• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
No need for a PM, he was a grumpy guy that hated AAA games and Indie games, he literally hated almost every game, he eventually got perma banned because he hated so many games A game was either AAA garbage or Indie shit

Outside of his weird distaste for all indies, I agreed with many of his criticisms of certain games. The problem most people had with him was that he was incredibly blunt with his opinions. Other members got riled up because he would unabashedly point out the failings of the game that they liked. I found it quite refreshing actually.

Wok

No need for a PM, he was a grumpy guy that hated AAA games and Indie games, he literally hated almost every game, he eventually got perma banned because he hated so many games A game was either AAA garbage or Indie shit

He did not hate games, he hated games with bad gameplay and bad design. He still does hate games hiding bad gameplay with great graphics. This sums it up.

T5sEzUW.jpg

they are gone and ever to be seen again, You should of used Modbot

Just head there.
I gave a chance to givers who pay it forward. Now, I have used less strict rules.

Edit: I have cross-posted the giveaway here and there:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122736007&postcount=449
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122736817&postcount=9022

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I didn't know destroying elemental statues helps the fight, but I forced through it anyway.
Wait...what?!
I didn't know that either. I just kept switching tactics and used my mages almost exclusively for a whole lot of healing spells.

Ban Puncher

Too bad, now you'll become their default tech support person.

It's why I tell everyone to buy iMacs so when they ask me some tech questions I laugh and say "I don't know shit about Apple!". Then do a 360 and moonwalk away.

This is a rare case of someone actually needing a gaming PC. Steam Summer Sale claimed another victim.

Strazyplus

Boo... I'll keep that in mind for next time. Thanks.

After making my post I was able to take one so out of my surprise that I beat on-site and off-site lurkers didn't get it before me.

tumblr_ls72l5yoJb1qjbeju.gif

I will be playing these since people seem to have so much love for the game...

I am even playing thief Gold right now.

Mokoi

Banned
Viscera Cleanup Detail Early Access

Just some early impressions, but this is a really fun game if you like to clean shit up.

Have you ever played a game where there are many objects you are able to pick up, yet they serve no purpose. Well this game actually gives those objects a purpose, and the goal is to clean that shit up. The entire point of the game is to clean up bloody messes using your trusty mop and hands. At first I figured this would be quite the easy task; however, it can take a lot of time to clean everything up based on how ocd you can be. There are no clear instructions on how to clean shit up, and you learn by simply playing for a while. There are huge incinerators placed around the map where you can throw the body parts into, and Splosh-O-matics which dispenses buckets of water.

14561463657_e5b6f1d72f_b.jpg

Inccinerator & Splosh-O-Matic

Thankfully the devs didn't limit how much buckets of water you can get out of the Splosh machine because you are constantly going to need to refill up on them. Like real life you can't just keep using the same bucket of water to clean beacuse after a while the water is just to become filthy. I had about 20 buckets placed in a corner at one time in order to just clean one small area. If you don't remember to dip your mop in water it will only lead to more blood/goo being spread about the place. Another little neat thing in the game is that you also leave behind bloody footprints each time you step into a blood pile. The jump feature is actually useful for avoiding those blood stains, so you don't end up tracking those footprints about the place. It definitely is quite the task to clean everything up in a room, but it is a clean up simulator after all.

The biggest gripe I have about the game so far is that the ragdoll physcis could certainly be a lot better. Also being able to throw the body parts would help instead of having to get as close as possible to the incinerators just to dump a arm in them. There is certainly more to do within this game which I've still got to find out for myself. I certainly recommend this game to those who like to clean shit up.

+ you get to clean shit up
+ Takes a lot of time to clean (plus for me although may be a minus for others)
+ great atmosphere

- physics could be better
- no in-game music (what janitor doesn't listen to music!)

---
Thanks Rhaknar.
Also happy bday Shadownet.

Lain

I bought Vertical Drop Heroes HD from Gamefly PC for 3.10€ +/- like 20 minutes ago, and now isthereanydeals shows it for 1.95€ from gamesrocket. I guess it's a pretty good deal for a just released game.

Wow, interesting selection of games that were entered. I'll post this again in the morning then if still not taken should i nuke and redo the giveaway but with no rules? I'm not sure why a bunch of these are not taken.

ModBot said:
The good games should work, that is to say Inquisitor, Tropico and Zeno Clash 2:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe sandbox -- MB-DF6015FFD7989D15 - Taken by Javier23. 1 entrants total.
The first templar -- MB-C47968C5AE249238 - Taken by didamangi. 3 entrants total.
Gotham city imposters professional kit -- MB-F5509D4CC0702890
Batman Arkham city -- MB-ADBD16B1190462F1 - Taken by tylerf
Thief gold -- MB-025750B36C30268C
Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-BF2BA4434BDE04B7 - Taken by Leg-End
Super meatboy, Lone survivor & braid -- MB-DE8295B1728FF622 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Humble introversion bundle (desura) -- MB-07672CBC41514FB9 - Taken by still
Lord of the rings: War in the North -- MB-E1F8AEF90D49FDB6 - Taken by Melhisedek. 1 entrants total.
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-AF1F2257C1648E54 - Taken by cardinalmind. 2 entrants total.
Inquisitor deluxe edition -- MB-C815E8D244DF33BF - Taken by yuraya. 2 entrants total.
Guardians of Middleearth -- MB-A91F03442590D943 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Hard reset extended edition -- MB-2DEBD432E1DB6C3F - Taken by Altazor. 2 entrants total.
Zeno clash 2 -- MB-65E5EA7780DA6132 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-C7557173FF2B1FA5 - Taken by shykyoichi. 1 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red alert 3 uprising -- MB-1F7E8B2B677FB582
The lord of the rings online steely dawn starter pack -- MB-AF079002E64FA1D8
ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmore (desura) -- MB-B2132B9730BA5DE5 - Taken by Pudge. 1 entrants total.
Combat wings: battle of britain -- MB-3415A269B85C2E4B
Batman oranges DLC from humble bundle -- MB-B517B7C7DC35080F - Taken by cyrok. 2 entrants total.

I am suspicious of the below keys but they should hopefully work.
10 Classic SEGA Genesis Games, Medieval II: Total War, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Binary Domain, Renegade Ops -- MB-FB4C5F3438EAC14F - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-5CD8C8195E169934 - Taken by Elija2. 2 entrants total.
Alpha protocol, company of heroes, rome total war, hell yeah -- MB-74B6420D58F7E855 - Taken by fspm
t1406371158z1.png

It's why I tell everyone to buy iMacs so when they ask me some tech questions I laugh and say "I don't know shit about Apple!". Then do a 360 and moonwalk away.

This is a rare case of someone actually needing a gaming PC. Steam Summer Sale claimed another victim.
Now you are just nailing the coffin in.

Lego Marvel finished, that was a good game, but that shameless
Guardians of the Galaxy and Black Panther
advertising at the credits.... Disney...

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Lego Marvel finished, that was a good game, but that shameless
Guardians of the Galaxy and Black Panther
advertising at the ending....

That game kept on crashing for me, but it might have been a driver issue.

_______

It might be shameless, but last time everyone checked Marvel constantly generates profitable IPs, more so that its competition.

Eanan

Might as well get over that limit since im so close, while also clearing out some of my unused key backlog.

Dat giveaway though... Tomb Raider 2... oh man

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Eanan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-A18091F5189DAA6D
Gun Monkeys -- MB-549D2603D1C4729D
Bioshock #2 -- MB-479941D387869810
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-66FB59D93FC548A8
Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-FC978F0330C5C50C - Taken by The Cowboy. 1 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-1F8462F54D95D229
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-3FC569C15DFDBA45 - Taken by kennah
Bioshock -- MB-0706D464BDEA072E - Taken by ivanmark
The Darkness 2 -- MB-A6CE6BF7603828CD
Total War: Rome II - Nomadic Tribes Culture Pack -- MB-904C17DA2B759967
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-E7B296A9CB69985B - Taken by ReduxMachine. 1 entrants total.
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-F7403E8DC5F701D2 - Taken by Porcupine. 2 entrants total.
Mafia 2 -- MB-D314D31027BD8064 - Taken by Javier23. 2 entrants total.

t1406375653z1.png

NOTE: Bioshock #2 above there is a second copy of the first game, not the sequel. Modbot did that itself im guessing.

That game kept on crashing for me, but it might have been a driver issue.

_______

It might be shameless, but last time everyone checked Marvel constantly generates profitable IPs, more so that its competition.

The game enjoys crashing for me on my PS3, I've only gotten through 1 mission without it doing this and making it unplayble..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
NOTE: Bioshock #2 above there is a second copy of the first game, not the sequel. Modbot did that itself im guessing.

Yeah, if there is more than one copy of a particular game in a giveaway, the second copy and onwards will be numbered.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ryne, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

OlliOlli -- MB-9AE8E3EB412372E2 - Taken by Nabs. 34 entrants total.

t1406378898z1.png

diablogod

Added restrictive rules to last one.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (diablogod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hydrophobia: Prophecy -- MB-C41ACEF89EC802EA - Taken by dave is ok. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded -- MB-8CD09F18B210217E - Taken by freshVeggie. 3 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-5383988D70348600 - Taken by ExitPlanetDust. 3 entrants total.
Reversion - The Meeting -- MB-4FC36E54465DDF11 - Taken by Dambrosi. 3 entrants total.
Gravi -- MB-2E31F526728DA726 - Taken by XDDX. 5 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-3803403F3D8B8DAF - Taken by Hugstable. 4 entrants total.
Reversion - The Meeting #2 -- MB-E301905A1954A2A5 - Taken by factorone. 5 entrants total.
Satazius -- MB-0C11D1947CA07796 - Taken by Teppic. 2 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-D05FE550984CD3A1 - Taken by electroflame. 7 entrants total.
Diehard Dungeon -- MB-267C8220BA70C566 - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
Aztaka -- MB-34422F900B90BE8E - Taken by weemadarthur. 2 entrants total.
Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-790E12B2E0104646 - Taken by Diedac
Woodle Tree -- MB-457C91D531E69334 - Taken by Pop. 4 entrants total.
Huntsman: The Orphange - Halloween Edition -- MB-3087E283025D91BF - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.

t1406376493z1.png

Toki767

Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-60DA571776479BE3 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito. 42 entrants total.

I'm sure Gravelord_Nito is going to wake up happy upon seeing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom