• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
oh, good, third season of TWD from Telltale confirmed.
How about more Fables, guys?

oh god, no ... why? even the second one is already pushing it ... and I'm more or less bored of it already ... why the third one? WHY? O_O

mrgone

Gz9DAFV.gif

And with Game of Thrones on the horizon I can't see them focusing on lesser known IPs. I hope for a second season, though.
They are also doing Borderlands, that's 4 IPs, not sure they can do a yearly season of all of them, unless they do 3 episodes instead of 5 per season.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
Bioshock still up, and these two too:

Redshirt -- MB-3AD2A946720AA73C - Taken by Sub Zero
Legends of Dawn -- MB-0CC661C5333E88E1 - Taken by Lomax. 5 entrants total.

ModBot said:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Driw3r, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock -- MB-CC8A8F5F0A9CA470 - Taken by Axass. 2 entrants total.

t1406415615z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Because people go bugfuck for zombies apparently, and 'everyone' loves the shitty TV series.

I don't mind zombies, at all .... but this particular game could've very well ended after the first season .... I really did enjoy the first one ... but then when I started playing Season 2 ... I don't know, I just kinda got bored of it after the first 2 episodes and now I'm pretty much playing it just because I don't want to stop in the middle

as for the TV show - HOLY COW is it boooooring ... I barely made it through the second season and then just gave up altogether ... the only TV/game series that managed to make zombies boring as fuck

I know, I know ... but holy crap - I swear, if they don't make another season of TWAU - I'm gonna be PISSED :[

...I wish they'd make a Sam & Max Season 4... I don't really like their recent output (I'm still going to buy tales from the borderlands)

THIS!!!! another season of Sam & Max would be AWESOME ... hell - I'd even take another season of Monkey Island (or better yet - Back to the Future!!!!!!) over YET ANOTHER season of TWD

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
...I wish they'd make a Sam & Max Season 4... I don't really like their recent output (I'm still going to buy tales from the borderlands)

If anything, the Sam & Max games will likely follow the Wallace & Gromit titles to the digital grave in the (relatively) near future.

Caerith

That's called "being part of the problem." TWD and TWAU at least draw from interesting IPs. The only thing interesting about Borderlands is CodeHunters.

Dr Dogg

Or maybe it's to sucker in the +1ers. I mean it used to be +5 or more to the game count on some titles.

If anything, the Sam & Max games will likely follow the Wallace & Gromit titles to the digital grave in the (relatively) near future.

Time for TellTale to start using Steamworks keys everywhere. They have always had a good retail presence and even done collectors tat editions too.

The only thing interesting about Borderlands is CodeHunters.

Hahaha I can't believe that happened and it's not a bloody coincidence either.

Telltale games are only really playable on mobile devices imo. I couldn't even make it through TWD season 1 on pc, but I've played all the available chapters on my Nexus 5. Amusingly enough, the lack of interactivity actually benefits the game when you play it on a phone.

Anteater

Speaking of dinosaurs i kind of legitimately want to see dinosaurs with feathers, I think they could still be threatening and also really cool, being in a video game you know you're going to burn them down with fire and shit and it'd look fucking awesome.

Caerith

No. That's called "I like Borderlands as a whole and I sincerely want to play their take on the series".

Huh. Well, as long as you enjoy it.

Personally, if asked the question, "Which FPS would you most like to see turned into an episodic visual novel?" I would have chosen Wolfenstein TNO or Counter-strike.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of dinosaurs i kind of legitimately want to see dinosaurs with feathers, I think they could still be threatening and also really cool, being in a video game you know you're going to burn them down with fire and shit and it'd look fucking awesome.

Dino Crisis 4: Feathered Boogaloo.

Jawmuncher

Yep plenty of dinosaurs still look damn scary with feathers. Guess devs just don't want to do the work.

dot

I finally got around to looking at the drawings for Shadow's contest. Wow, Pfantzy's and Yrael's were awesome!

I had a good laugh from all the other ones too. Great job guys. :)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
A couple of friends came home last night and we played a bunch of games. One of those was SpeedRunners, which coincidentally was the first time I'd ever tried it. What a fun game it is! We played it for over 2 hours straight, and had a blast. The only things I didn't like were the little amount of official levels (though it has Workshop support, which is good) and the menus. I hope these things get changed eventually, given that it's still Early Access.

Speevy

Banned
Some co-op fun.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

585_208.jpg

Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack -- MB-F35FA6983431B0B3 - Taken by eek5. 8 entrants total.

t1406493037z1.png

BorntoPlay

Reposting....

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BorntoPlay, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Gun Monkeys -- MB-D8075BF66C1BF179 - Taken by DizzyCrow
Vanguard Princess -- MB-9A35ECC1372D114D - Taken by WinterDemons

Jusoni

Take these off my hands!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jusoni, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified -- MB-81EFC8AF859F4FA5 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 4 entrants total.
BioShock -- MB-9ADCB5BA46EBA8A0
Frozen Synapse -- MB-5BBEF4038DF03C01
Fieldrunners -- MB-71130AA116B7B0A6

t1406483257z1.png

Phew, just spend more than two hours on the Left4Dead2 workshop. Looked only at weapons so far O_O
Not even a glance at campaigns. So. Much. Content.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 26 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Angvik -- MB-47C12838D04BA3C6 - Taken by Zero-Crescent
BlackSoul Extended Edition -- MB-FFD639589FAC72FB - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Angvik #2 -- MB-4DCD7EF4587FD198 - Taken by Benedict
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-E02A391F9571274D
The 7th Guest -- MB-6431BC71DF81D198 - Taken by Speevy
Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians -- MB-BF206EA30073370C - Taken by ReduxMachine
Rochard -- MB-DCE67189E151BF3A
Tales From The Dragon Mountain The Strix -- MB-BFD7650C334C87B8 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
Samphi (Desura) -- MB-800E7FFC2B7FFFC4 - Taken by WinterDemons
Bioshock -- MB-943C7838E06D2798
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-3F9CCEB69C0446FE
Imagine Me -- MB-8EFB12D2EFAEF0C9 - Taken by FauX
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-E7CA30936C807D27
Beat Hazard Ultra -- MB-92B502DB4C62D9A4 - Taken by Roboleon
Jolly Rover -- MB-12F25DAA0CCF20D8
ulgzbKC.png
CAFE 0 The Drowned Mermaid DELUXE (Desura) -- MB-44B8C0EABA785055
BioShock -- MB-7A3869D587A9CE71
BlackSoul Extended Edition #2 -- MB-7072B10A642E2560 - Taken by legacyzero
VVVVVV -- MB-8877C2532A1D419D
ThreadSpace Hyperbol -- MB-D8EEAC458F090F00
ulgzbKC.png
Jazz, Trump's Journey (Desura) -- MB-C3E09A4483328E7B
Inversion (NA only) -- MB-2E2180D984BA5721 - Taken by Santini
Antichamber -- MB-EF1218FBED4ED3C0 - Taken by Cyan
Last Dream -- MB-F9B5E9F9C529DB02 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-FC2844B30384AB09 - Taken by xeris
Sang-Froid -- MB-76802222A223D722 - Taken by grindamasta

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Angvik was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BlackSoul Extended Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Angvik #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Thomas Was Alone was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for The 7th Guest was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Rochard was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Tales From The Dragon Mountain The Strix was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Note: The key you added for Samphi (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Bioshock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Rush Bros was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Imagine Me was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ravensword Shadowlands was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Beat Hazard Ultra was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Jolly Rover was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for CAFE 0 The Drowned Mermaid DELUXE (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BioShock was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BlackSoul Extended Edition #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for VVVVVV was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for ThreadSpace Hyperbol was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Jazz, Trump's Journey (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Inversion (NA only) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Antichamber was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Last Dream was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ballpoint Universe Infinite was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Sang-Froid was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Telltale games are only really playable on mobile devices imo. I couldn't even make it through TWD season 1 on pc, but I've played all the available chapters on my Nexus 5. Amusingly enough, the lack of interactivity actually benefits the game when you play it on a phone.

After playing Back To The Future recently, i think playing it on a mobile device would have been a more enjoyable experience.

Aren't there time sensitive QTE's in TWD though? I have season 1 but i haven't played it.

kudoboi

correct me if im wrong but aren't the episodes delayed for the mobile versions of the game? i would see that as a dealbreaker for a lot of people including me as i don't want to get spoiled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom