• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got another guy for Dota2, so just one more slot to fill!
You can do it, 15 minutes left.

Let's see if anyone bites on these two games, just want to this over with :)

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line.
In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want.
(if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Natural Selection 2 -- MB-63985789EFD66032
Euro Truck Simulator 2 Gold Bundle -- MB-3E936279B76DE951 - Taken by yoshizzle

Jawmuncher

All this talk of throttling
Full_Throttle_artwork.jpg

Shame the lucasarts games are still Mia everywhere.

Deitus

By the way, I have 5 applicants for the Great Detective Challenge so far. :p no one else wanna enter? Is the challenge that hard? Lol

I can't draw and I'm not creative. I'll leave that competition to people who are more suited to it. It's still an awesome contest, and I'm really curious to see what people will come up with, but it's just not my strong suit.

The what?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122721283&postcount=12404

Read the bits before the raffles.

Sounds quite similar to Mark of the Ninja, just not quite as well-refined in the mechanics department. Speaking of which, I should resume my playthrough... although it's been so long at this point (around a year, IIRC) that it'd probably be a good idea to start a new game.

Edit: \/ Haha, quite the coincidence.

While MotN was pretty damned good, I'm no longer supporting Klei, so it seems like this game would be worth a shot to me.

Hanzou

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hanzou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Flight Control HD -- MB-E1789D3E359EA0B8 - Taken by arts&crafts

Been in my inventory for years, maybe someone else will enjoy this?

My weekly Deponia giveaway!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Deponia: The Complete Journey -- MB-564DD71A015AB82D - Taken by r3n4ud. 26 entrants total.

t1406427375z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cloudius12, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Pid -- MB-F4AAF8678B3D757D
Bioshock -- MB-5847ECED522BBE16

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
By the way, I have 5 applicants for the Great Detective Challenge so far. :p no one else wanna enter? Is the challenge that hard? Lol

I'm unfortunately very busy today. I don't know if I will have any significant free time. :/

I haven't even looked at what the riddle is.

rtcn63

I just glimpsed the contest thing, I repeatedly failed high school and community college math, so this probably isn't my time to shine.

inm8num2

All this talk of throttling
Full_Throttle_artwork.jpg

Shame the lucasarts games are still Mia everywhere.

I've pretty much lost hope at this point, regardless of the GF remake.

All those pre-2K LucasArts games are a big part of PC gaming history, and they've been kept in a vault for some strange reason.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fuzzification, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners -- MB-E9DA0B057FC9D146 - Taken by Tizoc. 13 entrants total.

t1406417895z1.png
Feeling not as guilty now. :p

Turfster

All those pre-2K LucasArts games are a big part of PC gaming history, and they've been kept in a vault for some strange reason.

Nobody at Disney (or even Lucasarts beforehand) cared about their history.
It was all Star Wars Star Wars Gotta Milk That Star Wars.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ricochetguro:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ricochetguro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Humble Indie Bundle 2 -- MB-71B2180A738E160D - Taken by JakeD

Enjoy whomever.

H1PSTER

I might be addicted to this guys.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (H1PSTER, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners -- MB-5BDD115E70FE7F31 - Taken by Tizoc. 25 entrants total.
SpeedRunners #2 -- MB-6A0A628DF0DAC18B - Taken by KevMan1815. 10 entrants total.

t1406428215z1.png
[/QUOTE]

Ventara

I see. One thing is not clear to me though, maybe because I'm not american, I'll put it in spoiler anyway:
Joker#2 says that one of the is 4 streets above him, but as in the jump from 20th to 24th or 20th to 30th?

Based on what I understand.
The difference between 20th and 24th St would be 4 streets, not 20th to 30th St.

How are Streets numbered in your area?

H1PSTER

Jesus Christ, the hate one can get for a negative review on Steam is stupid. I write one review and this is what happens -_-

Can't be as bad as League of Legends.

"Can you ward there please"

They'll reply with something along the lines of

"What the fuck did you say about my mother!?"

Edit: new page to repost.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (H1PSTER, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

SpeedRunners -- MB-5BDD115E70FE7F31 - Taken by Tizoc. 25 entrants total.
SpeedRunners #2 -- MB-6A0A628DF0DAC18B - Taken by KevMan1815. 10 entrants total.

t1406428215z1.png

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Based on what I understand.
The difference between 20th and 24th St would be 4 streets, not 20th to 30th St.

How are Streets numbered in your area?

Here streets have names and are not numbered, like Madison Blvd or Park Avenue instead of the 1st, the 20th...

Jesus Christ, the hate one can get for a negative review on Steam is stupid. I write one review and this is what happens -_-

Well two of the points are a bit silly. There is no RNG for the first chapter, there are set animation states that are rather easy to look for. And sure, the third chapter has a hidden goal but there is a reason they give you that long.

Of course getting hate messages is silly.

Ventara

Reminder:

Here's a charming little puzzle platformer, which offers challenges for all levels of players. Here's a good review from Steam.

This game is brilliant. It has one main strength that makes it a true gem, but it might be often overlooked: this game has two faces really.

At first glance it seems like a very casual but pleasant puzzle platformer. The levels are fun, they require a little bit of figuring out but nothing too complicated. You can pretty much play through the main 100 levels of this game like that without even realising there's more to it. This makes the game appeal to those gamers who just enjoy to chill out.

But there's a lot more this game is hiding... As you'll find out if you try earning fancier flowers, which requires completing levels within a strict time limit. You'll soon realise that for many levels those basic obvious methods of solving them that you used so far don't really work if you want to be fast enough. You suddenly learn the game has a number of undocumented features... little tricks you can do that may even look like exploits, allowing you to skip parts of the levels... But no! You're actually supposed to do all that! Those tricks aren't easy to pull off and getting good enough times is really challenging. Suddenly the casual chill-out game becomes a test of skill comparable to Super Meat Boy. And if you manage to get through all that too and you think you're done... Nope! Super-hard bonus levels are unlocked. If you manage to 100% this game, you're really really good.

This all makes Offspring Fling a great little game for both casual gamers and the most hardcore players. I'm very positively surprised, because initially when I started playing it, it seemed very generic and not standing out in any way. I saw very simplistic graphics and simple puzzles like in million other flash games published on various websites. I was wrong. I was completely wrong. Please take my word for it and don't get the wrong impression like I did. This game is a true masterpiece.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ventara, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Offspring Fling -- MB-2D7393041471605A - Taken by Fuzzification

AHA-Lambda

Well two of the points are a bit silly. There is no RNG for the first chapter, there are set animation states that are rather easy to look for. And sure, the third chapter has a hidden goal but there is a reason they give you that long.

Of course getting hate messages is silly.

I'd argue that:

The first chapter does have RNG though in the percentage based actions in both security defence and the hack boost. Plus the hostages I certainly found, as I've seen others have too, were unreliable in behaviour; hostages that were shit scared shouldn't be attacking me.

3rd chapter is fair enough but I still found it frustrating first time through as I didn't allow myself enough time to complete part 2 as a result of that.

Damn, i should've bought Speedrunners D:

Try this:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Speedrunners -- MB-0BD7C5C3E81D7FC9 - Taken by WinterDemons. 9 entrants total.

t1406418855z1.png

From before:

ModBot said:
ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Medal of Honor -- MB-44CFA991993A7F08 - Taken by eek5
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-613CAB1DC4A9DD25 - Taken by Majukun
Inversion (US Locked) -- MB-92F3CA4927793C6B
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-8D291FF56A725914 - Taken by Purkake4
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-DD39E9D744206C4B - Taken by fuzzy123
ulgzbKC.png
Livalink (Desura) -- MB-BFCE0C89AFE6D711 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
Major Mayhem (Desura) -- MB-37C69CC1C19F671E - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Yelaxot (Desura) -- MB-F8D3B01EFA6F2E29 - Taken by Jason Frost
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-A802020561DC4ECD
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-CEE56A879A8A89E6
ulgzbKC.png
LAXIUS FORCE I (Desura) -- MB-0BB49F64228FA24C - Taken by Eila
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-68C144C288E0F702
vRvbDCu.png
Cryis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-502E77140627EF00
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-8701EE417AA97986
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-C8EE71420AA12E69
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-16DE8CA6E659EA9B - Taken by didamangi

A textbox always appears when they are panic'd and about to attack. Says something like "I need to run" In the beginning they talk about them getting scared enough to make suicide runs. And there's a very specific pounce animation before they are about to attack.

And for the hack boost I suppose there is some element of chance but it just speeds up the process. And there is a bit of chance with the security but all you have to do is restablish a connection if it gets done.

AHA-Lambda

A textbox always appears when they are panic'd and about to attack. Says something like "I need to run" In the beginning they talk about them getting scared enough to make suicide runs. And there's a very specific pounce animation before they are about to attack.

I've seen both of those, and there were definitely instances were this didn't occur. I can't tell if it was a bug or not but I have read were others have seen it too.

I've seen that, and there were definitely instances were this didn't occur. I can't tell if it was a bug or not but I know others have seen it too.

Even if you don't see the textbox they only run when their hands on their head and they're shaking. Although if they are in the second to last panic state and you execute one of them it will cause a panic dash.

AHA-Lambda

Even if you don't see the textbox they only run when their hands on their head and they're shaking. Although if they are in the second to last panic state and you execute one of them it will cause a panic dash.

That's not what I am saying, I mean that scared hostages would actually come and attack me, not just run away. That shouldn't have been happening.

I'm breaking my brain on the Greatest Detective challenge, but I think I have it almost figured out, that god damn won't get away with it this time. (nb4 avatar qoute)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom