• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Argh, don't remind me. Having played most FPS in their prime, F.E.A.R. sadly remained only on demo playthroughs for me. I love FPS. No One Lives Forever, Soldier of Fortune, Half-Life, Deus Ex, Unreal (Tournament and yes even the second), Quake series, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Jedi Knight 2, Red Faction and even the lesser ones like Chaser gave me so much joy.
Where's a good place to scrounge for WB bundle resellers?
I'm jealous, I'd love to experience this game again for the first time.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I haven't sold my Gunhound EX foil yet =/ Just wanted to post that image to showcase our reaction to having our Foils sell.

Speaking of which, what was the most you got from selling a Foil, SteamGAF?

I got something around $8.50 during the summer sale for my Agarest 0 foil.

Agarest 0 is still probably one of the best purchasing decisions of my life since I bought for around $2 less than I sold that foil for. Based anime cards.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I haven't sold my Gunhound EX foil yet =/ Just wanted to post that image to showcase our reaction to having our Foils sell.

Around $10 for a Storm foil, of which I was the only seller in the whole market. Nobody bit at $20 nor at $15, so I had to lower the price a few times.

I got something around $8.50 during the summer sale for my Agarest 0 foil.

Agarest 0 is still probably one of the best purchasing decisions of my life since I bought for around $2 less than I sold that foil for. Based anime cards.

Yeah. Bought it during the summer sale for like 3 or 4 keys. Selling all the cards would make the game 3-4$.

Though most people didnt even notice Agarest Zero was on sale, when the first Agarest was on sale. Valve didnt do a good job showing that all of the games for this franchise are on sale.

Diablo influence? but you can be male or female in every class in diablo?

Also, are there any classes that males cant be in Path at least?

You're going to have to sit down and play the best ARPG of all time some day. It's known as Diablo 2, but what they really mean is D2 + the expansion, Lord of Destruction.

Diablo 2 had a handful of playable characters. A barbarian warrior, a paladin, a sorceress, an amazon, an assassin, a druid, and a necromancer - five male, two female. This made sense, because they were pre-made characters. There is no customization aside from their name and build.

wilflare

where's MarcoZC?
he's my buddy when it comes to not winning Divinity

---
and that dev really sounds salty :/ idk... giving bundle purchases keys + ensuring there's cards, etc would definitely help in the long run though?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's pretty lame -- out of the six available classes, only two of them (the "dainty" ones, witch and ranger) are female.

If you like to play as an armor-clad female fighter like I do, then you're SOL. I think this is taking the Diablo influence a bit too far.

I would at least be ok with playing a dude character, if the warrior wasn't such a meathead.

Not like you're going to see that "meathead" character for more than two seconds on logging in. So...

Not in Diablo 1 or 2, which is where Path of Exile takes it's cues from. There's a reason some of the hardcore consider it "Diablo 3." (No, that isn't one of the reasons)

-----

I'm not liking Dead Island: Epidemic. Installed it for the free +1 (since you keep it after the weekend is over) and since it's a MOBA I'm banging my head in rage against the stupid RTS-like elements.

The co-op is alright I guess, but gets kinda boring fast since it's just the same map(s) over and over and over again and the grind is HORRIBLE.

I just want to get 50% achievements so I can uninstall it but most of the achievements are pretty easy to get. WHY.jpg torturing myself.

HoosTrax

Also, are there any classes that males cant be in Path at least?
I thought that wasn't so in the early Diablo games, but I might be remembering incorrectly.

PoE has this weird dichotomy apparently. Four out of the six classes are male only:
marauder
templar
duelist
shadow

Witch and ranger are female only. Sorry Legolas fans. You know what, I'm really not feeling ranger. I hate playing ranger. I need the shiny armor and sword :|

I should probably just get Grim Dawn instead. I would honestly be shocked if I couldn't play any class as female in that game. I distinctly remember playing a female conquerer, with the sweet armor and plumed helm and all.

Not like you're going to see that "meathead" character for more than two seconds on logging in. So...
I guess I can try playing the marauder, and covering him up in full head to toe armor, so I don't have to look at his ugly mug. The templar is also an unattractive old coot. The shadow is an emo Dante-lookalike. If you're gonna force me to play a guy, at least make the character not repulsive to my eyeballs.

Corpekata

Banned
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Corpekata, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Finding Teddy -- MB-6CC148E7EEAC725B - Taken by taco543. 1 entrants total.
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-4821F9D2F2C6208A - Taken by the_firewithin. 1 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-0A61A51BEF4C83D3 - Taken by GaussTek. 1 entrants total.

t1406510918z1.png

Bought the Humble Weekly, quick raffle of the extras.

Momentary

Banned
They really need to go ahead and release all of the Ys series on Steam after TiTS. I thought that they were selling decently on Steam. I would love to see Memories of Celceta and Seven on there eventually.

Strider

Try Torchlight II and I hear the Van Helsing games are good too, I wasn't a fan of how PoE felt either.

I own Torchlight 2 but havent booted it up yet and I have both Van Helsing's in my wishlist so I'm hoping to try those too someday. Wasn't Torchlight 2 made by the devs of Diablo 1 and 2?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I should probably just get Grim Dawn instead. I would honestly be shocked if I couldn't play any class as female in that game. I distinctly remember playing a female conquerer, with the sweet armor and plumed helm and all.

No offense but...

You're playing from the top-down in Diablo/PoE. Why does it bother you so much that you can't see a "female" two-pixel (or maybe 15 pixel?) avatar 24/7? Besides, you're gonna gear up so those pixels become gear anyway...

Nabs

They really need to go ahead and release all of the Ys series on Steam after TiTS. I thought that they were selling decently on Steam. I would love to see Memories of Celceta and Seven on there eventually.

I'm willing to buy anything Falcom gets on Steam.

AsylumX

So I guess we're done now?

Edit: That was a fun game. Took me a while to figure out what to do as Abaddon. Once I figured out I was a tank/healer, I started to do much better.

That last game was fun. Those spiders are kind of cheap. You just throw them at towers...

Tizoc

Around $10 for a Storm foil, of which I was the only seller in the whole market. Nobody bit at $20 nor at $15, so I had to lower the price a few times.

Hmm I think I'll try for $10 this time with this foil.

Speaking of which, get Gundhound EX people, it's a kickass 2D shoot'em-up.

Turfster

You're playing from the top-down in Diablo/PoE. Why does it bother you so much that you can't see a "female" two-pixel (or maybe 15 pixel?) avatar 24/7? Besides, you're gonna gear up so those pixels become gear anyway...

Some people prefer playing female characters just not to be be Balddude McFistBif.
Some people on the internet are even female (shocking, I know) and prefer playing female characters ;)

RS4-

The thing about TL2 for me...is the loot. If you get one legendary, it'll be the exact same one your friend got. There's no rng stats for those drops.

Ventara

Reminder:

Here's an interesting naval strategy game. The game actually looks really good.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ventara, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Oil Rush -- MB-B9901CD77F8A58D2 - Taken by The Cowboy

Yeah I believe it was, I had a lot of fun with TLII, it feels a lot more similar to Diablo than PoE ever did.

Torchlight 1 & 2 have the same composer as Diablo - a man named Matt Uelmen. There might be some key people there, too. It's not the entire staff of D2 or anything, though.

Torchlight is... well.. it's a game, but it's not as fun as it should be. I always found it to be flat and uninteresting. The main draw was that it released before Diablo 3, so it was taste of what was to come.

PoE really tried to be a "throwback" to Diablo 2 - and it really feels like it at times... but the weird free-to-play-ness of the game breaks it (for me, at least).

HoosTrax

No offense but...

It's 150 pixels D: (I measured)

Ok, ok, I rerolled marauder. You better hope I find a full-face helm soon so I don't have to stare at a 150 pixel high avatar who looks like Nameless One from PS:T.

Deitus

The issue there is, all of the Ys games that have been released on Steam (as well as TitS) so far already had PC versions. At that point it was just a matter of red tape to get the game on Steam. Ys 7 and Celceta have only ever been on PSP/Vita, so it would require a straight up port. XSEED couldn't do that alone, they would need Falcom to do the port. I just don't think Falcom is that invested in the western PC market to expend effort on a port that would only sell in the west, sadly.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I thought that wasn't so in the early Diablo games, but I might be remembering incorrectly.

PoE has this weird dichotomy apparently. Four out of the six classes are male only:
marauder
templar
duelist
shadow

Witch and ranger are female only. Sorry Legolas fans. You know what, I'm really not feeling ranger. I hate playing ranger. I need the shiny armor and sword :|

I guess I can try playing the marauder, and covering him up in full head to toe armor, so I don't have to look at his ugly mug. The templar is also an unattractive old coot. The shadow is an emo Dante-lookalike. If you're gonna force me to play a guy, at least make the character not repulsive to my eyeballs.

Are the alternates locked behind a pay wall? PoE is still F2P right?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Sarcasm, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-FF27E666826BEFC7 - Taken by .Anema. 5 entrants total.

t1406514698z1.png

Volcynika

The issue there is, all of the Ys games that have been released on Steam (as well as TitS) so far already had PC versions. At that point it was just a matter of red tape to get the game on Steam. Ys 7 and Celceta have only ever been on PSP/Vita, so it would require a straight up port. XSEED couldn't do that alone, they would need Falcom to do the port. I just don't think Falcom is that invested in the western PC market to expend effort on a port that would only sell there, sadly.

I think Seven had some Chinese version or something on PC, but that's about it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

dsBesXz.png

those were the days...

Deitus

(DOTA 2) I think I need to do a few more bot matches before playing with you guys again....god damn.

Hahaha, I know the feeling.

Edit: The problem is, even if I do a bunch of bot matches, the next time we play I'm still going to end up with a hero I've never played before and have no idea how to use.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nabs stop using the training stage, this isnt evo! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom