• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on chairmanchuck, how can you say no to that!

Dat...
Spacesuit

Btw. I really wanna finish Thief, but it makes me so angry at some design decision. Why they think it would be good to have an "open-world" with loading screen that take forever )as in 5 seconds) to load?

Tizoc

Chairmanchuck is playing the superior games. He made the right call.

And anyways, Astrebreed will have a place waiting for him when he gets back. ;D

The brah needs to experience that frentic Zone of Enders bullet hell mecha action at least once! Let him start it after finishing Wolf Among us, I say play an episode a day then jump into Astebreed.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Murdered was already 10$ somewhere a few days ago, right?

It's $15 on GMG's site right now, but it was a little cheaper because of the site's voucher.

I never played Black Knight, but Secret Rings was...eh from what I hear.
Sonic 4 was made by Dimps and as I posted, forget Dimps and you could make a competent Sonic game.

I always forget that Dimps made Sonic 4. I mostly associate with the handheld games, completely forgot about it.

Both Secret Rings and Black Knight were garbage. I'm still slightly disappointed in myself for buying Black Knight in particular.

In many giveaways I have seen Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City amongst low-profile games.
I take both games were bundled at some point? Is there a way to acquire said bundles still?
After seeing all the screenshots in my activity KenOD and Dr Dogg posted, I got the liking.

They were in the Humble WB Bundle. And nope, not anymore.

In many giveaways I have seen Batman Arkham Asylum and Arkham City amongst low-profile games.
I take both games were bundled at some point? Is there a way to acquire said bundles still?
After seeing all the screenshots in my activity KenOD and Dr Dogg posted, I got the liking.

It was in 2 Humble Bundles before IIRC.

It's $15 on GMG's site right now, but it was a little cheaper because of the site's voucher.

Better not use my playfire money on something that will be 5$ in another month...

maty

Still available. For the love of god, someone please take aerena, it's been in my inventory since forever.

Aerena -- MB-2786077F50DAEF5C
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-D38A22EB6A2E22B0 - Taken by danhese007
Redshirt -- MB-001367AE6C15EC3F

Ventara

I'm actually wondering this, too. What was with all the B:AA and B:AC giveaways? There were a bunch, though I didn't win any, lol.

http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/The_Humble_WB_Games_Bundle

Not sure if it's likely, outside of a Flash Re-Bundle.

Ah, I see. Missed that one. Damn.

Strider

Asylum and City have both been $5 many many times. Given they also get a lot of praise pretty much everyone jumped at that price. They'll both hit that price point again Im sure.

Dr Dogg

Yeah Warner Bros did a Humble Bundle a while back just after the Steamworks patches. Might be a few out there but the offers on them are always quite good. Great series in my eyes and had fun with each and every one (against the grain Origins in my favourite).

Still available. For the love of god, someone please take aerena, it's been in my inventory since forever.

Nuke the keys and make a garbage modbot post out of that. Its far more likely people will take it then, since they wont get throlled for the inevitable Divinity giveaways.

Turfster

Did you ever get around to buying that?

Yep, bought it during the sale through the remains of the Iron Curtain, and finished it.
Still love that game, whatever anyone says. It was ambitious and tried, and some of the environmental storytelling is hilarious. Combat's pretty fun too, and the levels are coherent and well-readable.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, bought it during the sale through the remains of the Iron Curtain, and finished it.
Still love that game, whatever anyone says. It was ambitious and tried, and some of the environmental storytelling is hilarious. Combat's pretty fun too, and the levels are coherent and well-readable.

I'm kinda sad that Ritual was purchased by MumboJumbo.

Which one are you interested in?

http://indiegamebundle.wikia.com/wiki/The_Humble_WB_Games_Bundle
Not sure if it's likely, outside of a Flash Re-Bundle.
Games
  • [*]Batman: Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
  • F.E.A.R. 3
  • Lord of the Rings: War in the North
BTA Games
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited
    [*]Batman: Arkham City - Game of the Year Edition
    [*]F.E.A.R.
  • Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
  • Guardians of Middle Earth
Are you kidding me? Those three games were in one bundle and I missed it.

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

The Race for the White House -- MB-F8165935E6D6390A - Taken by Catshade
Coldfire Keep -- MB-5B605DB9FAF3DE01 - Taken by Ventara
Hippocampal -- MB-86E17822104B1D24 - Taken by Casimir
Yelaxot -- MB-1A30B816159CABA5 - Taken by EzioCroft
Heileen -- MB-5C17E1D5623926E7 - Taken by Ventara
The LootCastle -- MB-40EDD4830DF999C3 - Taken by Stumpokapow

dog5nd7h.jpg

Everything except Coldfire is Desura... Not sure why the icon doesn't show up.

Ventara

Everything except Coldfire is Desura... Not sure why the icon doesn't show up.

Ah, that's why I couldn't claim Heileen. If anyone wants it, quote me to see the code.

lol, how do you hide a code?

Edit: I don't know how to hide a code in a post, so just PM me for the desura code of Heileen.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
All the batman games are 5 bucks/euros on every sale these days anyway, even oranges and blackgate

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just tried to install Steam on my Mac, running OS 10.10 (Yosemite).

First: The install page says the software is 1.5 MB, the download is 2.8 MB. Fix this plz, Valve.

Second: I can drag Steam to the applications folder, but it won't launch, giving me a system-level error message that it is damaged.

Wonder if this is a beta bug related to Yosemite, or if Steam's current Mac build is broken. I have to imagine it's the former.

You also don't have F.E.A.R. on your account, you better correct that.
Argh, don't remind me. Having played most FPS in their prime, F.E.A.R. sadly remained only on demo playthroughs for me. I love FPS. No One Lives Forever, Soldier of Fortune, Half-Life, Deus Ex, Unreal (Tournament and yes even the second), Quake series, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Jedi Knight 2, Red Faction and even the lesser ones like Chaser gave me so much joy.
Where's a good place to scrounge for WB bundle resellers?

Holy crap at that
zombie whale nightmare thingy
mission in Enemy Within. Hasn't lost an operative yet in the game but got completely wrecked on the upper deck of that ship since the chrysalids can jump. I lost two support and a heavy, then high-taled it with my sniper and assault back to the sky ranger and aborted mission.

And I am playing on ironman too :(

HoosTrax

Ugh, just downloaded Path of Exile, and I'm already annoyed. Takes ages to load, and then, apparently I can't play a female knight or fighter, which is my usual RPG bread-and-butter. So I end up with the female ranger instead, except every single name I can think of is "A character with this name already existed".

I don't remember this much angst with Torchlight...not off to a great start.

tylerf

First: The install page says the software is 1.5 MB, the download is 2.8 MB. Fix this plz, Valve.

Second: I can drag Steam to the applications folder, but it won't launch, giving me a system-level error message that it is damaged.

Wonder if this is a beta bug related to Yosemite, or if Steam's current Mac build is broken. I have to imagine it's the former.

I've had all kinds of issues with steam on my Macbook since installing Yos. It's probably that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ugh, just downloaded Path of Exile, and I'm already annoyed. Takes ages to load, and then, apparently I can't play a female knight or fighter, which is my usual RPG bread-and-butter. So I end up with the female ranger instead, except every single name I can think of is "A character with this name already existed".

wait what? females cant be every class? lol who does that these days

Grief.exe

I wonder if DMC is getting a Mac/Linux port.

Capcom is doing some significant updates for the past month to a depot titled, 'ultron.' No other evidence, but I can't imagine any other explanation for that kind of work.

HoosTrax

wait what? females cant be every class? lol who does that these days
It's pretty lame -- out of the six available classes, only two of them (the "dainty" ones, witch and ranger) are female.

If you like to play as an armor-clad female fighter like I do, then you're SOL. I think this is taking the Diablo influence a bit too far.

I would at least be ok with playing a dude character, if the warrior wasn't such a meathead.

Turfster

Haven't tried Yosemite, but when I installed the latest Steam on 10.9.4 like, last week, it seemed to be stuck forever, finally starting the download half an hour later.
It's... not very robust, is what I'm saying.

Oh I haven't sold my Gunhound EX foil yet =/ Just wanted to post that image to showcase our reaction to having our Foils sell.

Speaking of which, what was the most you got from selling a Foil, SteamGAF?

I assume my Freedom Planet foil will be the most, but before that, my most was a 0.87 foil for Hotline Miami.

Hope you like lots of desyncing too a killer on hardcore mode :D

Rhaknar

It's pretty lame -- out of the six available classes, only two of them (the "dainty" ones, witch and ranger) are female.

If you like to play as an armor-clad female fighter like I do, then you're SOL. I think this is taking the Diablo influence a bit too far.

I would at least be ok with playing a dude character, if the warrior wasn't such a meathead.

Diablo influence? but you can be male or female in every class in diablo?

Also, are there any classes that males cant be in Path at least?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom