• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
*drumroll* Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the SteamGAF Games Night Saturday Night Showdown.

nKzeUFw.png

In this event this weekend, it shall be decided who is SteamGAF's Champion Lord of the Scrubs in Super Street Fighter IV AE. Your champion lord will be bestowed the most glorious award, the Belt of Glory, to wear on their avatar and flaunt for all time! Or till next Showdown, where others again have the chance to attain such glory, and could part the champion of their belt, returning him or her to lowly scrubdom.

*behold the glory*

hGn0Cwo.png

The event will start at 8:00pm EDT, and will begin with an hour of free-form Endless Mode matches, so everyone could get a feel for the game if they are new or returning. The tournament will start at 9:00pm EDT. Entrants for the tournament can submit their bids in the group chat during the showdown, and we'll coordinate multiple brackets if attendance justifies it. Endless Matches will resume after the tournament.

Add me or MarcoZombieCannon to be invited to the group chat at the start of the event. Streaming will occur at my twitch channel and optionally at MarcoZombieCannon's.

Come one, come all; let the hunger for glory consume you. Don't hesitate for lack of experience, or worry about looking bad. As is the intention of every GAF Games Night, we're playing for fun and playing to learn. Except this time the stakes are huge.

See you then!

---

t1406422800z1.png

i'll probably join if i have time! weeeeeeeeeee

Mokoi

Banned
Holy SHIT XD!

TiTS in only about 3 days now!!!!

Apparently this game is very good, and can't wait to try it out.

---
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mokoi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon - Enhanced Edition -- MB-B59597512D0B3E02 - Taken by Kaper. 12 entrants total.
I just don't know how I feel about this game

t1406351713z1.png

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
PHEW. Been downtown since Wednesday for Comic-Con.

I heard I missed a Transformers book bundle giveaway. FINE THEN STEAMGAF I'LL BUY IT MYSELF *JoJo pose*

Silaerion

Neo Member
Bit of a random question, and perhaps off-topic, but would anyone know whether or not Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor has any region locks of any kind implemented... or, at the very least, yet?

I'm very interested in purchasing the game, but I can't seem to ignore the magnificent pricing some folks are offering as a result of the Russian listing.

Bit of a random question, and perhaps off-topic, but would anyone know whether or not Middle-earth: Shadow of Morder has any region locks of any kind implemented... or, at the very least, yet?

I'm very interested in purchasing the game, but I can't seem to ignore the magnificent pricing some folks are offering as a result of the Russian listing.
Nothing indicating a region lock on it on Steamdb right now, at least so far as I can tell.

Hugstable

Banned
Bit of a random question, and perhaps off-topic, but would anyone know whether or not Middle-earth: Shadow of Morder has any region locks of any kind implemented... or, at the very least, yet?

That's actually pretty on topic ha. And haven't checked into the game much since the end of the summer sale but I don't think it was region locked at all then. Don't know if that has changed now though.

Silaerion

Neo Member
Nothing indicating a region lock on it on Steamdb right now, at least so far as I can tell.

So would I be safe in assuming all the keys redeemed at the moment are considered the same in Valve's eyes? I know there was a case with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt where Russian redeemed copies before a certain point shared the same identifier with North American copies, and thus were free from the region lock that was later imposed on purchasing/trading/gifting.

That's actually pretty on topic ha. And haven't checked into the game much since the end of the summer sale but I don't think it was region locked at all then. Don't know if that has changed now though.

Yeah, I just wasn't sure whether or not it was an okay subject to just bring out to the open and discuss.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So would I be safe in assuming all the keys redeemed at the moment are considered the same in Valve's eyes? I know there was a case with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt where Russian redeemed copies before a certain point shared the same identifier with North American copies, and thus were free from the region lock that was later imposed on purchasing/trading/gifting.

The situation with The Witcher 3 is bizarre. First Russia was lumped in with the ROW sub. Then CDPR make an RU-specific sub. Then CDPR region-locked aforementioned sub but for some reason it didn't take. Then CDPR removed said region-lock because it wasn't working. Then CDPR re-added the region-lock but it's still not working.

At no point has the game actually been region-locked.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Y'know, I really hate this "improved" moniker for the boss fights in DC.
It's more like "redesigned to silence the cry babies".
KuGsj.gif

I never had a problem with the original layout for the boss fights, but new options are always welcome. It's sort of interesting to explore the boss areas and see what was changed, but it didn't affect my Director's Cut run too much.

TiTS in only about 3 days now!!!!

Just in time to finish my card idling too. I'll be able to knock that price down to $10 or so, thankfully.

Do you know if Final Fantasy 3 has ever benn discounted on GMG?

Apparently not, at least according to isthereanydeal.com. There were the vouchers, of course, but that seems to be it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Keys haven't been sent out yet. Here's hoping. ;)

oh, I see ... well in that case - good luck :) keeping my fingers crossed for you!! :D

The situation with The Witcher 3 is bizarre. First Russia was lumped in with the ROW sub. Then CDPR make an RU-specific sub. Then CDPR region-locked aforementioned sub but for some reason it didn't take. Then CDPR removed said region-lock because it wasn't working. Then CDPR re-added the region-lock but it's still not working.

they're just stalling ;)

Silaerion

Neo Member

That is quite odd, but I imagine current Russian The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt keys are now being identified as RU rather than ROW like before?

Would this be the case for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor? All Russian keys currently being ROW with a potential RU sub down the road?

Hugstable

Banned
I never had a problem with the original layout for the boss fights, but new options are always welcome. It's sort of interesting to explore the boss areas and see what was changed, but it didn't affect my Director's Cut run too much.

Just in time to finish my card idling too. I'll be able to knock that price down to $10 or so, thankfully.

Apparently not, at least according to isthereanydeal.com. There were the vouchers, of course, but that seems to be it.

Yup I got like 14 games I need to idle just from the recent bundles and hoping it'll knock the price down enough to where I only have to spend 10$ on it. Game surprised me out of nowhere when they made the annoucement early on this week.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That is quite odd, but I imagine current The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt keys are now being identified as RU rather than ROW like before?

Yeah, but the RU sub is region-free despite AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting being disabled.

Would this be the case for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor? All keys currently being ROW with a potential RU sub down the road?

I wouldn't worry about Mordor. It's been pre-purchaseable for two months now and WB has, historically, turned a blind eye to the "grey market".

Silaerion

Neo Member
Yeah, but the RU sub is region-free despite AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting being disabled.

I wouldn't worry about Mordor. It's been pre-purchaseable for two months now and WB has, historically, turned a blind eye to the "grey market".

Alright, that's very interesting and helpful information for me.

I appreciate the time you all took to answer my questions, thanks!

Hugstable

Banned
Apparently this game is very good, and can't wait to try it out.

---

That battle system is pretty fun and seems a bit more fresh than your average turn based RPG. Also the jazzy feel the music has is amazing. Really cool to have this come out on Steam since the only other way to play the game was via PSP or Vita since it's a PSP game. Love that Falcom has always done PC versions for some games like this and yS and that Xseed has actually decided to bring us this version. Hopefully we get to hear more about the Second Chapter soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56RmwwKxPzE

Played through the early access/beta(?) of Deadbread.
I only thing I knew was the fact it was a MOBA. There was no tutorial, or anything that resembled some sort of guide that would help me.
I basically was a skeleton killing other skeletons for 30 minutes with a couple of a**holes. I got the hang of it/figured out controls and what stuff did by the end of the match.
From what I learned from this experience is that I should probably stick with Awesomenauts.

Episode two was starved for help which left an impression on me, what was three about?
episode with the train. Just lots of crazy stuff, Lilly shooting Carley, duck getting bit. Katjah killing herself. Me killing duck while Kenny watched. I really was surprised by Lilly shooting Carley, didn't see it coming and my jaw literally fell open when it happened.
Loving the game so far. I wonder if I can convince my wife to play it. I'd love to watch and see what choices she makes and see her reactions. Might be a little to brutal for her, though.

JustLynx

Good morning gaffers! :]
Heard excellent reviews and recommendations about this game, but I haven't get the chance of playing it though,
enjoy and good luck!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JustLynx, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

To the Moon -- MB-EA1403E224235D91 - Taken by PossumMeat. 3 entrants total.

t1406441353z1.png

I kinda miss the days when Falcom was a PC-centric developer.
Even when DOS gamers got Sorcerian thanks to Sierra's patronage, the original soundtrack got absolutely gutted in order to work for MIDI devices, and most players had to deal with lame AdLib music if they hadn't purchased an MT-32 deck by that point. I'm honestly amazed they put Vantage Master V2 up online, for free, with a half-decent English translation. They might have been let down by inconsistent localization in the past, but the company's not going to abandon PC after seeing how accepting Western PC users are.

Even when DOS gamers got Sorcerian thanks to Sierra's patronage, the original soundtrack got absolutely gutted in order to work for MIDI devices, and most players had to deal with lame AdLib music if they hadn't purchased an MT-32 deck by that point. I'm honestly amazed they put Vantage Master V2 up online, for free, with a half-decent English translation. They might have been let down by inconsistent localization in the past, but the company's not going to abandon PC after seeing how accepting Western PC users are.
We'll see how, or if, that pans out long term, what with them going whole hog for the Vita right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom