• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Humble Squenix bundle with all 3 tiers

ModBot said:
Instructions for AHA-Lambda:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AHA-Lambda, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-BB19A9385DF9E978 - Taken by redlacs
Hitman: Absolution -- MB-6107C1BCA668CFAC - Taken by Volimar
Anachronox -- MB-EBE7207615FBC372 - Taken by WisK
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-FA2725FC18BDB4E9 - Taken by ev0
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-3191D080E941B897 - Taken by Ruruja
Daikatana -- MB-B666F1EFF4C839FF - Taken by spinalscratch
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut -- MB-8EF74CEB303B1DCA - Taken by bloke
Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days -- MB-E88234EA6481EEA3 - Taken by bobnowhere
Deus Ex: Invisible War -- MB-6265AD6DF2FBB546 - Taken by anastef
Thief Gold -- MB-CF0316547726037C - Taken by UncleO
Battlestations: Midway -- MB-041DF921C0514977 - Taken by nightstorm
Deus Ex: The Fall -- MB-E78231572B958B45 - Taken by MTE
Mini Ninjas -- MB-05E0B162B71142D1 - Taken by adriano999
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-98E9C7464F2F1002 - Taken by Benedict
Just Cause 2 -- MB-F955DBC614F6D44C - Taken by tioslash
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-F8D270D17DBC950A - Taken by dinopoke

God, so many old men and women in this thread. We should raffles diapers away.

A couple boxes of huggies goes a long way. At her current rate my daughter goes through a box a fortnight (that's actually pretty decent considering some children go through 15-20 nappies a day @ 90~ nappies a box)

Lain

Have there been impressions posted for Vertical Drop Heroes HD? I tried searching the thread but haven't found anything.

@Dunder ^_^ thanks bro! Reminds me that if I ever play you in SpeedRunners, that I'm only playing for fun and that beating you is a pipe dream. Lol

My races are never just for fun, it's a fight for life or death! :)
Hope we get the chance to play some later today, I'd like to help with your sweat and blood giveaway.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've always been of the 'why waste money on a mouse' persuasion, but after playing a few hours on my friend's pc I realized it was time to get a decent one. I bought a Logitech G400 and ugh... should've bought a real mouse way sooner. Just for comfort alone it's a big difference.

MayMay

Banned
Since today is my birthday, I thought I would give a little token of appreciation to you guys. Thank you for making my time at SteamGAF a wonderful experience. There have been tough times but there were even more wonderful moments. You guys are an awesome group of people, don't ever change.

Here is a little fun for everyone :) Good luck to everyone!
(A special thanks to a handful of people who helped made this happened. You know who you are! thank you so much guys, from the bottom of my heart!)

Whoa, damn. That is one hell of a great giveaway! Happy Birthday :D

Ryne

Amazing giveaway and happy birthday Shadownet! I don't qualify, however I hope the winners enjoy.

Here's a giveaway of a game I'm really anticipating as an RPG fan - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Since the game comes out in a couple of days, I have included a link to my steam profile. If you win, send me a message there and I'll PM you in Gaf the gift link

Also included is a copy of OlliOlli since I had the coupon but no interest in playing the game, so I'd rather buy the game and give it away.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

OlliOlli -- MB-9AE8E3EB412372E2 - Taken by Nabs. 34 entrants total.

t1406378898z1.png
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-308B23F8084426B6 - Taken by oupi. 111 entrants total.

t1406454613z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
I'm 25... but lol people think I'm 30+ sigh.

I saw your picture man! You look great! I'm not sure what you're talking about.

My races are never just for fun, it's a fight for life or death! :)
Hope we get the chance to play some later today, I'd like to help with your sweat and blood giveaway.

Lol the day I beat you and win a game will be something. You were just teasing everyone, heck I think only Corrosive got anywhere close to beating you. And that was when you were messing around.

I think everyone got a game they're great at, I think you got yours! Haha

Chariot

Dr Dogg

Oh, of course, who doesn't love Derrick's snark? :)

He may have trotted the negative line a little too much that his presence could turn a thread but I like Derrick. Plus he could see beyond all the jank and appreciate the craft of mechanics and writing in Obsidian's games so he eternally a-ok in my book.

Wait, he's not saying anything positive about the game is he?

Hahaha what do you think?

I've always been of the 'why waste money on a mouse' persuasion, but after playing a few hours on my friend's pc I realized it was time to get a decent one. I bought a Logitech G400 and ugh... should've bought a real mouse way sooner. Just for comfort alone it's a big difference.

Well you made a good choice as a G400 is essentially the successor to the legendary MX518 which people still swear by. I went through 3 and still have a half working one just because they track so well on just about any surface. Still not an Intelimouse but worthy of all the praise they get and a G400 is a worthy successor (that doesn't look a gaudy kids toy).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the most expensive tier of ArchAge already 5th top seller, us MMO players dont fuck around when it comes to wasting spending money :p

I still stand by my position that Derrick wasn't the problem, it was everyone shitting up the thread around him just because he was there (or even when he wasn't there).

Shadownet

Banned
What is steamgafs opinion on Gods will be watching ?

Most of us think its a disappointing game, some think we're being too harsh on it.

I haven't play much so I can't give you an opinion except that I'm still stuck on mission 1 after 1 hour.. :/ so either I'm bad at this or this game has some bad designs.

---
I still stand by my position that Derrick wasn't the problem, it was everyone shitting up the thread around him just because he was there (or even when he wasn't there).

Derrick? I keep hearing him being mentioned. Did I miss something, who is he? I think I missed it.

Pm me if you don't wanna post in public.

neoemonk

I dinged 30 three weeks ago, and suddenly I've been rocking back pain, twice as damaging hangovers, going to sleep early and wake up even earlier, so yea^2. :'(

I'm 36. I wish someone would have warned me about the extra bad hangovers thing. Multi-day hangovers are real and as horrible as they sound.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

bloke

Happy Birthday Shadownet, guess you're culprit behind this giant avalanche of giveaways in here.

...and thanks AHA-Lambda for DX:HR.

Javier23

Banned
Most of us think its a disappointing game, some think we're being too harsh on it.

I haven't play much so I can't give you an opinion except that I'm still stuck on mission 1 after 1 hour.. :/ so either I'm bad at this or this game has some bad designs.
Someone here said that the devs seem not to get the difference between a high difficulty and plain bad design. It actually is one of the things I find more grating in gaming, ever since the days of unfair deaths and dead-ends in Sierra games, so I don't plan to play it unless they fix it somehow.

EDIT: Also, happy birthday ;)

ev0

Some leftovers
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ev0, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

GTR Evolution -- MB-8A1DE3F9A7E55AF8 - Taken by Asharakk

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Desura) -- MB-8B805E516205F1D4 - Taken by BurnMuhBread

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #3 (Desura) -- MB-FF08651E7C9EAC38 - Taken by SSPssp

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
some user needed anachronox yesterday, does anyone remember who it was or if he got sorted?

Shadownet

Banned
Someone here said that the devs seem not to get the difference between a high difficulty and plain bad design. It actually is one of the things I find more grating in gaming, ever since the days of unfair deaths and dead-ends in Sierra games, so I don't plan to play it unless they fix it somehow.

EDIT: Also, happy birthday ;)

Yeah I read most of the GAF impressions on the game. Consider me severely disappointed as well. The game truly relied more on luck than anything else.

I turned the difficulty down to easy but still cannot get pass the hostage situation. The sad thing is that Halfway came out on the same day and it got a patch already, yet nothing on GWBW yet.

Thank you :D

Lain

He may have trotted the negative line a little too much that his presence could turn a thread but I like Derrick. Plus he could see beyond all the jank and appreciate the craft of mechanics and writing in Obsidian's games so he eternally a-ok in my book.

I didn't like Derrick myself because of his posting style more than his negativity, but his contribution is missed.

Both of them happened, and the latter happens because his track record of doing the former.

Take Bioshock Infinite's OT for example, he was shitting up the thread since page 1, in the end he was given a time-out.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Man, 16 years old... I sometimes wish verified age could be displayed on people's profiles. Could be useful before engaging in discourse about some topics :p

Yes, I'm 34, old and bitter and agecist

Rhaknar

Man, 16 years old... I sometimes wish verified age could be displayed on people's profiles. Could be useful before engaging in discourse about some topics :p

isnt most of steamgaf 16 these days anyway? sure feels like it, its like a stepped into facebook lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom