• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repost from earlier in the day.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MulderWasTaken, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

A.I.M.2 Clan Wars -- MB-A4827A4FF1C2327D - Taken by Aitor
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-56A6FC6482335F9D - Taken by tylergregg

Shade

Stuff! Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shade, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Men of War Assault Squad -- MB-3BB5C1F1910CD062 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 1 entrants total.
Painkiller Recurring Evil -- MB-D55B81B74CF9E800 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 3 entrants total.
Theatre of war -- MB-4E161AF21DD2EB57 - Taken by nja. 1 entrants total.
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-84A1AEFB82A403DC - Taken by iosefe. 2 entrants total.
tower wars -- MB-7491A89612B18F25 - Taken by Hugstable. 1 entrants total.
Painkiller Redemption -- MB-A8BF5E7515A2A05B - Taken by Ezalc. 2 entrants total.
Theatre of War 2 Africa 1943 -- MB-1A7E5495E4DB77C8 - Taken by Uzzy. 1 entrants total.
dead pixels -- MB-BC7360FF5BB31838 - Taken by Sharkiller. 4 entrants total.
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-33DF965997A2C12D - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
sword of the stars the pit -- MB-563D89CBC6C7A5EE - Taken by itschris. 1 entrants total.

t1406424555z1.png

Jawmuncher

My revenge against panda taking a tourney spot from me earlier wasn't as delicious as I had hoped.

Also this net code is so good again I'm
On the floor in awe.

Sure hope I did this right again

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (doctorcdcs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Toki Tori -- MB-0A19BA67C90D6D56
Foreign Legion Buckets of Blood -- MB-83BB81C629CD51CB
Offspring Fling -- MB-B09F21ED15622818 - Taken by ReduxMachine. 1 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-A30D4D76856EB0C2 - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 2 entrants total.
Sniper Elite V2 -- MB-828F803AC4DDB078 - Taken by MrTeachwell. 4 entrants total.

t1406426475z1.png

Nuveem's sale is over but Borderlands 1 Goty is still available at a discount for 4€
Not many people are playing it though, so I don't know if I should buy as I am mainly interested in coop. I also own Borderlands 2 but I hear the story is way better in the first one.
Any advice from players?

Indeed - as a study of ModBot usage behaviour, Shadow's dual giveaway extravaganza has provided some great research material.

Heh. It certainly encouraged me to get off my backside at last and look through my treasure trove / manure pile of spare bundle keys - something I'd been meaning to do for ages. Though, to be honest, at this stage I'm more concerned about passing the lurker requirements than anything else ;)

Turfster

Nuveem's sale is over but Borderlands 1 Goty is still available at a discount for 4€
Not many people are playing it though, so I don't know if I should buy as I am mainly interested in coop. I also own Borderlands 2 but I hear the story is way better in the first one.
Any advice from players?

They're both pretty meh.
Avoid unless you really like picking up 50 billion weapons that are all exactly the same apart from a few stats that are either + or - a few points.

rtcn63

Shadownet's contest is responsible for ruining the first few matches in tonight's UFC card for me. I hate math. I hate people who use it. This isn't apartheid South Africa.

Shadownet

Banned
Shadownet's contest is responsible for ruining the first few matches in tonight's UFC card for me. I hate math. I hate people who use it. This isn't apartheid South Africa.

It's not called Greatest Detective Challenge for nothing :p it's not for the faint of heart. lol

After a lot of fussing about and over-analysing, I eventually rolled with this:

- a sneaky thieving lock-picking archer/ranger woman, with a focus on high perception

- a highly-intelligent fire/earth wizard, who talks to animals and provides leadership and charisma

Too early to say whether I'll eventually regret these choices or not, though.
Lock picking is not particularly useful in this game, usually there is a key for the lock somewhere, bashing the door down is also faster.
yes, so everyone can see my knife that i will totally get
You mean Five SeveNs?

Altazor

Lock picking is not particularly useful in this game, usually there is a key for the lock somewhere, bashing the door down is also faster.

duly noted, though I assumed that only happened in the first dungeon because... well, it's the first dungeon, it's supposed to be a tutorial. I assume the same happens later in the game, then?

duly noted, though I assumed that only happened in the first dungeon because... well, it's the first dungeon, it's supposed to be a tutorial. I assume the same happens later in the game, then?
The unbreakable doors are usually plot related, and the keys' locations are usually in somewhere you couldn't have missed. Crossbow is the best way to break stuff, but it degrades very fast, so have your blacksmith ready.

Hate it so much. I keep telling my gf that fighting games on Steam are fine, and everyone should play on it. But I guess not.

Maybe the netcode will be better for Ultra?

The irony? The netcode on PC performed pretty well... before the steamworks patch.

Altazor

The unbreakable doors are usually plot related, and the keys' locations are usually in somewhere you couldn't have missed. Crossbow is the best way to break stuff, but it degrades very fast, so have your blacksmith ready.

thanks!

Also, RIP in peace Ravelord Neato, you'll be missed in SteamGAF

pouroneformyhomies.jpg

Death by chubigans

ModBot said:
Instructions for EmergentFocus:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (EmergentFocus, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Serve Delicious Cooks! -- MB-14FAD0D2B472E15E - Taken by Chocobro. 4 entrants total.

t1406427975z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom