• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdmondD

header_292x136.jpg

Can get Claire for $7.99 off GMG right now.

That caught my eye earlier. I'm tempted but I think I will wait. Looks like a good game though.

Dr Dogg

Yeah, but I wouldn't say I'm intimately familiar with its features. I know how to make avatars and gifs, but that's about it, haha. Don't really need it for anything else. ;)

Well the intent was to knock you up a template so all you had to do was alter said text and you'd get something like...

p7qJWBR.png

but I haven't used Fireworks in about 6 years so fuck that noise hahaha.

Deitus

So, basically, nothing unless you win a ton of games.

Basically. It's purpose is twofold:

1. Stop an individual from winning a disproportionate number of games over a short period of time.
2. In cases where a giveaway allows you to enter for multiple games, you can only ever win one game from the same raffle (unless a game is completely unclaimed).

Please take these keys:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Out of the Park Baseball 14 -- MB-D670A8ED9CFD7E4D - Taken by Fuzzification
Antichamber -- MB-AB5DC4CF9471524A - Taken by Leg-End
Medal of Honor -- MB-44CFA991993A7F08 - Taken by eek5
Mini Ninjas -- MB-AF0FB17ED5B4DE24 - Taken by Melted77

vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-68C144C288E0F702
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-A802020561DC4ECD
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-CEE56A879A8A89E6

t1406400854z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Well the intent was to knock you up a template so all you had to do was alter said text and you'd get something like...

p7qJWBR.png

this ... is ... awesome :) hehe

Vuze

p7qJWBR.png

That's awesome. First "fact"-series on the internet I'd follow.

Articalys

http://i.imgur.com/p7qJWBR.png[IMG]

but I haven't used Fireworks in about 6 years so fuck that noise hahaha.[/QUOTE]
As long as this is used in moderate amounts and doesn't get memetically run into the ground, it'll be hilarious.

I'll probably have to miss that first game of Dota 2 tonight given the time change. I'll be on around 7 EST so I'll join the 2nd game.

I'm not home until around 6:30. The original time is better. Sorry for not clarifying

Changing it back to 7:30, so see you in-game :)

I've entered at least 20 giveaways for Divinity. If I don't win it today I'll probably just buy it.

Haha same here, been close to buying it a couple of times, but dunno, I stopped playing Diablo 3 too soon after I bought it and I don't really have anyone to play it with.

BadRamen

Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures is pretty good, difficult but fair... Except for that damn last boss! Those patterns were difficult to overcome and I only did it by the skin of my teeth! On Normal! Only took about 3-4 hours but a very solid homage to good games from the NES-era brutality we've all come to call classic. I firmly of the belief this game was made to make everyone feel rage and start threatening the Nerd's life in RL. Every level has plenty of 80s platformer quirks that will set in motion a wave of rage nostalgia.
The health pickups in a few places are in an impossible to come back alive from placement, like in a set of closing in walls that you barely have time to escape normally.

$15 might be too much but the $6ish dollars I paid for it on sale at some point seems worth it. Worth the rage.

diablogod

Mega man!

ModBot said:

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (diablogod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded -- MB-8CD09F18B210217E - Taken by freshVeggie. 3 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-5383988D70348600 - Taken by ExitPlanetDust. 3 entrants total.
Reversion - The Meeting -- MB-E301905A1954A2A5 - Taken by factorone. 5 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-2B4BD88ECBE72980 - Taken by Mass_Pincup. 4 entrants total.
Gravi -- MB-2E31F526728DA726 - Taken by XDDX. 5 entrants total.
Satazius -- MB-0C11D1947CA07796 - Taken by Teppic. 2 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-D05FE550984CD3A1 - Taken by electroflame. 7 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess #2 -- MB-55563433CDE8B8A5 - Taken by $h@d0w. 4 entrants total.
Inversion -- MB-59D7EB767D4C44D0 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
This game is North America region locked.
Woodle Tree -- MB-457C91D531E69334 - Taken by Pop. 4 entrants total.
Huntsman: The Orphange - Halloween Edition -- MB-3087E283025D91BF - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.

t1406408234z1.png

topyy

Ice Cream Surfer(Desura,Greenlight)
Pressured
Mata Hari
Konung 2
Konung 3: Ties of the Dynasty
El Matador
Perimeter
The Culling Of The Cows
Labyrinthine Dreams
Sweet Lily Dreams
Speedball 2 HD
God Mode
The Chaos Engine

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (topyy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Indie Gala July Madness -- MB-75051C6E5386CE58 - Taken by alr1ght. 6 entrants total.

t1406408474z1.png

Anteater

You need to get on that Prince of Persia wagon. The Sands of Time and The Forgotten Sands are both fantastic.

I have Forgotten Sands but wasn't really feeling it, it's not bad though, but I kind of want to start with Sands of time.

I'm actually really interested in Legacy of kain: Soul Reaver.

lashman

2008 was really good too.

out of the original trilogy - Warrior Within is the one I liked the most ;) I know it's not a popular opinion (to put it lightly :p) ... but - there you go :p it might've been the music ;)

lashman

This. The 2008 Prince of Persia is one of my all time favourite games, it's so damn pretty. The combat and the platforming is a bit lacking in difficulty/variation though.

... and that main theme :3 I could listen to it for hours ... such beautiful music ... Inon Zur is DA MAN!! :)

Anteater

This. The 2008 Prince of Persia is one of my all time favourite games, it's so damn pretty. The combat and the platforming is a bit lacking in difficulty/variation though.

The problem with platforming in that game is that it's mostly 1 direction and most of the time you're holding one button/direction, what you mostly do in the game is to "renew" the action to keep the character doing platforming automatically. The combat is basically figuring out which 1 or 2 actions to do.

It's kind of like ass creed but they don't give you any room to improvise but the game is very pretty.

RS4-

Rookiejet, added you for the AE tournament thing.

Dunder, I might have to pull out from the Dota game night if we start too late lol, I kind of want to play Street Fighter. So, feel free to replace me if someone else comes along!

StAidan

Another FCFS for two lucky individuals :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StAidan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

SpeedRunners #2 -- MB-7F3AA06CD3882935 - Taken by maneil99
SpeedRunners -- MB-B6834F1E510A10CD - Taken by Ventara

Ventara

2008 was really good too.

+1. Although the combat was lacking, I was fine with that, since I loved the platforming. Maybe it was a bit easy, but I really like how fluid it was, and of course, the visuals were beautiful. I wish they'd make a sequel already.

Speedrunners deal (2€, 2.5$) @ bundle stars is back online

Tempting. It's not my kind of game, but I kinda want to get it just so I can play with SteamGaf.

Edit: Wow, talk about perfect timing! Thanks StAiden!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thats a big ass
dead
salamander, or whatever that thing was

Uzzy

The problem with platforming in that game is that it's mostly 1 direction and most of the time you're holding one button/direction, what you mostly do in the game is to "renew" the action to keep the character doing platforming automatically. The combat is basically figuring out which 1 or 2 actions to do.

It's kind of like ass creed but they don't give you any room to improvise but the game is very pretty.

Yeah, I agree with all of that. I totally understand if people want more to the platforming and combat in their games. Heck, I do too!

But in 2008 POP's case, I overlook that due to the amazing visuals and great soundtrack. It's a triumph of style over substance really.

... and that main theme :3 I could listen to it for hours ... such beautiful music ... Inon Zur is DA MAN!! :)

Totally. Really great soundtrack, with loads of stand out pieces. Ubisoft knew what they were doing with soundtracks around then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom