• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Seeing SE's love for Apple and iOS you'd have thought they have made wave with SteamPlay Mac versions of their back catalog. Not like I'm strapped for stuff to play but hey I like to horde things!

That would be smart, but SE stopped being smart in 2001.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Today I finished Lili: Child of Geos, and.. eh, didn't like it, at all. The main missions are basically the same mini game over and over again. There are some side missions, mostly collect this and that, but I didn't care about those. It's a repetitive ~2.5 hours game, I would not recommend it at that price tag. (and what's up with some of the sound effects quality? They sound like something out of a gameboy)

But hey, at least it looks lovely. Took some screenshots, though I couldn't get the free cam UE3 commands to work.
Code:
[IMG]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3877/14557162839_e9f2847648_b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5576/14743805925_595b7963b0_b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3857/14557127050_88813b131c_b.jpg[/IMG]

Turfster

Today I finished Lili: Child of Geos, and.. eh, didn't like it, at all. The main missions are basically the same mini game over and over again. There are some side missions, mostly collect this and that, but I didn't care about those. It's a repetitive ~2.5 hours game, I would not recommend it at that price tag. (and what's up with some of the sound effects quality? They sound like something out of a gameboy)

But hey, at least it looks lovely. Took some screenshots, though I couldn't get the free cam UE3 commands to work.

Aw. It looks shiny, though.
Also, does it have rotated screen support, or did you crop those?

*drumroll* Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the SteamGAF Games Night Saturday Night Showdown.

nKzeUFw.png

In this event this weekend, it shall be decided who is SteamGAF's Champion Lord of the Scrubs in Super Street Fighter IV AE. Your champion lord will be bestowed the most glorious award, the Belt of Glory, to wear on their avatar and flaunt for all time! Or till next Showdown, where others again have the chance to attain such glory, and could part the champion of their belt, returning him or her to lowly scrubdom.

*behold the glory*

hGn0Cwo.png

The event will start at 8:00pm EDT, and will begin with an hour of free-form Endless Mode matches, so everyone could get a feel for the game if they are new or returning. The tournament will start at 9:00pm EDT. Entrants for the tournament can submit their bids in the group chat during the showdown, and we'll coordinate multiple brackets if attendance justifies it. Endless Matches will resume after the tournament.

Add me or MarcoZombieCannon to be invited to the group chat at the start of the event. Streaming will occur at my twitch channel and optionally at MarcoZombieCannon's.

Come one, come all; let the hunger for glory consume you. Don't hesitate for lack of experience, or worry about looking bad. As is the intention of every GAF Games Night, we're playing for fun and playing to learn. Except this time the stakes are huge.

See you then!

---

t1406422800z1.png

Damn... I hate that I'm going out of town. I planned to setup a SFIV event as well.

Yrael

Spare Modbot codes for anyone who wants them:

Paradigm Shift -- MB-3AFE8E570753E01F - Taken by drakaenae. 3 entrants total.
Plain Sight -- MB-AD497493D2203B24 - Taken by ShogunX. 1 entrants total.
Instant Dungeon! (Desura) -- MB-A3841F1F4F1A8989 - Taken by Popstar. 1 entrants total.
Universe Sandbox -- MB-3CA7B47DB4E72366 - Taken by Alduin. 2 entrants total.

wilflare

Code:
[IMG]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3877/14557162839_e9f2847648_b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5576/14743805925_595b7963b0_b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3857/14557127050_88813b131c_b.jpg[/IMG]

sure looks lovely :O

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
hey guys ... last one left ... someone grab it, please :p

Thief Gold #3 -- MB-7CD3AD730E9EA349 - Taken by Loptous

*drumroll* Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the SteamGAF Games Night Saturday Night Showdown.

nKzeUFw.png

In this event this weekend, it shall be decided who is SteamGAF's Champion Lord of the Scrubs in Super Street Fighter IV AE. Your champion lord will be bestowed the most glorious award, the Belt of Glory, to wear on their avatar and flaunt for all time! Or till next Showdown, where others again have the chance to attain such glory, and could part the champion of their belt, returning him or her to lowly scrubdom.

*behold the glory*

hGn0Cwo.png

The event will start at 8:00pm EDT, and will begin with an hour of free-form Endless Mode matches, so everyone could get a feel for the game if they are new or returning. The tournament will start at 9:00pm EDT. Entrants for the tournament can submit their bids in the group chat during the showdown, and we'll coordinate multiple brackets if attendance justifies it. Endless Matches will resume after the tournament.

Add me or MarcoZombieCannon to be invited to the group chat at the start of the event. Streaming will occur at my twitch channel and optionally at MarcoZombieCannon's.

Come one, come all; let the hunger for glory consume you. Don't hesitate for lack of experience, or worry about looking bad. As is the intention of every GAF Games Night, we're playing for fun and playing to learn. Except this time the stakes are huge.

See you then!

---

t1406422800z1.png

Beware of my Dan SteamGAF.

fallout

I'm out of town at the moment, but I really love that you folks are doing these game nights. Reminds me of the old SteamGAF days.

Yay, after 6 hours and 43 minutes, 141 deaths, and losing 35009 gold, I've finally completed Shovel Knight. What a fantastic game, really enjoyable and worth all those frustrating moments, very well done by Yacht Club games, thank you toki767.

EDIT: Sorry Toki, got the names mixed up there.

Toshin

since we got some sf4 peeps here
take this free and brand new prize code if you have ultra for console already!

Ultra Street Fighter 4 title code debuted at Comic-Con: 8TGIXJVLEKEHG8. [Capcom Fighter] Pass it on!

its a general code for an unlockable title within the game, anyone can use it

Momentary

Banned

nKzeUFw.png

*behold the glory*

hGn0Cwo.png

See you then!

---

t1406422800z1.png

I'm in. I need to dust off my Abel, Ryu, and Makoto for this.

Jawmuncher

Thanks to a fellow service member looks like I'm all in for Ultra SF. Don't like posting names because of lurkers but thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom