• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toki767

Yanno, I really do hope that after the big giveaways time out and people stop worrying about being throttled, folks will go back and claim some of the keys floating around in the thread right now. :p

At the same time, I hope people will stop literally begging others to take their keys just so they can reach megagiver status.

Dr Dogg

Here is a useless piece of trivia: if Subnautica doesn't release (or more accurately, due to Early Access, isn't purchaseable) within the next ~7.5 months, it'll dethrone South Park as the game with the longest store page -> release period.

Hold that thought I've had an idea. You use Fireworks yes?

I only played 44 minutes of Vertical Drop Heroes HD, but I already like it enough. I only managed to reach level 3 or 4, not sure, while Initially I kept destroying myself on level 2 but working your path down trying to not kill anything for the Pacifist route (only once did I manage to get down not killing anything, but then I didn't have enough keys to open the path to the exit lol) or trying to activate every alarm just because killing fools is always cool has been fun.

Yeah I had a playaround with on Kongrergate from the link derExperte posted. Umming and ahhing but all the talk in this thread has been great so far.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hold that thought I've had an idea. You use Fireworks yes?

Yeah, but I wouldn't say I'm intimately familiar with its features. I know how to make avatars and gifs, but that's about it, haha. Don't really need it for anything else. ;)

Divius

I'm going to check out Nether in ~30 minutes. Anyone here that wants to join me to either hold my hand or betray me and defile my corpse?

Kaleinc

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fspm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Really Big Sky -- MB-FB431ED1538061A5 - Taken by aurelioking

I'm really new here, and this is kinda new for me, but i felt i gotta say something...
I don't know sub zero too much, and never talked to him\you, but what I do know from what I saw, is that he's always helping, have a huge generous heart and lots of good friends,
it saddens me to see how several people(I tried to find what happened but I didn't succeed :( ) make someone feel so unwanted and make him leave, this thing here is how terrorism works, I really hope he'll come back and i really hope that those who did this will just chill and think again about what they've done...
and to Sub Zero i say, keep being awesome, you will be missed, even by me :p

did you actually equate what happened here to terrorism? Come on dude.

and these whole 'Im new, but he seems like a great guy' posts are getting annoying.

JaseC

What is being throttled?
Finally, ModBot has a "throttle" that prevents you from winning games back to back to back to back. You need to wait a little while between wins. The throttle starts around 15 minutes between wins, and ramps up based on the number of wins you've had in the last week. This means that if you just won something, you will need to wait a minimum of 15 minutes to win again. If you reply in-thread a ModBot administrator can check the logs and follow up to see if you were throttled, but a better policy would be for you to not be a jerk and recognize that if you've already won a half-dozen games this week, maybe it's okay to let someone else have a shot. Please do not send requests to inquire whether you are throttled; police yourself by choosing not to win dozens of games a week. Be a nice person.

Edit: Oh good, for a moment there I thought I accidentally posted this as a reply to the ModBot guide thread, haha.

Since today is my birthday, I thought I would give a little token of appreciation to you guys. Thank you for making my time at SteamGAF a wonderful experience. There have been tough times but there were even more wonderful moments. You guys are an awesome group of people, don't ever change.

And here I was wondering why everyone was clearing out their stocks of keys, LOL. HBD, sir!

Nabs

I'm having a hard time putting OlliOlli down. It took a bit of time to get the controls down, but now I'm stuck in that "just one more try" loop. It's a lot of fun to play, and having an awesome soundtrack doesn't hurt.

It's really too bad indie devs don't release demos on launch. I know it's not easy to do, but I would probably buy a lot more of them on launch.

Didn't know there was 2 of them!

GHVCJj9.jpg

aku:jiki

I thought people were exaggerating about Gish now that I've finally played it... This shit won awards? I guess the idea is cute but the execution is horrendous, and McMillen apparently couldn't draw yet at that point.

I liked Fate, on the other hand. I thought ain't nobody got time for old games but I think I want to play this one, it's cute.

Volimar

I thought people were exaggerating about Gish now that I've finally played it... This shit won awards? I guess the idea is cute but the execution is horrendous, and McMillen apparently couldn't draw yet at that point.

I liked Fate, on the other hand. I thought ain't nobody got time for old games but I think I want to play this one, it's cute.

Fate's the precursor to the torchlight games.

Speevy

Banned
One day Stump is going to make the horrible mistake of creating seven more Modbots, and the ten of them will become self-aware in every thread.

They'll start hacking into Steam accounts and buying games on your behalf, eventually flooding this thread and spreading into others.

Before long, they'll start winning their own giveaways and posting giant pictures thanking one another.

All because we put to much faith in the machine.

Here is a useless piece of trivia: if Subnautica doesn't release (or more accurately, due to Early Access, isn't purchaseable) within the next ~7.5 months, it'll dethrone South Park as the game with the longest store page -> release period.
What are you doing with your life man?
love you and I am worse lol
It free market live in front of our eyes. Shadownets giveaway opened the floodgates and subsequently lead to a giveaway inflation, where usually sought after games vanish in the shadow of high profile ones being available at the same time. Fear of getting throttled adds even more to this effect.
There are two solutions:
1. Re-register using garbage-dump
2. Re-register after Shadownets giveaway is over
Heh so many giveaways with it I coulda entered, but dat .gif misled me for so long! I didn't know it started off as a mobile game either. I just think it's funny that that .gif is still being passed around all the time when it doesn't represent the game at all anymore considering it was just a bug. I still need to remod Deus Ex 1 again and do another playthrough of that, haven't played DX1 in about 3 years or so now and I used to play it every 2 years haha. The original has so many paths and augments that you can play through the game a few times and still be fun since things will go different depending on how you approach the game.
Yeah, one has to be cautious not getting caught in the hyperbole. Lot of games ship bugged/broken; some more, some less. Always try to take a step back before going full on disdain for a game.
And now you've done it. Am at the verge of reinstalling Deus Ex, one of my GOAT. So much fun, so much joy.

JaseC

Out of curiosity, I decided to poke through my posts in the first Steam thread.

But that's just the thing - I had about 20 or so games listed as "not installed" and they all began downloading fine.

20 uninstalled games. I'm sure that seemed like a lot at the time. And here's something that tugged at my heartstrings:

Steam just dropped the price of some Ubisoft titles in the UK.

Some pretty crappy titles, at pretty expensive prices.

To save anyone bothering looking:

Wheelman
Released: 2 Apr 2009
Combining spectacular Hollywood-style stunts with a gripping storyline, Wheelman provides an adrenaline-fueled, cinematic thrill ride guaranteed to leave you breathless.
£14.99 ADD TO CART

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Game -- MB-96AE22A296C59821 - Taken by VikasNarula

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Zalusithix, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zalusithix, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-935D84D971AEB80A - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 51 entrants total.

t1406405894z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
I'm new here, but shadownet seems like a great person, plz be in my life forever!

Dunder I wish I could be yours and we could elope. But another gafer already stole my heart. He's bald and he's pretty generous.

He's a lot more pleasant with his Elizabeth Olsen avatar.

Wait... Its a compliment but.. Are you saying I was less pleasant when I was wearing my Green Ranger avatar? :O

----

Game Night for DOTA 2 and SpeedRunners is almost full. And no one wanna play CSGO yet.

JustLynx

did you actually equate what happened here to terrorism? Come on dude.

and these whole 'Im new, but he seems like a great guy' posts are getting annoying.

yes i have, this is my opinion, and yes i am new here and in the time I've been here I never saw sub being mean to anyone here
Making someone feeling so bad that he actually leaves, that's just sad and bad, and it's more than just bullying..

anyways, I'm going to stop here...
clearly there's more here than i know

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I decided I'd dive into a feature for Enhanced Steam that I've been considering for a while, which should help facilitate trading. When looking at a Steam inventory (your own or anyone else's) it'll now show the current store prices of any "Steam Gift" item you select.

For example:

This should save people a few clicks hopefully. Also, nothing will be different on gifts of games that are either Free to Play or are no longer available for sale on Steam.

Speevy

Banned
Thank you Modbot 2, you're too generous. You're almost as generous as Modbot 6.

You're welcome Modbot 4. Have you seen Modbot 7? He's supposed to be buying me some alpaca dating sims today.

Keys left:

ModBot said:
I am giving away keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-D670A8ED9CFD7E4D - Taken by Fuzzification
Antichamber -- MB-AB5DC4CF9471524A - Taken by Leg-End
Medal of Honor -- MB-44CFA991993A7F08 - Taken by eek5
Mini Ninjas -- MB-AF0FB17ED5B4DE24 - Taken by Melted77
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-68C144C288E0F702
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-A802020561DC4ECD
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-CEE56A879A8A89E6

t1406400854z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Thank you Modbot 2, you're too generous. You're almost as generous as Modbot 6.

You're welcome Modbot 4. Have you seen Modbot 7? He's supposed to be buying me some alpaca dating sims today.

I think my giveaway had broken Speevy's poor mind.

-------
Amazing jshackles! Thank you for updating Enhanced Steam with amazing features!

Ventara

I am 90% sure this key isn't used. I bought the game for myself through Steam, so I don't think I would have redeemed the key, nor do I remember giving it away. If it is taken, my sincerest apologies.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ventara, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

The Baconing -- MB-F9B00EB31A7C143C - Taken by Yakkue

JaseC

TY for Crysis 2! Apparently, I never had it on Steam or Origin, and this is the one I've been dying to play.

It's still Crysis at heart (mostly), but if you're hoping for a "wide-linear" experience akin to the original, albeit with a different setting, then I'd temper those expectations. Crytek touting the city as an "urban jungle" ended up being a load of hogwash.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Amazing jshackles! Thank you for updating Enhanced Steam with amazing features!

Thanks! I actually used your Steam inventory to test out a few of these, since I know it's usually loaded with awesome games. :)

Draw a Stickman -- MB-5589364FE5B4BD04
Thief Gold -- MB-1FC5A1FC1B73C103
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-81E90ACCD99F1B17 - Taken by grindamasta. 3 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-09B2521B0BD70CB6 - Taken by bluechox2. 1 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-EA2F6D847A0A3884

tylerf

I love that Shadownet's birthday has turned into such a big event. More on topic: I was feeling a little frustrated in Divinity about being under leveled until I realized
I didn't have to do the whole Immaculates sorry to take the barrier around the house down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom