• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

Never heard of it, goggled and found myself facing Nickelodeon logo with Avatar: The Last Airbender. I did watch the show and did like it but that was years ago. as for a game of the show I expect it to be no better than move licensed games.

So no, I am not interested and I never played games from Platinum as well... What makes you interested?

Well, if you had played a Platinum game before you would be interested.

I should say that my only experience with Platinum is MGR, but that game was so face meltingly awesome that I'm very much looking forward to anything these guys do.

Hugstable

Banned
It's coming to PS4, PS3, XB1, XB360 and PC - published by Activision.

lol pretty much everything but the Wii U. SO glad to hear it's coming on PC though! Hell Yeah!

Well, if you had played a Platinum game before you would be interested.

I should say that my only experience with Platinum is MGR, but that game was so face meltingly awesome that I'm very much looking forward to anything these guys do.

Yeah we really need more of their games on Steam. Even their old games as Clover like Viewtiful Joe and Okami would be amazing to have on Steam.

Never heard of it, goggled and found myself facing Nickelodeon logo with Avatar: The Last Airbender. I did watch the show and did like it but that was years ago. as for a game of the show I expect it to be no better than move licensed games.

So no, I am not interested and I never played games from Platinum as well... What makes you interested?
Legend of Korra is a sequel, and Korra is Aang's successor as the new Avatar, show quality wise I still prefer TLA, but LoK never lacked any big fights. Fights with element manipulation, why aren't you excited?

Yup if there's one thing I always love about Platinum, they always get the gameplay mechanics down pretty well. So many great Platinum games coming soon! Can never have enough Platinum.

I really wish we could have an Okami HD port.
I'm glad Acti didn't go for its own in house studio for a quick cash grab.

Sadly no.

The series is good and the universe is perfect for an action game. Also, Platinum Games has delivered some pretty awesome games, like Bayonetta and Megal Gear Rising.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
LIVE NOW: Serious Stream: http://twitch.tv/morningbus (Join us directly via Steam)

Serious Stream: Serious Sam 1 (Part 2) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 1) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 2) (youtube)

uJLGX2U.jpg

What’s going on here?
SteamGaf sent Morningbus over 6 months worth of M&M cable credit codes. He agreed to stream Serious Sam 1 to 3, a series of games he has often compared unfavorably against a swift kick to the key areas.

But people like Serious Sam? Hell, I like Serious Sam!
Come, sip deep of his essence and let him pull back the veil behind the greatest fraud perpetrated in the history of the world.

Wait…
Just watch the stream.

No, hold up a sec. Why are people giving Morningbus their M&M debit cards I heard so much about?
That M&M promotion initially started off offering both $6 debit cards and $6 cable credits. However, the internet being what it is depleted those cards within just a few weeks of the promotion and now they are only giving away the cable credits. Some people have no need for this type of code and some people are just having fun seeing exactly how far Morningbus can take it.

Can I join in?
Certainly! Just join the Unofficial NeoGAF Mumble server (details here) and join the Serious Stream room. You can also chat through the Twitch.TV link from above.

M&M Scoreboard said:
114 from Jawmuncher
102 from Toki767
90 from Anustart
78 from Morningbus
54 from default two
42 from Cloudius12
36 from Mono
36 from BinaryPork2737
30 from Mokoi
30 from CorrosiveFrost
30 from Chocobro
30 from Stallion Free
24 from dot
24 from Gunstarheroes
24 from Xclash
18 from iosefe
18 from Pickles Spill
18 from shadownet
12 from Cheddahz
12 from tylerf
12 from Servizio
6 from Armoured Priest
6 from Amzin
6 from tiny raptor
6 from thesaucetastic
6 from Myshkin

Toal: $864!

Special thanks: Jawmuncher for 3 codes!; Shadownet for 1 code!; Servizio for 1 code!; Cloudius12 for 1 code!; Stallion Free for 1 code! You guys are the best!

Strazyplus

Well, if you had played pretty much any Platinum game you would be interested.

MadWorld
Infinite Space
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Anarchy Reigns
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2
The Legend of Korra
Scalebound

Out of all of them I have played zero so yeah I haven't, and the line-up seems small to me but I need to try one of their games out sometime. As for scalebound looked interesting but what they showed was all CGI and nothing real plus XBONE ONLY. just makes it likely that I will never play it.

Start with Metal Gear Rising.

Was thinking that, perhaps should buy it sometime.

Cheddahz

Banned
LIVE NOW: Serious Stream: http://twitch.tv/morningbus (Join us directly via Steam)

Serious Stream: Serious Sam 1 (Part 2) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 1) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 2) (youtube)

uJLGX2U.jpg

What’s going on here?
SteamGaf sent Morningbus over 6 months worth of M&M cable credit codes. He agreed to stream Serious Sam 1 to 3, a series of games he has often compared unfavorably against a swift kick to the key areas.

But people like Serious Sam? Hell, I like Serious Sam!
Come, sip deep of his essence and let him pull back the veil behind the greatest fraud perpetrated in the history of the world.

Wait…
Just watch the stream.

No, hold up a sec. Why are people giving Morningbus their M&M debit cards I heard so much about?
That M&M promotion initially started off offering both $6 debit cards and $6 cable credits. However, the internet being what it is depleted those cards within just a few weeks of the promotion and now they are only giving away the cable credits. Some people have no need for this type of code and some people are just having fun seeing exactly how far Morningbus can take it.

Can I join in?
Certainly! Just join the Unofficial NeoGAF Mumble server (details here) and join the Serious Stream room. You can also chat through the Twitch.TV link from above.

Toal: $864!

Special thanks: Jawmuncher for 3 codes!; Shadownet for 1 code!; Servizio for 1 code!; Cloudius12 for 1 code!; Stallion Free for 1 code! You guys are the best!
I wanna say that I've donated $18 lol (and I'm about to try and win another one!)

Hugstable

Banned
I've never played a game developed by Platinum. Guess I should fix that...

Yes since you have Steam look up Metal Gear Rising now! If you have any of the consoles then the Platinum choices really open up with games like Vanquish, Wonderful 101 and soon to be Bayo 2. You should really just play Metal Gear Rising though since it's right here on Steam, and plus that fighting system and Dat Soundtrack. Power Vocals!!!!

Caerith

Sadly no.
So basically you're only disinterested because you don't know what to expect. Platinum is a highly talented developer that excels at making action games, and the benderverse has a lot of potential, so this could be incredibly fun.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Platinum have developed mostly decent to amazing quality games, so the minute you play one, you'll understand why people get really hyped for them.

Since MGR is the only game available on PC officially, start with that. Once you figure out how to play the game, it's great. And the OST is so good.

Strider

Yes since you have Steam look up Metal Gear Rising now! If you have any of the consoles then the Platinum choices really open up with games like Vanquish, Wonderful 101 and soon to be Bayo 2. You should really just play Metal Gear Rising though since it's right here on Steam, and plus that fighting system and Dat Soundtrack. Power Vocals!!!!

Start with Metal Gear Rising.

It's on my wishlist! Gonna pick it up next sale.

I'm considering getting Bayonetta 2 for the Wii U too. Since they decided to port the first one to the system as well it seems like something I need to pick up.

Yrael

I ended up buying two more bundles so I could give away more copies of The Cat Lady. There's something wrong with me, help!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yrael, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Cat Lady #2 -- MB-4461685FE782B939 - Taken by Kryptonite. 2 entrants total.
The Cat Lady -- MB-DA035F88FA1B5CDD - Taken by Cth. 5 entrants total.

t1406345773z1.png

Strazyplus

So basically you're only disinterested because you don't know what to expect. Platinum is a highly talented developer that excels at making action games, and the benderverse has a lot of potential, so this could be incredibly fun.

Platinum have developed mostly decent to amazing quality games, so the minute you play one, you'll understand why people get really hyped for them.

Since MGR is the only game available on PC officially, start with that. Once you figure out how to play the game, it's great. And the OST is so good.

You're missing the best Platinum games of the generation if you don't have a Wii U.

Will have to wait and see, but to be fair I am not overly interested in The Last Airbender. But Will have to go give MGR a go and see for myself! :) Everyone is sooo crazed about Platinum! he he! as for me I will stick with my PC for now consoles don't exactly interest me. Until they focus on PC a little more I doubt I will care too much for Platinum. Good night!

derExperte

Reading the description would've helped but I didn't expect VDHHD to be a rather intricate Rogue Legacy-style game where you can choose between heroes with different abilities and level stats up permanently, I thought it would be something simpler.

Don't know about the longevity yet (played 1hr) but compared to Legacy I like the short levels with a mini-boss at the bottom instead of having to grind a while before getting somehwere. Here there's instant gratification including temporary level ups you lose after dying and permanent upgrades that are purchasable in the levels and in the hub with gold (which you only lose between runs when rerolling the heroes offered). Keys are important as well as they're used for multiple purposes like opening chests, removing obstacles, freeing computer controlled helpers or even bypassing a mini-boss with five keys. And there's more, for example short quests that get you XP, water that flows around when blocks are destroyed, the possibility to warp back to the top and lots of tombstones which e.g. spawn artifacts but also enemies when activated. Enemy variety is high, graphics are good enough for a 5€ game and the artstyle reminds me of Scribblenauts (in a good way).

Almost forgot another nice touch, you can play as 'pacifist' and gain more XP by picking up symbols that disappear after killing one enemy (kills by ai companions don't count). Also levels have modifiers, enemies with less HP but more damage, two bosses instead of one etc.

A few cons: No online coop, only local and LAN. Sometimes enemies spawn right into me and when the health is low which can lead to an unavoidable death. Or there's a bunch cuddled together and it's impossible to fight them without losing a lot of health (avoiding those mobs is an option most of the time). Lastly the controller config needs work due to a few inconsistencies and bugs and button icons would've been appreciated. Overall the controls are fine though, very responsive.

So thumbs up from me so far, a pleasant surprise.

Toki767

The Cat Lady #2 -- MB-4461685FE782B939 - Taken by Kryptonite. 2 entrants total.

I was the other entrant in this and I still lost.

Such horrible ModBot luck.

I ended up buying two more bundles so I could give away more copies of The Cat Lady. There's something wrong with me, help!

That is an awesome game so I don't think there anything wrong with you, on the contrary I reckom this game deserves more love so I approve of your giveway.

I'm giving away two Deus Ex games that never existed.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex: The Fall -- MB-0ECDCE650B5E2C98 - Taken by derExperte. 9 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-169FED7F9F2AC4F6 - Taken by jmizzal. 1 entrants total.

t1406346852z1.png

Deitus

Well DOTA 2 finally finished updating, so hopefully I can join you guys on the next game night (assuming you do DOTA again).

Now for 2 classics.
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Atraveller, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Thief Gold -- MB-FFEFCC5798393613 - Taken by Volimar
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-AC78B6CECCFA524D - Taken by doctorcdcs

Sky Chief

I'm about halfway through Tomb Raider Legend and having an absolute blast despite horrible camera and some general jankiness. I also have Anniversary and Underworld. Are there any other games on Steam like TR that are good?

Turfster

Does the directors edition of Deus Ex have a separate sub or does it replace the standard edition?

Separate.

I'm about halfway through Tomb Raider Legend and having an absolute blast despite horrible camera and some general jankiness. I also have Anniversary and Underworld. Are there any other games on Steam like TR that are good?

While the new Tomb Raider isn't a puzzle platformer like those 3, it's still very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom