• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Binary Domain, how do you charge your rifle to do the shockwave?

Oh and voice controls are pretty cool/funny.

Hold down the middle mouse button, I think? It's been a while.

I never found that ability particularly useful.

But BD is a great game! It is SWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETT!

Enco

Hold down the middle mouse button, I think? It's been a while.

I never found that ability particularly useful.

But BD is a great game! It is SWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEETT!
Cool thanks. Think you need it on the first mission in the bridge area.

Will try next time I'm on.

Yea seems good. Been wanting to play for a long time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
anyone knows if the content in the Landmark packs is worth it, or should I just stick with the cheaper one (probably for what little Ill play in the end >_>)?

In Binary Domain, how do you charge your rifle to do the shockwave?

From memory you hold one of the shoulder buttons, that button was also assigned to something else though so test out holding down different buttons.

unfortunately I couldn't get the voice to work so I ended up using the controller commands which were limited to 'ok' 'no' or something like that. Enjoy telling your teammates how much you love them.

Enco

From memory you hold one of the shoulder buttons, that button was also assigned to something else though so test out holding down different buttons.

unfortunately I couldn't get the voice to work so I ended up using the controller commands which were limited to 'ok' 'no' or something like that. Enjoy telling your teammates how much you love them.
It's not perfect but lowering the detect volume helped a lot.

When Bo asked me a question I couldn't answer and he disliked me a bit though.

MTE

Isn't it crazy to think how saturated a game can be in a community? Like, when BioShock came out, it was a hot product to get. But now, it seems as if everyone here has it.

Indeed! I had my copy in 2 giveaways before it was taken - and then by someone that had already played it (Which is perfectly fine)

I only actually bought it in the 3 pack during the last sale. Who knew I was so behind the curve? >_>

maty

I've just sent a PM with "my loot" to Modbot and it says that I've given away only 1 game when I gave away around 70 games.

Guess I sabotaged myself when I changed my GAF username and now I won't be able to enter megagiver raffles. xD

The non-voice commands are hilariously labelled.

Like, it seems straightforward enough with "Yes" and "No," but then you see the ever-mysterious "Damn." which I can only assume means "fuck you" with how my party always reacted. I always thought it seemed like more of a "that was harsh, bro" response... but, whatever! BD does it's own thing, and it's great because of it.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hahaha oh we've been hatting on hat wears here in Blighty for donkeys years. Plus a mate of mine has worn one for about 10 years and looks a right plonker.

Be nice. A lot of hat wearers are going bald, and ball caps are only less casual than sandals. Be kind to your fellow man. Though, I wonder which look decreases a mans chances more.

*Shrug, I don't have to deal with that problem yet though.

cluQylA.png

When we are playing: Estimate Time
t1406503800z4.png

What the heck, I'll join in for a game or two.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I've just sent a PM with "my loot" to Modbot and it says that I've given away only 1 game when I gave away around 70 games.

Guess I sabotaged myself when I changed my GAF username and now I won't be able to enter megagiver raffles. xD
Lol that sucks but it should be an easy fix for stump.

dot

Well...you could always give out 24 more games. :p

It's not like many people use the megagivers rule anyways.

Fucking 9gag, they really steal everything from GAF.
I just saw Man Puncher's Yogcast gif up there.

This is hilarious.

Ventara

I've been playing Planet Explorers for a bit, and I gotta say I really, really like this game. But fuck, don't travel at night. There are these giant spiders and insects that kill you, and it's really hard to see them since it's night, except their eyes, which glow. And it was raining too, and they already killed my comrade. And they're fast

Dr Dogg

Well congratulations redlacs and thank you everyone that entered. Hopefully you'll be encouraged to post here more often and hopefully we'll start to see some more Juniors Only giveaways in the future.

Be nice. A lot of hat wearers are going bald, and ball caps are only less casual than sandals. Be kind to your fellow man. Though, I wonder which look decreases a mans chances more.

*Shrug, I don't have to deal with that problem yet though.

Oh no offence intended. Funny thing is though an old boss of mine said the reason he started to go bald was because he wore a hat constantly at an older job. At first the added constant pressure started to erode his hairline and then after a while his hair started thinning out more and more.

dot

I've been playing Planet Explorers for a bit, and I gotta say I really, really like this game. But fuck, don't travel at night. There are these giant spiders and insects that kill you, and it's really hard to see them since it's night, except their eyes, which glow. And it was raining too, and they already killed my comrade. And they're fast

Giant spiders? Oh dear.

Just what every game needs.

NinjaEdit: top of page, gah. Steam really needs a storefront overhaul.

I'm not gonna be home in time. Strike me off

I just realised your Steam username and GAF name have different capitalisations... Well, which is it - capped or non-capped? The future of your nickname depends on it.

Turfster

PlayInjector Beat the heat bundle
Tier 1: 1$
  • Globicide (DRM free)
  • Hassle Heart (DRM free)
  • Noire (Desura)
Tier 2: BTA
  • Numba Deluxe
  • Shi no Mori (Desura)
  • Skyward Collapse
  • 12 Labours of Hercules (Desura)
Tier 3: 9$
  • Miner Wars 2081

Hope nobody was waiting on their Stained Indie Royale keys

"We're not giving out keys because our very mediocre looking game that has not recieved any marketing isn't selling"
Read the entire FAQ, these guys sound super salty
That sucks. It a shame they didn't sell too well. It's a tough world out there in the game biz. Not sure if not giving out the keys is the best idea, though. They get those for free, right? Or do they have to pay Steam something?
It doesn't cost them anything.

Turfster

That sucks. It a shame they didn't sell too well. It's a tough world out there in the game biz. Not sure if not giving out the keys is the best idea, though. They get those for free, right? Or do they have to pay Steam something?

From what I know, they get them for free.
I don't know if they think those people will double dip now for a Steam key, but I'm really doubting people will bother.

Ventara

"We're not giving out keys because our very mediocre looking game that has not recieved any marketing isn't selling"
Read the entire FAQ, these guys sound super salty

It doesn't cost them anything.

From what I know, they get them for free.
I don't know if they think those people will double dip now for a Steam key, but I'm really doubting people will bother.

Ah, I see. I obviously don't know their situation, but it might've been a better idea to just give them out. There are gonna be a few angry people who'll be upset they didn't get their keys when they were implied they would if they buy the IR.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of iosefe, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (iosefe, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

$5.44 Steam Cash -- MB-D4D7E23E0E1715A5 - Taken by Pop. 26 entrants total.

t1406505938z1.png

That's a shame (and sorta sad, too), but I have to wonder what they honestly expected after they put their game into a pay-what-you-want bundle before it released on Steam.

Their expectation must have been: IR bundle causes greenlight success, Steam release leads to mass riches because it's on the front page side-tab of "new releases" for two days... I guess? Though to be fair, I think this was before some of that Steam front page stuff happened, such as the removal of "new releases" from the first view.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Can you please find an even bigger image ? :D

That's why it's quoted :p

It's a shame that the game didn't really sell well, but it's a competitive market. And honestly, the game just doesn't stand out to me. I'm sure the game is fine, but it really seems like a really normal, mediocre game.

Also, this in particular stood out to me:

When we were getting ready to release the game, it was on green light and was not making any progress, so we did interim release on Desura, then got into the IR bundle (we thought it will help a lot in the green light campaign however on the contrary game received only 100+ votes in the week we were on the IR bundle) and year after that we are here on steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I got my stained key from that bundle weeks ago by emailing the devs, something I'm doing more and more in case shit like this happens

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Does anyone know the order of the keys listed for the Codemasters Bundle at GMG? In my profile it's just a stack of unlabeled keys with no guarantee they're in the same order as listed on the bundle page.

iosefe

NinjaEdit: top of page, gah. Steam really needs a storefront overhaul.

I just realised your Steam username and GAF name have different capitalisations... Well, which is it - capped or non-capped? The future of your nickname depends on it.

I prefer lowercase. Been meant to fix that
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of iosefe, who is running this raffle.
Clarification: I buy you an item or items totaling equal to or less than $5.44

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of spindoctor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered Soul Suspect -- MB-7B4CC1AAD4285E8E - Taken by Manik. 53 entrants total.

t1406506718z1.png

Rhaknar

I know you were trying to help and I apreciate it, but that's not a steam key so it's meaningless to me :p I wasn't really asking "is this good should I buy it", it was just about the items in the more expensive tiers, which I guess only someone who has played it could awnser :)

I'll do some Google fu to figure it out :p

Elija2

The voice controls in Binary Domain were pretty disappointing. They didn't enhance the gameplay at all and often times you'd just end up making your teammates mad at you. All you really need are the basic options that a controller gives you.

maty

Lol that sucks but it should be an easy fix for stump.

Yeah, hopefully.

In the meantime. (all keys should work, if not sorry)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fly'n -- MB-B807A5081C66FE4F - Taken by PossumMeat. 1 entrants total.
Redshirt -- MB-001367AE6C15EC3F
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-02D4EE6B25008D2C - Taken by billmcdougal. 4 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-071284CB79088474 - Taken by Hugstable. 1 entrants total.
Eterium -- MB-7C84CED9756C1FFC - Taken by Kuroyume. 2 entrants total.
Retro/Grade -- MB-51BA700C99D8FD43 - Taken by KevMan1815. 1 entrants total.

t1406504198z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Yeah, I don't have an automated fix for this right now. If you PM me your old username (yes, I realize I was probably the one who did the name change to begin with, just make this easy on me) I can update the details to have the record sorted out correctly.

diablogod

Left overs

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (diablogod, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Metal -- MB-5383988D70348600 - Taken by ExitPlanetDust. 3 entrants total.
Reversion - The Meeting -- MB-E301905A1954A2A5 - Taken by factorone. 5 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-55563433CDE8B8A5 - Taken by $h@d0w. 4 entrants total.
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded -- MB-8CD09F18B210217E - Taken by freshVeggie. 3 entrants total.
Gravi -- MB-2E31F526728DA726 - Taken by XDDX. 5 entrants total.
Huntsman: The Orphange - Halloween Edition -- MB-3087E283025D91BF - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-D05FE550984CD3A1 - Taken by electroflame. 7 entrants total.
Woodle Tree -- MB-457C91D531E69334 - Taken by Pop. 4 entrants total.

t1406504558z1.png

All of my games in the favorites category are now also showing up in their original categories as well. In the past, the games only showed up in the favorites category. Is there a way to change this back? I have the latest beta version of Steam.

maty

Yeah, I don't have an automated fix for this right now. If you PM me your old username (yes, I realize I was probably the one who did the name change to begin with, just make this easy on me) I can update the details to have the record sorted out correctly.

PM sent, thanks again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom