• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rochard -- MB-DCE67189E151BF3A
EvilQuest -- MB-616BADA1B52F6910 - Taken by almostheathen. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Jazz, Trump's Journey (Desura) -- MB-C3E09A4483328E7B
Jolly Rover -- MB-12F25DAA0CCF20D8
BlackSoul Extended Edition -- MB-7072B10A642E2560 - Taken by legacyzero
ulgzbKC.png
CAFE 0 The Drowned Mermaid DELUXE (Desura) -- MB-44B8C0EABA785055
Tales From The Dragon Mountain The Strix -- MB-BFD7650C334C87B8 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
Samphi (Desura) -- MB-800E7FFC2B7FFFC4 - Taken by WinterDemons
Last Dream -- MB-F9B5E9F9C529DB02 - Taken by PunishedSnake
The 7th Guest -- MB-6431BC71DF81D198 - Taken by Speevy
Imagine Me -- MB-8EFB12D2EFAEF0C9 - Taken by FauX
ThreadSpace Hyperbol -- MB-D8EEAC458F090F00

t1406422275z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Corpekata, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Corpekata, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Noir Syndrome -- MB-4502D84EBDC7F9C3 - Taken by Sarcasm. 6 entrants total.

t1406422395z1.png

Altazor

guys - apparently I'm a piece of shit for trading TF2 keys for Steam gifts.

I broke the law. I BROKE THE TERRORISTS LAW.

What a shame :(

As a guy who never enjoyed any racing game outside of Mario Kart. any recommendation for racing games? I was looking at the Dirt series.

I'm really looking forward to the Crew though since its incorporating some teamwork dynamic and open world maps. Thats what I like.
Sonic Racing: Transformed if you want to play a skill-driven twist on the kart formula. Controls may take a little while getting used to, but once they click and once you understand its nuances (with regards to boosting, overall defense, drifting, ...) it becomes thoroughly refreshing take on the formula. Not as accessible as something like Mario Kart in a multiplayer party environment, however.

Skydrift is nifty. Not a whole lot of meat to it, but a decent enough racer with some good ideas.

If you don't mind GFWL, then I recommend FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage if this trailer didn't sell you already. The best of the franchise, quirky mini-games (as seen in the linked trailer), over-the-top destruction and I found it to be much more enjoyable than any of Criterion's recent games.

Blur might also be worth looking into. Not easily gotten for Steam anymore, but it's a different enough take on a racer like Mario Kart without some of the glaring imbalances that they're known for.

Might also be worth keeping an eye out for Next Car Game. Not as pure of a racing game since it also emphasizes destruction derbies and whatnot plus it's still in Early Access, but it's difficult to not have a blast merely by dicking around with how advanced the tech is. Especially with all the toys at your disposal in the Sneak Peak tech demo. Some .gifs from one of the other threads:

11522957475_907a375c2lmjiw.gif
11523133834_6feceff221mkp0.gif
11523415703_e44b309e4xlkrm.gif

11849280864_82dc87fb8e_o.gif

I enjoyed playing Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed. I don't think that it's better than Mario Kart but it's still enjoyable.
MK8 > SASRT > MK7

^^This here nothing but facts.
Transformed could learn a couple of things from Mario Kart 8 (polish and physics in particular), but Transformed made so many improvements that it's hard to make such a claim. It's solid competition for Nintendo and gameplay-wise they should definitely investigate what worked and didn't work out for SUMO in order to eliminate some of Mario Kart's uglier aspects.

Burnout: Takedown is by far the best one in the series: not open world like Paradise, no bumping into "civilians", lots of cars and tracks and custom soundtrack ❤. Shame that Criterion only ported Paradise to PC :(
I hated Takedown and gave up hope on the franchise after it released. Awful soundtrack, constant pandering akin to the modern Call of Duty games, opposing cars crashing with every little nudge or sneeze because SPECTACLE, watered-down Crash Mode (though luckily nowhere near as bad Paradise's pitiful spin-off), none of the tracks stood out for me et cetera. Burnout: Revenge on 360 was the last one I truly enjoyed and is severely underrated.

If I had to rank them, I'd probably go with Revenge > 2 >>>> 3 > Paradise > 1.

Here's a charming little puzzle platformer, which offers challenges for all levels of players. Here's a good review from Steam.
Offspring Fling! is fantastic when gunning for the flowers. Also makes me wish it had a retail version somehow, because its boxart is spiffy:

offspringflingboxartg9jfv.png

-MD-

Might also be worth keeping an eye out for Next Car Game. Not as pure of a racing game since it also emphasizes destruction derbies and whatnot plus it's still in Early Access, but it's difficult to not have a blast merely by dicking around with how advanced the tech is. Especially with all the toys at your disposal in the Sneak Peak tech demo. Some .gifs from one of the other threads:

11522957475_907a375c2lmjiw.gif
11523133834_6feceff221mkp0.gif
11523415703_e44b309e4xlkrm.gif

11849280864_82dc87fb8e_o.gif

I would kill a whole family to get a Twisted Metal game with this level of destruction.

I guess ModBot will be busy tonight *amused*
Here's another spare...

ModBot said:
Instructions for EmergentFocus:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (EmergentFocus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-386E2D5DC24D60B7 - Taken by tioslash. 3 entrants total.

t1406419935z1.png

valouris

Anyone interested in Next Car Game should try Flatout 1 and 2 (skip 3 it's garbage). Stellar games, especially 2, it improved on everything from the original and imho it still is a looker. (there was a re-release with better graphics as well)

pahamrick

By the way, I have 5 applicants for the Great Detective Challenge so far. :p no one else wanna enter? Is the challenge that hard? Lol

I'm breaking my brain on the Greatest Detective challenge, but I think I have it almost figured out, that god damn won't get away with it this time. (nb4 avatar qoute)

Speaking as someone who was overthinking the whole thing, the whole challenge is MUcH easier than it appears. Just think about it logically, walk away it you have to and come back later.

I have to say that people who think that those GIFs made from the TotalBiscuit WTF is... (or whatever) of Deus Ex: The Fall are being woefully mislead.
Video proof that the guns (the ones I've used at least) don't have that ri-do-do-diculous recoil effect:
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/ae9a..._07.26.2014_-_16.26.14.139.mp4.converted.webm
Excuse my poor play when I got flustered adjusting to the controls and wanted some sort of ironsights while out of cover.
Yup, that's what zero_crescente told me on steam. Game is fine, nothing majorly broken anymore and can be enjoyable. Good to hear it from you, too.
Guess I know why I usually don't read other threads than a few OTs http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122776693&postcount=14
Getting insulted for saving a few bucks lol
(It's about buying Steam games from Russia.)
Things I have learned: I am a piece of shit and the verge of banning.
Wonder what kind of despicable being I am for idling for cards.
By the way, I have 5 applicants for the Great Detective Challenge so far. :p no one else wanna enter? Is the challenge that hard? Lol
Didn't have any time to try solving. Pretty sleepy, maybe i'll be too late. But I'd like to solve the riddle myself.

AHA-Lambda

I'm pretty sure you hate yourself.

--

I have to say that people who think that those GIFs made from the TotalBiscuit WTF is... (or whatever) of Deus Ex: The Fall are being woefully mislead.

Video proof that the guns (the ones I've used at least) don't have that ri-do-do-diculous recoil effect:
http://www.mediafire.com/watch/ae9a..._07.26.2014_-_16.26.14.139.mp4.converted.webm

Excuse my poor play when I got flustered adjusting to the controls and wanted some sort of ironsights while out of cover.

to be fair, I played it and I actually will defend DX: The Fall (it really isn't that bad! actually it's pretty decent!!) but I got that weird recoil glitch as well.

taco543

HEY! I'm back, I was off for a couple day because of reasons, but I'm back and this is for you guys!

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for taco543:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (taco543, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light -- MB-2F04B79062F8692D - Taken by BruteUA. 11 entrants total.

t1406420655z1.png

velociraptor

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (velociraptor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Monaco -- MB-480234B02F7EDF08 - Taken by taco543
Like Payday 2? You'll like this.

Kifimbo

Decent game:

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kifimbo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Faerie Solitaire -- MB-2E748D83554E471A - Taken by Rayge. 1 entrants total.

t1406420955z1.png

Probably final repost on this stuff:

ModBot said:
ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (billmcdougal, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Medal of Honor -- MB-44CFA991993A7F08 - Taken by eek5
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-613CAB1DC4A9DD25 - Taken by Majukun
Inversion (US Locked) -- MB-92F3CA4927793C6B
War of the Roses: Kingmaker -- MB-8D291FF56A725914 - Taken by Purkake4
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-DD39E9D744206C4B - Taken by fuzzy123
ulgzbKC.png
Livalink (Desura) -- MB-BFCE0C89AFE6D711 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
Major Mayhem (Desura) -- MB-37C69CC1C19F671E - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Yelaxot (Desura) -- MB-F8D3B01EFA6F2E29 - Taken by Jason Frost
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-A802020561DC4ECD
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-CEE56A879A8A89E6
ulgzbKC.png
LAXIUS FORCE I (Desura) -- MB-0BB49F64228FA24C - Taken by Eila

vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-68C144C288E0F702
vRvbDCu.png
Cryis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-502E77140627EF00
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-8701EE417AA97986
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-C8EE71420AA12E69
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-16DE8CA6E659EA9B - Taken by didamangi

saunderez

As I said in that thread, I got Dead Rising 3, Witcher 3 and Divinity OS all for $60 via Key Trading.
I REGRET NOTHING!
Either do I. Australian pricing on digital games is bullshit, regional distributors need to actually compete and realise they'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar. I'll buy from a trader every time. I will not be gouged, I'll just wait for a sale if they try (see Wolfenstein: New World Order). I'm a bit concerned about GMGs list price of $90 for Civ:BE AU, it's gonna hurt if I can't get it elsewhere for cheaper but I'll wait.

Speaking as someone who was overthinking the whole thing, the whole challenge is MUcH easier than it appears. Just think about it logically, walk away it you have to and come back later.

Yeah I think I got it now, just had to start over and think it out, not 100% sure I know who the true Joker is though, seems you could reason it in a few different ways.

NotSelf

Just finished Claire a very visually beautiful game you can tell each room was given special love attention really enjoyed exploring, never once I felt like I was looking at the same thing.

Would like to write more but really I suck at it anyway I think Dusk Golem did fantastic write up it's probably best if you listen to him or her.

And yes I would recommend it if that means anything.

Peace all:)

Copons

Rule #1: don't go out drinking in the middle of a Mad Men marathon.

Rule #2: in that case avoid whiskey.

Rule #3: dsgh kgdsh dgshdsgbgb ds klsdg

Hello SteamGADFSFSAF how you doin?

here are some more gamz

ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:

I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (arts&crafts, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Explodemon -- MB-76338FEE5F678A15 - Taken by FauX
Bionic Dues -- MB-3B75234415687196
Savant Ascent -- MB-EA09FDEA7E4D7A40 - Taken by JawesomeJaw
Deadly 30 -- MB-8EF0ED28E6FBE390 - Taken by Bonfires Down
The Journey Down: Chapter -- MB-F13170019A21C573
Pinapple Smash Crew -- MB-A576CC3ECD842176 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Iron Grip: Warlord -- MB-9C67C1960231C92D
SOL Exodus -- MB-4C70997533195337 - Taken by Servizio
The Tiny Bang Story -- MB-4899D39B211AB1B3 - Taken by taco543
Volt -- MB-D26DC4E2E212E3E8
Time Gentlemen Please - Ben There, Dan That -- MB-8A3E5A190E4FD84D
Trauma -- MB-47AE3FD661F59E18