• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprinkles

I just finished up the Castlevania - Lords of Shadow 2 DLC and the final piece of the the three Lords of Shadow games.

LoS 2 definitely was the worst out of those three, but still I was happy to see Gabriel's story come to an end. The story definitely has more downs than ups, but the characters are played well enough to care for (Zobek!) and the amazing ending of LoS 1 and the following first DLC will be stuck in my memory for a long time.

I know how the games don't have the best reputation but for me they were fun games to play through too. As I did not play any of the God of War games the combat was refreshingly new for me. The games are no true Metroidvania so many Castlevania fans dislike the series but for me there was enough to explore, lots of secrets to be found and much backtracking to be done.

The graphics in the 3D games were good (on PC), and the art style in the side scroller was beautiful, especially the cinematics.

iosefe

So here's the deal, at this moment i have 5.44 in my steam Wallet, i'm gonna give that out so one lucky person that has won nothing in this glorious week of giveaways.

Who ever wins must message me on steam (info on my profile if i don't have you). You pick an item, or maybe even items totaling up to $5.44 USD.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

$5.44 Steam Cash -- MB-D4D7E23E0E1715A5 - Taken by Pop. 26 entrants total.

t1406505938z1.png

jblank83

Are you really just giving away money? I mean, I'm not saying that's bad but... ok, I'll take it.

EDIT: That's cool of you. Nice work.

Tizoc

So here's the deal, at this moment i have 5.44 in my steam Wallet, i'm gonna give that out so one lucky person that has won nothing in this glorious week of giveaways.

Who ever wins must message me on steam (info on my profile if i don't have you). You pick an item, or maybe even items totaling up to $5.44 USD.

Cool, I'm at work atm but if I win I'll add you if I haven't then message you.

Mokoi

Banned
Well, only making an anonymous Giveaway is left to perfect the trifecta of scummery:
- buying games for cheap from Russia
- idling for cards and playfire money
- anonymous shit giveaway

I am on my way to be the scummiest of 'em all!

Hmm well I got one of those crossed out. I'll get started on the other two, and become scummy with you! May Turrist Law be broken.

gaiadyne

Free Money!! ... sees no wins in last week ... Oh

That Ace Combat game doesn't seem to fully cooperate with my new flightstick. It said something about using Z to decelerate during the tutorial but I tried all the buttons and nothing happened.

In better things, I'm probably going to buy OlliOlli like any second now. Finally watched a gameplay vid and it looks awesome, I loved the Tony Hawk games in the PS1 days.

Bayonetta is at least somewhat likely to appear at some point due to the fact there's an internal PC port (the photo is almost 4.5 years old, so don't get excited). In the past some were quick to note that the photo doesn't necessarily mean anything since games are developed on PCs, but what's key is that he's playing the game in 3D Vision, which means it's running on the PC natively, complete with Nvidia GPU driver support.
I remember that screenshot. I believe it's mostly because of Sega, although i could be wrong. Well, still hoping for a port :p

Deitus

Okay, so it looks like you are able to purchase more than 2 copies of a game on Bundle Stars, but you can only purchase 2 per transaction. I'm not sure why they even have that restriction.

tylerf

Okay, so it looks like you are able to purchase more than 2 copies of a game on Bundle Stars, but you can only purchase 2 per transaction. I'm not sure why they even have that restriction.

Considering how fast they ran out of Speedrunners keys the other day, maybe it's just to prevent resellers from having an easier time taking all the stock? I guess that kind of makes after seeing how mad people got on reddit that the deal ended early.

Deitus

Considering how fast they ran out of Speedrunners keys the other day, maybe it's just to prevent resellers from having an easier time taking all the stock? I guess that kind of makes after seeing how mad people got on reddit that the deal ended early.

Oh, they ran out of SpeedRunners keys? Well they certainly have more now, if anyone missed it.

But I guess that does make sense.

Ventara

Well fuck me. Just found out my brother used the keys I was planning to use on some game to open some crates. My fault, though, I should have told him they cost $2/piece.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Well fuck me. Just found out my brother used the keys I was planning to use on some game to open some crates. My fault, though, I should have told him they cost $2/piece.

ouch :/ sorry to hear that, dude

Ventara

Your brother went on your Steam account and used your keys without asking? Dick move.

No, no, he's just a kid. I let him play Gary's Mod and TF2 every now then then on my account, since he doesn't have his own. He's a good kid. I should've told him not to use the keys.

Reviews were unkind to this game. Hopefully the winner will like it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered Soul Suspect -- MB-7B4CC1AAD4285E8E - Taken by Manik. 53 entrants total.

t1406506718z1.png

Deitus

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

ulgzbKC.png
Chompy Chomp Chomp (Desura) -- MB-6B2EF858B1A52B27 - Taken by Darth Kupi
ulgzbKC.png
Splatter (Desura) -- MB-B22E7E7B54B65014 - Taken by SSPssp
Bioshock 2 -- MB-86017F6CA5C4F864 - Taken by Dusk Golem
ulgzbKC.png
Particulars (Desura) -- MB-407D0542DEB1CBF5 - Taken by SSPssp
Bioshock -- MB-F78A2A11100C88D9 - Taken by itschris
ulgzbKC.png
Super Panda Adventures (Desura) -- MB-37FF4F0E6017079D - Taken by Darth Kupi
Mafia 2 -- MB-E1932D887AE87D81 - Taken by Easton Dark

Alien8

A few spare keys. Nothing great...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Alien8:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Alien8, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Metal Slug 3 -- MB-CA07181338D27192 - Taken by Bacardi151
Bioshock -- MB-7CB86F9EE2F3069E
Galcon Fusion -- MB-2DCC361F154313B3 - Taken by Xamdou
Frozen Synapse -- MB-21F653240CB08082 - Taken by deadflower81
Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-49DB186D167EBF7A - Taken by breadtruck

After 50 hours and 94% completion in Assassin's Creed 4, I realize I should have stopped after about 5 hours.

Those tailing missions will be the death of me if I ever play another Creed game.

If you have yet to play AC4, or are thinking of getting it, and are expecting a game of exciting assassinations and ship combat, don't. It's a game of collectables and tailing missions, with a ship to get you to both. Sometimes you tail in the ship, too.

Strider

After 50 hours and 94% completion in Assassin's Creed 4, I realize I should have stopped after about 5 hours.

Those tailing missions will be the death of me if I ever play another Creed game.

If you have yet to play AC4, or are thinking of getting it, and are expecting a game of exciting assassinations and ship combat, don't. It's a game of collectables and tailing missions, with a ship to get you to both.

I liked AC4, but I avoided all side content and I dont chase after the collectables. If you just stick to the main story and the pirating stuff it's a pretty fun game.

This game has haunted me since it's release. At first I hadn't seen much and thought it was nothing special. Then I saw some gameplay and thought I'd really enjoy it. Finally the game released and the consensus was to avoid it.

I think this is a case of 'don't trust others to make up your opinions', as I'm sure I'd enjoy it and the complaints in the reviews are opinions of video game critics who are at one end of the game consumer spectrum
(the psycho end where it's necessary to pick on tiny details in order to justify a randomly assigned number)

Thanks for the giveaway.

If you have yet to play AC4, or are thinking of getting it, and are expecting a game of exciting assassinations and ship combat, don't. It's a game of collectables and tailing missions, with a ship to get you to both. Sometimes you tail in the ship, too.

I was going through the game originally collecting everything, all the side quests, etc. When I probably collected almost 2/3rds of the Animus Fragments I decided to look up what you unlocked for getting all of them. Nothing. Needless to say, I pushed through the game to get it over with at that point.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Dr Dogg, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dr Dogg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity Original Sin -- MB-19D4BD2BAF2C6AF1 - Taken by redlacs. 56 entrants total.

t1406500957z1.png

Double

I'm stuck on Valiant Hearts where I'd have to make some sausages lol. I obviously have to move the vessel, but isn't working. Maybe my keyboard is fking me up.

Ventara

ßthePenguin;122924194 said:
I'm stuck on Valiant Hearts where I'd have to make some sausages lol. I obviously have to move the vessel, but isn't working. Maybe my keyboard is fking me up.

Try quitting and starting again. I was stuck on one level where I think the game glitched on me. It just happened once, though.

cluQylA.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1406503800z4.png

Information said:
What is this?:
NeoGAF Games Night is a designated time where gaffers can play games together. This is a casual environment, players from all skill levels are welcome! Join the NeoGAF Games Night group to receive a notification through steam when an event has been scheduled and when it starts. PM anyone in the group for an invite.

What we are playing:
We will be playing DOTA 2, which ever game mode is most wanted.

How to join us:
Add me as a friend on steam and in the main menu of DOTA2 look under the Play tab->Find a Lobby->Friend Lobbies.

Players
  1. InvisibleStride
  2. Zero-Crescent
  3. Uzzy
  4. Deitus
  5. AsylumX
  6. Reckoner
  7. Htown
  8. *
  9. *
  10. *

Reserves/Casters/Coaches
  1. _hekk05
  2. Bacardi151
  3. 73V3N
  4. iosefe
  5. *
  6. *

If anyone has the streaming capability who wants to cast that would be awesome. Come join us and have fun!

Alien8

Do you know what I haven't seen a very long while? A Juniors Only giveaway. Have at you!

[AWESOME RAFFLE INSIDE]

Now only a small portion of you can moan about not being able to enter.

Well... for once, being one of the older junior mebers pays off :)

I'm not going to enter on the raffle, but thanks to Dr. Dogg anyway!

SSPssp

I have to agree, this game was fun and a great detective/adventure game. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the characters were interesting. I hope it gets more love once the price comes down.

MadGear

Having recently played Mario Kart 8 for the first time i really regret not getting Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed when it was part of the SEGA Humble Bundle (IIRC only for germany as a replacement to typing of the dead).
Great game and thats a high praise from someone who, up to that point, only really liked the SNES and to some extent the N64 game. However, it now has left a certain itch to scratch :D
Hope this will be repeated as a Flash Bundle soon.

Athleon

Man, the difficulty in hexcells plus is much higher than the base game. You really need to use every mechanic in every way possible to figure the puzzles out without mistakes.

Mono

Having recently played Mario Kart 8 for the first time i really regret not getting Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed when it was part of the SEGA Humble Bundle (IIRC only for germany as a replacement to typing of the dead).
Great game and thats a high praise from someone who, up to that point, only really liked the SNES and to some extent the N64 game. However, it now has left a certain itch to scratch :D
Hope this will be repeated as a Flash Bundle soon.

For whatever reason, I've been in a racing game mood for the past week; All-Stars Transformed looks super fun! I kind of wish I had picked up that bundle as well. I tend to overlook anything Sonic these days since the series had an awful streak going for a while there, but apprantly it's starting to redeem itself!

iosefe

Repost
======

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

$5.44 Steam Cash -- MB-D4D7E23E0E1715A5 - Taken by Pop. 26 entrants total.

t1406505938z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom