• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
Since it's a new page and I'm gonna be off playing CS for a bit might as well repost.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Hugstable, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim -- MB-21622BA82D57F54A - Taken by Zantar. 33 entrants total.

t1405913082z1.png

Anustart

Fuck. Goal time on vr mission 1 is 40 seconds, I die at about 1 minute 50 seconds. Jesus christ. Dodge move is all well and good, but you can't even see shit coming.

Mono

It's a multi only shooter, and if you don't play with friends, the community can be rather... vitriolic.

In all seriousness, only download it if you want a multiplayer game, it really does have a stealth class and good lore but I don't think that's what you're in the market for.

If you do want a multiplayer FPS though then that should be your first stop. It really is the best game on Steam.

Can't really agree with this, it's miles ahead of something like DOTA's community.

Oooh. I don't think that would work for me! I need to get better at FPS game before I play online matches, people would yell at me for sure! :X
And I tend to hop around like a neurotic rabbit in games with a jump button, which might add to the teammate anger fuel, lol!

Toki767

Oooh. I don't think that would work for me! I need to get better at FPS game before I play online matches, people would yell at me for sure! :X
And I tend to hop around like a neurotic rabbit in games with a jump button, which might add to the teammate anger fuel, lol!
Jumping around didn't help me at all in Destiny.

Nabs

Anyone down for some Skullgirls or SF? I could throw up a lobby with a direct link if enough want to play.

I think Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a good recommendation based on that description.

FPS games with good stealth are rare. Crysis might be one. Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay another.

Second this post, I'll also add metro last light to that list. All great choices if you ask me.

Caerith

I still can't believe Doom of all things is getting a reboot. Like anyone ever cared about the plot.

If they're going to reboot it, let's hope the upcoming game is, like, Crisis on Infinite Dooms. Doomguy, aka Doomguy-616, sole survivor of the human race after scientists opened a portal to Hell, suddenly finds himself joining the Doomguy Corps, made up of members like Doomguy-Prime, whose world was invaded by Great Old Ones, and Doomguy-LL, whose scientists opened a portal to the alpaca dimension, and of course Doomgal.

I mean if you're going to do a reboot, at least take it as seriously.

Turfster

Why? This is very stupid! Dedicate an entire show for their games, then show their most awaited game in screcy. It is like confirming HL3, but only selling it to CIA!

Trying to drum up hype for a franchise that's so far beyond its sell by date they have to resort to stupid tricks like this.

I'm as big a doom fan as the next guy, but it's been 10 years since the last one, which wasn't all that great.

I'm wondering what shenanigans they're going to try for Quake, if and when they finally get around to building a new one =p

How about

Rocket jumping?

Anustart

I might as well just fucking give up on mgr. I can get first boss down to 89%, woo fucking hoo. Flash red? Party by attacking in his direction! Which means getting fucking wailed on because it doesn't do shit.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I didn't have any spare keys, so I had to test this new feature using an Origin turd.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Stumpokapow:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an Origin key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Stumpokapow, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-C70B06DC1A8D199B

t1405916428z1.png

dot

I might as well just fucking give up on mgr. I can get first boss down to 89%, woo fucking hoo. Flash red? Party by attacking in his direction! Which means getting fucking wailed on because it doesn't do shit.

I think you're doing something wrong.

You're supposed to parry, not party.

Maybe that's why you're having trouble. :p

Anyone down for some Skullgirls or SF? I could throw up a lobby with a direct link if enough want to play.

If only i had Street Fighter... been in the mood to play that lately :(

Turfster

The dog thing?
It's "lol learn to block and parry" 'tutorial', or so people tell me.
It's doable, but it's not very fun.

I didn't have any spare keys, so I had to test this new feature using an Origin turd.

Interesting. Hourly? Halfway mark?

dot

What's the new feature?

Only for breaking out of maps!! \o/

Come to think of it, you could also try Blacklight Retribution. It's pretty much a sci-fi Call of Duty without the killstreaks. Free to play. That was like my first serious FPS game on steam too that helped ease me from console fps to pc fps.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have 30 hours in Abyss Odyssey.

That's all I wanted to say in this post.
i'm at 18

nightmare mode is pretty tough btw

at which level did u beat it

They are if you want to play it that way
deus ex is a shitty fps if you play it that way, dxhr is passable at best and dishonored is like whatever, if dishonored's a fps then so is mirror's edge and mount & blade with fire and sword

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Guess that won't work with edited text/images like Butt Simulator.

Correct, it won't pick up on any edited giveaway syntax.

In addition, you don't tell it when to repost--for 3 hour giveaways it reposts once (after 2 hours, 1 hour remaining). For 24 hour giveaways, it reposts twice (after 12 hours / half way; and then after 23 hours, 1 hour remaining). This seemed like a fair compromise to me and people don't like it they can not use it, but I think it's a good balance between etiquette and not spamming vs getting attention for your giveaways.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
by the way - if any of you are interested - TheWorse finally released the 1.0 version of his mod for Wash_Doge ... you know - the guy that found all those "hidden E3 goodies" in the game

anyhoo - here's the link to the mod and here's a blog post with comparison screenshots

Mono

Come to think of it, you could also try Blacklight Retribution. It's pretty much a sci-fi Call of Duty without the killstreaks. Free to play. That was like my first serious FPS game on steam too that helped ease me from console fps to pc fps.

Ooo, that looks cool! I'll check it out!

zkylon

zkylewd
btw i really like stalker as an fps with a pretty big focus on non-traditionally fps-y stuff like scavenging and exploring and moody minimalist atmosphere, with a rpg-like game structure and a weird ass russian universe

it's a game that it's not much about headshots and explosions and crap so you might enjoy it

tho you can't go wrong and just play original doom if you want to know why fps are great

More than 50 I think. Sadly not registering on the leaderboards. (Leaderboards might be fixed tomorrow)
yea imma cool off it until leaderboards and shit are back

i feel like i'm doing a lot of grinding at this point which i don't like

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i'm at 18

nightmare mode is pretty tough btw

at which level did u beat it?

I used Katrien at 70 but also made it with Ghost Monk at 40 and Pincoya at 38. I admit I did cheat a bit with the black fog glitch with Pincoya in the tough time.

zkylon

zkylewd
I used Katrien at 70 but also made it with Ghost Monk at 40 and Pincoya at 38. I admit I did cheat a bit with the black fog glitch with Pincoya in the tough time.
ah ok

i got to the horse spamming dude with 33 katrien but it was tough

you get stunlocked really easily in nightmare mode

i wonder if this game couldn't use one of those fighting game commands to like push everyone away in exchange for a cancel point or something

Is Abyss Odyssey fun in single player? I'm waiting until they fix the co-op save issue before I plan to enter the abyss again, but I'm itching to play some more of it sooner then that.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't played Deus Ex: Human Revolution! Everyone's been reccomending it to me since it came out since I'm a big sci-fi fan, but I always thought it was one of those online-only CoD type games. I guess it's more stealth, though?

It's a single player stealth based game. There's no online component at all :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom