• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 24, but I look like I'm in my 40s. :(
image.php

Shadownet

Banned
Lol, the funny thing is, I'm actually half-tempted to buy more bandit bundles just so I can give away more copies of Cat Lady. And that's not just so I can get to Mega Giver status for Shadow's giveaway either - it's an awesome game.

I havent play Cat Lady yet but from the video I saw on Steam, it did look like an amazing game. its creepy, crazy and a whole lot of trippy. lol Though the name of the game make me lol'ed every single time.

-----

Hair loss?

Of course not! nbnt just look like a 20 years younger version of him.

31_locke_lgl.jpg

everyone knows that!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I Am Vegend - Zombiegeddon -- MB-011F4A50C1F54F4A - Taken by Ventara
Fearless Fantasy -- MB-A286462C01424B79 - Taken by Knurek
Deadly 30 -- MB-4188AA3A16F0A163 - Taken by bronson
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 -- MB-B871F4583EEE572B - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-FFB653775C2FC58B - Taken by $h@d0w
Muffin Knight -- MB-CA32255F410BA835 - Taken by EzioCroft
Iron Grip: Warlord and Scorched Earth DLC -- MB-DBB9D12CA5F0551A - Taken by S1n1st3r
Disciples III: Reincarnation -- MB-031DB6A5781088D7 - Taken by Tellaerin

Alien Rage: Unlimited -- MB-6455B81559A8E129 - Taken by fernandes

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Ah, nice to see my Steam review of GWBW getting hate from one of the 2 people on the Steam thread who defend it in an evangelical way, calling all criticism against it unfounded and people stupid.

Ah, never change internet.

EDIT: oh cool, my review is one of the first on the store page xD

So it is! I gave it a thumbs up for you~

Not totally irredeemable but so much about it is just plain bad.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

I Am Vegend - Zombiegeddon -- MB-011F4A50C1F54F4A - Taken by Ventara
Fearless Fantasy -- MB-A286462C01424B79 - Taken by Knurek
Deadly 30 -- MB-4188AA3A16F0A163 - Taken by bronson
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 -- MB-B871F4583EEE572B - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-FFB653775C2FC58B - Taken by $h@d0w
Muffin Knight -- MB-CA32255F410BA835 - Taken by EzioCroft
Iron Grip: Warlord and Scorched Earth DLC -- MB-DBB9D12CA5F0551A - Taken by S1n1st3r
Disciples III: Reincarnation -- MB-031DB6A5781088D7 - Taken by Tellaerin
Alien Rage: Unlimited -- MB-6455B81559A8E129 - Taken by fernandes

Thanks anonymous benefactor.

I played the first one a few years ago. Wonder how the second one fares.

aku:jiki

Damn it, I want to play Betrayer but my parents are crashing here (since my house is closer to the airport they just came from than theirs is) and that game is too sound driven for mute gaming. These are real problems in life.

Well, I'm 33, so yea.
As am I, and I'm very satisfied that I'm no longer 20. Being old and wise is so much better than fumbling your way through life and desperately needing to fuck anything that moves.

I dinged 30 three weeks ago, and suddenly I've been rocking back pain, twice as damaging hangovers, going to sleep early and wake up even earlier, so yea^2. :'(

if you aren't already-should look into working out/exercising regularly

can't remember who said it but as they say, "take care of your body and it'll take care of you"

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of wilflare, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-8461480C4699C6B0 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 2 entrants total.
Legends of Persia -- MB-9EDD823C05700A0D - Taken by aurelioking. 3 entrants total.
REVENGE OF THE TITANS -- MB-57683292B1A8662B - Taken by Emperor_EL. 7 entrants total.
LUCIUS -- MB-984FF7C1AA74581F - Taken by Necromanti. 2 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-0C6E85B21BBAFE89 - Taken by Zhao_Yun. 2 entrants total.
LEGEND OF DUNGEON -- MB-91339A5DF2FC7807 - Taken by Undead Bokun. 3 entrants total.
Hitman Absolution -- MB-D8A23E1AE67C9274 - Taken by Kiru. 9 entrants total.
Etherlords I and II -- MB-CDDD47B62F437764 - Taken by itschris. 5 entrants total.
//N.P.P.D. RUSH//- THE MILK OF ULTRAVIOLET -- MB-9B405263F1B0FC03 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-B753297DF5FB7960 - Taken by Axass. 3 entrants total.
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-849C85D374680385 - Taken by Ruruja. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for REVENGE OF THE TITANS was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Etherlords I and II was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406370013z1.png

Damn it, I want to play Betrayer but my parents are crashing here (since my house is closer to the airport they just came from than theirs is) and that game is too sound driven for mute gaming. These are real problems in life.

As am I, and I'm very satisfied that I'm no longer 20. Being old and wise is so much better than fumbling your way through life and desperately needing to fuck anything that moves.

Headphones, son

Wok

Reposting once in the last hour of the raffle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Project Temporality -- MB-AD52127C9D802A84 - Taken by More_Badass. 3 entrants total.
Legends of Persia -- MB-540786EDB54A9BAE
Freaking Meatbags (Early Access) -- MB-3DA7D7A10871F144 - Taken by Toma. 2 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-86C9AAF86D92B0AE - Taken by PandaPedinte. 2 entrants total.
Ethan Meteor Hunter -- MB-F78861B0358BB92A - Taken by Kanhir. 1 entrants total.
Finding Teddy -- MB-36BF38E415946DCC - Taken by Lomax
Kill The Bad Guy -- MB-08341F09FC1C7C13 - Taken by Wok. 5 entrants total.
t1406368933z1.png

- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Anachronox -- MB-7F71C168A0ACA67E - Taken by TheMadMan007
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin -- MB-C65E18FD433B726A - Taken by Regginator
Daikatana -- MB-948B20B1AE731CC2 - Taken by ViviOggi. 1 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-985A6618A9273B50 - Taken by SamVimes. 2 entrants total.
Battlestations Midway -- MB-054FEB7C009D93D5 - Taken by Catshade
Mini Ninjas -- MB-7DAD3202AFCF40DD - Taken by Gianni Merryman
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-7C7EA8C55315FD92
t1406369473z1.png

Deus Ex The Fall -- MB-D4B0467C15B61988 - Taken by Vuze. 5 entrants total.
Hitman Absolution -- MB-3A24E26D3C4ADBB0 - Taken by Strazyplus. 11 entrants total.
Hitman Codename 47 -- MB-E59AAF72ED502C15 - Taken by rhophiehalul78. 1 entrants total.
Deus Ex Invisible War -- MB-8750E8CC2FEB37DB - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 4 entrants total.
t1406370553z1.png

As Stump said about a couple days ago. It doesn't matter what you choose to giveaway. Don't feel that your gift is less than anyone else. Because somewhere out there, there is someone who will love that game. So we shouldn't exclude someone because they want to buy a bunch of bundles to qualify for Megagivers.

I learned from that, it was a good lesson. So if you want to do it. You should :) I want everyone to enter!

Well, here we go. Something a bit different. :lol

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Blue Ninja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Zeno Clash II -- MB-45153BAD29C9D741 - Taken by doctorcdcs. 1 entrants total.
Hard Reset: Extended Edition -- MB-41512FCD5D67C171 - Taken by iosefe. 2 entrants total.
The First Templar -- MB-823E2C9B48347626
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-BCF047AC5DE2E957 - Taken by Alduin. 1 entrants total.
Inquisitor: Deluxe Edition -- MB-74E1AD9194469EA2 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-45FF48465BA12AE3

t1406377453z1.png

hitoshi

If anybody has a Deux Ex 1 GOTY edition and willing to trade, I'd really appreciate it :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Deus Ex: The Fall -- MB-412BED90C044C599 - Taken by kami_sama

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So has Valve ever released the exact number of games it takes to trigger the Activation ban?
I've ran into it twice today. On the other hand, I have come to the conclusion that I need to keep track of my bundles more closely. I already own many indie games that I have on my Steam wishlist.

Valve still hasn't said anything official yet.

According to Jase, Arthea tested the activation limit and it ended up being 20 activations.

. . . . . . .

image.php

Enco

Are there any good steam backgrounds that have a nice blur?

99% of backgrounds look like shit. They're really ugly or way too distracting.

AHA-Lambda

Humble spares going from last page:

Anachronox -- MB-8C39628D86FF5D1F - Taken by kevin1025
Hitman 2 -- MB-9F8B442C86F3F654 - Taken by Speevy
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-DB151346FF4F981E - Taken by GrinningColossus
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-CFEA33C1BC27F481 - Taken by Ben652
Thief Gold -- MB-C9A9762B4A886A9F

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Valve still hasn't said anything official yet.

According to Jase, Arthea tested the activation limit and it ended up being 20 activations.

Ah, good to know. 20 sounds about right. I thought it was around 15 though.

Are you saying the daily bed -> desk chair routine isn't enough?

Nope, you need a crossfit regimen.

Do not attempt anything related to crossfit 'exercises' unless you want to permanently injure yourself.

Divius

Since everyone and their mother seems to be giving away the humblehundle, I jumped on PunishedSnake's Thief Gold giveaway. Thanks! I've never played a Thief game before.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What activation ban?

There's a hard limit of 20 key activations -- successful or otherwise -- per 30 minutes. If you hit the limit, you're preventing from activating keys for half an hour, and if you hit the limit again within half an hour of the cooldown being lifted you're then prevented from activating stuff for a full hour.

Javier23

Banned
I havent play Cat Lady yet but from the video I saw on Steam, it did look like an amazing game. its creepy, crazy and a whole lot of trippy. lol Though the name of the game make me lol'ed every single time.
It's also the bleakest and most depressing thing I've seen ever since BBC's Threads. If you decide to play it plan ahead to binge-watch all Disney or Pixar movies right afterwards, or something. Aside from that it is an amazing little indie game. I think mostly everyone who plays it does it not expecting much and ends up rather surprised.

Also, if you enjoy it like, a lot, you might want to try Downfall, the dev's previous adventure. It is not as good, or so I thought, but it shares most of the themes and motifs, as well as some of the characters.

Well, I guess now is a good time to get rid of those keys I've had lying around for ages. (shameless megagiver hunting)
Also, happy birthday Shadownet!

Rules for this Giveaway:

FLY'N -- MB-DBA29505A706276B - Taken by Aitor
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Bundle #2 (Desura) #2 -- MB-B69399DE1B4F194E - Taken by ketditch
//N.P.P.D. RUSH// The milk of Ultraviolet -- MB-11D89B327BF60E35
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-5BB7D090F5AC6A23 - Taken by Demon Lizardman
Hotline Miami -- MB-F057D307C22743BC - Taken by user237
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Bundle #2 (Desura) -- MB-2FFA629655C70375 - Taken by Twin Tails
Offspring Fling -- MB-EA9731364E8202FE - Taken by lukiluk
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle (Desura) -- MB-E068AA9D5740F635 - Taken by Mikurden
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Desura) -- MB-8782A7C91C8BFE37 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-565E30D47FA6B617
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-004F786E7F5EBD74
Lume -- MB-52EE4AC578161F17 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Cave Story Plus -- MB-BB3E7DF2C172871C - Taken by creamsugar
ARMA Cold War Assault -- MB-FCDD93E3091CC180
Tobe's Vertical Adventure -- MB-808456FE9AFFC7B0
Dungeonland -- MB-2F48C227BDDC6B99
Journey of A Roach -- MB-F7F87F889CEE76BB - Taken by grindamasta
Cortex Command -- MB-ABD2CCD13AD13F07 - Taken by freshVeggie
Intrusion 2 -- MB-68C82BFD0884BA01 - Taken by deadflower81
ulgzbKC.png
Humble Bundle #3 (Desura) -- MB-551246FADEF69C79 - Taken by ketditch
Dear Esther -- MB-41B59202F73A1358 - Taken by City 17
EDGE -- MB-1E9FCA366C08273C - Taken by danhese007
Sentinel -- MB-AD83D5BB7C157C6E - Taken by Abomination
English Country Tea -- MB-27DBE9325B93D3E3

Yrael

WELP.

(I am Crazy Cat Lady.)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yrael, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

The Cat Lady #5 -- MB-8F0D4CFBEDE5F484 - Taken by Manik
The Cat Lady #4 -- MB-7FDAFB5CDADB600A - Taken by Cyberquake
The Cat Lady #3 -- MB-645DE4B659D237D3 - Taken by DarkMehm
The Cat Lady #2 -- MB-FD333E18DC6F9EBD - Taken by Saty
The Cat Lady #1 -- MB-C1867F1143DDCF6A - Taken by WinterDemons

Enco

Any of the Skullgirls backgrounds are nice and minimalish.
Thanks.

Just checked them out but they seem to suffer from another issue I have. They look to dull. Someone pushed the opacity down with a black background.

I thought the background me and nbnt are sporting right now is pretty nice. Its a Transistor one.
They looks pretty cool. Slightly too much black though :p

I'm really picky with designs. Buying anything is a damn chore because I need it to look good and I always expect certain things.

The good thing is most stuff I own looks good but searching can be frustrating. It's not to show off but personally I can't handle bad design.

Shadownet

Banned
It's also the bleakest and most depressing thing I've seen ever since BBC's Threads. If you decide to play it plan ahead to binge-watch all Disney or Pixar movies right afterwards, or something. Aside from that it is an amazing little indie game. I think mostly everyone who plays it does it not expecting much and ends up rather surprised.

Also, if you enjoy it like, a lot, you might want to try Downfall, the dev's previous adventure. It is not as good, or so I thought, but it shares most of the themes and motifs, as well as some of the characters.

Thankfully I have a lot of Disney/Pixar films :p and yeah Downfall was another I look at before. I quite enjoy a good mystery game, with some serious dialogue. Cat Lady sounds like it could be it.

@Dunder ^_^ thanks bro! Reminds me that if I ever play you in SpeedRunners, that I'm only playing for fun and that beating you is a pipe dream. Lol

Happy Birthday Shadownet! Can't gift you anything right now though. :(

You don't have to, I did the gifting for both of us. Just enter my giveaway and I'll be happy. :) and thank you!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh sweet ArchAge will be on steam, wasnt expecting that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom