• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

Just had a lot of fun in Destiny with Huggie and Phoenix. even if we sucked. :p

Got back from the doctor.

Look like they'll need to cut me open in 2 places. welp fun.

Aww crap, what for? I told you you should rest and play it safe, but you kept insisting you were completely fine. I hope this isn't anything major.

Your Olympic dreams are shattered!

Shadownet

Banned
Aww crap, what for? I told you you should rest and play it safe, but you kept insisting you were completely fine. I hope this isn't anything major.

Your Olympic dreams are shattered!

They told me as long as I dont try to do mud wrestling or anything of the sort i'll be fine :p sitting in front of a computer wont do me any worst than I already am.

pschh.. my dream is still living on.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Need to get Twitch downloaded on my phone so I can snag peeks at the Dora 2 finals tomorrow at work.

Dora-image_031.gif

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

BioShock -- MB-DCA539C686439754 - Taken by Buzzbrad

t1405899452z1.png

i like tacos

Me this morning: "Sunday! Day of rest, i'll just play Terraria for a couple of hours......"

Aaaaaaaaaaand it's now gone past midnight.

I'm going to reclaim all of my stuff if it kills me.

MRORANGE

So people were talking about cheap streaming I pitons, limelight might be the cheapest if you have a nvidia 600/700 card

Also Enemy is a fantastic film, also check out prisoners - same director.

Madridy

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madridy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-4FE39BB1FC76DEF6 - Taken by KevMan1815. 11 entrants total.
Toy Soldiers -- MB-441693091FC04C35 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 9 entrants total.
DEADLIGHT -- MB-40A8C381931C24E4 - Taken by eek5. 23 entrants total.

t1405909893z1.png

Goodluck all.

Grief.exe

So people were talking about cheap streaming I pitons, limelight might be the cheapest if you have a nvidia 600/700 card.

Something to test out when I, hopefully, upgrade to an 800 series card this fall. Something like the FireTV or Roku, I personally have the former, would make perfect in-home streaming boxes if Valve ever decides to support ARM.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Madridy I assume your giveaway is not Toy Soldiers Complete but just regular old Toy Soldiers, and modbot cant tell the difference?

Anustart

I should have picked up doom 3, I really liked it back in the day. In other news, my girl is doing school work on the computer so I'm stuck here with you people.

Hugstable

Banned
It is. You should read the kickstarter page (with the updates) there is so much love in that game.

I need to start paying attention to more of these kickstarters. Just today I learned that the new Shantae was a kickstarter and now this awesomeness, so many games I would've atleast given some money too. (Wasn't always sure about kickstarter from the few bad stories I've heard)

dani_dc

I need to start paying attention to more of these kickstarters. Just today I learned that the new Shantae was a kickstarter and now this awesomeness, so many games I would've atleast given some money too. (Wasn't always sure about kickstarter from the few bad stories I've heard)

You can still get the Shantae kickstarter goodies via their website with paypal, though at this point it's basically just pre-ordering the game.

Deponia time!!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Deponia: The complete Journey -- MB-5596E4C6C4077D77 - Taken by Mono. 52 entrants total.

t1405910373z1.png

Chariot

I mostly invest in kickstarters that have a thread on GAF were people may know about the developers (or makers for non game projects). GAF has me yet to fail with dedicated kickstarter threads with positive response :D
Kick me if there was actually a positive yogventure thread.

MRORANGE

I haven't really explained this to newcomers after the Steam Sale, but I would appreciate if you had a quick look at the OP and realize how these recommendations get submitted and how you can help out:

cK5LaD7.png
Steam Game Recommendations for August (New releases on Steam)

• Every month gaffers talk about what games should be on your radar for the upcoming month by submitting mini recommendations.
  • Check the OP to see games were highlighted by our members for this month to get an idea.

Rules:
  • 1. Choose a game that you think is worth watching out for in August that is on Steam.
  • 2. Write about it, 60+ words would be great, feel free to go over it.
  • 3. Send me a PM with what you have written before the deadline: 30th July

Games / Gaffers:
Residue - BinaryPork2737
Ultra Street Fighter - MRORANGE
Shadowgate - Hugstable
Metro Last Light Redux - Demon Lizardman
Shelter 2 - Yrael
Hatoful Boyfriend - BinaryPork2737

Games you could recommend for next month that have not been taken:
Recruits
ss_7e19eff3dd502b864eb16303e0cd7c93f9d80414.1920x1080.jpg

Sacred 3
ss_c74b690bd486cd687dfe69c0201292cb592aa3fd.1920x1080.jpg

Project Cyber
ss_7dd92fb81b594b079ce3323328905ed3d1d30552.1920x1080.jpg

Road Not Taken
ss_aed38c7c4aba55ca0253c28d2c46555b7683687b.1920x1080.jpg

Risen 3 - Titan Lords
ss_0b26a30a0d9d1b64a16fb5e00d83ded157b4384a.1920x1080.jpg

Dollhouse: Room 1313
ss_bc134c1cfaa7f81aaf89b3dadc1c0c33c685580a.1920x1080.jpg
(REMEMBER! SEND A PM!)

Those are just a few games, you can do others as long as they are not taken by other gaffers, if you have any questions send a PM, thanks.​

-MD-

I mean I like collect-a-thons, but aren't the Banjo games considered notoriously bad examples of them, like going overboard.

Banjo-Kazooie was on point with the collecting, It was Donkey Kong 64 and to a lesser extent Banjo-Tooie where people thought the collecting was getting out of hand.

Ryne

It's really not hard to talk myself out of buying Sacred 3, it is looking pretty basic.

Risen will end up in my wishlist once I get past the other two games in my backlog.

Rhaknar

Trying to gift JaseC is a futile effort.

It's actually quite easy to gift the Koalaking, because all that matters to him is him not owning it, where in other cases you have to worry about at least a little quality (hopefully)

or you can be me and get gifted 4PM, which after playing it, I now wonder if it was a gift of hatred >_>

iosefe

question for you with Kerbal space Program. first, have you played today? landed on the Mun?

and two, got an cool ships that i can try out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom