• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I've always imagined a game based on JaseC's life would be basically Pokemon but with Steam games.

Of course Saoirse would have to be included somehow, so maybe your minigame idea would fit into that.

It would be fitting to find Wheelman under the truck :p

I was initially against separating steam thread, but I see necessity now, no longer this thread is viable source of any PC news, steam or no, nor is it good for best deals or new games. The steam community thread with modbot moved there would give us old steam news, updates and deals thread back.
Then again, people never are happy, usually, when I remember why we had this talk earlier, situation now seems beyond saving (><)

It's still a viable source of news, as long as you wade through all of the giveaways and off topic stuff, and the game impressions for that matter since it's not exactly news, updates, or deals ;p

ßthePenguin;122912158 said:
Can one get this game anywhere these days? Was quite nice :(

You could always find a copy on ebay or Amazon. That's really it though.

Enco

i'm here to say that divinity: original sin is outright shit
:lol

I don't think it's bad but I stopped playing at 4 hours. Just can't be bothered to get into an RPG at the moment.

Wolfenstein took over and I've moved on. Maybe some day I'll get back into it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Finally got around to watching Arrow. Sooo good. why didn't I watch this earlier?

I would love an Arrow based game done by Rocksteady.

There needs to be an Archer FPS done in the vein of NOLF.

Edit: I thought you said Archer for some reason, haha. Oops.

Anteater

I've always imagined a game based on JaseC's life would be basically Pokemon but with Steam games.

Of course Saoirse would have to be included somehow, so maybe your minigame idea would fit into that.

I wonder how much would it cost to kickstart a saoirse game.

Jasec should probably start improving his stick figure drawing skills, he gotta start somewhere.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jasec should probably start improving his stick figure drawing skills, he gotta start somewhere.

Is there a square before stick figures? :p

Josh Sawyer wants to make an Archer RPG along the lines of Alpha Protocol, I'd rather that tbh

I've not played AP. :( Shocking, I know.

... or another NOLF ;)

That could happen one day if Night Dive's trademark filings for NOLF and NOLF2 go through uncontested.

Finally got around to watching Arrow. Sooo good. why didn't I watch this earlier?

Based on the comics? Could be good.

Based on the show? I think we'd need a few more villains - or seasons - for that. Also, how fast do you think we'd see Felicity nude mods if that game happened?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ItsGeeMcGee, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only members who are ItsGeeMcGee may enter for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-52EE5DA3A9377D04 - Taken by phoenix296. 90 entrants total.

t1406502397z1.png

Now I might finally win one of these. I've given it away 5 times and ModBot refuses to acknowledge my overwhelming karma

Just kidding about the rule, have at it

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition -- MB-219EDD65BB1004F1 - Taken by Deitus. 188 entrants total.

t1406578238z1.png

Yrael

i'm here to say that divinity: original sin is outright shit

The vehemence of this actually made me laugh out loud. xD

It didn't help that for some reason I also imagined it being said in Saruman's voice.
(Probably because everything sounds better with Saruman's voice.)

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Arrow is so good. The acting isn't great, but I love how there's not much filler between plot points.
Deathstroke
's costume in Season 2 s amazing,

Arrow DLC for Arkham Knight like what they did for Injustice would be pretty cool.

Can't wait for the Flash TV show to start airing.

dot

Based on the comics? Could be good.

Based on the show? I think we'd need a few more villains - or seasons - for that. Also, how fast do you think we'd see Felicity nude mods if that game happened?

I think there are enough villains already.
Malcolm, Slade, Solomon Grundy, the Count, Ravager, Ra's Al Ghul, some others...
<-do not look at this if you're not caught up in the show.

And that's not even counting the enemies on the island.

Wok

Sometimes I wish there was a reader's digest of this thread with only (in-depth) game reviews, as Dusk Golem's reviews. It is easy to miss one since the thread moves fast.

mannerbot

Now I might finally win one of these. I've given it away 5 times and ModBot refuses to acknowledge my overwhelming karma

Just kidding about the rule, have at it

Well jeez, now I have to figure out how to get unjuniored in time for this one. This is too tough. Also, thanks. :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Step up your game, son.

This is what I get for playing games and only skimming the thread, along with saving up replies to combine them into one post :p

Sometimes I wish there was a reader's digest of this thread with only (in-depth) game reviews, as Dusk Golem's reviews. It is easy to miss one since the thread moves fast.

This, along with not having to go through past threads to find impressions, is exactly why we need some sort of wiki.

rtcn63

I liked Borderlands 2 solo. If you're familiar with loot-based games like Diablo, Torchlight, etc. it's not a particularly bad derivative, and can be quite addicting if you're one of the (apparently) few who doesn't mind what it isn't.

Turfster

Is Borderlands 2 fun playing solo? I am not active on steam and don't have any friends on it but wanted to give it a try

Hell no.
While it starts off okay if a little grindy, it gets really fucking grindy in the second half.
Unless you enjoy comparing a +1 +4 +3 gun with a +2 +3 +3 gun every. single. time. you loot something and love shooting things over and over and over and over until they're dead, then repeating the same procedure on their 10 friends, avoid.

Backlogger

Is Borderlands 2 fun playing solo? I am not active on steam and don't have any friends on it but wanted to give it a try

I like it solo. Not GOTY or anything, but I enjoy playing it alone.

I saw someone doing a Dead Island Epidemic giveaway. I have 4 in my inventory if anyone wants one. I'm guessing that they are only worth a +1 to your game count since it will be F2P soon

Question for Stump or other ModButt gurus: I forgot to put the auto repost in my giveaway and didn't notice until I'd already posted in the thread. If I resubmit the key will it disqualify people who've already entered? I don't want to do that to anyone

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I would buy the shit out of a licensed Archer game.

Anteater

just ask and people will probably post about what they think of the game.

Shadownet

Banned

NOLF?

Took you long enough. Season 3 is gonna be awesome!

I was on youtube, and saw the promo for Season 3. Kinda wish I didn't lol so many spoilers. But it was epic.

Not fast enough. lol

Deitus

I'll ask again, since I didn't get any responses before. Does anyone know why Bundle Stars is preventing me from adding more than 2 copies of a game to my cart? If I buy those two will I be prevented from buying more afterward?

No One Lives Forever

Egamer

Played Risen 3 for an hour, will continue playing this night and tomorrow to get a good view of it.

But, it does look amazing. It's beau-ti-ful, don't see many RPG's like that. It's also great to see that a small city each have unique persons with unique voices, what brings us great dialogues. They are funny too. It's also good to see that an NPC ask you if you want a short or longer version of a story - introducing a quest.

Many sidequests, although some of theme are pretty lame. Just got into a quest which a woman cried to me saying she can't sleep at night because of the loud noises behind her house. Looking behind her house there was a loudy armadillo, whom I killed immediately. Kinda strange, because she could look it herself too.

Also quite good about the dialogues: buy information from people. It's up to you if you want spend much money on it, or just/ spare your gold and go on an adventure.

And the combat? Better, but still not very great. It's comparable with The Witcher 2, but unfortunately you can't lock the enemy. The idea of giving counterattacks is good, but I never succeeded one so far. Or I am just rubbish.

In the next few days I'll give more of my thoughts, and for the Dutch people there will be a preview on the internet. :)

BHK3

Banned

It's not, least for me it wasn't. I didn't feel like you got good weapons enough so killing enemies can turn into a chore until they finally cough something up, while when I did some missions with a friend, the drops I got were like 5x better than what I had. The game is much bigger and more varied than BL1, BL1 I had fun with playing solo and beat that. BL2 I just stopped after a certain point, just wasn't having fun with it and I don't have any friends to play it with at the same pace, everyone online I played with blew through every mission skipped every little thing they could and just blowed everything up to hell.

derExperte

In the next few days I'll give more of my thoughts, and for the Dutch people there will be a preview on the internet. :)

Yay, please keep the impressions coming, especially about bugs because that (and no patches to fix them) was my main issue with R2. Did you like R1 or 2 more?

Good God, does mediafire suck at buffering. Every half second shit stops. Just get with the times frosty and go to the superior pomf.se
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away [Dead Rising 3]
The thought that someone made an anonymous Dead Rising 3 giveaway just to spite the posters who accused those of being shitty and easy ways to achieve higher give-counts amuses me immensely.

rookiejet

So, ModBot's fine. The only thing tearing this community apart is this community.

I find it weird that you don't see yourself contributing to that. I didn't read any maliciousness in any of those posts by maneil99 and Rayge that you highlighted. It was clear, at least to me, that they were kidding. Poking fun. Honestly, the only "demonizing" I'm reading was done by you guys here just now.

I don't know, it just doesn't seem cool to me :/ Rayge repeatedly replied and said he didn't mean the post as demonizing or malicious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom