• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, I played it on PS3 due to it being available at Redbox, and it was a great game. I wasn't surprised when I learned that the developer had a bunch of ex-Starbreeze staff who worked on the Riddick games, since Wolfenstein TNO had strong Escape from Butcher Bay vibes emanating from it.

I'm hoping that wolf tno will get people to go back and check those games out. Both riddick games are worth people's time but butcher bay is especially good. There aren't many games that I've played twice and there's even less that I've played 3 times but butcher bay is one of them.

rtcn63

Hatoful has been around (not on steam) for awhile right? I swore I remember reading about it in the PS2 days.

EDIT: Wiki says 2011.

bakeray

GAF Gaming Morning/Noon/Afternoon/Day/Evening/Night/Weekend/Timeless

Not sure if I'm blind or something, but there haven't been any more entrants to the games we're hosting *insert time of day*.
Have a look here and reserve a spot

The games are CS:GO, DOTA2 and Speedrunners (filled) at 7.30 EDT.
are there any other noobs playing Dota? I've played maybe 2 games total but play a shitton of LoL, would be interested in playing if other noobs are playing but not trying to drag down a team if not lol

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
My Husbando for Hatoful Boyfriend

Game was a lot of fun when I played it last year. Can't wait to go through the other routes when this comes out. Someone said those with bundle keys were going to get the game aren't they?

There can only be one husbando.

HatofulShuu.jpg

I don't think Devolver Digital has said anything yet about giving the remake free to those that got it through a bundle.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Indeed, I played it on PS3 due to it being available at Redbox, and it was a great game. I wasn't surprised when I learned that the developer had some top ex-Starbreeze staff who worked on the Riddick games, since Wolfenstein TNO had strong Escape from Butcher Bay vibes emanating from it.

I keep reading this, and now I really want to play Butcher Bay.

Ventara

Here's a charming little puzzle platformer, which offers challenges for all levels of players. Here's a good review from Steam.

This game is brilliant. It has one main strength that makes it a true gem, but it might be often overlooked: this game has two faces really.

At first glance it seems like a very casual but pleasant puzzle platformer. The levels are fun, they require a little bit of figuring out but nothing too complicated. You can pretty much play through the main 100 levels of this game like that without even realising there's more to it. This makes the game appeal to those gamers who just enjoy to chill out.

But there's a lot more this game is hiding... As you'll find out if you try earning fancier flowers, which requires completing levels within a strict time limit. You'll soon realise that for many levels those basic obvious methods of solving them that you used so far don't really work if you want to be fast enough. You suddenly learn the game has a number of undocumented features... little tricks you can do that may even look like exploits, allowing you to skip parts of the levels... But no! You're actually supposed to do all that! Those tricks aren't easy to pull off and getting good enough times is really challenging. Suddenly the casual chill-out game becomes a test of skill comparable to Super Meat Boy. And if you manage to get through all that too and you think you're done... Nope! Super-hard bonus levels are unlocked. If you manage to 100% this game, you're really really good.

This all makes Offspring Fling a great little game for both casual gamers and the most hardcore players. I'm very positively surprised, because initially when I started playing it, it seemed very generic and not standing out in any way. I saw very simplistic graphics and simple puzzles like in million other flash games published on various websites. I was wrong. I was completely wrong. Please take my word for it and don't get the wrong impression like I did. This game is a true masterpiece.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ventara, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Offspring Fling -- MB-2D7393041471605A - Taken by Fuzzification

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Interesting, thanks for the info.

To be clear, we don't have deep backend-level access to ModBot or anything (hence why I couldn't tell Saty how long he's throttled for), but we can view the logs for individual giveaways, so if you have a question like, say, "I entered for [some game] but it was later taken by someone else -- what happened?", that's something we can help with.

HoosTrax

How's Path of Exile? I see that it's F2P (didn't realize it was actually playable and not in some form of beta)...does it have microtransactions?

Last one

ModBot said:
The good games should work, that is to say Inquisitor, Tropico and Zeno Clash 2:

I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Universe sandbox -- MB-DF6015FFD7989D15 - Taken by Javier23. 1 entrants total.
The first templar -- MB-C47968C5AE249238 - Taken by didamangi. 3 entrants total.
Gotham city imposters professional kit -- MB-F5509D4CC0702890
Batman Arkham city -- MB-ADBD16B1190462F1 - Taken by tylerf. 2 entrants total.
Thief gold -- MB-025750B36C30268C
Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-BF2BA4434BDE04B7 - Taken by Leg-End. 3 entrants total.
Super meatboy, Lone survivor & braid -- MB-DE8295B1728FF622 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Humble introversion bundle (desura) -- MB-07672CBC41514FB9 - Taken by still
Lord of the rings: War in the North -- MB-E1F8AEF90D49FDB6 - Taken by Melhisedek. 1 entrants total.
Tropico Trilogy -- MB-AF1F2257C1648E54 - Taken by cardinalmind. 2 entrants total.
Inquisitor deluxe edition -- MB-C815E8D244DF33BF - Taken by yuraya. 2 entrants total.
Guardians of Middleearth -- MB-A91F03442590D943 - Taken by Henry Swanson. 3 entrants total.
Hard reset extended edition -- MB-2DEBD432E1DB6C3F - Taken by Altazor. 2 entrants total.
Zeno clash 2 -- MB-65E5EA7780DA6132 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-C7557173FF2B1FA5 - Taken by shykyoichi. 1 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red alert 3 uprising -- MB-1F7E8B2B677FB582
The lord of the rings online steely dawn starter pack -- MB-AF079002E64FA1D8
ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmore (desura) -- MB-B2132B9730BA5DE5 - Taken by Pudge. 1 entrants total.
Combat wings: battle of britain -- MB-3415A269B85C2E4B
Batman oranges DLC from humble bundle -- MB-B517B7C7DC35080F - Taken by cyrok. 2 entrants total.

I am suspicious of the below keys but they should hopefully work.
10 Classic SEGA Genesis Games, Medieval II: Total War, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Binary Domain, Renegade Ops -- MB-FB4C5F3438EAC14F - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 2 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-5CD8C8195E169934 - Taken by Elija2. 2 entrants total.
Alpha protocol, company of heroes, rome total war, hell yeah -- MB-74B6420D58F7E855 - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.
t1406371158z1.png

rtcn63

How's Path of Exile? I see that it's F2P (didn't realize it was actually playable and not in some form of beta)...does it have microtransactions?

Yes, but the microtransactions aren't particularly necessary to win. It's pretty fun overall, not as good as Torchlight 2/Diablo 3 last I checked, but serviceable. I personally just didn't care for the melee combat, felt like something was missing.

Jawmuncher

There can only be one husbando.

I don't think Devolver Digital has said anything yet about giving the remake free to those that got it through a bundle.

I remember someone brought it up as confirmed, but I took it with a grain of salt anyway.

-----------------

Mmmmm that new mass effect game sure doesn't sound like its for me.
A focus on exploring? That was the worst aspect in ME1. They better do a lot of work to make that interesting. Considering I put 100 hours into ME1 and that was always the most worthless aspect.

Pupo

To be clear, we don't have deep backend-level access to ModBot or anything (hence why I couldn't tell Saty how long he's throttled for), but we can view the logs for individual giveaways, so if you have a question like, say, "I entered for [some game] but it was later taken by someone else -- what happened?", that's something we can help with.

Ok,
don't hurt me (?) lol,
I understand, thanks.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'd be tempted to join for Dota 2, but I haven't played in months and I wasn't very good when I stopped.

are there any other noobs playing Dota? I've played maybe 2 games total but play a shitton of LoL, would be interested in playing if other noobs are playing but not trying to drag down a team if not lol

I am one of those noobs. Hopefully i dont become a terrible liability =)

Nabs

I remember someone brought it up as confirmed, but I took it with a grain of salt anyway.

Someone running the Devolver twitter said it wasn't policy to give out keys like that, but offered one to the person who asked because they asked so nicely. That tweet is going to cause them problems down the line.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Path of Exile is "microtransactions done right". Nothing you can buy in the store gives you any sort of competitive edge over enemies or other players. The only thing that you can buy that isn't purely cosmetic are "stash tabs" which let you store more loot.

The gameplay itself is awesome, way better than Diablo 3 in my opinion.

-----------------

Mmmmm that new mass effect game sure doesn't sound like its for me.
A focus on exploring? That was the worst aspect in ME1. They better do a lot of work to make that interesting. Considering I put 100 hours into ME1 and that was always the most worthless aspect.

If people can look past the terrible ending, me3 was a damn good game. It brought back some of the rpg elements from me1 and the combat mechanics from me2 and that worked really well.

It had its problems: the story was not well thought out (the earth is in immediate peril...but let's help some aliens solve their issues and spend weeks away from the worst possible situation mankind has faced and hope for the best) and it had some real grimey day 1 dlc BUT the stuff that worked in that game just fucking worked.

I just hope that I don't play as space Jesus anymore because that's played out.

HoosTrax

Yes, but the microtransactions aren't particularly necessary to win. It's pretty fun overall, not as good as Torchlight 2/Diablo 3 last I checked, but serviceable. I personally just didn't care for the melee combat, felt like something was missing.

Path of Exile is "microtransactions done right". Nothing you can buy in the store gives you any sort of competitive edge over enemies or other players. The only thing that you can buy that isn't purely cosmetic are "stash tabs" which let you store more loot.

The gameplay itself is awesome, way better than Diablo 3 in my opinion.
Thanks, downloading it now :).

adaen

So I won Black The Fall from NingenJanai today and was asked to post some impressions.

Black The Fall is a Platformer / Sidescrolling Shooter that released on Steam via Early Access earlier this month. I spent roughly an hour with it and ran through all 5 levels available for now but didn't find all secrets. According to the developers the current 5 levels are roughly 15% of the finished game.

There is no narrative at all, you just get thrown in an oppressive looking 2D world held completely in black and white. There is a quick on screen tutorial which explains the basic controls while you run through the first few screens.
For the controls I wasn't able to use a controller as I didn't find an option for it, guess it's not yet implemented.

The gameplay definitely shows the early state of the game. Jumping still feels pretty clunky and somewhat unresponsive. Basicially your goal is to reach the end of the level and avoid or kill the enemies on your way. You die with one hit.

There is a rudimentary stealth system which allows you to hide / kinda melt with the background on fixed points in the level. I didn't really bother with it as it felt too basic and your only option is to let the enemies pass and resume your journey. In addition one time an enemy got stuck on top of me while I was hiding (you are able to hide, even though the enemies have seen you and are already right next to you) and my only option was to letting him kill me.
There are different guns and a melee weapon to kill the enemies. Shooting stuff works well, almost like a twin-stick shooter, but you have to hold down an aim-button to be able to shoot. Everything dies with one shot, if you hit the head.
The problem is the melee. It's very buggy and borderline unuseable: Not only does it little damage but is has a spotty hitbox as well, so enemies are sometime able to walk through your swing and kill you. They really need to work on that.

When you die you respawn on checkpoints which the game sets and which are generously placed. The problem is enemies which are in front of you respawn but you don't get your ammo back.
I died a lot, sometimes because of bugs (falling through the floor, jumping on the wrong point and dying from fall-damage because I fell like 30cm), to the point of running out of ammo and having to rely on that hideous melee system. But overall I don't think it's a hard game, I just sucked at it.

I really liked the presentation. The style reminds me of Limbo (of which I have played little, so I can't really compare the two games) and there are some nice looking backgrounds. The music was very atmospheric, too.

All in all I'd say avoid this game for now. While I don't regret playing it, there are some big issues with the game. It all feels really early but not without potential. Even if you bother with all the secrets the game has to offer I doubt it'll take longer than 90mins to complete the current content. Even the developers call the current game a demo in the credits.

tl;dr Pass for now; short and clunky, game is in an early state and you can probably do better with your $9, even on Early Access

Shadownet

Banned
Since today is my birthday, I thought I would give a little token of appreciation to you guys. Thank you for making my time at SteamGAF a wonderful experience. There have been tough times but there were even more wonderful moments. You guys are an awesome group of people, don't ever change.

Here is a little fun for everyone :) Good luck to everyone!
(A special thanks to a handful of people who helped made this happened. You know who you are! thank you so much guys from the bottom of my heart!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The Great Detective Challenge"

If you win one of the prizes below then you are disqualified from this challenge. I want everyone to have a chance to win something. So choose carefully, do you want to risk it all for this challenge or play it a bit safer and enter the giveaways below?
Please read the rules and the challenge very carefully.
The prizes will be kept a secret until the winners are announced.

Please include in the title of your PM to me (The Great Detective Challenge - Submission) also please show your reasoning for all the answers and include your drawing/comic strip! Take your time with the drawing! no need to rush!
Link to the rules
Link to the challenge
ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

(Some of these games are not available yet, I will gift them to you personally once they're available for preorder)

t1cxE6r.gif
Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition -- MB-66D0CC47BD68A513 - Taken by oipic. 54 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Alien: Isolation -- MB-0E90B2C9265F9FA3 - Taken by Speevy. 62 entrants total.
Batman: Arkham Knight (2015) -- MB-D3441C80B7342F16 - Taken by Daedalos42. 68 entrants total.
Divinity: Original Sin #2 -- MB-F26E343ADB9FD1B1 - Taken by Toki767. 41 entrants total.
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-4C6AE727B04CC88F - Taken by AHA-Lambda. 43 entrants total.
Dying Light (2015) -- MB-A33F35DBC436224F - Taken by dot. 33 entrants total.
Mighty No. 9 (2015) -- MB-0290344FF9E0D9E0 - Taken by Benedict. 30 entrants total.
Hyper Light Drifter (2014) -- MB-2C82F7662DD36D5A - Taken by Wok. 31 entrants total.
Rise of the Tomb Raider (2015) -- MB-F139B8A6AF0EF846 - Taken by corrosivefrost. 51 entrants total.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor -- MB-F93825C973FAA0D9 - Taken by saunderez. 63 entrants total.

t1406442553z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 38 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_586x192.jpg

capsule_467x181.jpg

Metro: Last Light Redux -- MB-75BA007DE28711A3 - Taken by DunderHassan. 68 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-3B7E090538A2E0B1 - Taken by Cyan. 1 entrants total.
Syberia Bundle #3 -- MB-03AAC69A18E14AC6 - Taken by 73V3N. 1 entrants total.
Syberia Bundle #2 -- MB-9E30F9D5DBD93CE3 - Taken by Dingotech. 1 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-24563E07675EB919
Syberia Bundle -- MB-FCFEAEF503C2AE9B - Taken by tylerf. 1 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-49DE199D7742C396
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising -- MB-37D42CA7533D4D80
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-3FBC6CC4B2840248 - Taken by Dragoon En Regalia. 2 entrants total.
Serious Sam 3: BFE -- MB-FE9C758F7FF76108 - Taken by SSPssp. 3 entrants total.
Abyss Odyssey -- MB-33446565ED7F8975 - Taken by jshackles. 49 entrants total.
Medal of Honor #2 -- MB-F888AAD40516B4FB
Warlock -- MB-100E5CA182EA4ED7 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-F7A8AF92A22E3686
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising #2 -- MB-8EE9160FE181E3B0 - Taken by rookiejet. 2 entrants total.
Deponia The Complete Journey -- MB-B514D0EF1CB8F15E - Taken by wilflare. 17 entrants total.
Ys: Origin -- MB-D9B2135D18B6C482 - Taken by mannerbot. 21 entrants total.
Broforce #2 -- MB-7930E23E5FD71A40 - Taken by oupi. 56 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking #2 -- MB-603D8B895B4E96CD - Taken by Locust. 28 entrants total.
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-2977A4A47AB8EA02 - Taken by Cyberquake. 28 entrants total.
NightSky -- MB-52816096450BBE20
Magicka + 2 DLC -- MB-81BD12CE254BF6D9
Desert Thunder -- MB-A145D5D71458DD47
Leviathan: Warships -- MB-3136E9F86E0BCEC9
Ys: The Oath in Felghana -- MB-38CC2C29925EAAD3 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 17 entrants total.
Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans) -- MB-B512E9E10B41AB97 - Taken by crazyrabbits - Taken by JakeD. 4 entrants total.
Garry's Mod -- MB-DD930770A494D282 - Taken by Deadbeat. 3 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge #2 -- MB-2ACDC8232BD9F221
Broforce -- MB-2D08C73DC54036F9 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 60 entrants total.
Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative -- MB-AAACD5CAC8C3186D - Taken by Kryptonite. 7 entrants total.
Rayman Origins -- MB-E9CE5E73F202403C - Taken by Sajjaja. 25 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-B123FDA2EF8D34A9 - Taken by Rudakus. 3 entrants total.
ibb & obb -- MB-4D7FF53BBE421689 - Taken by drakaenae. 10 entrants total.
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-8B3D6EC16A94BD40 - Taken by Anteater. 70 entrants total.
Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-21A5EBB001E4D1FD - Taken by Ventara. 6 entrants total.
Aperture Tag: The Paint Gun Testing Initiative #2 -- MB-BA2B1301FB7F880D - Taken by dirtywhirlwind. 6 entrants total.
Metro 2033 Redux -- MB-B19F9E452CF92E55 - Taken by diablogod. 51 entrants total.

t1406442613z1.png

Jawmuncher

If people can look past the terrible ending, me3 was a damn good game. It brought back some of the rpg elements from me1 and the combat mechanics from me2 and that worked really well.

It had its problems: the story was not well thought out (the earth is in immediate peril...but let's help some aliens solve their issues and spend weeks away from the worst possible situation mankind has faced and hope for the best) and it had some real grimes day 1 dlc BUT the stuff that worked in that game just fucking worked.

I just hope that I don't play as space Jesus anymore because that's played out.

Yeah I'm curious what the story will really be.
They're saying a side story but if that truly the case then we all know how it'll end.

The idea summon brought up as space smugglers or something sounded cool. But if they have a mako they have to be a part of N7 probably.

Ventara

Since today is my birthday, I thought I would give a little token of appreciation to you guys. Thank you for making my time at SteamGAF a wonderful experience. There have been tough times but there were even more wonderful moments. You guys are an awesome group of people, don't ever change.

Here is a little fun for everyone :) Good luck to everyone!
(A special thanks to a handful of people who helped made this happened. You know who you are! thank you so much guys from the bottom of my heart!)
"The Great Detective Challenge"

If you win one of the prizes below then you are disqualified from this challenge. I want everyone to have a chance to win something. So choose carefully, do you want to risk it all for this challenge or play it a bit safer and enter the giveaways below?
Please read the rules and the challenge very carefully.
The prizes will be kept a secret until the winners are announced.

Please include in the title of your PM to me (The Great Detective Challenge - Submission) also please show your reasoning for all the answers and include your drawing/comic strip! Take your time with the drawing! no need to rush!
Link to the rules
Link to the challenge

Doesn't matter how many times I see it. Still amazed at how awesome of a giveaway it is. I really should get started on that drawing, though. I'm such a procrastinator.

Andrefpvs

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Andrefpvs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-86261C52FA727AC1 - Taken by Whelan. 1 entrants total.

t1406414115z1.png

More FCFS:

ModBot said:
ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-613CAB1DC4A9DD25 - Taken by Majukun
Antichamber -- MB-AB5DC4CF9471524A - Taken by Leg-End
Medal of Honor -- MB-44CFA991993A7F08 - Taken by eek5
Inversion (US Locked) -- MB-92F3CA4927793C6B
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-8D291FF56A725914 - Taken by Purkake4
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-DD39E9D744206C4B - Taken by fuzzy123
ulgzbKC.png
Livalink (Desura) -- MB-BFCE0C89AFE6D711 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
Major Mayhem (Desura) -- MB-37C69CC1C19F671E - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Yelaxot (Desura) -- MB-F8D3B01EFA6F2E29 - Taken by Jason Frost
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-A802020561DC4ECD
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-CEE56A879A8A89E6
ulgzbKC.png
LAXIUS FORCE I (Desura) -- MB-0BB49F64228FA24C - Taken by Eila
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-68C144C288E0F702

JaseC

So I won Black The Fall from NingenJanai today and was asked to post some impressions.

<snip>

tl;dr Pass for now; short and clunky, game is in an early state and you can probably do better with your $9, even on Early Access

Sounds quite similar to Mark of the Ninja, just not quite as well-refined in the mechanics department. Speaking of which, I should resume my playthrough... although it's been so long at this point (around a year, IIRC) that it'd probably be a good idea to start a new game.

Edit: \/ Haha, quite the coincidence.

Yeah I'm curious what the story will really be.
They're saying a side story but if that truly the case then we all know how it'll end.

The idea summon brought up as space smugglers or something sounded cool. But if they have a mako they have to be a part of N7 probably.

The mako stuff wasn't very good in me1 so meh. They had a dlc pack for me2 that included a mako-ish vehicle and that kinnnndddddaaaa worked. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt with the new ME and hope that between the backlash they received from both dragon's age 2 and me3 that they're not going to shit the bed with their next game.

But hey, it's EA. They're great at messing up a good thing.

Tizoc

You know that new F2P game Dark Blood Online? I gave my female character big tits. It was lulzy, but I should put more hours into it, it's like an online 2D beat'em-up, but you also get various special moves/skills that can be assigned to keys.

Strazyplus

ModBot said:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Strazyplus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

2014-07-26_1829.png

Low Light Combat -- MB-5E7E0C9A46BABAAB - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.

t1406414595z1.png

something I found I had for gives!

JaseC

Really? I thought Mark of the Ninja had really tight mechanics.

I agree. I'm saying that, judging from the review, what Black: The Fall borrows from MotN it doesn't do as elegantly, although to be fair this can -- at least to some extent -- be attributed to the fact it's in the Early Access phase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom