• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tellaerin

As a guy who never enjoyed any racing game outside of Mario Kart. any recommendation for racing games? I was looking at the Dirt series.

I'm really looking forward to the Crew though since its incorporating some teamwork dynamic and open world maps. Thats what I like.

It really depends on whether you're partial to more arcade-y or sim-style racing.

I'm more of an arcade racer fan myself. If that's your cup of tea, Burnout Paradise is definitely worth checking out - an open world racing game with great (arcade-y) physics, a good variety of different race types, lots of unlockable vehicles, and a healthy dose of vehicular destruction.

Since you said you enjoyed Mariko Cart, you might also want to have a look at Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. It's far and away the best kart racing game available on PC. (It's also filled with fanservice that'll get you feeling all nostalgic if you're a Sega fan.)

Burnout Paradise is probably going to pop up any minute now, but personally I found it to be a complete and utter bore, at least in SP. I had quite a bit of fun with the 2012 reimagining of NFS: Most Wanted, though, although being an EA game it's not on Steam (...yet).

Guilty as charged, sir.

I wanted to enjoy NFS: Most Wanted a lot more than I did, but those ridiculous fiddly "Drive this car from point A to point B without getting a scratch on it" races irritated me to the point where I said "screw this" and uninstalled it. I'll probably go back to it eventually, but I think it would've been a much better game without those events. :p

Edit: My bad! Was thinking of NFS: Hot Pursuit. >_< Though if Most Wanted has those races, I can say with confidence that it would've annoyed me too. :p

Shadownet

Banned
I have a bunch of bundles that I have to giveaway that I forgot to include in the birthday giveaway. I was thinking about posting it separately. But I don't want to throttle someone who really want one of the games in my birthday giveaways. So I will save these bundles until tomorrow morning.

Parsnip

The thing about Playfire rewards is that they have been nerfing them a bunch during the beta, and while we don't know the reasons, it's pretty easy to jump to the conclusion that at least part of the reason is the cheaters. It kind of sort of doesn't matter how much any individual cheated, it's the association. As in, they'll always be part of the group who ruined the Playfire rewards for everyone else.

Obviously that doesn't justify harassment and personal attacks and the the likes, on-site or off-site. It's childish, come on now. No need to be a dick.

But being more specific, I don't really know Sub at all, but I won Shovel Knight from his giveaway, so that's cool.

dream

Oh please. I saw the posts. It was Freedom = $1.05 (the guy with the joker avatar for people who don't remember names) and it was a few posts. That same day, while you were feeling pissy about his posts, you took the time to shit on giveaways you deemed beneath your own with snide remarks, so don't pretend like you're some kind of angelic victim here. Maybe Freedom was being a dick, but so were you.

That's kind of how I feel about it. He's not exactly in a position to claim the moral high ground when it comes to people trying to game a system.

Burnout Paradise is probably going to pop up any minute now, but personally I found it to be a complete and utter bore, at least in SP. I had quite a bit of fun with the 2012 reimagining of NFS: Most Wanted, though, although being an EA game it's not on Steam (...yet).
I haven't played Most Wanted but I agree about Paradise.

Grief.exe

As a guy who never enjoyed any racing game outside of Mario Kart. any recommendation for racing games? I was looking at the Dirt series.

I'm really looking forward to the Crew though since its incorporating some teamwork dynamic and open world maps. Thats what I like.

If you enjoy Mario Kart, then check out Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed.

SteamGAF is constantly signing its praises.

Well, it's my most restrictive giveaway of the ones that I've done, and it's only a 3 hour raffle, so the odds should be better for those that qualify. =)

Oh dammit! i didnt read the rules section!

i apologize for entering ( was dumb of me not to read through the entire thing). =(

Anteater

I didn't mind Paradise. I loved the idea of go anywhere, drive around with your mates and then start races or challenges. Plus ISPs racing collectable heaven. Though I prefer Most Wanted because there's no nauseating DJ Atomika shitting things up. I mean every time you so much as clip another car he'd give you some snarky commentary, "Hey this is DJ Atomika over at Crash FM..." SHUT UPPPPPPP!!!

Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Take me home
Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Take me home

I agree with Jasec, but I would've given it more time if it wasn't for the long title screen loading everytime you launch a game and having to listen to that song over and over :(

pahamrick

I have a bunch of bundles that I have to giveaway that I forgot to include in the birthday giveaway. I was thinking about posting it separately. But I don't want to throttle someone who really want one of the games in my birthday giveaways. So I will save these bundles until tomorrow morning.

Isn't the throttle only 15 minutes for 1 win? Unless you're going to be throwing up 100+ keys with FFA, shouldn't be a problem.

If you enjoy Mario Kart, then check out Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed.

SteamGAF is constantly signing its praises.

I was surprised at how good Sonic ASRT was.

Also, congrats on winning Mordor!

Yrael and Teppic are genuinly nice fellows gaf.

Here are some webms and images from the Silent Hill campaign from yesterday. I think it captures the atmosphere very nicely. It also has custom sounds, survivor, infected, and weapon mods which add immensely to the illusion of playing in Silent Hill.
http://a.pomf.se/jegwdt.webm
http://a.pomf.se/renwwv.webm
http://a.pomf.se/fzadtl.webm
3sn8QWr.jpg
dbABVc4.jpg

SwcumSg.jpg
T0wpi2x.jpg

nHI3xtM.jpg
76MBVmY.jpg

WsSFvlG.jpg
cYubktn.png
Congrats brah. I woke up this morning to my mom having Vietnam flashbacks- when they dragged her first husband into the fields, tied him up, and executed him via impromptu firing squad.
This is horrible to hear. Wish traumatic memories could just be swiped away.
War is horrible.
leftovers
Deus Ex:The Fall -- MB-1AE082DC7456C3A0 - Taken by
Hitman Absolution -- MB-E398C37CEA763E78 - Taken by
These shouldn't be garbagedump. They may be not perfect but loads of people would enjoy them.

maneil99

If they end after your bigger giveaways then modbot won't throttle them I think?

dream

Take me home
Take me home

I agree with Jasec, but I would've given it more time if it wasn't for the long title screen loading everytime you launch a game and having to listen to that song over and over :(

Shit man, for people who grew up in the 80s, that's the selling point of the game.

AHA-Lambda

Another Divinity giveaway... Once more into the breach my friends!

You deserve it man. You are one of the nicest people in here and don't let anybody get you down. Unfortunately I couldn't so as I explained to a lot of members/friends who asked me on Steam I will be leaving this site for good as I can't deal with all the insults and personal attacks towards me anymore. I could ignore them at first, but when they became an everyday occurrence and even got off site I couldn't deal with them anymore. I put a lot of trust in this community and it bit me in the back :( I wanted to believe that I never wronged anyone from here. I didn't steal from you, I didn't insult you and the 1000$+ worth of games I've offered were just acts of generosity and I didn't want to show off. If the $5 that I stole from playfire makes me a thief, a criminal and an asshole then I don't know what to say...

As for the ones who are responsible for my departure. You should be proud, maybe give each other a pat in the back. At least you achieved something in your miserable lifes ;)

Farewell

Wow, that is incredibly disappointing and depressing to see, so sorry to hear this man. Christ, he was one of the most generous people here =/

Shadownet

Banned
Oh please. I saw the posts. It was Freedom = $1.05 (the guy with the joker avatar for people who don't remember names) and it was a few posts. That same day, while you were feeling pissy about his posts, you took the time to shit on giveaways you deemed beneath your own with snide remarks, so don't pretend like you're some kind of angelic victim here. Maybe Freedom was being a dick, but so were you.

Man... just stop. Sub Zero isn't the kind of guy to think that his giveaway are better than anyone. Beside you been publicly attacking people too. So you should not be talking.

Isn't the throttle only 15 minutes for 1 win? Unless you're going to be throwing up 100+ keys with FFA, shouldn't be a problem.

True. I guess I'll post them.
--------------------------------------

I might jump on that GameStop Sonic Sale. $5 is hard to beat. I hope its a Steam copy.

These shouldn't be garbagedump. They may be not perfect but loads of people would enjoy them.

Deus Ex: The Fall's Fall said:

I dunno about that, Veggie... I just don't know.

Plus this fellow's testimony while playing DE: The Fall

Want to know something amazing?

I started this and within 5 minutes (first warehouse area) I got stuck in the map. Something on the floor caught me and I was stuck to the spot, unable to move. I loaded up the save. Exact same spot. Loaded it up several times, just would not budge. I was stuck.

To compound matters, there's only one save slot.

To send matters to Hell straight up Satan's arse - you cannot start a new game.

In other words, getting stuck on the floor meant I had to delete the profile completely/uninstall. LOL! Now imagine if that had happened 2/3s of the way through.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

You can always join us in playing Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. , very much a kart game in the vein of Mario Kart, but many of us actually prefer it. It generally goes on sale often enough and a lot of SteamGAF plays it so you can often find someone to enjoy it with.

Burnout Paradise is one of my favourites , and something people here often give away as an Origin version that you could win. Open city racing game filled with a large variety of missions and types of races, even more online where you can work together with other players (still an active community or you can ask for someone to race with on GAF), and a wonderful place to just explore around the city and learn it. Some very nice visuals if you are the type of person who can find the view from a city as a beautiful thing.
Edit: I believe the key here will be how much you get out of learning and figuring out the city yourself, how much you enjoy just speeding around a city, how much you are dependent on giant barriers telling you to turn left or right, and how much you like smashing through billboards or finding hidden jumps as part of your fun.

If yo are the type of person who only wants to go around and track and doesn't want to have to wait a while as cars are unlocked, get one of the Need For Speed games instead.
Burnout Paradise is an open city, and as much of a sandbox as a car racing game can be, meaning a lot of the game is left up to you to enjoy and play with.

TrackMania Nations Forever , a free game in the franchise where you aren't racing against others in a track, but rather for time trials (alone or against ghosts). A lot of fun, simple controls to master (arrow keys mostly), and a huge community that is always playing online and sharing tracks.

Driver: San Francisco , the cars here are a bit heavier and try to act a bit more like how they would in real life, but still arcade enough that it's easy to get into and not a full fledge racing sim.
This is an open city racing game with a story mode where you play as a police officer that can switch between bodies (well, people who are driving) and basically take command of any vehicle you see on the road.
A lot of love for old movies and television shows with classic races such as Blues Brothers and The Italian Job, so if you enjoy any of that, they have recreations of that to try out.

Joe Danger 1 and 2.
Right, so these are racing games as in you can race against others or to beat your time, but at it's core the game is about platforming on a motorbike while performing stunts and collecting items. Still great fun, I highly recommend it,and plenty to do.

Perhaps not for you Shadownet, but as I'm talking about racing games this is one I don't want to be overlooked.
Qvadriga , an ancient Roman Chariot team simulator where you build up a team with stats, skills, and strategy to win in this old form of racing around a track. It's not the most glamorous and a title I think should be sold cheaper, but it has a lot to it that makes it worth experiencing that you don't get in most other games... if it's the type of game one would enjoy as it's not going win everyone over.

Blur is no longer on the Steam market sadly, but easy enough to get on home consoles. It was made by those who liked Mario Kart, but wanted realistic cars, and that's essentially what it is, plus RPG level up bars to fill.

Not out yet, but sure to make a splash. World of Speed from former Need For Speed: Pursuit developers will be a free to play MMO racing game with arcade style racing and team focus.

Diedac

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Diedac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Super Panda Adventures -- MB-A70F1E86C8F02CE7 - Taken by DaBargainHunta

Zalusithix

Oh dammit! i didnt read the rules section!

i apologize for entering ( was dumb of me not to read through the entire thing). =(

It wont matter if you entered or not, Modbot will just disqualify anybody that doesn't count. My first two keys were up for anybody to grab, the third was restricted to those that had given away a game in the last 90 days, and this last one is restricted to only those that have given away since their last win. I've been upping the requirements a bit each time to reach different sectors of SteamGaf.

Though I must admit, I was tempted to put a Juniors Only rule on this one. Perhaps if it was closer to April 1st. ;)

Vazduh

Burnout: Takedown is by far the best one in the series: not open world like Paradise, no bumping into "civilians", lots of cars and tracks and custom soundtrack &#10084;. Shame that Criterion only ported Paradise to PC :(

Grief.exe

Just got finished with work, time to head home. Hopefully I can finish Shantae and get started on TWAU.
SteamGAF, particularly Jshacks, has been really hyping me on TWAU as of late. Hopefully he lets me know how much he is enjoying,the comics.

I was surprised at how good Sonic ASRT was.

Also, congrats on winning Mordor!

I even enjoyed the game to an extent and I'm not a huge fan of the genre.

Thanks, should be fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Street Fighter is okay on Steam. The lag kills it for me. I gotta pick up lag tactics.

I only had lag against you btw when you joined, I had no lag against nabs :/

Nabs

Burnout: Takedown is by far the best one in the series: not open world like Paradise, no bumping into "civilians", lots of cars and tracks and custom soundtrack &#10084;. Shame that Criterion only ported Paradise to PC :(

True. Takedown is the best game they've made.

Burnout: Takedown is by far best one in the series: not open world like Paradise, no bumping into "civilians", lots of cars and tracks and custom soundtrack &#10084;. Shame that Criterion only ported Paradise to PC :(

Yea it's a great game for sure! It was the first burnout I played and I couldn't believe how fun it was haha. I miss crash mode too. Probably one of EA's best soundtracks.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Might be a pain in the ass to port now cause of the music licenses. -_-

JustLynx

I'm really new here, and this is kinda new for me, but i felt i gotta say something...
I don't know sub zero too much, and never talked to him\you, but what I do know from what I saw, is that he's always helping, have a huge generous heart and lots of good friends,
it saddens me to see how several people(I tried to find what happened but I didn't succeed :( ) make someone feel so unwanted and make him leave, this thing here is just mobbing, I really hope he'll come back and i really hope that those who did this will just chill and think again about what they've done...
and to Sub Zero i say, keep being awesome, you will be missed, even by me :p

I for one hope Sub Zero comes back. He's a chill guy, and I don't mean it as a pun.

As far as the harassment for the playfire rewards, I think it's bullshit. I haven't paid attention to how things go, but there's definitely a double standard seems like. Use SAM to get a few cents, and suddenly some folks are all "You're STEALING from them, you DESERVE to be banned!"

But soon as some giveaway pops up, like the Gamestop $5 XBLive bucks, there's folks talking about making all these extra facebook accounts, and emails, to get multiple hundreds of dollars. Not saying its the same people doing both things, but come on now.

And personal attacks? GTFO with that. If you don't agree with what someone has done, don't harp on them constantly or make snide remarks. Either block the person, and move on or just ignore their posts.

Meh, I probably shouldn't have said anything. Here's a garbage dump to keep things 25% on topic. Modbot says these are still unused, so if they have been used ... sorry.

also, i totally agree with you there, that's the ugly truth, hypocrisy at it's best...
and thank you for the games you gave :p

also... please take this ;_;

Dr Dogg

Take me home
Take me home

Yeah I know what you mean and I used to have Appetite for Destruction always in the glove box when I was at college. But man over the 3 days I bashed out the Platinum trophy I think it's completely changed my taste in music enduring that game. SSX on PS2 had the same vibe of blasting you with the same tracks over and over again. Tiger Wood 05 and that DMX intro which was bloody unskipable I seem to recall is another!

It wont matter if you entered or not, Modbot will just disqualify anybody that doesn't count. My first two keys were up for anybody to grab, the third was restricted to those that had given away a game in the last 90 days, and this last one is restricted to only those that have given away since their last win. I've been upping the requirements a bit each time to reach different sectors of SteamGaf.

Though I must admit, I was tempted to put a Juniors Only rule on this one. Perhaps if it was closer to April 1st. ;)

Haha no worries,

The game seems very intriguing so i may just head over the buy/sell/trade post and purchase it off one of the sellers there.

Just got finished with work, time to head home. Hopefully I can finish Shantae and get started on TWAU.
SteamGAF, particularly Jshacks, has been really hyping me on TWAU as of late. Hopefully he lets me know how much he is enjoying,the comics.

Thanks, should,be fun.
Haven't played the game, but the Fable comics are amazing, I read a 100 numbers in a month, if you like comics you should definitely read them.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Dwarfs?! -- MB-1683086D9AFA0727 - Taken by SSPssp
Bioshock -- MB-F6EBA6262A258286 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-5D7F1B6F0B7026BF - Taken by EzioCroft

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Dwarfs?! was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bioshock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ballpoint Universe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

BruteUA

That Bundlestars Speedrunners sale yesterday said there were 3 days left, they must have run out of keys and ended it. I'm really glad I grabbed it, and regret not grabbing a couple more to spread around. If they get more, or there's a similar sale somewhere else, don't think, just buy. It's great, and will be even better if I can learn the levels good enough to actually play with live people.

pahamrick

Thanks, should,be fun.

I've read Fables up to issue #100 something, it's been awhile so I can't remember. They are amazing. Like any comic, some story arcs are better than other's but none of them are something I would consider skip worthy. The world building and story telling are top notch, as far as the comics.

I was hesitant to start TWAU because I loved Fables so much, and while I haven't finished it (Thanks Windows for crapping out, requiring me to format and reinstall and losing my save) what I got to played wasn't a disappointment in the least.

Volimar

Well, I never got receipts for these games from my last giveaway, so they should still work. Maybe someone could take them so I can enter the pay it forward giveaways?

X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-581FA7BF000F0555

X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-54AD8806746B3012

dream

I'm really new here, and this is kinda new for me, but i felt i gotta say something...
I don't know sub zero too much, and never talked to him\you, but what I do know from what I saw, is that he's always helping, have a huge generous heart and lots of good friends,
it saddens me to see how several people(I tried to find what happened but I didn't succeed :( ) make someone feel so unwanted and make him leave, this thing here is how terrorism works, I really hope he'll come back and i really hope that those who did this will just chill and think again about what they've done...
and to Sub Zero i say, keep being awesome, you will be missed, even by me :p

Equating Freedom making two or three posts where he gently gives Sub Zero shit for stealing from Playfire to terrorism strikes me as being a bit of a stretch.

Jadax

Good but bundle game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Jadax:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jadax, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Anachronox -- MB-4A453D40D7AAAA15 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.

t1406396894z1.png

Dr Dogg

That Bundlestars Speedrunners sale yesterday said there were 3 days left, they must have run out of keys and ended it. I'm really glad I grabbed it, and regret not grabbing a couple more to spread around. If they get more, or there's a similar sale somewhere else, don't think, just buy. It's great, and will be even better if I can learn the levels good enough to actually play with live people.

Hahaha I'm compete and utter rubbish but playing through the single player levels I'm getting a hang of the controls and the timings for certain moves. Waaaaaaaay off Dunder standard but to make an omelet first you got to break a few eggs. Or digital shins in my case.

I dunno about that, Veggie... I just don't know.
Plus this fellow's testimony while playing DE: The Fall
Haha, I saw those head-bobble gifs, too. Embarrassing at the state this game has been shipped.
I talked to a fellow gaf member who played the game though and it seems this and most other big bugs have been patched and what's left is a simplified DE:HR spin-off
I enjoyed Human Revolution quite a bit and not every game has to be masterpiece. The Fall looks like the soggy leftover pizza from the night before. Sure, it may not be as tasty as it was warm but it'll still taste good and keep my tummy full.
Well I know someone plays these strategy/space games. Giving away the same game twice is boring to me so I like to change it up each time.
Thanks for the chance! But you should have waited for a sale, it's so expensive.

Jawmuncher

A bit late maybe, but Happy Birthday Shadownet

...why do people gift stuff on their birthday here? Shouldn't be the other way around?

Some cultures I know do it the other way around. But regardless of that its a celebration and no easier way to make that evident than free stuff lol.

Is there going to any SteamGAF gaming tonight? L4D2? Sonic Racing? TF2? CSGO?

I know there's supposed to be Street Fighter tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom