• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
Could Dunder or someone keep updating the list of people who wanna play which game? I gotta take a quick nap. I'm running low on energy.

I'll be back in an hour or so.

Just copy what I got and make a post of your own and keep updating from there. 1 person volunteer please. Or if Dunder wanna do it.

And I think I'm going go move the time up to 6:30pm so EuropeGAF can join us as well.

Here is the link to it.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=858466&page=135#post122766502

Copons

I love that Shadownet's birthday has turned into such a big event. More on topic: I was feeling a little frustrated in Divinity about being under leveled until I realized
I didn't have to do the whole Immaculates sorry to take the barrier around the house down.

AHAHA I too spent an insane amount of time trying to figure out how to approach the
Immaculate initiation path full of truck-sized level 15 spiders while I was still level 10 or so, until I actually had to search on Google how to take down the barrier, as I had already explored the trapped path and my perceptive character didn't find the mound - even tho when I went back she found it immediately :/ - and I would have never ever gone back there to check a second time.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dino D-Day -- MB-96AE22A296C59821

It's still Crysis at heart (mostly), but if you're hoping for a "wide-linear" experience akin to the original, albeit with a different setting, then I'd temper those expectations. Crytek touting the city as an "urban jungle" ended up being a load of hogwash.

Actually, I never played the original. I saw a playthrough of this a few years back, and loved the whole "cloak while taking out enemies in the city" aspect. The campaign looked pretty good too. I am excited to jump into it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Actually, I never played the original. I saw a playthrough of this a few years back, and loved the whole "cloak while taking out enemies in the city" aspect. The campaign looked pretty good too. I am excited to jump into it.

In that case you can play it after 2 and appreciate the things it does better. ;) The game definitely takes a bit of a dive once the aliens show up, though. Crysis 2, for all its faults, at least has a structurally consistent campaign.

Turfster

20 uninstalled games. I'm sure that seemed like a lot at the time. And here's something that tugged at my heartstrings:

Painful.
Remember kids, this is why you buy licensed games the moment you can! ;)

Except that the city in Crysis 2 is basically a corridor.
A wide corridor, but still a corridor... full of bad gameplay.
(But don't listen to me, I'm just grumpy)

Sorry for the wall of text, just updating with new entrants

(PM me or post this quote and let me know what game you wanna be in, don't post the entire post to avoid cluttering. I'll include more games with we have more people)

Unless there is a majority disagreement, the starting time for all of these games will be 7:30pm EDT, give or take.

DOTA 2
(5 vs. 5)

1. InvisibleStride
2. Huggie
3. Indignate
4. Deitus
5. 73V3N
6. Bacardi151
7. MMBosstone86
8. Uzzy
9. RuskiBear

Reserve:

SpeedRunners
(4 players)

1. DunderHassan
2. dot
3. iosefe
4. Nabs

Reserve:
1. billmcdougal

aku:jiki

I just tried to give Unearthed an honest shot. It was testing my patience with the terrible controls and even worse animations, but when a character says "you're the one who always liked to raid tombs and unchart new mysteries in video games" I had to quit out. "Unchart mysteries"?! I can't even

EdmondD

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-FFCDD2EDD83B5CF5 - Taken by Buzzbrad. 2 entrants total.

t1406415314z1.png
Bit of a paltry giveaway but hopefully there is someone out there who hasn't enjoyed this classic. It's not garbage I just put that rule so people won't be throttled.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Driw3r, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-CC8A8F5F0A9CA470 - Taken by Axass. 2 entrants total.

t1406415615z1.png
Big daddy time

Jawmuncher

*drumroll* Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the SteamGAF Games Night Saturday Night Showdown.

nKzeUFw.png

In this event this weekend, it shall be decided who is SteamGAF's Champion Lord of the Scrubs in Super Street Fighter IV AE. Your champion lord will be bestowed the most glorious award, the Belt of Glory, to wear on their avatar and flaunt for all time! Or till next Showdown, where others again have the chance to attain such glory, and could part the champion of their belt, returning him or her to lowly scrubdom.

*behold the glory*

hGn0Cwo.png

The event will start at 8:00pm EDT, and will begin with an hour of free-form Endless Mode matches, so everyone could get a feel for the game if they are new or returning. The tournament will start at 9:00pm EDT. Entrants for the tournament can submit their bids in the group chat during the showdown, and we'll coordinate multiple brackets if attendance justifies it. Endless Matches will resume after the tournament.

Add me or MarcoZombieCannon to be invited to the group chat at the start of the event. Streaming will occur at my twitch channel and optionally at MarcoZombieCannon's.

Come one, come all; let the hunger for glory consume you. Don't hesitate for lack of experience, or worry about looking bad. As is the intention of every GAF Games Night, we're playing for fun and playing to learn. Except this time the stakes are huge.

See you then!

---

t1406422800z1.png

Reposting to remind everyone

ev0

old stuff!

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ev0, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

GTR Evolution -- MB-8A1DE3F9A7E55AF8 - Taken by Asharakk

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Desura) -- MB-8B805E516205F1D4 - Taken by BurnMuhBread

ulgzbKC.png
Humble Indie Bundle #3 (Desura) -- MB-FF08651E7C9EAC38 - Taken by SSPssp

Strider

I'll probably have to miss that first game of Dota 2 tonight given the time change. I'll be on around 7 EST so I'll join the 2nd game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I just tried to give Unearthed an honest shot. It was testing my patience with the terrible controls and even worse animations, but when a character says "you're the one who always liked to raid tombs and unchart new mysteries in video games" I had to quit out. "Unchart mysteries"?! I can't even

But now you'll never unchart new mysteries!

Guess I know why I usually don't read other threads than a few OTs http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122776693&postcount=14
Getting insulted for saving a few bucks lol
(It's about buying Steam games from Russia.)

RIP in peace a good portion of SteamGaf.

We are already banned.

tylerf

AHAHA I too spent an insane amount of time trying to figure out how to approach the
Immaculate initiation path full of truck-sized level 15 spiders while I was still level 10 or so, until I actually had to search on Google how to take down the barrier, as I had already explored the trapped path and my perceptive character didn't find the mound - even tho when I went back she found it immediately :/ - and I would have never ever gone back there to check a second time.

I only got it because I got mad and
killed the mushrooms for experience.
What a WTF moment that was.

Deitus

Guess I know why I usually don't read other threads than a few OTs http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122776693&postcount=14

Ugh. I just hate that sort of attitude, and I wish we could get away from that crap on GAF.

My own feelings about the Russian game trade aside, I just don't think there's any reason to call someone a piece of shit for having different moral standards than you. I mean if we were talking about murder, racism, or even actual theft it wouldn't bother me so much. But this is taking advantage of a loophole to save a few bucks, which is hardly some nefarious crime. If you want to make a case for the damage that can cause, please do, but leave personal attacks on people's character out of it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Locust, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Locust, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Making History: The Calm & The Storm -- MB-101FDF682A3DE884
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-C3F7B405AEB7647B - Taken by AudioFenix
Inversion (US region lock) -- MB-D2D30DF3AE03A88E - Taken by morningbus. 4 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (Origin) -- MB-5886C8D19CF5BF83 - Taken by Valkrai. 3 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-B279FD64229997EB - Taken by Roboleon. 3 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-3A010E6B0845DF39 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-FAA3B8ABB6EECF07 - Taken by Shadownet. 3 entrants total.
Arena Wars 2 -- MB-78673230077B6081
Pid -- MB-5FC0961B98B238E0

vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-862A721F7BE2A31A - Taken by cyrok. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Red Alert 3: Uprising (Origin) -- MB-3EE13A75FE1310B8
Gravi -- MB-BE6C3DFA4E7A7979 - Taken by fernandes
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-278B4603BED6D530 - Taken by Groupthink
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-0CFF82D8588023EF - Taken by redlacs
xheRJRF.gif
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta -- MB-8AE65F2EC2BA4AF6 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 1 entrants total.
Kings Bounty: The Legend -- MB-C67591700231B55F
Necrovision -- MB-FEC4935358152325 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Red Alert 3: Uprising -- MB-98AC03263C3C9304 - Taken by aku:jiki. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-95CE7974D6B81A1B
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror -- MB-4CB919E4A5588448
The Maw -- MB-EC5995C4FD90B82F
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-E15F1D794D262BE8 - Taken by NEO0MJ
Little Racers Street -- MB-7900E7A079095971 - Taken by fuzzy123
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-D5020164B2897FA4 - Taken by Egamer. 6 entrants total.
Major Mayhem -- MB-C899DD10C072B68E - Taken by Vazduh
Subject 9 -- MB-81BE438BA9BCA042 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 1 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-81047B0E4D05D8C1 - Taken by Altazor. 3 entrants total.
Angvik -- MB-A27CD3832DD90E0F
Paranormal -- MB-16ACAF203AC2208E - Taken by Ozium. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-2018EEC2B496DCC8 - Taken by anastef
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon -- MB-6BBCC61BA885187F - Taken by dream. 5 entrants total.
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-397F7A26D32EF70C - Taken by City 17. 2 entrants total.

t1406409377z1.png

dmix90

Wow, lol. All my PSN and XBL purchases from US region because that's way cheaper and i successfully dodge awful forced localizations this way. Who is losing? I simply won't buy a game at my local fullprice and will wait for sale or something....so no money from me to dev/publisher. If i buy it from another region here you go money received day 1, all happy.

Ozium

Once, while shopping for Xmas gifts I searched for a specific item and bought it for the lowest price I could find.

Mea culpa.

/s

derExperte

I only played 44 minutes of Vertical Drop Heroes HD, but I already like it enough. I only managed to reach level 3 or 4, not sure, while Initially I kept destroying myself on level 2 but working your path down trying to not kill anything for the Pacifist route (only once did I manage to get down not killing anything, but then I didn't have enough keys to open the path to the exit lol) or trying to activate every alarm just because killing fools is always cool has been fun.

Level 2 was a bit of a bump for me too at first before I learned to be not rush forward. No need for that as there's not time limit. Good to know you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom