• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could probably get rid of the pistol, really not needed with the TMP and shotgun. The only thing is the Red9 will one shot enemies after you upgrade it which is pretty useful as like you said there is a lot of ammo for it. Becomes a mini-revolver.

Just depends on how you play, if you use melee keep the TMP. Although realistically you should be able ot have all of that at once, I always did by that point. Are you getting the case upgrades?

I do. Have the XL case. Have lots of herbs, couple of grenades, could fit in the TMP with stock. Main problem is not being able to combine the ammos. That can take up lots of space with all the different weapons.

Enco

That feel when the games you spent the least on you played the most.

1. Dota 2 - 812 hours (free)
2. GMod - 121 hours (very cheap)
3. TF2 - 36 hours (free)
4. Mount+Blade - 27 hours (free)

Not an exact rule but pretty funny.

My least bang for buck games:

1. DayZ - 2 hours ($11.48 per hour)
2. Rogue Legacy - 1.27 hours ($5.90 per hour)
3. Euro Truck Sim 2 - 1 hour ($5.95 per hour)

:lol DayZ biggest regret in the past year

lol went ahead and rebought the TMP but also kept the Red9 with some upgrades. Having ammo problems with Broken Butterfly, the rifle and the Striker atm. No time to think about management, need to use weapons which I have lots of ammos for.

Congrats, all!
This is extremely generous of you.

Seems I was the only one with a hand drawn entry

Serves me right that I read everything in the logic puzzle carefully, but neglect to read "take your time on the art and don't rush it" before it was too late. Last place, baby! Whoo!

You could have given me a week and I probably couldn't have done better on the art

lol went ahead and rebought the TMP but also kept the Red9 with some upgrades. Having ammo problems with Broken Butterfly, the rifle and the Striker atm. No time to think about management, need to use weapons which I have lots of ammos for.

More magnum ammo starts showing up later, I only ever use it on bosses.

$19.99 should mean 399 Russiabucks, in which case, factoring in the 15% discount, you're looking at $10/$10.50 or 5/5.5 keys.
Is it not going to show up for purchase until launch?

rtcn63

Great contest, LOT of winners, but I'm probably never entering anything art-related again. :D I can't draw, don't have the equipment or the experience. I'll stick to raffles, where the untalented stand a chance.

iosefe

Serves me right that I read everything in the logic puzzle carefully, but neglect to read "take your time on the art and don't rush it" before it was too late. Last place, baby! Whoo!

You could have given me a week and I probably couldn't have done better on the art

i probably should have gone over mine in an editing program.

and nice to know i wasn't the only one with a Riddler vibe

Enco

Kayne and Lynch 2 crashes after I press Enter at the start.

Would be pretty mad if I paid for it. Plenty of people have the same issue it seems.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kayne and Lynch 2 crashes after I press Enter at the start.

Would be pretty mad if I paid for it. Plenty of people have the same issue it seems.

Amusingly enough the only sure-fire fix seems to be running the game in Offline Mode. Even though shared libraries are disabled in OM, switching to it and running the game directly from the executable in steamapps\common\Kane & Lynch 2 - Dog Days may work as in the past this allowed people to continue playing Free Weekend games even after the free period.

iosefe

Amusingly enough the only sure-fire fix seems to be running the game in Offline Mode. Even though shared libraries are disabled in OM, switching to it and running the game directly from the executable in steamapps\common\Kane & Lynch 2 - Dog Days may work as in the past this allowed people to continue playing Free Weekend games even after the free period.

i remember when it was the saints row 4 weekend i just left the game running.kept at it for another day or two

Hugstable

Banned
smh should of just saved your money. Even the waifu skins can't save this game.

Just save your money >_>

Lol I didn't even buy it, I see it's free weekend so I might give it a shot later. Never played Ace Combat before so I don't really know what to expect.

JakeD

sorry guys, i goofed yesterday and managed to win two Humble Indie Bundles 2. i entered a long raffle (thanks Shadownet) and before that raffle ended, i won one from ricochetguro (thanks ricochetguro) i nuked the second one and resubmitted:

Courtesy of Shadownet
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not me because i'm a dumbass, via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Humble Indie Bundle #2 (Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans) -- MB-B512E9E10B41AB97 - Taken by crazyrabbits

Enco

:lol

Don't get how the devs have left this problem for years. Kinda mind blowing.

JaseC

:lol

Don't get how the devs have left this problem for years. Kinda mind blowing.

I continued reading through the thread and someone said that he finally received a rather blunt response from IO stating that the Kane & Lynch team has moved on to other projects and so the bug is unlikely to ever be fixed. The post is dated two years ago now (rounding up a few days), so, yeah, file it under "Never gonna happen".

Speaking of K&L2, though, I've discovered that the Doggie Bag DLC sub also contains the Radio Tower DLC. I'll have to remember to pick it up when it goes on sale again.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Ace Combat has mainly negative reviews on the Steam homepage but as a newcomer to the series, will i still enjoy it?
It becomes pure tedium at the two hour point when you realize there is little down time and the action is overwhelming. I'm pretty sure I had killed about 2000 people when I quit at that point.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So guys, how about that new Chivalry update? Never before have I seen a game that had "Fixed performance issues with the new HUD" in patch notes ever.

While it looks really nice, I don't understand how Torn Banner consistently makes the game run worse with each patch. Reminds me of when I had crazy issues with Team Fortress 2, each patch made the game run worse and worse.

(Until I disvoreded GCFDefrag, then everything was nice and then Valve changed the file structure and then it never was an issue)

Edit: Fuck yeah new page.

It's sad when devs ditch a game in a known broken state.

Will be sure never to support anyone who pulls that.

I wonder if Telltalegames still have the bugs they had at release. I remember when I played Back to the future and Walking Dead last year, there was still a widely known savegamebug in Walking Dead and a bug that wont let you proceed in Back to the future.

Enco

So guys, how about that new Chivalry update? Never before have I seen a game that had "Fixed performance issues with the new HUD" in patch notes ever.

While it looks really nice, I don't understand how Torn Banner consistently makes the game run worse with each patch. Reminds me of when I had crazy issues with Team Fortress 2, each patch made the game run worse and worse.

(Until I disvoreded GCFDefrag, then everything was nice and then Valve changed the file structure and then it never was an issue)

Haven't played Chivalry in a long time but I remember when it was first out. HUD was a damn mess.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

It's actually running a bit better for me I think. Or at least the same level. I'm falling back in love with the game.

JaseC

I wonder if Telltalegames still have the bugs they had at release. I remember when I played Back to the future and Walking Dead last year, there was still a widely known savegamebug in Walking Dead and a bug that wont let you proceed in Back to the future.

Yep. Jurassic Park:
So unplugging my wired xbox 360 controller should do the trick? I'll try it now.Holy Poo balls!!! It worked unplugging the xbox controller from the computer made it work!!!

The Wolf Among Us:
as mentionned above, my controller (an Xbox controller) was plugged so my game wasn't starting, unplugging it at launch solved the problem for me, good luck guys

Telltale's post-release support is just abysmal.

Teppic

Satazius is a pretty fun Gradius clone. A bit easier too and I like that. It let's you continue in the middle of a stage even after you get a game over. I made it to stage 5, and that's a bit farther than my usual stage 2. Music is ear torture. Thank god for the Konami Shooting Collection sondtrack you can put in the background instead.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It's actually running a bit better for me I think. Or at least the same level. I'm falling back in love with the game.

It's weird, on the forums, a dude with an I7 said the game was a mess and another guy with an I3 said it ran much better. So damn weird. If they can pay as much attention to optimizing the engine as they put on the HUD I'd be happy. The new HUD is super sexy.

Edit: Playing some more, they seem to have fucked everything up since last patch. It's incredibly hard to judge the range of your weapons all of a sudden. And swings going righ through dudes still happens. And attacking a guys exposed back somehow counts as you hitting the shield..so much dumb bs.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Strife Closed Beta Key -- MB-A7D4F54316801C2C
You have to redeem it on https://strife.com/login#create

t1406467156z1.png

Jawmuncher

Jurassic Park the game can run on windows 8 just fine. But it does require a bit of work to get to that point. Did it last year but now don't recall exactly what I did.

I'm of course talking about the. 360 issue not bring the case . Buy then again that might have been it.

So i had alot of fun playing Dota 2 with the GAF group last night ( ran into wife/in-laws aggro out of the blue so was only able to play one game).

Dota is absolutely nuts. I thought i had some basics down but everything just falls apart almost immediately. I think what is most intimidating thing is the amount of time you need to invest just to 'learn' the game ( who to pick, who are you going up against, what items to buy - not even taking into consideration learning the hotkeys).

I am determined to learn though, so if anyone is willing to take a noob under their wings to learn this i will find the time to get better.

In any case, i enjoyed saturday night playnight with the GAF group.

Welp.

Time to add Telltale to the no buy list.
Yeah, telltale post launch support is nonexistant, they just don't care at all about consumers, as long as they got your money they won't bother fixing the game, which sucks because some of their games are great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
dat panty shot when Ashley gets out of containers, no wonder you people like RE4 more than RE5
image.php

Double

It's over, it's finally over.

I'm gonna need some time to collect my thoughts on the whole, but I will say I have come to appreciate it a lot more than I first did. There are still plenty of game design no-nos that weren't acceptable from the minute Sierra stopped making adventure games. Some of these could be fixed by the devs if they found the time. But by the time I finished GWBW I was kinda glad I stuck through it.
So curiosity, did you play it on normal or easy?

Strider

Dota is absolutely nuts. I thought i had some basics down but everything just falls apart almost immediately. I think what is most intimidating thing is the amount of time you need to invest just to 'learn' the game ( who to pick, who are you going up against, what items to buy - not even taking into consideration learning the hotkeys).

I am determined to learn though, so if anyone is willing to take a noob under their wings to learn this i will find the time to get better. .

Yea it takes a long time to learn all of the items and all of the heroes... But there is no game out there that feels more rewarding once it clicks and you start doing well. When I was learning I just read up on the dota wiki whenever I didn't understand an item's use or if I wanted to try out a new hero. It really helps to know what their abilities do exacty and what items they typically use ahead of time. Play a few games vs bots first too as it's more easy going and you can pause freely if you want to take the time to read an item's/hero ability's description.

_hekk05

Banned
I am determined to learn though, so if anyone is willing to take a noob under their wings to learn this i will find the time to get better.

In any case, i enjoyed saturday night playnight with the GAF group.

The last time I coached gaf i spent half the game telling huguustable not be cray cray

Dota 2 is actually pretty simple to learn. Its remembering what you're told, and making correct decisions that is hard.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Beardy McCentipede was easy, looked awesome tho

just got to the castle, how far into it am I?

Hugstable

Banned
The last time I coached gaf i spent half the game telling huguustable not be cray cray

Dota 2 is actually pretty simple to learn. Its remembering what you're told, and making correct decisions that is hard.

<3 that was a fun game! I did better yesterday when I played as Sven ha.

_hekk05

Banned
<3 that was a fun game! I did better yesterday when I played as Sven ha.

Probably because sven is supposed to be up close and personal, plus he has more hp and his stun is reliable. Mana management though... huehuehue

I'll be in the US soon, then I can play with US gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom