• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Why is random shit I don't want showing up on my game list with "1 day left"? :/

This is an obnoxious way to advertise.

At least it's grammatically correct for you, it shows up as "1 days left" for me :p

I'm not a fan of it either, but it's free to try (don't want to though) and it's not too invasive so I put up with it. I do wish that Valve would give us the option to opt out of free weekends because I never actually play them anyway.

Dr Dogg

Why is random shit I don't want showing up on my game list with "1 day left"? :/

This is an obnoxious way to advertise.

I guess it's easier to spot when you've only just started down the path of stocking your library. But that's it though it's advertising coupled with making it easier to manage giving everyone the said promotion on their account when it goes live instead of having to handle requests constantly when someone sees it on the front page. I'm sure Valve will eventually implement Origin's 'Hide Game' feature in about oooooohhh 4 or so years at this rate. Easy solution now buy more games and hide the promos! Or do what I do and have the Library tab as always set to either Favourites or Installed Games and then it's near and tidy all the time.

oipic

Noticed The Room coming soon on steam.

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/288160/

Although I feel The Room 2 is a stronger experience, I still can't recommend it highly enough (depending on what the price comes out to of course).

Conceptually it is pretty simple, with the game comprising of a series of puzzles that resolve down to a pixel hunt and a bit of simple logic.

However the atmosphere is brilliant, the puzzles often clever and there is a good chunk of game there to sink your teeth into. If I might compare it to something like Year Walk, I would suggest the atmosphere is more consistent, the puzzles better and it all just makes more "sense"...even though none of the somewhat understated story really makes any sense (which is kind of the point).

If you haven't picked it up on the ipad (where it shines) I'd strongly suggest checking it out.

I heartily agree with Todd on all points here (I was hoping to post something very much like this myself after hearing that The Room was coming to Steam).

One of the slickest and most compelling puzzle games to hit tablets...well, ever, and the only questions marks regarding the PC version are (a) the initial price point, and (b) how well (and how intuitively) it controls using a mouse, as the touch controls were nigh-on perfect on the iPad - and it was clearly designed and built with touch in mind.

Shadownet

Banned
Happy birthday! Fantastic giveaway, lots of great stuff in there. I wish I could enter for Metro Redux, but alas, it's been a while since I've given away something and buying a bundle just to hand out would feel too cheap compared to your generosity. So instead: good luck to the entrants! May they go to a worthy home.

As Stump said about a couple days ago. It doesn't matter what you choose to giveaway. Don't feel that your gift is less than anyone else. Because somewhere out there, there is someone who will love that game. So we shouldn't exclude someone because they want to buy a bunch of bundles to qualify for Megagivers.

I learned from that, it was a good lesson. So if you want to do it. You should :) I want everyone to enter!

I've had this on iOS for donkey's years but put not much more than 5 mins in. One thing I'm wondering is how this will transfer to a different control scheme. I guess you kind of key the same level of control and acceptation as a touch interface with a mouse but it still has a slightly different visual feedback. Any good to see you haven't disappeared and cheers for the info.

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure how it will "feel" on PC but I think it would hold up well. A lot of the fun was using the touch screen to "open" and "rotate" different bits and pieces, but using the mouse is going to be more or less the same.

AHA-Lambda

ModBot said:
Instructions for AHA-Lambda:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AHA-Lambda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hitman: Absolution -- MB-38ED8F6157806BA8 - Taken by kutthoat5150
Anachronox -- MB-8C39628D86FF5D1F - Taken by kevin1025
Hitman 2 -- MB-9F8B442C86F3F654 - Taken by Speevy
Daikatana -- MB-01CBCB9067C23511 - Taken by Coldsun
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-DB151346FF4F981E - Taken by GrinningColossus
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-CFEA33C1BC27F481 - Taken by Ben652
Thief Gold -- MB-C9A9762B4A886A9F - Taken by 28 Posts Later
Deus Ex: The Fall -- MB-148D3687CD118221 - Taken by ev0
BattleStations; Midway -- MB-15CB789C8402367E - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Mini Ninjas -- MB-4D7A40DB13D29784 - Taken by -MD-
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-E05406C2BAEAF652 - Taken by sprinkles

Humble Squenix Bundle Tiers 1 and 2, have at it guys :)

Shadownet

Banned
I have 1 submission so far. and I just want to remind everyone to show their reasoning to how you got your answer :) Only the correct answer and reasoning will be counted. I also updated the rules a bit to show that. Everytime you send me a PM with an answer, it will count as 1 try, you have 7 total.

-----------

Happy b-day Shadownet. How old are you now?

I'm 22 :) it feel weird to say honestly.

Yrael

As Stump said about a couple days ago. It doesn't matter what you choose to giveaway. Don't feel that your gift is less than anyone else. Because somewhere out there, there is someone who will love that game. So we shouldn't exclude someone because they want to buy a bunch of bundles to qualify for Megagivers.

I learned from that, it was a good lesson. So if you want to do it. You should :) I want everyone to enter!

That's a really good way of looking at it. It certainly makes me feel a little better about giving away these. xD
(Though I've already given away 20 games.)

Chariot

Since today is my birthday, I thought I would give a little token of appreciation to you guys. Thank you for making my time at SteamGAF a wonderful experience. There have been tough times but there were even more wonderful moments. You guys are an awesome group of people, don't ever change.

Here is a little fun for everyone :) Good luck to everyone!
(A special thanks to a handful of people who helped made this happened. You know who you are! thank you so much guys from the bottom of my heart!)
Happy birthday, man! Stay healthy and cool. You're a great guy.

Awesome giveaway and challenge!

Copons

Apparently there was an unclaimed key in my loot!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Copons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Thomas Was Alone -- MB-FD8048BAE74090DF

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Thomas Was Alone was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Also happy
offtopics :p
birthday Shadownet!

Shadownet

Banned
Hey we're the same age!(Only for two more months though)

I still feel like I should tell people I'm 18. Cause I feel and look like 18. lol

Happy birthday, man! Stay healthy and cool. You're a great guy.

Awesome giveaway and challenge!

Thank you Chariot :)

------------

Off Topic:
there is something strangely odd (in a good way) about the first girl you ever dated (in 6th grade) is the one who wished you a happy birthday first. (not counting you guys from GAF) I feel happy about that.

-----------

I know people been playing 100% OJ. how is that game? Is it any good? :) just give me a small impression.

AHA-Lambda

Ah, nice to see my Steam review of GWBW getting hate from one of the 2 people on the Steam thread who defend it in an evangelical way, calling all criticism against it unfounded and people stupid.

Ah, never change internet.

EDIT: oh cool, my review is one of the first on the store page xD

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I know people been playing 100% OJ. how is that game? Is it any good? :) just give me a small impression.

RNG: The Board Game.

It's still fun though. All of it is luck based, like most board games, so prepare for some frustrating moments.

Doesn't hurt that the chicken badge is GOAT.

b260fba4226247830ad4c84285b8e74735b928c9.png

good to know that you liked the game :)

now about playing with keyboard , the thing is that playing with keyboard doesnt work properly because of the key restriction that most of the regular keyboards have so i suggest getting a basic controller to play or a fancy arcade stick depending on your preference , also if you really want something similar to a keyboard to play you should get a hitbox controller (is basically a arcade stick with buttons for movement instead of a stick )
Hehe yeah, I was playing on the keyboard as GF was playing with the only other controller I have at the moment (I am usually playing alone) but I am going to buy a PS4 controller sometime soon anyway. I have always wanted a fighting stick but never got one (I got all kinds of other crap like Beatmania controller and GunCons though!)

Shadownet

Banned
It's fun to play with others. Fun and rage educing for the RNG is dark and full of terror.

oh god RNG.. I'll check it out sometimes :) thanks. At least it doesn't sounds as bad as Gods Will Be Watching. -_- what a disappointment.

Lol, you are young. I envy you :p

When I was 18, I went back to visit my middle school. I got stopped in the hallway because they thought I was a student skipping class. Even though I had a car keys and dress nothing like a middle school student. lol

I look younger than I am. :p

hitoshi

FIND HIM!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Finding Teddy -- MB-882C347E03D12602

I guess you're right. Let me see what I can do.

Dang, the reviews of GWBW are pretty brutal and seem to paint an image of a game I don't like to play (resource management simulator). Dewishlisted for now.

When I was 18, I went back to visit my middle school. I got stopped in the hallway because they thought I was a student skipping class. Even though I had a car keys and dress nothing like a middle school student. lol

I look younger than I am. :p
I had that happen like last year still. I was walking back from taking my sister to school ( thehigh school is on the way to the elementary school) and got stopped by an admin and got told to get to class or I'd get marked for being tardy. Yeah okay dude.

I still get asked why I'm not at school when I go shopping during the day when school is in

Dr Dogg

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure how it will "feel" on PC but I think it would hold up well. A lot of the fun was using the touch screen to "open" and "rotate" different bits and pieces, but using the mouse is going to be more or less the same.

Ah top stuff. I should really pull my finger out and at least give it more of a try. As Oipic says price will be an I testing one as The Room was never a massively expensive game but was still above the onslaught on 69p/99 cents apps so I wonder how it will be priced relative to Steam's ecosystem.

Ah, nice to see my Steam review of GWBW getting hate from one of the 2 people on the Steam thread who defend it in an evangelical way, calling all criticism against it unfounded and people stupid.

Ah, never change internet.

EDIT: oh cool, my reivew is one of the first on the store page xD

I thought you meant Derrick then as that's the only comment I could see on your review but we all know/love/loath his opinions anyway :p

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So has Valve ever released the exact number of games it takes to trigger the Activation ban?
I've ran into it twice today. On the other hand, I have come to the conclusion that I need to keep track of my bundles more closely. I already own many indie games that I have on my Steam wishlist.

Yrael

Lol, the funny thing is, I'm actually half-tempted to buy more bandit bundles just so I can give away more copies of Cat Lady. And that's not just so I can get to Mega Giver status for Shadow's giveaway either - it's an awesome game.

There are a few ~30 year old regulars in the Steam thread.

Good to know I'm not too ancient. xD

Next thing you know I'll be in a rocking chair, shaking my fists at the clouds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom