• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingotech

I agree. I'm saying that, judging from the review, what Black: The Fall borrows from MotN it doesn't do as elegantly, although to be fair this can -- at least to some extent -- be attributed to the fact it's in the Early Access phase.

I can't read good....XD

It's a shame it doesn't the videos had me interested in the game.

EDIT - Crap double post sorry.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So who are we sending receipts to? Doubt I even have it unless paypal saved it for me.

Someone at Devolver, probably. I'd go with fork@devolverdigital.com. If you're lucky, paypal might still have the receipt.

what?

i'm coming down with something just because of the cold :/

Cold weather makes it easier to breath for me, which is great since I've got year round allergies. Catching a cold or getting sick makes it worse for me, but cool air helps.

I'm probably different from most I guess :p

Jawmuncher

The mako stuff wasn't very good in me1 so meh. They had a dlc pack for me2 that included a mako-ish vehicle and that kinnnndddddaaaa worked. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt with the new ME and hope that between the backlash they received from both dragon's age 2 and me3 that they're not going to shit the bed with their next game.

But hey, it's EA. They're great at messing up a good thing.

How dragon Age Inquisition turns out will tell us all we need to know about bioware and if they learn from their mistakes

Card Boy

Banned
This is a cute and fun point-and-click adventure game. The pixelated visuals are ver nice and detailed. I should mention that this incorporates musical notes into puzzles, so you need to have a good ear unless you want to have a hard time. Here are some pics (not mine).

It's not a good point and click game was made for iOS/Mobile devices as you can only move left to right and up and down on the screen. The only time you ever move in the middle of the screen is when there is some clickable object. The puzzles are really obtuse. Where the game shines is the graphics style, the little friends you meet along the way and it's no words silence style story but that wasn't enough to get over the shitty gameplay.

Hugstable

Banned
How dragon Age Inquisition turns out will tell us all we need to know about bioware and if they learn from their mistakes

Yup, I'm waiting patiently for the true successor to Dragon Age Origins and I really hope they do everything right with Inquisition. I've been staying pretty free of information about the game until release comes along. Want to be surprised, but also don't want to hype myself up too much about it.

Ventara

It's not a good point and click game was made for iOS/Mobile devices as you can only move left to right and up and down on the screen. The only time you ever move in the middle of the screen is when there is some clickable object. The puzzles are really obtuse. Where the game shines is the graphics style, the little friends you meet along the way and it's no words silence style story but that wasn't enough to get over the shitty gameplay.

I liked it. The puzzles were easy, except for the music puzzles, which were somewhat unique to me since it had a wide variety of notes for you to listen to.

Still have 3 keys from the latest raffle (other than these keys, free for all)

Givers only:
The Swapper -- MB-E705401AD57989BF - Taken by iosefe. 4 entrants total.
Bloody Trapland -- MB-9FDF468B3F3251D7 - Taken by ßthePenguin. 1 entrants total.
Ghost Master -- MB-2A7FC060616D72CE - Taken by Diedac. 3 entrants total.

Also, seems like nobody is entering for CSGO, thinking about switching it to L4D2 instead, since 8 slots will be easier to fill rather than 20.
Let me know if you'd rather be interested in that.

Shadownet

Banned
Well look like I might miss or be late to game night. We're playing Settlers of Cataan for my birthday. So I might be home around 8pm. So Dunder remove me from DOTA please. If I get home tonight early enough I'll try and start a small game of something if some of you guys wanna play with me.

Sorry about that guys. I do wanna play with you though.

Still have 3 keys from the latest raffle (other than these keys, free for all)

Givers only:
The Swapper -- MB-E705401AD57989BF - Taken by iosefe. 4 entrants total.
Bloody Trapland -- MB-9FDF468B3F3251D7 - Taken by ßthePenguin. 1 entrants total.
Ghost Master -- MB-2A7FC060616D72CE - Taken by Diedac. 3 entrants total.

Also, seems like nobody is entering for CSGO, thinking about switching it to L4D2 instead, since 8 slots will be easier to fill rather than 20.
Let me know if you'd rather be interested in that.

...noone grabbed The Swapper?

Fantastic game.

Ozium

I liked it. The puzzles were easy, except for the music puzzles, which were somewhat unique to me since it had a wide variety of notes for you to listen to.

music puzzles are easy once
you figure out that each note corresponds to a letter in the alphabet

Deitus

Well look like I might miss or be late to game night. We're playing Settlers of Cataan for my birthday. So I might be home around 8pm. So Dunder remove me from DOTA please. If I get home tonight early enough I'll try and start a small game of something if some of you guys wanna play with me.

Sorry about that guys. I do wanna play with you though.

It's cool. Catan's a pretty great game, so I hope you have fun (it's not a particularly quick game though). I'm sure someone will be available whatever time you get back, or if not, there's always tomorrow.

Do we know who is gonna host the lobby?

Not it. :p

I can play Dota again.

Awesome. Looks like we need one more then.

S1n1st3r

Banned
A +1 for someone's collection

ModBot said:
Instructions for S1n1st3r:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (S1n1st3r, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Damnation -- MB-6DEF375E71B0F59F - Taken by Haunted

Strider

Spent a little over an hour with Speedrunners. Game is so fun for how simple it is but I need to learn the maps to actually compete. We had a Dunder-lite in my lobby that was winning almost every round. felt bad man.

rtcn63

I've been playing Dreadout (gifted to me by Dusk Gollum), and not loving it as much as him, not yet. I'm up to the second or third boss
scissor man
, and though the atmosphere is genuinely uneasy, unnerving, not the sort of thing you want to tackle in a lone shed in the woods; the actual gameplay comes off pretty bare bones and uneven.

You'll spend most of your time (well I have, so far) in the school hallways, looking through rooms with very little interesting in them. The bosses take many shots to kill (20+ on the
white-haired woman
IIRC), but the bosses don't change up their patterns much to keep combat interesting- they may take longer to appear for you to shoot them.

Yes, the game does seem to be buggy. I'm not sure if some of it is intentional, but it can be quite irritating during the (once again) boss fights. In just one particular fight, I was for some reason briefly unable to run, allowing myself to be attacked constantly without being able to respond and "died". My camera chose not to lift up and target the boss, so I couldn't do damage (which I've mentioned you need to do a LOT of). Sadly, this too was a frequent occurrence. And other times you'll have proper control of your character, but the boss kills you because it'll attack you six times before you can move away.

The game does get props for its unique enemy design, few as they may be.

Toki767

It's tickling me seeing all these people "graciously" giving away all these games. Trying to get in on dat megagivers give away.

If it were any other day, those games would probably get taken too, but it seems like the vast majority of people aren't biting which is probably frustrating those people trying to hit megagiver status lol

RS4-

Dunder, mind removing me from dota as well? I've got to do some side work here that'll keep me busy for the next bit. Sorry!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Out there somewhere -- MB-EA6E9B0667A0B001 - Taken by swx

Hugstable

Banned
Not even hiding it, want my Divinity OS / Lara Croft!
Like I'm gonna win anyway though, all this work for nothing.

That's a benefit in a ways for the community thanks to the Payitforward rule. Most of these people are giving out more games than they would, but it's not really to work the system because they still haven't increased their chances to win, but they are still giving back whether they won or not. Plus not every game is getting taken anyway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
God yes, reward us for buying several copies, Lara GoL in co-op is damn great.

It wouldn't be the first time that a four-pack's limited to the standard edition, which is just a silly thing to do -- how dare you have the audacity to want to buy the more expensive edition!

Can't people just give away some games without being accused of doing it for selfish reasons?

I'd like to think of it as an opportune time to be generous XD

Anyways, Shadownet explained his thoughts on it and said giving away bundle keys to reach megagiver for his giveaway is fine by him.

More FCFS:

ModBot said:
ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Medal of Honor -- MB-44CFA991993A7F08 - Taken by eek5
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-613CAB1DC4A9DD25 - Taken by Majukun
Inversion (US Locked) -- MB-92F3CA4927793C6B
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-8D291FF56A725914 - Taken by Purkake4
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-DD39E9D744206C4B - Taken by fuzzy123
ulgzbKC.png
Livalink (Desura) -- MB-BFCE0C89AFE6D711 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
Major Mayhem (Desura) -- MB-37C69CC1C19F671E - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Yelaxot (Desura) -- MB-F8D3B01EFA6F2E29 - Taken by Jason Frost
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-A802020561DC4ECD
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-CEE56A879A8A89E6
ulgzbKC.png
LAXIUS FORCE I (Desura) -- MB-0BB49F64228FA24C - Taken by Eila
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-68C144C288E0F702

Just sent my solution to Shadownet. That was doing a real number on my head, I almost couldn't sleep last night because of it. We did these kinds of puzzles in my Logic and Reasoning 101 class, me and my friend worked together, and pretty much always got them right before everybody else. But in the end, I did fail the class, so we'll see...

Also, I gave it a day or so, I have some junk that nobody took. 2 of the 3 games have cards, so there's that.
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-939049F6FE58E2C3 - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
//N.P.P.D. RUSH//- The milk of Ultraviolet -- MB-B0DBA1B0E18883D5 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Skyward Collapse Complete Edition -- MB-11CA312E3ECFA226 - Taken by DizzyCrow. 2 entrants total.

Ventara

By the way, I have 5 applicants for the Great Detective Challenge so far. :p no one else wanna enter? Is the challenge that hard? Lol

Speaking of that, are there any particular rules for the pic? Can we include text? Does it have to include Batman, or can we get away with just it being about him? Can we make it like a comic strip?

Edit: lol, I should have just read the rules instead of skimming.

JaseC

This is the part where I say "Grab OOTPB 14 because it's kindasorta been pulled from Steam and who knows how long the sub will remain purchaseable."

JaseC

Is there precedence or is this wistful wishing?

This is the first time that Squeenix has offered a multi-pack for a game that has a DDE so there's no history to draw from. At this stage there's no reason to believe that a four-pack option will exist for the DDE, but this could very well change before release.

JakeD

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (JakeD, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

the chaos engine -- MB-12E81AC77F460F88 - Taken by Leynos

just noticed i had this spare...indiegala link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom