• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just realised that I've been confusing SpeedRunners with the similarly-named Magrunner this entire time. I had no idea it was 2D platformer; I thought it was first-person.

Seriously, how good can this guy be? I bet I can kick his ass after 10 minutes of practice!
I'm kidding, please don't hurt me, Dunder, sir.

*removed gif, figured it's not the most appropiate to post here due to offensive words*

Nah, go on practicing and I'm sure you can beat me :)
Nabs have already beaten me before and another gaffer, Kipp, is my archenemy in Speedrunners, we're on the same level.

I just realised that I've been confusing SpeedRunners with the similarly-named Magrunner this entire time. I had no idea it was 2D platformer; I thought it was first-person.

Well that's embarrasing!
Now go stand in the corner and read the Steam games list again.

I love playing against Dunder.

But maybe I hate myself

I'm pretty sure you hate yourself.

--

I have to say that people who think that those GIFs made from the TotalBiscuit WTF is... (or whatever) of Deus Ex: The Fall are being woefully mislead.

Video proof that the guns (the ones I've used at least) don't have that ri-do-do-diculous recoil effect:
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/ae9a..._07.26.2014_-_16.26.14.139.mp4.converted.webm

Excuse my poor play when I got flustered adjusting to the controls and wanted some sort of ironsights while out of cover.

tylerf

Ahh Speedrunners is mine. I thought it said there were more days left on the deal. Glad to see it was just a key shortage and I wasn't crazy.

Anteater

Yeah, I agree with all of that. I totally understand if people want more to the platforming and combat in their games. Heck, I do too!

But in 2008 POP's case, I overlook that due to the amazing visuals and great soundtrack. It's a triumph of style over substance really.

haha yeah I think they're wasting a really good graphic engine, it looks so good.

We should all play speedrunners with jasec!

Ryne

Reposting this because the thread flies:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-308B23F8084426B6 - Taken by oupi. 111 entrants total.

t1406454613z1.png

Divius

Right, so I just played ~1.5hr of NETHER. Jumped into it blind, having no idea what to expect. Here's what happened.

1. Spawn in safezone, walk through 3 steps of the 'tutorial', venture beyond the safezone, kill one creature, get killed by another creature. Death.
2. Spawn in safezone. Realize I only have a knife now. Venture beyond safezone. Attacked by creatures. Death.
3. Spawn in safezone. Venture beyond safezone. See another player. He jumps. I jump. We seem friendly. He shoots me. Death.
4. Spawn in safezone, immediately under attack from both creatures and other players. No clue what's happening. Death.
5. See 4. Death.
6. Spawn outside the safezone, in the world, to avoid whatever happened in 4 and 5! Walk towards a city for ~15 minutes. See a player fighting creatures! I help him, and we kill the creatures with our knives! He turns to me and shoots me. Death.
7. Spawn in world. Similar spot to the previous. Move into city again, scout for supplies, find some food and ammo. Still no weapon and no clue. Move into the safezone.

And that's where I left off and quit for the day. I honestly have no clue what to do, where to go, or where to get weapons and what my goal is. There's no hints or tips. No chat from what I can tell. No guidance. Kind of a mixed first impression.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
via topyy
ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sweet Lily Dreams -- MB-A9B1EF13A58B63DB - Taken by Bacardi151

-MD-

So can nobody beat Dunder in that speedrunners game? I feel like it's my duty to buy the game and beat him at this point.

We should all play speedrunners with jasec!

Omg yes, I'm up for that!

Right, so I just played ~1.5hr of NETHER. Jumped into it blind, having no idea what to expect. Here's what happened.

1. Spawn in safezone, walk through 3 steps of the 'tutorial', venture beyond the safezone, kill one creature, get killed by another creature. Death.
2. Spawn in safezone. Realize I only have a knife now. Venture beyond safezone. Attacked by creatures. Death.
3. Spawn in safezone. Venture beyond safezone. See another player. He jumps. I jump. We seem friendly. He shoots me. Death.
4. Spawn in safezone, immediately under attack from both creatures and other players. No clue what's happening. Death.
5. See 4. Death.
6. Spawn outside the safezone, in the world, to avoid whatever happened in 4 and 5! Walk towards a city for ~15 minutes. See a player fighting creatures! I help him, and we kill the creatures with our knives! He turns to me and shoots me. Death.
7. Spawn in world. Similar spot to the previous. Move into city again, scout for supplies, find some food and ammo. Still no weapon and no clue. Move into the safezone.

And that's where I left off and quit for the day. I honestly have no clue what to do, where to go, or where to get weapons and what my goal is. There's no hints or tips. No chat from what I can tell. No guidance. Kind of a mixed first impression.

Haha oh god, bad start.
I think you're supposed to craft weapons or something, IIRC you can get delivery quests and probably a few others.
Also, there is a chat, can't really remember what key to chat though (Enter maybe?).
It's hard to get into though without someone experienced though, my friend and I weren't really sure what to do either.

So can nobody beat Dunder in that speedrunners game? I feel like it's my duty to buy the game and beat him at this point.

Come at me bro!

You mean the part without rewinds? I thought it was tough but fair.

Loved that game. One of my favorites of the generation.

Yeah, people say that uncharted takes/took liberally from tomb raider but I always felt that this game held a greater influence. I hadn't seen a game where two characters were bantering back and forth like this before, and they managed to pull that off while still making it feel natural. It's really a fantastic experience.

Ventara

Just played a bit of Speedrunners, and fuck, I suck at this game. Died right off the bat twice since I didn't even know how to move left/right, lol.

user237

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

BioShock -- MB-DCA539C686439754 - Taken by Buzzbrad
The Lord of the Rings Online Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-723212CC958B98FA - Taken by Kagemusha

take both if you want

Ventara

This is a cute and fun point-and-click adventure game. The pixelated visuals are ver nice and detailed. I should mention that this incorporates musical notes into puzzles, so you need to have a good ear unless you want to have a hard time. Here are some pics (not mine).

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ventara, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Finding Teddy -- MB-8DE60AEB9E7A573F - Taken by -MD-

Ozium

This is a cute and fun point-and-click adventure game. The pixelated visuals are ver nice and detailed. I should mention that this incorporates musical notes into puzzles, so you need to have a good ear unless you want to have a hard time. Here are some pics (not mine).

I just played through that today and it was a fun little point and click.. a bit short once you get the hang of things but the art style and music is really nice. It's a very relaxing game. The ending credits music was so good.

alr1ght

via topyy

ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

ulgzbKC.png
Pressured (Desura) -- MB-FD4820010BE98B4C - Taken by Jason Frost

Jawmuncher

I'm still burned about PoP 2008 or whatever year it came out. Remember the Game Informer magazine saying the boss battles took influence from MGS. Though what I played sure wasn't the case.

Sands of Time is still untouched in my book.

alr1ght

PoP 2008 was beautiful, I'll give it that. Never played The Forgotten Sands, which I've been meaning to do sometime soon.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey so my best friends are dragging me out to dinner. I may or may not be able to play DOTA 2 later. DUNDER is in charge or game night now.

So please keep me on the Dota 2 list till further notice. I'm sorry about this. I haven't seen any of my friends in 2 weeks. I thought its time I spend some time with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom