• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

valouris

Only now I find out about Playfire, such a bummer! Apparently I have 1.40 worth of money on Playfire now, but it doesn't show up on GMG. What am I doing wrong?

Repost

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ItsGeeMcGee, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only members who are ItsGeeMcGee may enter for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Divinity: Original Sin -- MB-52EE5DA3A9377D04 - Taken by phoenix296. 90 entrants total.

t1406502397z1.png

Needless to say, I pushed through the game to get it over with at that point.

Oh I was pushing through after I got the pistol swords. They sounded cool. Ended up being pretty uncool, and I wanted the game over with.

And the tail missions, man...

In a game with a movement system designed for you to climb and traverse quickly, why would they make half of the missions be about following someone as they take a leisurely stroll.

If you just stick to the main story and the pirating stuff it's a pretty fun game.

The 4 legendary ships, the assassin contracts, sailing through storms, the sea shanties, and Kenway's story were the only redeeming parts I can remember. The rest of it was an incredibly missed opportunity for interesting melee combat, and half of the story being the above-mentioned slow as molasses and frustrating beyond belief tailing missions. Everything else is collection, and useless collection at that.

What I will say as a positive is it ran very well and I can't think of a single time it crashed.

Nabs

Man, the difficulty in hexcells plus is much higher than the base game. You really need to use every mechanic in every way possible to figure the puzzles out without mistakes.

Yep. I can beat the first one in the time it takes to complete one of the later puzzles in HC+. I can't stop playing it even after I hit 100%.

Repost
======

So here's the deal, at this moment i have 5.44 in my steam Wallet, i'm gonna give that out so one lucky person that has won nothing in this glorious week of giveaways.

Who ever wins must message me on steam (info on my profile if i don't have you). You pick an item, or maybe even items totaling up to $5.44 USD.

That's a really nice giveaway.

You used a publicly displayed Steam key. Nothing to worry about.

I guessing someone tried to use the same Steam Key as you and then found it was already used and requested to see who held the Key

People who try and redeem a public key press the retrieve account info button in a flurry of rage, as they have no way of telling who redeemed it regardless.

I think someone suggested this a few pages back as a method of figuring out whether your old keys have been used or not.

Thanks for the replies everyone. It was worrying to receive that email and then confusing to not even be able to work out the point of it.

tmarg

For whatever reason, I've been in a racing game mood for the past week; All-Stars Transformed looks super fun! I kind of wish I had picked up that bundle as well. I tend to overlook anything Sonic these days since the series had an awful streak going for a while there, but apprantly it's starting to redeem itself!

Transformed is pretty great, and i've never been a fan of sonic, even in it's prime. I wouldn't let the recent platformers dissuade you.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I tend to overlook anything Sonic these days since the series had an awful streak going for a while there, but apprantly it's starting to redeem itself!

Only now I find out about Playfire, such a bummer! Apparently I have 1.40 worth of money on Playfire now, but it doesn't show up on GMG. What am I doing wrong?

Sometimes it takes a while for GMG and Playfire to sync up, so I wouldn't worry about it at the moment.

Khronico

8PM PST SteamGAF Killing Floor Match(es) lineup:
1. Ozium
2. Mozendo
3. Khronico
4. corrosivefrost
5. Sarcasm
6. KarmaCow

All slots are FILLED.

t1406516400z4.png

HoosTrax

Man, the difficulty in hexcells plus is much higher than the base game. You really need to use every mechanic in every way possible to figure the puzzles out without mistakes.
Keep at it, it's very satisfying once you figure the puzzles out. I can confirm that every puzzle can be done through pure logic, with no guesswork required. I had a bunch of times where I had to set a puzzle aside to work on another one, and once I picked it up again, I realized what I was missing the first time around.

Eliminating hexes that cannot be part of the pattern is just as important as figuring out which hexes are part of a pattern.

Athleon

Yep. I can beat the first one in the time it takes to complete one of the later puzzles in HC+. I can't stop playing it even after I hit 100%.

Yeah I'm currently replaying some levels to get the perfect, since I was pretty sleepy when I did them the first time and miscounted a lot.

Do you know of any other puzzle games of similar style and quality on steam? I have Lyne on my wishlist, is it any good?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

International Snooker -- MB-73936C089A62F0A9 - Taken by adriano999. 2 entrants total.

t1406500238z1.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Well he's wears a Fedora and a waistcoat. Then again I liked the game so what does that say about me?

Yes he does, but he is independently handsome so the normal stigma does not apply. The stigma from the fedora, and to a lesser extent the waistcoat, comes from the fact that most people who wear one are trying to use fashion to supplant their deficits in physical attractiveness.

Thanks!

Turfster

"The helicopter is defeated and it flies away. I think that's my favourite line."

And that was my second Sin Episodes: Emergence playthrough after many, many years.
Now I'm sad again.

"Save me a seat in the sequel" indeed.

Poor Ritual. Poor Sin Episodes. It wasn't your time yet.

Ventara

Here's an interesting naval strategy game. The game actually looks really good.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ventara, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Oil Rush -- MB-B9901CD77F8A58D2 - Taken by The Cowboy

Hugstable

Banned
Been having a long day so I haven't really been posting much at all today, but since it's the last day that this game is gonna be on sale, I feel everyone should have a chance at winning such a great game! May the RNG Gods be with you!

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hugstable, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

100% Orange Juice -- MB-FDAAAB83574ADFC1 - Taken by StAidan. 35 entrants total.

t1406510682z1.png

Mono

Amy looks kinda weird too. :|

how's work going Momo? It's rare to see you nowadays.

At least Tails looks somewhat normal
until you zoom in on his face

It's going great, I just don't have any free time!! Starting next week I'm not going to have nearly as many hours, so I'll actually be able to do stuff! I got off of work early today though, yay!! \o/

Andrefpvs

Been having a long day so I haven't really been posting much at all today, but since it's the last day that this game is gonna be on sale, I feel everyone should have a chance at winning such a great game! May the RNG Gods be with you!

Popular user-defined tags for this product:
Kawaii​

Hell yeah, I'm in!

bronson

For those who missed the giveaway yesterday, here's an extra key for a random hero in Marvel Heroes 2015. If you already used a key from the Tom's Hardware (Italian) giveaway, this won't work for you.

Even if you don't win, the code SDCCMH2015 is good for a free hero on every account (for a limited time). If you haven't played in a while, try and jump back in -- they've improved it a ton since last year.

ModBot said:
Instructions for bronson:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header_292x136.jpg

Marvel Heroes 2015 Random Hero Box (Tom's Hardware) -- MB-28F9BDB15857FF88 - Taken by Gunstarheroes. 3 entrants total.

t1406500838z1.png

Isn't it crazy to think how saturated a game can be in a community? Like, when BioShock came out, it was a hot product to get. But now, it seems as if everyone here has it.

Mono

Here's an interesting naval strategy game. The game actually looks really good.

It's an okay game! Kind of RTS, kind of not RTS; it's a bit weird. You control squads instead of individual units. I haven't played it in a long time so I may be wrong in this, but I think you can only target bases and not enemy units as well. The combat sequences look really cool, though!

This game has the most hilarious bad voice acting ever, too. The writing is so bad that doesn't even sound like English! It's more funny than anything.

Isn't it crazy to think how saturated a game can be in a community? Like, when BioShock came, it was a hot product to get. But now, it seems as if everyone here has it.

Ever since it was in the lowest Humble Bundle teir, people have practically been begging for others to take their Bioshock keys!

Isn't it crazy to think how saturated a game can be in a community? Like, when BioShock came, it was a hot product to get. But now, it seems as if everyone here has it.

I'd probably grab it in a garbage dump, but even though I don't have a steam copy, I leave the giveaways to people that might actually play it sometime soon. Great game, though.

Mono

Is Rogue Legacy better played with controller or keyboard? Felt Shovel Knight was fine with a keyboard, is RL the same?

I much prefer controllers for 2D platformers, but if you were able to play Shovel Knight with a keyboard, then you probably won't have any problems with Rogue Legacy! Rogue Legacy is a bit weird about key customization, though.

Hugstable

Banned
Is Rogue Legacy better played with controller or keyboard? Felt Shovel Knight was fine with a keyboard, is RL the same?

I prefer a controller for Rogue Legacy so I can just chill back and play. Most 2D games I tend to play on a controller, but I'm sure the game controls just fine with keyboard controls as well.

Dr Dogg

Less than 8 minutes left for Juniors to have a chance of winning Divinity OS

I'd laugh if any of you Juniors entering that giveaway become full members before it ends.

It would be even funnier if they pushed themselves over 300 to get by the no lurkers rule.

Well as mannerbot pointed out the jokes going to be on me if a juniored member gets drawn out the hat first.

I fear this.

I think your good unless you have the urge to post 85 times in the next 5 minutes ;)

Yes he does, but he is independently handsome so the normal stigma does not apply. The stigma from the fedora, and to a lesser extent the waistcoat, comes from the fact that most people who wear one are trying to use fashion to supplant their deficits in physical attractiveness.

Hahaha oh we've been hatting on hat wears here in Blighty for donkeys years. Plus a mate of mine has worn one for about 10 years and looks a right plonker.

BruteUA

Isn't it crazy to think how saturated a game can be in a community? Like, when BioShock came out, it was a hot product to get. But now, it seems as if everyone here has it.

I feel like the Big Daddy statue from the Limited Edition is sitting up there on the shelf above my monitor, mocking me.

I just pulled a foil on Freedom Planet. BIG MONEY BIG MONEY NO WHAMMIES STOP!

Also, Freedom Planet is really solid. I'm only really seeing the Treasure comparisons in the bosses though, but its charming, it plays like a really good old-school Sonic, but i do find it a bit on the easy side thus far, but i'm only through a few stages. Definitely something to have on your wishlist though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom