• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
If someone could quietly PM me about what happened with Derrick I would appreciate it. It seems like I wasn't there.

It doesn't hurt go learn a bit about GAF before I joined.

Thorgal

Most of us think its a disappointing game, some think we're being too harsh on it.

I haven't play much so I can't give you an opinion except that I'm still stuck on mission 1 after 1 hour.. :/ so either I'm bad at this or this game has some bad designs.

---

Derrick? I keep hearing him being mentioned. Did I miss something, who is he? I think I missed it.

Pm me if you don't wanna post in public.

Thanks ! will wait til a sale then .

Also why i didn't know the guy for long Derrick was a guy who was a regular on Steam gaf who was very critical of mostly all games .
Nothing was above criticism for him . sometimes overly so

This on many occasions lead to arguing with other posters in other threads causing the thread to derail.

I don't remember for exactly what he was banned though except that it was by EMceegramr . ( His first ban as a new mod i recall)

Dr Dogg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The question is: why are all your facebook pals 16? :p

I dont use facebook. I have a barebones accoutn with no posts for the sole purpose of free shit (before detective gafs does YES YOU DO USE FACEBOOK)

Social media in general is a disgrace and surely one of the things that will lead to the apocalypse

isnt most of steamgaf 16 these days anyway? sure feels like it, its like a stepped into facebook lately

I stop being a "teen" this year. :p

Spare.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Thunder Wolves -- MB-C081BFF8275A7D4E - Taken by Seagoon

_hekk05

Banned
I dont use facebook. I have a barebones accoutn with no posts for the sole purpose of free shit (before detective gafs does YES YOU DO USE FACEBOOK)

Social media in general is a disgrace and surely one of the things that will lead to the apocalypse

I'm with rhaknar. My facebook account is literally a free shit account.

Steam key giveaways, beta key signups etc. And a genuine limited edition Internet Explorer-tan shirt

Yrael

There's a lot about Facebook I utterly despise, but I still use it simply because it's the best way to keep in contact with many people I know, since they're all on there.

I can't remember where I originally saw this reported but it's done the rounds of the enthusiast media human centipede that is a bit of a mess. Hahaha good job the SDB folks are trying to clear things up. Bet they wish they used ads now :p

This is the first time I hear about it. Surely, GAF would have picked it up.

Anyway, I still don't really care if it comes to Steam or not :p

sprinkles

Cleaning up some leftovers, the winner of System Shock 2 better play the best game ever made!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (sprinkles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Wizardry 8 -- MB-8548767F32E360F7 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 1 entrants total.
Universe Sandbox -- MB-4CCF26AEFC968612 - Taken by $h@d0w. 1 entrants total.
Sang-Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-CD3827E9A4C0458E
System Shock 2 -- MB-130FF9DF5087B2E0 - Taken by Fuzzification. 3 entrants total.
Cubetractor -- MB-ADA89E6FA3417101 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-B0DE545DB0C0AE6C

t1406370793z1.png

Thank you for telling me. Sounds like a dark time for SteamGAF back then.

Nah, wouldn't call it dark times. He wasn't really active in here and even if he posted an opinion there were reasonable discussions or people didn't pick it up. It was the other threads that were problematic.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The release date was the big red flag. Dates aren't mentioned on SteamDB unless the data is pulled from the store page, and if Destiny had a store page it would have appeared in the history log.

I've played the first chapter of Jade Empire, but I find it...well, hard.
Maybe because my pad doesn't work so I can't evade attacks, but even on easy I must do some fights two times.
There's an option somewhere to change dodging to guard+stick direction. I dunno why they made it a double-tap, it was B+Move on the Xbox and it worked great.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of diablogod, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (diablogod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hydrophobia: Prophecy -- MB-C41ACEF89EC802EA - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded -- MB-8CD09F18B210217E - Taken by freshVeggie. 3 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-5383988D70348600 - Taken by ExitPlanetDust. 3 entrants total.
Reversion - The Meeting -- MB-4FC36E54465DDF11 - Taken by Dambrosi. 3 entrants total.
Velvet Assassin -- MB-2B68C7216B77F200 - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
Gravi -- MB-2E31F526728DA726 - Taken by XDDX. 5 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-3803403F3D8B8DAF - Taken by Hugstable. 4 entrants total.
Reversion - The Meeting #2 -- MB-E301905A1954A2A5 - Taken by factorone. 5 entrants total.
Ghostship Aftermath -- MB-7DB2668EB05094EA - Taken by $h@d0w. 1 entrants total.
Millennium 2: Take Me Higher -- MB-93D609A3849F360E - Taken by Ruruja. 4 entrants total.
Inversion NA Region Locked -- MB-C4756AD08B7CE666 - Taken by maneil99. 1 entrants total.
Satazius -- MB-0C11D1947CA07796 - Taken by Teppic. 2 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-D05FE550984CD3A1 - Taken by electroflame. 7 entrants total.
Diehard Dungeon -- MB-267C8220BA70C566 - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
Aztaka -- MB-34422F900B90BE8E - Taken by weemadarthur. 2 entrants total.
Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-790E12B2E0104646 - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.
Woodle Tree -- MB-457C91D531E69334 - Taken by Pop. 4 entrants total.
Huntsman: The Orphange - Halloween Edition -- MB-3087E283025D91BF - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.

t1406373733z1.png

neoemonk

The release date was the big red flag. Dates aren't mentioned on SteamDB unless the data is pulled from the store page, and if Destiny had a store page it would have appeared in the history log.

Some day I hope I'm as good at something as you are at Steam.

wilflare

3 keys left unclaimed

ModBot said:
Instructions for wilflare:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wilflare, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-8461480C4699C6B0 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 2 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-0C6E85B21BBAFE89 - Taken by Zhao_Yun. 2 entrants total.
//N.P.P.D. RUSH//- THE MILK OF ULTRAVIOLET -- MB-9B405263F1B0FC03 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Etherlords I and II was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1406370013z1.png

I still believe that Destiny PC would get announced after the console releases, the only reason devs won't put a MMO shooter on PC is money hat IMO, announcing this early would hurt the customers' incentive to pick up consoles.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some day I hope I'm as good at something as you are at Steam.

Haha, nice to know I've inspired somebody. ;)

I still believe that Destiny PC would get announced after the console releases, the only reason devs won't put a MMO shooter on PC is money hat IMO, announcing this early would hurt the customers' incentive to pick up consoles.

Yeah, I'm expecting an announcement if not a release within a year of the console versions.

Yrael

No worries, hope you enjoy it! :)

There's still one more Cat Lady key left:

The Cat Lady #4 -- MB-7FDAFB5CDADB600A - Taken by Cyberquake

...I...think I'm going to hold off on the bundle purchases now for a while. I've now got more random copies of Shuggy, inMomentum, etc than I know what to do with. xD

Tizoc

Trails give away? Entered, thanks mang, but to be on the safe side
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory -- MB-4E0A1AD8C02CB5CA - Taken by JakeD
Montas -- MB-9FF1F62E2B206906 - Taken by Abomination
Growing Pains -- MB-77498C8B6F1E4F02 - Taken by sheaaaa
Rush for glory -- MB-74850CE3C1AB8172
Vector -- MB-C3CEBA85222924C6 - Taken by Sendou

Lain

I had missed the free Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on Origin by redeeming the I-LOVE-THE-SIMS (only noticed because I was looking on isthereanydeals for the gamefly coupon for Vertical Drop Heroes HD, which didn't even work!). Not sure if I'll ever play it but a free game is a free game.

maneil99

If someone could quietly PM me about what happened with Derrick I would appreciate it. It seems like I wasn't there.

It doesn't hurt go learn a bit about GAF before I joined.

No need for a PM, he was a grumpy guy that hated AAA games and Indie games, he literally hated almost every game, he eventually got perma banned because he hated so many games A game was either AAA garbage or Indie shit

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Small reminder: There's still a Divinity: Original Sin raffle going on. Just one hour left!

Talking about OS, just defeated the boss
in the Faery Realm. The Ice King. Damn, that was one though fight. Pretty great.
Act Two feels suprisingly puzzley.

Ban Puncher

Building this new PC for a family member sucks.

Installing Windows and drivers onto this PC sucks.

I'd rather play Sakura Spirit. Which sucks.

My feet hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom