• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

Man,

I'll go to hell.

(Walking dead season 2 Episode 3 (ending) and 4 Impressions
ss_6a165f291ee7c39e6645d9d2ce7955b098e9fe85.600x338.jpg

Episode 3 Ending/ Episode 4 beginning
I try to safe Kennys girlfriend and chop of her bitten arm. And she freaks the frak out and gets overwhelmed anyway! I TRIED TO SAVE HER! IT WAS THE BEST POSSIBLE SOLUTION! SHE WAS BITTEN!

Episode 4 middle
Okay, that was not working out, maybe I have to be more considerate, see the whole Picture and so on. I can't be a badass, knowitall and unempathic asshole all of the time. Hey Sarah! I will never leave you behind! I will Save you! .... 20 Minutes later FOR FRAKS SAKE! Can't I Save ANYONE?
*Clementine Stare™* We cant be soft anymore! But glad, Rebecca and her Baby are okay.

Episode 4 Ending
Damn rebecca died! (I think) I must save the Baby! No time to loose. *shoots her in the head*.
.... Oh right we were surrounded by russians. Whelp.

I tried my best :(

BHK3

Banned
Huh? it came out in 2000. How come its taking so long for it to come on Steam?

lol with my concussion, I might just forget about it all tomorrow.

It's a publisher problem from what I know, IP issues such as ownership and Sierra's curse seem to be the issue I believe. Every adventure game of the old days goes through this or they figure it's too much trouble.

Ventara

What's this? A divinity giveaway with a Juniors Only rule? Someone quick! Junior me!

Nah, I'm kidding, I entered the other one anyways.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ventara, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cave Story Plus -- MB-2B8A8A3060DE634D - Taken by Coldsun

Nabs

Finally got around to watching Arrow. Sooo good. why didn't I watch this earlier?

I would love an Arrow based game done by Rocksteady.

WB Montreal would be a better fit. An Arrow (or Suicide Squad) game done by the AO team would make me lose it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh? it came out in 2000. How come its taking so long for it to come on Steam?

The games were published by Fox Interactive, which was absorbed into Vivendi Games, which was merged with Activision, which was later spun off into its own company, Acti-Blizz. Fox itself (as in 20th Century Fox) retained ownership of the actual games, but the trademarks were reportedly "lost" during the many bumps on the road to the independent Acti-Blizz, making a re-release impossible... well, not for much longer, if Night Dive's trademark filings are successful.

I think Acti owns the trademarks at present, but due to the aforementioned transitions, which took place over the course of about a decade (Fox Interactive was bought by Vivendi in '03, but the company wasn't made defunct until '06), it lacks supporting evidence.

(Spoilery impressions)

I'm really torn on telltale. On the one hand I'm kind of interested to see where the second season of the game is going, and on the other hand I'm bitter about the save game malfunction from season 1 and how TT did shit all to fix it. I don't know if I should be rewarding that and waiting to play season 2, or just reading all the spoilers to see how it ends.

mannerbot

Good God, does mediafire suck at buffering. Every half second shit stops. Just get with the times frosty and go to the superior pomf.se

The thought that someone made an anonymous Dead Rising 3 giveaway just to spite the posters who accused those of being shitty and easy ways to achieve higher give-counts amuses me immensely.

People only give away games that aren't Shovel Knight or Divinity anonymously to satisfy the Pay it Forward requirement. Scumbags!

iosefe

there are probably hundreds of unclaimed keys left in the thread.

And this is what i'm here to fix.

I went back through the last 50 pages and found games that, from my understanding, aren't half bad and should have a home. I looked for giveaways without much restrictions so that anyone can get them, but i had to make some concessions. here they are categorized by restriction:

Unrestricted
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-0C9FB60366EB0AB9 - Taken by brassica
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-FD8048BAE74090DF
Sid Meier's Civilization III Complete -- MB-6FCEBE83A6F15DBC

NOWINNERSDAILY
Gun Metal -- MB-5383988D70348600 - Taken by ExitPlanetDust. 3 entrants total.

GIVER, NOLUKERS, & NOWINNERSDAILY
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-E02A391F9571274D
VVVVVV -- MB-8877C2532A1D419D
Antichamber -- MB-EF1218FBED4ED3C0

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Borderlands 2 is about as fun as festering boils of pus in your anus

People only give away games that aren't Shovel Knight or Divinity anonymously to satisfy the Pay it Forward requirement. Scumbags!
Well, only making an anonymous Giveaway is left to perfect the trifecta of scummery:
- buying games for cheap from Russia
- idling for cards and playfire money
- anonymous shit giveaway

I am on my way to be the scummiest of 'em all!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'll ask again, since I didn't get any responses before. Does anyone know why Bundle Stars is preventing me from adding more than 2 copies of a game to my cart? If I buy those two will I be prevented from buying more afterward?

I'm not entirely sure, but maybe it's like Steam, where you have to make separate purchases for multiple copies of the same game. Like I said, not entirely sure, just throwing it out there since no one else seems to know either.

Seanspeed

Banned
Borderlands 2 rocks.

Its not for everybody though, obviously. I think if you like loot games and FPS's, its a must-play. Still no guarantee you'll like it, but there's a good chance you will.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm really torn on telltale. On the one hand I'm kind of interested to see where the second season of the game is going, and on the other hand I'm bitter about the save game malfunction from season 1 and how TT did shit all to fix it. I don't know if I should be rewarding that and waiting to play season 2, or just reading all the spoilers to see how it ends.
I haven't noticed anything from season 1 really effecting how 2 is playing out. Heck most choices you make in an episode don't effect much but it's still fun being a mega asshole.

Dr Dogg

Reposting this Juniors Only Divinity Original Sin Giveway then hopefully ModBro has got my back 1 hour later.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dr Dogg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity Original Sin -- MB-19D4BD2BAF2C6AF1 - Taken by redlacs. 56 entrants total.

t1406500957z1.png

Tellaerin

And this is what i'm here to fix.

I went back through the last 50 pages and found games that, from my understanding, aren't half bad and should have a home. I looked for giveaways without much restrictions so that anyone can get them, but i had to make some concessions. here they are categorized by restriction:

Unrestricted

NOWINNERSDAILY

GIVER, NOLUKERS, & NOWINNERSDAILY

You missed a VVVVVV. >.>

VVVVVV -- MB-81E0972729492328

There's also a Thief out there that still needs a good home. (Hide the silverware :p)

Thief Gold -- MB-D5075E8417CFB10D

Only restrictions on both are NOLURKERS.

Ventara

Here's a fun little puzzle game that anyone can enjoy. Controls are pretty simple, and it's somewhat relaxing.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ventara, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Critical Mass -- MB-A08E216F3743F07D - Taken by bluechox2

iosefe

You missed a VVVVVV. >.>

VVVVVV -- MB-81E0972729492328

There's also a Thief out there that still needs a good home. (Hide the silverware :p)

Thief Gold -- MB-D5075E8417CFB10D

Only restrictions on both are NOLURKERS.

whoops, didn't notice that. there were a LOT of pages

======

Has anyone done a NOWINNERSMONTHLY before?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

9.03M -- MB-0B1EFE7D0A2D8DAF - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.

t1406495378z1.png

That music
That gameplay
How can you not love Rising?
Also makes me wish for PC versions of Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden Black even more.
You really love that game, huh? It's on my wishlist but I am not sure whether my laptop can handle it. Also can't buy for the current price. Bayonetta gets a lot of love but the character design of her just doesn't sit with me. Maybe I should take a look at some webms of the game though.

Also, frosty you see? No one quoted your mediafire webm but loads did the pomf reupload.
Pomf is better. Love you!

Dr Dogg

Well, only making an anonymous Giveaway is left to perfect the trifecta of scummery:
- buying games for cheap from Russia
- idling for cards and playfire money
- anonymous shit giveaway

I am on my way to be the scummiest of 'em all!

You're going to The Hague Veggie and being tried for War Crimes under Turrist Law.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

9.03M -- MB-0B1EFE7D0A2D8DAF - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.

t1406495378z1.png
Good, good.... only 10 mins left to achieve the trifecta...
Just bought a game to achieve scummines saturation... what am I doing with my life?

Kyougar

Never had the savegamebug, but they should have a "Skip to next Choice" Option or a Savegamecreator (you click the choices you want to have from a list and the game creates a savegame.)

I saw many opinions like yourself in the WD season 2 OT. And telltale must be aware that this will not getting easier for their customers. IT IS a storydriven Adventure. And if you lost your Progress through bugs or own mistakes (deleted savegamefiles or didnt carry it over to the next machine), then you lose propably a lot of these customers, that want to play the next season but dont have the stamina or time to replay the old seasons. With Season 3, this could be a bigger problem and its not getting better.

The "we can make random choices" Option is not working for most of their customers. You cant have THIS as your only Option for a *choose your own Adventure* Game. Except to replay the whole game again without a skip option.

Thats holding me personally back from replaying WD or Wolf among us. I can live with WD, but I really want to replay WAU with other options and get the rest of the achievements.
But not without a skip Option. Hell, even a "skip seen content" Option would massively help. Telltale really must learn a lot from japanese VN developers. A *skip to next choice* and *skip seen content* option is a MUST HAVE in a storydriven Game! You cant even skip one line or scene, everything plays it out.

And after they learn the basics of Skipping, they then can learn what CHOICE really means.

Dont want to shit on telltale, Love Walking Dead Season 1 and 2. And Wolf among us was also not bad, but man... They have to evolve.

Deitus

I'm not entirely sure, but maybe it's like Steam, where you have to make separate purchases for multiple copies of the same game. Like I said, not entirely sure, just throwing it out there since no one else seems to know either.

I don't think that's the case, since it allows me to add two of the same game to my cart. Playing around with the interface a bit, it seems I can add 2 copies of any game or bundle to my cart before it stops adding more copies.

So its probably a system put in place to stop people from buying up multiple copies of a game. I was just hoping someone was more familiar with Bundle Stars and could tell me off hand.

I'll try buying 2 copies and see what happens afterward.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man, just thinking about 4k Bayonetta screenshots is too much for me.

Bayonetta is at least somewhat likely to appear at some point due to the fact there's an internal PC port (the photo is almost 4.5 years old, so don't get excited). In the past some were quick to note that the photo doesn't necessarily mean anything since games are developed on PCs, but what's key is that he's playing the game in 3D Vision, which means it's running on the PC natively, complete with Nvidia GPU driver support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom