• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Are the alternates locked behind a pay wall? PoE is still F2P right?
Not as far as I can tell. The cashshop has armor sets, spell particle effects, emotes, pets, and other stuff, but zero character customization stuff (no alternate genders or faces, etc).

H1PSTER

Anyone up for some SpeedRunners?

I wish I could play with you but waking my girlfriend up when she's gotta wake up for work in three hours isn't the best idea.

.. That being said if anyone reading this wants a fun, party game that is competitive and easy to get into Speedrunners is amazing and I highly recommend it.

iosefe

I wish I could play with you but waking my girlfriend up when she's gotta wake up for work in three hours isn't the best idea.

.. That being said if anyone reading this wants a fun, party game that is competitive and easy to get into Speedrunners is amazing and I highly recommend it.

just avoid dunder until you've clocked a few hours

Indignate

Hahaha, I know the feeling.

Edit: The problem is, even if I do a bunch of bot matches, the next time we play I'm still going to end up with a hero I've never played before and have no idea how to use.

What's stopping you?

Did you guys play a draft mode?

Yeah. Well I meant their console stuff too, but they've still got a handful of games to finish and release too. They are bringing us Corpse Party too!
Yeah I know they do console stuff too :p I just figured that it would be an either or kinda deal. Like if they had to pick one PC Falcom thing to do, y'know?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Not as far as I can tell. The cashshop has armor sets, spell particle effects, emotes, pets, and other stuff, but zero character customization stuff (no alternate genders or faces, etc).

Hmm, its probably because they are following the style of Diablo 2 then.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. Bought it during the summer sale for like 3 or 4 keys. Selling all the cards would make the game 3-4$.

Though most people didnt even notice Agarest Zero was on sale, when the first Agarest was on sale. Valve didnt do a good job showing that all of the games for this franchise are on sale.

The whole franchise going on sale thing was something that could have been handled better than it was, and I don't think most users were aware of it, for the most part.

Oh well, I got lucky enough to get a good selling foil, get a decent profit, and then use that money to fund giving away a few non-bundled games in raffles, so it turned out pretty well.

Yeah. Well I meant their console stuff too, but they've still got a handful of games to finish and release too. They are bringing us Corpse Party too!

Definitely excited for Corpse Party's release.

It's great that a lot of niche Japanese games are being localized in the near future, and I hope that trend continues.

Volcynika

Yeah I know they do console stuff too :p I just figured that it would be an either or kinda deal. Like if they had to pick one PC Falcom thing to do, y'know?

Well Deuce has already volunteered his translation should they choose to give us Napishtim (his work was also used for other Ys games for the most part), so at least they wouldn't have to start from scratch or anything!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
LIVE NOW: Serious Stream: http://twitch.tv/morningbus (Join us directly via Steam)

Serious Stream: Serious Sam 1 (Part 2) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam Second Encounter (Part 1) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam Second Encounter (Part 2) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam Second Encounter (Part 3) (youtube)
Serious Stream: Serious Sam 2 (Part 1) (youtube)

rC6gBur.jpg

What’s going on here?
SteamGaf sent Morningbus over 6 months worth of M&M cable credit codes. He agreed to stream Serious Sam 1 to 3, a series of games he has often compared unfavorably against a swift kick to the key areas.

But people like Serious Sam? Hell, I like Serious Sam!
Come, sip deep of his essence and let him pull back the veil behind the greatest fraud perpetrated in the history of the world.

Wait…
Just watch the stream.

No, hold up a sec. Why are people giving Morningbus their M&M debit cards I heard so much about?
That M&M promotion initially started off offering both $6 debit cards and $6 cable credits. However, the internet being what it is depleted those cards within just a few weeks of the promotion and now they are only giving away the cable credits. Some people have no need for this type of code and some people are just having fun seeing exactly how far Morningbus can take it.

Can I join in?
Certainly! Just join the Unofficial NeoGAF Mumble server (details here) and join the Serious Stream room. You can also chat through the Twitch.TV link from above.

M&M Scoreboard said:
126 from Jawmuncher
102 from Toki767
90 from Anustart
96 from Morningbus
54 from default two
48 from BinaryPork2737
42 from Cloudius12
36 from Mono
36 from CorrosiveFrost
36 from Stallion Free
36 from Chocobro
30 from Mokoi
30 from Xclash
30 from shadownet
30 from Cheddahz
24 from dot
24 from Gunstarheroes
18 from iosefe
18 from Pickles Spill
18 from Servizio
12 from tylerf
6 from Armoured Priest
6 from Amzin
6 from tiny raptor
6 from thesaucetastic
6 from Myshkin

Total: $966 worth of cable bill credits.

# of codes entered: 161.

Big thanks to: Shadownet for 2 codes, Binarypork2737 for 1 code, Xclash for 1 code, Chocobro for 1 code, Cheddahz for 1 code, and corrosivefrost for 1 code.

Ryne

Yeah. Bought it during the summer sale for like 3 or 4 keys. Selling all the cards would make the game 3-4$.

Though most people didnt even notice Agarest Zero was on sale, when the first Agarest was on sale. Valve didnt do a good job showing that all of the games for this franchise are on sale.

I did notice it and didn't buy it because I thought it wouldn't interest me, kinda regret it now.

I'll eventually buy it, once it is cheap again.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I use training stage because people on the internet like playing Street Fighter on toasters. It's just habit now.

I didnt see any difference the few times we got other stages. I just like variety, and the stages are pretty :(

Articalys

I like how the name "Serious Stream" has the alliteration going for it. Makes it roll off the tongue.
Now, if morningbus only had a username that also started with "S"...

Trying to decide which version of Landmark to pick up, if at all. I like the general concept of the game quite a bit but the feedback on the Steam forums (yea, I know) is that development on the game isn't progressing very much.

Anyone thinking about getting it? Any thoughts?

I did notice it and didn't buy it because I thought it wouldn't interest me, kinda regret it now.

I'll eventually buy it, once it is cheap again.

Did you play the first Agarest?

Agarest itself is a pretty boring SRPG. The visual novel parts are okay, but the gameplay is just bland boring.
While you have so many different stages in the NIS SRPGs or FFT and the likes, in Agarest you just have a square battle-arena with different skins.
Even some hentai-games have a better gameplay than Agarest.

donny2112

Haven't played Walking Dead Season 1, yet, but still looking forward to Walking Dead Season 2 going for super low prices once Season 3 (there is a Season 3 planned, right?) comes out. Great deals for the full seasons, there. :)

Ryne

Did you play the first Agarest?

Agarest itself is a pretty boring SRPG. The visual novel parts are okay, but the gameplay is just bland boring.
While you have so many different stages in the NIS SRPGs or FFT and the likes, in Agarest you just have a square battle-arena with different skins.
Even some hentai-games have a better gameplay than Agarest.

Nope, never played the first one, and part of the reason I didn't buy it during the sale was because of reviews like yours.

I would still like to try it once, but once the barrier of entry (cost) is low enough for me to tolerate it as a loss if I don't like it.

Nope, never played the first one, and part of the reason I didn't buy it during the sale was because of reviews like yours.

I would still like to try it once, but once the barrier of entry (cost) is low enough for me to tolerate it as a loss if I don't like it.

Like I said. The visual novel parts are okay. Just the gameplay is boring as hell and after a while you wish they would just sell it as a VN. Not sure if it changed with Zero.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Haven't played Walking Dead Season 1, yet, but still looking forward to Walking Dead Season 2 going for super low prices once Season 3 (there is a Season 3 planned, right?) comes out. Great deals for the full seasons, there. :)

Season 3 is planned yep.

Telltale is really good with putting old stuff on sale, except some of their work-for-hire stuff like the CSI and Law and Order games. Of their main games, only Jurassic Park doesn't get good sales regularly. I suspect you'd be able to get Season 1 and 2 combined for $12-15 by the beginning of Season 3.

You never got back to me. Arkham Asylum or Arkham City?
Oh snap. Did you message me, I don't have any PM or steam messages.
Well, your offering is aweful nice. Hm, I would gladly accept Arkham City as I played the demo for Asylum - so I have both played then, hah.
You are a nice person.
EDIT: Just read previous posts. I must have overseen your question.

donny2112

Season 3 is planned yep.

Telltale is really good with putting old stuff on sale, except some of their work-for-hire stuff like the CSI and Law and Order games. Of their main games, only Jurassic Park doesn't get good sales regularly. I suspect you'd be able to get Season 1 and 2 combined for $12-15 by the beginning of Season 3.

Haven't followed TellTale pricing for long, but that's good to hear! Jurassic Park was $6 in the Amazon Mayhem sale, but don't know if that was the exception to its sale history. On Walking Dead, started playing S1E1 on 360 when it was available for free, liked the first ~10 minutes so much that I went to find the whole season on Steam, but haven't made time to play it for more than a few minutes there, yet. It gets such good word of mouth, and the brief time with that one episode was so engaging that buying S2 is a no-brainer if it gets down to the $7.50 that S1 was at, at the time, though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom