• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Is it worth considering a DS4 or Xbone controller for the PC? I have a wired previous gen Xbox controller which barely gets much use due to the cord, so was thinking a newer wireless version might be a good start as increasingly more games I'm picking up work better with a controller.

Pick up whichever one you feel is better, they both work fine.

XBO has native drivers, but is not wireless currently. DS4 has some extra software to create xinput comoatibility, but is wireless.

Mono

By the way, I'm just gonna host my Morrowind install on my Skydrive so people can just download the install and dump it over their Steam install. It's mostly for me, but I can put it in my public folder for people to use.

Omg, that would be awesome! Please do!

If you upload them, how do I add them to my copy of Morrowind? Just replace all off the Steam/SteamApps/common/Morrowind files with your files?

Omg, that would be awesome! Please do!

If you upload them, how do I add them to my copy of Morrowind? Just replace all off the Steam/SteamApps/common/Morrowind files with your files?
Pretty much. And then check to see that everything is activated correctly in the data files.

Jawmuncher

XBO has native drivers, but is not wireless currently. DS4 has some extra software to create xinput comoatibility, but is wireless.

The DS4 wireless can be picky for some though. I know me and a few others have not had good luck with it.

If he's going for a wireless option the 360 controller is still the best get.

Coreda

XBO has native drivers, but is not wireless currently. DS4 has some extra software to create xinput compatibility, but is wireless.

Thanks. In that case it's between the DS4 and an Xbox 360 wireless. Wasn't a huge fan of the previous Dualshocks but the newer one does look appealing, will have to try one in store. Presumably the touchpad does nothing at this stage on PC.

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-C52228A68A2A94C3 - Taken by salazar547. 47 entrants total.

this is the mystery game

image.png

thanks for the game L.O.R.D :)

dot

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-C52228A68A2A94C3 - Taken by salazar547. 47 entrants total.

this is the mystery game

image.png

thanks for the game L.O.R.D :)

I figured it was a Operation Flashpoint game since the others were too.

Too bad for the people thinking it was something else like Bad Rats. :p

Grief.exe

The DS4 wireless can be picky for some though. I know me and a few others have not had good luck with it.

Could be a cheap Bluetooth adaptor if that is the case.

Thanks. In that case it's between the DS4 and an Xbox 360 wireless. Wasn't a huge fan of the previous Dualshocks but the newer one does look appealing, will have to try one in store. Presumably the touchpad does nothing at this stage on PC.

The DS4 is a huge improvement over its predecessor so give it a shot.

Some of the software iterations are compatible with the touchpad.

It was Dust lol

Dust was the gift or the person?

Highly dependent on your chosen software for the DS4 (or DS3) and the OS as well as the bluetooth driver you're using.
My DS4 is janky at times. My DS3 is flawless. My wireless x360 controller, when I used it before I changed to the SCP DS3 software that runs both DS3 and DS4, dropped all the fucking time (in addition to having the most abysmal d-pad known to mankind and several other areas where I personally feel it falls way short of the mark).

For me, it goes like this:

DS3 (with real triggers) > DS4 > Xbone > x360.

But I'm an anomaly most of the time. :p

Strazyplus

fuck it, had to buy skyrim

im researching how to do mods now.. should be a good time

the hard part is when you know you need to cut off mods from your list... want more stuff? or a more stable Skyrim?

I usually avoid anything that modifies or adds objects to the world.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this week is ridiculous

tuesday: Shadow Blade Reload, Halfway, Freedom Planet, OliOli
wednesday: Unrest
thursday: Gods Will Be Watching, Darkwood

edit: also frost is lying he already had Divinity

Motherfucker

Have fun.

:/

I really need to play that. I've been putting it off too long.

y u do dis

oh wait. you mean the one that just ended?
I won a giveaway for it back during the summer seal... thank you based-nbnt. :3

this week is ridiculous

Hurry up Steam support, where's my refund?

this week is ridiculous

edit: also frost is lying he already had Divinity
I know Unrest is on my wishlist but I have competely forgotten what it is. I can't hold all these games.

Strazyplus

I am heading to bed and my giveaway is about....
t1405918588z1.png

Prizes are:

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin)
vRvbDCu.png
Battlefield 3 (Origin)
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising
Saints Row: The Third

CLICK HERE TO WIN!

Last post about it... honest!

I know Unrest is on my wishlist but I have competely forgotten what it is. I can't hold all these games.

So cant wait for Gods will be watching... I even tried to win it in a raffle... *Sheds man tear*
anyway hopefully people who get my prizes like to play those games with me :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

From the June thread.

"An adventure RPG set in a fantasy version of ancient India, Unrest is a game that looks fairly interesting. Players see the game's
narrative through the perspective of four characters from diverse backgrounds, and every person in the game's world will have their own
opinions of each character thanks to the complex conversation system in place. The choices you make matter, influencing the
reactive narrative even if one character dies, or if another simply gives up on their goals. Combat is "based on the fencing simulation of
Sid Meier's Pirates!" according to the developers, but combat is always personal, and is entirely avoidable; you will always know who
you are fighting and why you are fighting them. Plus the game has full mod support if that's something that interests you. Unrest seems
like a game with a lot of potential if it fully delivers on everything it promises."

Anustart

Getting a hang of the mgrr battle system. Grades have gone from c and d to a and b. And just beat mistral.

Need to go back and get a on everything, unless there's a higher grade.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Unrest is the one that Turf is gifting me, he just volunteered because he is in constant Unrest from his fucked up arm

already own gods will be watching, im buying darkwood and halfway myself, pork is gifting me freedom planet because he's the new X05, frost has shadow blade because it looks like strider and hes a strider fanboy, so who has olioli? lash because his avatar looks like a skater? boom done

now THATS how you motherfucking stealth beg in style, take notes younglings!

Unrest is the one that Turf is gifting me, he just volunteered because he is in constant Unrest from his fucked up arm

already own gods will be watching, im buying darkwood and halfway myself, pork is gifting me freedom planet because he's the new X05, frost has shadow blade because it looks like strider and hes a strider fanboy, so who has olioli? lash because his avatar looks like a skater? boom done

now THATS how you motherfucking stealth beg in style, take notes younglings!

But I already gifted you Lu Bu.

Rhaknar

But I already gifted you Lu Bu.

well you suck then, you ruined my plan. you ruin everything frost, stop gifting the wrong games :(

sidenote: im so fucking sleepy, its not even funny anymore, its just sad. fuck sundays

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom