• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

why are these asia tracks so hard in Grid 2

why
If you're referring to the touge tracks, it's because the AI cars are not beholden to the same laws of physics that you are. They can go flat out through the esses without worrying about mundane details like, I don't know, TIRE GRIP. If you watch them closely, they're clearly driving on rails.

On the flip side, the AI seems incapable of handbrake power slides, so use those to get ahead.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I would buy it :p

Revengeance is good. The camera is really bad though. And maybe I'm mistaken but there's no official way to dodge?

defensive offensive is the closest you get I guess

Dr Dogg

Not true. The following

gets transformed into:

which appears as:

Yeah I've messed up like that with poor hyphen placement. It needs clear space either side of the name and then the key. So I assume ModBot parses that as the last one and everything after is the key.

So

Game - Name - Here - KEY-GOES-HERE

works but

Game - Name - Here KEY-GOES-HERE

might end up a bit funny. And this

Game - Name - Here -KEY-GOES-HERE

has gone wrong for me before. I've made a mistake by not leaving any space between the hyphen and the key and got some errors.

Deitus

Revengeance is good. The camera is really bad though. And maybe I'm mistaken but there's no official way to dodge?

Yeah, the camera is pretty bad. My biggest gripe with the game. You can learn to manage it in most cases, but any time you are close to a wall, especially when Mastiffs are around, the camera is going to screw you over.

As for dodge, BUY DEFENSIVE OFFENSIVE NOW! It's not a traditional directional dodge, in that it only moves you backward for a short distance, but it gives you a brief bit of invincibility. This will save your life.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the camera is pretty bad. My biggest gripe with the game. You can learn to manage it in most cases, but any time you are close to a wall, especially when Mastiffs are around, the camera is going to screw you over.

As for dodge, BUY DEFENSIVE OFFENSIVE NOW! It's not a traditional directional dodge, in that it only moves you backward for a short distance, but it gives you a solid half-second of invincibility. This will save your life.

or sideways iirc

Grief.exe

8 GB (4x2) to replace 4gb (2x2). Playing the DX10/11 version.

Did you install a 64 bit version of windows?

Finally beat that piece of shit wolf.

I watched a tutorial that told me to parry but about 10000 tries in I still can't do it.

The rage is flowing through me right now.

Can I only parry his fucking orange charge attack? What about the chainsaw attacks?

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Shakes head

mannerbot

It's not hard to figure out that this:

Means that you think that the anonymous giveaway on that page was not done because the person had extras they wanted to give away or out of the kindness of their heart. The implication, given the context of the conversation here, is that the giveaway was done purely to qualify for the "megagiver" and/or "pay it forward" rule.

Stump's response is that the system is working as intended. If no one wants the games, they won't be taken and the person doing the giveaway won't qualify for those rules. If people do want the games, they will be taken and the person doing the giveaway will qualify, as they should since they are giving away things that people want.

inb4 flood of anonymous 25 Mystery Game Origin key giveaways

Momentary

Banned
It's not hard to figure out that this:

Means that you think that the anonymous giveaway on that page was not done because the person had extras they wanted to give away or out of the kindness of their heart. The implication, given the context of the conversation here, is that the giveaway was done purely to qualify for the "megagiver" and/or "pay it forward" rule.

Stump's response is that the system is working as intended. If no one wants the games, they won't be taken and the person doing the giveaway won't qualify for those rules. If people do want the games, they will be taken and the person doing the giveaway will qualify, as they should since they are giving away things that people want.

I'm not saying it's wrong.... it's even in my quote you quoted. I'm just saying how funny it is that they were coincidentally coming out the woodworks. What can you people not understand? I'm not saying anything about the system. I don't care what they have in their heart when they are doing it.

Dr Dogg

I'm Garbage Dumping all my keys now so not to cause uproar. Of course I'll get called out when someone's favourite game gets thrown in there. Ain't nothing wrong with dumpster diving.

Bought the Landmark: Big Penis Pack, time to check this thing out.

Hahahahaha I know Steam's releases as of late have been a bit... well niche shall we say but what on earth have you gotten yourself in for Joe?

Tellaerin

Whether it's bundled stuff or standalone games, I usually try to give away stuff that I think people would actually be interested in. As a rule, I don't pick up bundles for myself unless there's stuff in them that I'd want, and if I think it's a good bundle and I have a little extra cash, I'll try to grab a second copy to give away here. (I don't usually end up with a ton of bundle spares, though when I have 'em, I drop 'em here, too.)

Now with that said, somebody take these already. :p There's gotta be someone out there who hasn't played them yet. VVVVVV's good, Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic looks good (haven't gotten around to playing it yet), and I enjoyed Gun Metal back on the old Xbox (though my soft spot for transforming mecha games may admittedly have colored my judgment). We've probably already reached complete global saturation for Hitman 1, Mini Ninjas and Thief Gold by now, but I thought they looked good enough to at least be worth trying. So yeah, give 'em a home.

(And FWIW, this doesn't affect my megagiver status one way or another. :p I just haven't had much cash to play with over the past couple of months, I felt like I was overdue to pick up a little something for the thread, and this bundle seemed like a nice one. People need to stop worrying about other peoples' motivations for giving away stuff - it's getting a little embarassing to read.)

Enco

Defensive offensive sounds good. I'll buy it.

Thanks for all the replies. Watching that vid now.

Wolf Among Us was good. I didn't like the bloody mary fight though. Overall it was more consistent than TWD. The highs of TWD were higher though.

derExperte

Played 5hrs of the Destiny Beta. Better than I thought it looked in the gameplay videos but if the final game is like that there will be a LOT of repetition. I didn't plan on buying it anyway for PS4 but it'll be very interesting to see what people will think of it after a few months.

Yea, get called out then run away.

Hey, you don't have exclusive rights for that tactic!

Anteater

If you're referring to the touge tracks, it's because the AI cars are not beholden to the same laws of physics that you are. They can go flat out through the esses without worrying about mundane details like, I don't know, TIRE GRIP. If you watch them closely, they're clearly driving on rails.

On the flip side, the AI seems incapable of handbrake power slides, so use those to get ahead.

yeah those mountain tracks and stuff, i'll try the handbrake thing, i haven't used it other than for the drifting stuff

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
The most drama we could get on the steam thread not so long ago was who is Jase's avatar, not now though...

I'm not saying it's wrong.... it's even in my quote you quoted. I'm just saying how funny it is that they were coincidentally coming out the woodworks. What can you people not understand? I'm not saying anything about the system.
You were criticised because you directly contrasted the giveaways with the words "give away games out of being kind" and "shit that just got posted on this page" which makes people less likely to openly post giveaways that aren't 7 copies of Divinity. That was the whole problem.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The most drama we could get on the steam thread not so long ago was who is Jase's avatar, not now though...

there was the occasional salsa bannings, and grief was banned one time too back in the days for some naughty stuff

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orcs Must Die 2 - Complete Pack -- MB-F35FA6983431B0B3 - Taken by eek5. 8 entrants total.

t1406493037z1.png

hohoXD123

I'm not saying it's wrong.... it's even in my quote you quoted. I'm just saying how funny it is that they were coincidentally coming out the woodworks. What can you people not understand? I'm not saying anything about the system. I don't care what they have in their heart when they are doing it.
It was an accusatory statement which was unwarranted. "It's funny that these garbage giveaways come just after a big giveaway with a megagiver rule, all of these selfish people must be giving away games because of this big giveaway, lol"

Anteater

Aren't all the harassments with sub-zero off site? I'm pretty sure if people are harassing him here in the thread and are being dicks, the mods would do something about it. Just stay here.

HoosTrax

yeah those mountain tracks and stuff, i'll try the handbrake thing, i haven't used it other than for the drifting stuff
The powerslides are useful everywhere, as you're faster through the curves using them vs driving normally.

I wasn't really fond of that dynamic, but I heard it was fixed in GRID Autosport, where taking the correct line through curves is faster than trying to slide through them. I kind of want to buy it, but I kind of don't. For one thing, it's roughly the same price as Assetto Corsa, and they've gone and done it with the whole DLC madness again, including charging for content that basically amounts to cheats. Not really a business model I care to encourage.

Grief? I guess I wasn't around back then, but I find it hard to imagine him doing something ban worthy.
He is a staunch supporter of PC as a gaming platform, sometimes to his detriment as it's gotten him caught up in console wars threads.

Seriously tho, all these whinges about MudButt come off massively salty. After giving away a lot of stuff, I've won Gun Monkeys and that's it. Who gives a shit?

Arthea

about Civ V problem
I ran it on two different laptops and two different PCs, with two different OSes, and amount of RAM. It haven't crashed for me even once!
I had no slowdown problems that Copons was having either, unless on huge map and with lots of big cities and units.
I know it isn't helping, I just wanted to say, that I can't imagine what one can have against Civ's engine, is not prone to crashing as far as I know and tested, quite contrary I'm amazed how good it runs on any half decent hardware, if some playing with settings is done, like for example removing fog helps, lowering res, regular stuff for less powerful PCs.

Deitus

Aren't all the harassments with sub-zero off site? I'm pretty sure if people are harassing him here in the thread and are being dicks, the mods would do something about it. Just stay here.

There was a bit of antagonizing him in the thread, but it didn't seem too severe from what I saw, and probably not ban worthy. I assumed from what he said that it was happening in PMs, and on Steam and elsewhere, but that it was GAF members who were responsible. Otherwise why would he leave GAF over it?

mannerbot

I've seen it in this thread. Didn't really think that anything warranted mod intervention either way and I do think Sub Zero overreacted, but at the same time it's easy to understand why he would want to take his ball and go home.

I've seen it in this thread. Didn't really think that anything warranted mod intervention either way and I do think Sub Zero overreacted, but at the same time it's easy to understand why he would want to take his ball and go home.
I'd seen it a little bit recently, but yeah if it had been happening constantly I can see why he would react the way he did. It's still sad though.

Deitus

Would it help if there were Saoirse based minigames? "Try to find the perfect Saoirse avatar or the best Saoirse response gif within 30 seconds for a bonus game to your collection!" :p

I've always imagined a game based on JaseC's life would be basically Pokemon but with Steam games.

Of course Saoirse would have to be included somehow, so maybe your minigame idea would fit into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom