• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's love. Your avatar is love.

Ah, of course!

Would it help if there were Saoirse based minigames? "Try to find the perfect Saoirse avatar or the best Saoirse response gif within 30 seconds for a bonus game to your collection!" :p

Now you're talking!

There aren't enough good golf games on Steam.

Microsoft Golf 3.0 all day, every day.

I've always imagined a game based on JaseC's life would be basically Pokemon but with Steam games.

Of course Saoirse would have to be included somehow, so maybe your minigame idea would fit into that.

Wheelman is under the truck!

Milamber

Kirby's Dream Course is the only golf-ish game I've played and enjoyed. I know nothing about golf.

If you like Management sims then SimGolf is the best. If you like RPG types, I heavily suggest grabbing a GBA and a copy of Mario Golf: Power Tour.

EDIT: If you like Golf Golf, Tiger Woods is available on any console.

EDIT 2: Goddamn PC never getting any good stuff.

Deitus

Hmmm... I guess at $2.50 I have no excuse not to buy SpeedRunners.

But I'm torn on whether I should buy extra copies for my friends who never seem to have any time to play multiplayer games.

Dr Dogg

Do you know what I haven't seen a very long while? A Juniors Only giveaway. Have at you!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dr Dogg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity Original Sin -- MB-19D4BD2BAF2C6AF1 - Taken by redlacs. 56 entrants total.

t1406500957z1.png

Now only a small portion of you can moan about not being able to enter.

Caerith

These giveaways and modbot are tearing this community apart. :p
Things are a lot better with ModBot around.
First people just posted keys, but they got used without anyone saying they took them (possibly even by non-members) and nobody was happy.
Then people posted keys using the email tag trick, but they got used without anyone saying they took them (but only by members) and nobody was happy.
Then people gave stuff away with "first to quote" or "first to PM me," and nobody was happy except that one guy who got everything.
Then there was the GAF Steam Sale Hunt where there were daily contests like "top score in GoL" or "best haiku," and everybody was happy, but it was a lot of work.
Then ModBot showed up and, after some rule changes (like timers, blacklists, etc), made it so lurkers and F5-spammers don't get everything, and there's some semblance of fairness, and it isn't a lot of work.

So, ModBot's fine. The only thing tearing this community apart is this community.

Or sports games in general.

Argh, I spent too many hours on Football Manager in the past, rather glad I don't have the latest one in that respect. I remember getting a demo of Champ Man 01/02 (or was it 00/01?) from a cereal box that allowed for 2 seasons in the English league, I got so much mileage out of that it was ridiculous. The Football Manager series in general was my gateway drug to PC gaming.

Time to post an start an awful thread to junior myself. I feel like I've probably entered as many Divinity giveaways as Marco and I haven't won either. :(

Deitus

Do you know what I haven't seen a very long while? A Juniors Only giveaway. Have at you!

Actually, I remember seeing a Juniors only raffle just the other day. But it is pretty rare. Nice giveaway.

Milamber

I would actually like to see the total outcome of entries in a Juniors only raffle.

EDIT: Broken down to total juniors, total double entries and total non-junior entries.

Arthea

So, ModBot's fine. The only thing tearing this community apart is this community.
I was initially against separating steam thread, but I see necessity now, no longer this thread is viable source of any PC news, steam or no, nor is it good for best deals or new games. The steam community thread with modbot moved there would give us old steam news, updates and deals thread back.
Then again, people never are happy, usually, when I remember why we had this talk earlier, situation now seems beyond saving (><)

Anteater

Seriously tho, all these whinges about MudButt come off massively salty. After giving away a lot of
stuff, I've won Gun Monkeys and that's it. Who gives a shit?

yep, this just brings out people who are salty about omg free stuff.

The powerslides are useful everywhere, as you're faster through the curves using them vs driving normally.

I wasn't really fond of that dynamic, but I heard it was fixed in GRID Autosport, where taking the correct line through curves is faster than trying to slide through them. I kind of want to buy it, but I kind of don't. For one thing, it's roughly the same price as Assetto Corsa, and they've gone and done it with the whole DLC madness again, including charging for content that basically amounts to cheats. Not really a business model I care to encourage.

I'll probably pick up autosport for cheap, it feels a bit like GRID1 from what I've seen.

lol

I've seen it in this thread. Didn't really think that anything warranted mod intervention either way and I do think Sub Zero overreacted, but at the same time it's easy to understand why he would want to take his ball and go home.

yeah he should learn to ignore it, there'll always be that guy that will give you shit, but that guy isn't a representation for all of us. What about all the cool people, it's not fair to abandoning them like that.

Cheddahz

Banned
NOJUNIORS
JUNIORSONLY
doesn't work together

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Cheddahz, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.

Dead Island: Epidemic -- MB-2A9559D8E1253785

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Dead Island: Epidemic was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Deitus

Hmmmm... I've never used Bundlestars before. Is there any reason why it won't let me add more than 2 copies of SpeedRunners to my cart? If I buy those 2 can I buy 2 more later, or is there a cap to how many copies of a game you can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom