• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

Nice write-up. But that's exactly what a spy would say. You can't fool me.
Besides, what's the story of your avatar (apart from looking mean & condescending as heck 【・_・?】)
All this spy talk makes me wish for a game that captured the feel of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

My avatar is from day 8 of the 2011 summer sale. I brought her out again for the 2014 summer sale (in pink), people complained when I put her away after the sale ended, so I guess she's permanent now.

rtcn63

All this spy talk makes me wish for a game that captured the feel of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

I like how the disembodied voice of his still-living ex-wife follows George around, advising him and taunting him all at once. He talks back, but she can never hear him.

"You made the present alive to me. You gave me reality, now you've robbed me of all peace."

wilflare

this seems more popular...

ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mini Ninjas -- MB-2D9D09BE2F757984 - Taken by Gez. 2 entrants total.

t1406343612z1.png

Uzzy

Zero kills, 10 deaths but eight assists in that last game. Ouch.

I hope someone else got use out of the GLaDOS announcer I bought before the games though, heh.

you all did really well i was suprised

i was expecting stuff like how do i move

Did our last ban make sense? I asked them to ban sven. Seemed like it would combo nicely

captains mode isnt really for any tier other than the insanely high (pro or right below it) in my opinion (like waaaaaay above me)

if you dont know the ins and outs of everything, including all the people on the other team, its really not worth playing because you can swap out x for y and it wont make any difference

i mean you could have banned any carry and i would have just picked a different safe lane carry

its still fun to mess around with but "outdrafting" and "proper choices" arent going to come into play usually

zkylon

zkylewd
oh man some of these dks2 dlc bosses are brutal

i imagine they're a lot nicer in ng but i guess this is the problem of releasing dlc for this game

i'm on ng+++, so yeah...

Reading GOT S5's excellent casting, reminds me that all the great actings will be lost in Telltale's worthless animation ability, they really need to up their game.
Well you should post more. I enjoy your avatar...
and what you usually have to say :)
Aww thank you!

Strider

I actually feel like playing Dota even more but I know if I jump into a game with randoms I'll get flamed by Russians and I dont wanna deal with that right now.

Gaf game was fun tho. We need to do that again soon.

Oh, Gurren Lagann's Yoko. This has piqued my interest.
Does this game have user-content or how can they incorporate stuff like that?
Some highlights from the Speedrunners competition:
You dropped something
Taunt Rejected
PrematureQuiche taking corrosivefrost down
Taunting my way to a win
You shall not pass
Corrosivefrost showing the way
Lucky Shortcut
A bit glitchy gifs, no idea why that green stuff is like that.
I should play SR against frosty sometime. Need to bolster up my confidence.
Today I finished Lili: Child of Geos, and.. eh, didn't like it, at all. [...] Took some screenshots, though I couldn't get the free cam UE3 commands to work.
I am still baffled at how good this game looks. Would be nice if you'd record some gameplay videos nbnt.
Haven't read the book or watched the movie, only saw the trailer. But it seems like the adventure genre would be fitting for such an experience.
Just thinking about a mixture of the paranoia from The Ship and the puzzle-solving, story-slanted focus of The Longest Journey set in a realistic '60s cold war setting makes me giddy.

Hugstable

Banned
Anyone interested in that Legend of Korra game that Platinum Games is making? It looks pretty cool.

jaktet.gif

Is it coming to Steam. If so then it's a for sure buy, I ususlly buy whatever Platinum releases as long as it's on a platform I own. Haven't watched anything Avatar besides the original Aang series though.

Momentary

Banned
I think I'm about to have a heart attack from not being able to link basic combos.

Anyway, that new platinum game looks like it's what I need. Is this some spinoff from air bender or something?

dot

Anyone interested in that Legend of Korra game that Platinum Games is making? It looks pretty cool.

jaktet.gif

It looks good...let's see if it plays as well.

also were the ratings that bad that they moved it to online streaming? I haven't even watched a single episode of season 3 yet!

Absolutely. The new season is awesome and it's a shame that it's going digital only after this week. Nickelodeon pls.

I think I'm about to have a heart attack from not being able to link basic combos.

Anyway, that new platinum game looks like it's what I need. Is this some spinoff from air bender or something?

Haha, yes. It's already halfway through it's 3rd season and it's pretty good.

Indignate

It looks good...let's see if it plays as well.

also were the ratings that bad that they moved it to online streaming? I haven't even watched a single episode of season 3 yet!

If it plays well? It's a Platinum joint, don't insult them like that.

Nickelodeon doesn't know how to treat their best shows. See Invader Zim.

Also, see my face.

Strazyplus

Never heard of it, goggled and found myself facing Nickelodeon logo with Avatar: The Last Airbender. I did watch the show and did like it but that was years ago. as for a game of the show I expect it to be no better than move licensed games.

So no, I am not interested and I never played games from Platinum as well... What makes you interested?

It's Platinum, have faith.

Sadly no.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Was in Yellowstone Park all day so never logged on to see...

Thank you Phoenix for Divinity!! Can't wait to play when I get home from vacation.

You rock!

Hugstable

Banned
It's Platinum, have faith.

Yup if there's one thing I always love about Platinum, they always get the gameplay mechanics down pretty well. So many great Platinum games coming soon! Can never have enough Platinum.

I really wish we could have an Okami HD port.

Please don't be just Wii U, pleaseeeeeeee.

I think it was only confirmed to be multiplat. I just want it on Steam haha. Most multiplat games I pretty much just want to get on Steam these days.

Strider

I knew nothing of LoK except that it was a TV show but taking this from the wiki page:

The series is set in a fictional universe where some people can manipulate, or "bend", the elements of water, earth, fire, or air

makes it sound like an amazing game can come from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom