• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying my first ironman play through of XCOM EW and made the mistake of naming my soldiers after my friends and family. Now the stress of keeping these people alive is too much to handle

You can idle away! It's all I do for the reward.
Idling is fine. Just be sure to do it for at least six minutes so your Community profile reports 0.1 hours played.
Nice info, thanks folks. Feel kinda low of myself for going after these cent-wages, haha. Ah, well. Already waste so much time on the internet.
On the card topic. I just realized that it makes sense to go after bad games only for cards. Getting more and more into steamverse changed my perception of it quite a bit.

I was gonna post about how Metal Gear Revengeance is amazing but HOLY FUCKING SHIT that blade wolf boss fight is the worst thing I've played in the past year.

Completely fucking ruins everything.

Seriously feel like uninstalling the game for that garbage.

Once you learn how to parry he is incredibly easy.

EDIT: Dammit, whenever anyone mentions MGR I have to listen to the OST.

dot

I was gonna post about how Metal Gear Revengeance is amazing but HOLY FUCKING SHIT that blade wolf boss fight is the worst thing I've played in the past year.

lol

The boss can't be that hard...

73V3N

Banned
cluQylA.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1406503800z4.png

Add me please :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

lrn2parry

Anteater

I don't know why people had problems with bladewolf

Bladewolf in the sam's campaign was some shit though, maybe it was because I didn't know how to roll when I started but that shit was harder than the last boss imo, that thing was on steroids.

Enco

I watched a tutorial that told me to parry but about 10000 tries in I still can't do it.

The rage is flowing through me right now.

Can I only parry his fucking orange charge attack? What about the chainsaw attacks?

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Momentary

Banned
So giving away anything is just scumming for PIF or MG?

I'm sorry dude, but coming to the defense of people who have multiple copies of games from the same bundle on a giveaway that no one is even grabbing is kind of silly. That's what it looks like to me, but I'm not knocking them for it. I just wanted to say I thought it was funny how someone posted a megagivers giveaway and then BAM! I can't say that's funny? I'm not calling people anything. You're the one bringing up the "scumming" crap.

Had an itch, so started playing Max Payne. It was so weird at first when after pressing A he didn't turn, but move. Hopefully I can finish RE4 soon, before this gets too confusing lol

Benedict

Any idea why Civ V is crashing for me constantly on my laptop?
I have tried to reinstall it but it still happens.

This started after I:
* updated graphics drivers from years-old to newest Catalyst (ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650).
* Installed new RAM (have run windows diagnostics on them, no issues)
* Replaced HDD with SDD:

I watched a tutorial that told me to parry but about 10000 tries in I still can't do it.

Can I only parry his fucking orange charge attack? What about the chainsaw attacks?

You can parry all his attacks. For the tail whip, you have to time it as the chainsaw is about to hit you which is slightly after he twists.

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
The orange ones are actually the unblockable ones lol

again: check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7IlIUKP64o

I'm sorry dude, but coming to the defense of people who have multiple copies of games from the same bundle on a giveaway that no one is even grabbing is kind of silly. That's what it looks like to me, but I'm not knocking them for it. I just wanted to say I thought it was funny how someone posted a megagivers giveaway and then BAM! I can't say that's funny? I'm not calling people anything. You're the one bringing up the "scumming" crap.
If no one takes it it doesn't count. If someone takes it there was a demand for the game and it was a good giveaway. Where is the problem?

Turfster

Any idea why Civ V is crashing for me constantly on my laptop?
I have tried to reinstall it but it still happens.

This started after I:
* updated graphics drivers from years-old to newest Catalyst (ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650).
* Installed new RAM (have run windows diagnostics on them, no issues)
* Replaced HDD with SDD:

Civ V's engine is kinda... eh.
Does it happen immediately, or only after some time?
Have you tried turning off all the graphical doodads and whizbangs?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Had an itch, so started playing Max Payne. It was so weird at first when after pressing A he didn't turn, but move. Hopefully I can finish RE4 soon, before this gets too confusing lol

I played through the first two Max Payne games in the lead-up to 3's release a couple of years ago now. They still hold up nicely, both in terms of gameplay and graphics (2 even has a primitive motion blur effect). although I was disappointed by 2's rather short campaign -- the game has no dull moments, but I wasn't expecting to finish it in the space of one evening.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (KillerDark, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bioshock -- MB-E55F1384B60CF677 - Taken by Easy_D

Fairly sure everyone has this, but just in case!

Deitus

cluQylA.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1406503800z4.png

Sign me up for DOTA please. I'll try to be better this time. Honestly, what would help is if someone could give me a 1 sentence summary of what my hero's playstyle is, because I find myself not knowing if I'm a support or a damage class.

Banned for unlocking achievements, to be precise.

Be careful about admitting to that around here. Sub Zero says people harassed him because he did that, and that's the reason he left.

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

You can parry anything that causes a red flash on the screen, although the timing is different depending on the attack.

To clarify, there is a block and a parry, both are executed in the exact same way, the only difference is parry requires perfect timing. You can play through the entire game on normal without ever learning the correct timing for parry (you'll still do it accidentally on occasion), and you really shouldn't have much trouble.

But if you don't learn to block, you will not make it far in this game. The purpose of the Blade Wolf fight is a trail by fire to force you to learn to block. I've heard of people who beat him without blocking, but it's not recommended, because it's such a valuable skill for the rest of the game. Once you learn to consistently block his attacks, he's barely a threat at all.

Benedict

After all the giveaways, here are some more now that it's A.S.G.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Benedict:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Speedball 2 HD -- MB-DDF6C27CBE5A1D6F - Taken by KainXVIII. 7 entrants total.
God Mode -- MB-F4480319F9DC4D5B - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
The Chaos Engine -- MB-2D8AFAC397AC52AD - Taken by ShogunX. 2 entrants total.

t1406487878z1.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I have a few coupons that expire soon I won't be able to use, but give a bigger discount on several games than they've ever been. Just quote this message and say what coupon(s) you'd like, but please only take them if you'll actually use them to buy the game.

I'll PM first to quote, friend them, and just give them to you via trading.

header_292x136.jpg

Quest of Dungeons - 66% Off Coupon ($1.70) [Cheapest the game's ever been before on sale is $3.24] |EXPIRES 7/29/2014 7:46:24 AM (Pacific Daylight Time)|

header_292x136.jpg

Infested Planet - 75% Off Coupon ($3.75) [Cheapest the game's ever been before on sale is $7.49] |EXPIRES 7/29/2014 7:46:39 AM (Pacific Daylight Time)| Taken

header_292x136.jpg

Concursion - 75% Off Coupon ($2.50) [Cheapest the game's ever been before on sale is $7.99] |EXPIRES 7/29/2014 2:41:27 PM (Pacific Daylight Time)| Taken

header_292x136.jpg

Age of Mythology: Extended Edition - 50% Off Coupon ($15) [Cheapest the game's ever been before on sale is $17.99] |EXPIRES 7/29/2014 7:38:24 AM (Pacific Daylight Time)|

header_292x136.jpg

Spirited Heart Deluxe - 66% Off Coupon ($6.80) [Cheapest the game's ever been before on sale is $13.99] |EXPIRES 7/30/2014 7:35:38 AM (Pacific Daylight Time)|

header_292x136.jpg

Knightmare Tower - 66% Off Coupon ($1.36) [Cheapest the game's ever been before on sale is $3.19] |EXPIRES 7/30/2014 7:36:18 AM (Pacific Daylight Time)|

Momentary

Banned
If no one grabs them, they don't get credit for the giveaway.

If no one takes it it doesn't count. If someone takes it there was a demand for the game and it was a good giveaway. Where is the problem?

Okay. You guys clearly don't understand what I'm trying to say. I'm saying I thought it was funny how these raffles started coming out of the woodworks. I could care less if people take the games or not. Not once did I say these people should stop. So I don't know what the heck it is you guys are trying to stand up for.

Wok

ModBot is smart enough to separate keys and game names.

So

Deus Ex: The Fall - Extreme Reload Nausea Simulator 2015: Deluxe Edition # This game sux lol - KEY1-GOES-HERE

will work exactly as intended.

Not true. The following

gets transformed into:

which appears as:

Deus Ex - MB-BLABLABLA

Turfster

8 GB (4x4) to replace 4gb (2x2). Playing the DX10/11 version.

Huh, then I don't know, unless it's some kind of external program interfering.
It's crashed here too, but only after a few hours.
Things you've probably already tried but can't hurt include setting graphics to low or trying to see if it does the same thing in the DX9 version.
That's about all I can think of, sorry.

Not true. The following
gets transformed into:
Because it only has the one separator, :

ShogunX

I have a few coupons that expire soon I won't be able to use, but give a bigger discount on several games than they've ever been. Just quote this message and say what coupon(s) you'd like, but please only take them if you'll actually use them to buy the game.

I'll PM first to quote, friend them, and just give them to you via trading.

header_292x136.jpg

Concursion - 75% Off Coupon ($2.50) [Cheapest the game's ever been before on sale is $7.99] |EXPIRES 7/29/2014 2:41:27 PM (Pacific Daylight Time)|

I'll take this if nobody else has, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom