• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

What terrorist law? Why is sub-zero leaving gaf? I'm so out of the loop.

Last thing I remember was Sub-Zero winning his own giveaway.

I'm not privy to the details of that SubZero story either, but the terrorists (not terrorist!) law is a joke from this thread. A poster on there said it was illegal and against the law to purchase anything out of region and someone else joked that it was against the "terrorists law". It reminded me of "Doom: Repercussions of Evil" and here we are, engaged in this postmodern discussion.

Altazor

I'm not privy to the details of that SubZero story either, but the terrorists (not terrorist!) law is a joke from this thread. A poster on there said it was illegal and against the law to purchase anything out of region and someone else joked that it was against the "terrorists law". It reminded me of "Doom: Repercussions of Evil" and here we are, engaged in this postmodern discussion.

"the terrorists law" is from A LEGENDARY THREAD. That OP is golden.

Locust

None of these were taken. I don't know what you've heard, but I can assure you they are all safe and legal.

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Locust, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Making History: The Calm & The Storm -- MB-101FDF682A3DE884
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-C3F7B405AEB7647B - Taken by AudioFenix
Inversion (US region lock) -- MB-D2D30DF3AE03A88E - Taken by morningbus. 4 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (Origin) -- MB-5886C8D19CF5BF83 - Taken by Valkrai. 3 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-B279FD64229997EB - Taken by Roboleon. 3 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-3A010E6B0845DF39 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-FAA3B8ABB6EECF07 - Taken by Shadownet. 3 entrants total.
Arena Wars 2 -- MB-78673230077B6081
Pid -- MB-5FC0961B98B238E0
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-862A721F7BE2A31A - Taken by cyrok. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Red Alert 3: Uprising (Origin) -- MB-3EE13A75FE1310B8
Gravi -- MB-BE6C3DFA4E7A7979 - Taken by fernandes
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-278B4603BED6D530 - Taken by Groupthink
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-0CFF82D8588023EF - Taken by redlacs
xheRJRF.gif
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta -- MB-8AE65F2EC2BA4AF6 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 1 entrants total.
Kings Bounty: The Legend -- MB-C67591700231B55F
Necrovision -- MB-FEC4935358152325 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Red Alert 3: Uprising -- MB-98AC03263C3C9304 - Taken by aku:jiki. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-95CE7974D6B81A1B
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror -- MB-4CB919E4A5588448
The Maw -- MB-EC5995C4FD90B82F
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-E15F1D794D262BE8 - Taken by NEO0MJ
Little Racers Street -- MB-7900E7A079095971 - Taken by fuzzy123
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-D5020164B2897FA4 - Taken by Egamer. 6 entrants total.
Major Mayhem -- MB-C899DD10C072B68E - Taken by Vazduh
Subject 9 -- MB-81BE438BA9BCA042 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 1 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-81047B0E4D05D8C1 - Taken by Altazor. 3 entrants total.
Angvik -- MB-A27CD3832DD90E0F
Paranormal -- MB-16ACAF203AC2208E - Taken by Ozium. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-2018EEC2B496DCC8 - Taken by anastef

Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon -- MB-6BBCC61BA885187F - Taken by dream. 5 entrants total.
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-397F7A26D32EF70C - Taken by City 17. 2 entrants total.

t1406427976z1.png

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I bought $50 to spend on cs go keys, because wii sports club was terrible and I traded it in immediatley. I feel like this will be the last one i do this year
if i don't get a knife

Rudakus

I know it has been said before but that Speedrunners game is addictive as hell. Do yourself a favor and if you don't have it go pick it up from bundlestars on the cheap.

MadGear

Man, I have no idea what I'm doing in DOTA. I just explode and have no idea why.

Dota is a real tough game to get into and almost impossible to understand by just playing it. If you want to get into this game, you must spent time outside of the game and read or watch videos explaining some of the non-intuitive basics (i know that there is a tutorial now, but i doubt that this is sufficient). You'll have a much better start learning the game when you know about a few things before trying to execute "big plays", which are guaranteed to fail anyway :D

Deitus

Dota is a real tough game to get into and almost impossible to understand by just playing it. If you want to get into this game, you must spent time outside of the game and read or watch videos explaining some of the non-intuitive basics (i know that there is a tutorial now, but i doubt that this is sufficient). You'll have a much better start learning the game when you know about a few things before trying to execute "big plays", which are guaranteed to fail anyway :D

Sure. I've actually played a lot LoL, so I'm pretty familiar with what it takes to get into this sort of game. And honestly, I'm not really willing to invest that amount of time to do it again.

But we were just playing a casual GAF game, with no expectations that anyone was good (although some were). It's just amusing to me how I have a pretty good grasp on the basics, but since I don't know what any of the Heroes or items do, I just wander around wondering what to do until I get instagibbed.

pahamrick

Modbot is going to grace me with Dead Rising 3 from Shadow's Mega Birthday Bash giveaway, so my Batman challenge drawing is never shown to the public. I have faith.

I'm also on my pain meds, I should probably stop posting for awhile before things get incoherent (more so than usual.).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of H1PSTER, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (H1PSTER, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

SpeedRunners #2 -- MB-5BDD115E70FE7F31 - Taken by Tizoc. 25 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-6A0A628DF0DAC18B - Taken by KevMan1815. 10 entrants total.

t1406428215z1.png

oipic

I started playing Divinity: Original Sin yesterday and I just said "eh, fuck it" and decided to roll with a Battlemage (M) and a Fighter (F). Maybe I completely screwed up and should've spent more time in the character creation screen but I was tired and wanted to PLAY it :p

Any recommended builds for a noob, SteamGAFfers?

After a lot of fussing about and over-analysing, I eventually rolled with this:

- a sneaky thieving lock-picking archer/ranger woman, with a focus on high perception

- a highly-intelligent fire/earth wizard, who talks to animals and provides leadership and charisma

Too early to say whether I'll eventually regret these choices or not, though.

new page reminder

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Deponia: The Complete Journey -- MB-564DD71A015AB82D - Taken by r3n4ud. 26 entrants total.

t1406427375z1.png

Copons

I can imagine a drunken cat slamming its paws onto a keyboard right now :p

Lemme tell you, it may or may not be because of buggy netcode, but I won a race 3-0, and there actually was Dunder playing.

So, hell.

Next time I'm drunk on old fashioned, I'm going to the Dota International or something.

Altazor

After a lot of fussing about and over-analysing, I eventually rolled with this:

- a sneaky thieving lock-picking archer/ranger woman, with a focus on high perception

- a highly-intelligent fire/earth wizard, who talks to animals and provides leadership and charisma

Too early to say whether I'll eventually regret these choices or not, though.

thanks for the reply! I'll have those in mind if I decide to roll different characters and start all over again.

Fantasy turn-based strategy showdown!

ModBot said:
Instructions for EmergentFocus:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (EmergentFocus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Warlock -- MB-5E664638B1F9BC9F - Taken by Capt.Haddock. 6 entrants total.
Eador: Masters of the Broken World -- MB-83AAEB9A69C55DB1 - Taken by BernardoOne. 1 entrants total.

t1406425815z1.png

EDIT: Incidentally, it's the FIRST Warlock game. Not sure why ModBot thinks it's the sequel.

saunderez

Modbot is going to grace me with Dead Rising 3 from Shadow's Mega Birthday Bash giveaway, so my Batman challenge drawing is never shown to the public. I have faith.
I finally bought a copy and will no longer be entering each and every raffle so I'm one less competitor so...Good luck! After entering what felt like hundreds of Witcher 3 raffles I've resigned to the fact I'm too unlucky to win these big games and should probably just buy them while the traders still have cheap copies.

Yeah, I am shocked to see NONE of those taken. Throttles and the PIF rule might be preventing everyone from grabbing keys.

Yeah I'm not grabbing any +1s until Shadows raffle is over. Sorry guys, I'd love to take your junk but I wanna win a big title for once.

It's just amusing to me how I have a pretty good grasp on the basics, but since I don't know what any of the Heroes or items do, I just wander around wondering what to do until I get instagibbed.

No, seriously, for me to have any chance I'll have to learn another full item list and memorize the abilities of 100 new heroes.

That's a lot of time and memory investment when I'm already pretty good at League.

Shadownet

Banned
I was going to enter but i don't understand American street numbering, so the challenge is kinda lost on me.

Some streets in the US arent names but by numbers.

aka. 1st street, 2nd street, 3rd street,....55th street. etc.

:) its not that had.

----------------------

we need 2 more people for DOTA 2! PM huggie on steam if you wanna play! or Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom