• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Feeling goofy tonight....for some reason i just feel like singing jingles and theme songs...

I I love love double double Chex Chex

I finally started Shadowrun Returns, and man, they absolutely nailed the tone and style i remember from the Sega Genesis game i used to play (i haven't done much with the pen-and-paper stuff or the books). The combat feels really good, the characters are all really cool, the music is atmospheric, and the story has been really interesting thus far. I'm sad its taken me this long to boot it up.

Is
the dude in the freezer at the morgue the guy from the old game?

Hugstable

Banned
Hey, so the Operation Breakout and Operation Phoenix for CSGO. are those like expansion packs? do you have to pay per month for each of them?

and how come they're not available for purchase on Steam directly?

LOL I thought I told you about them yesterday. You are actually able to get the ticket for Operation Breakout from inside the CS:GO Client or from teh community market. It's a one time $6 thing and you get access to tons of new maps and you also get the new breakout cases and drops. You only have to pay once.

Shadownet

Banned
Breakout is the one right now. And you don't need to pay for a pass for this one to play the maps (which you usually do in-game to play the maps) this time it's only for the extra stuff like cases and mission drops.

LOL I thought I told you about them yesterday. You are actually able to get the ticket for Operation Breakout from inside the CS:GO Client or from teh community market. It's a one time $6 thing and you get access to tons of new maps and you also get the new breakout cases and drops. You only have to pay once.

oh thanks. Gotta save up some money and get it soon. I think the $6 price is for a limited time only. good thing you don't have to pay for it monthly.

Yakkue

I've just beaten Rajani in Dungeon Siege III..sheesh, that was a close call! My companion had to revive me twice, very useful feature.
Loving the game so far.

Hugstable

Banned
oh thanks. Gotta save up some money and get it soon. I think the $6 price is for a limited time only. good thing you don't have to pay for it monthly.

I don't know if they do it for any of the more recent passes since this is my first operation since the orignal one and Operation Bravo, but once those Operations were getting close to ending, they lowered the price of the ticket down to a dollar. If you have a friend who has the pass though you are still able to play the new Breakout Maps, you just won't get the new drops and the Breakout Cases.

wilflare

DOTA2 noob here
(okay... I only played with my friends vs bots... in the original Three Corridors and DOTA)

I always play the Drow Ranger -and only the Drow Ranger-
I kinda prefer AGI heroes cause they are easier and more straightforward (to me at least)

any suggestions what other heroes I should look at?
my friends are bugging me to try something else

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Casimir <3 btw i love your avatar.

----------

I'm pretty sure CW is getting the bill. or maybe its the same budget as Smallville, only things cost less now. CGI was expensive back then.

Yeah its called Gotham. a young kid Bruce Wayne, and young Catwoman too.

tumblr_mnzvukktH81rezdhvo1_500.gif
-----

At least it isn't Fox or one of the broadcast networks.

I give it one season before it's cancelled though because Fox.

dot knows whats up.

I finally started Shadowrun Returns, and man, they absolutely nailed the tone and style i remember from the Sega Genesis game i used to play (i haven't done much with the pen-and-paper stuff or the books). The combat feels really good, the characters are all really cool, the music is atmospheric, and the story has been really interesting thus far. I'm sad its taken me this long to boot it up.

They just announced a planned release of a standalone Dragonfall : Directors Cut, so you probably started at the right time.

Kickstarter link.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kirby reminds me if these videogame characters existed in real life, they would be fucking terrifying

I've just beaten Rajani in Dungeon Siege III..sheesh, that was a close call! My companion had to revive me twice, very useful feature.
Loving the game so far.

praise for DSIII, not something you see often

I actually liked it too, bit short tho

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
They just announced a planned release of a standalone Dragonfall : Directors Cut, so you probably started at the right time.

Kickstarter link.

The great thing is that it's free for anyone that owns the expansion. I'm really glad I picked it up during the summer sale.

There should be a custom background for 4.99 that lets you choose your own picture, but only once

Put it at $0.25 and I'll bite.

Is
the dude in the freezer at the morgue the guy from the old game?

Yes, he is the one from the SNES version, which i also played as a kid that my friend had. The genesis version is very different, but they are both great. I honestly geeked out a whole bunch when i saw that

73V3N

Banned
DOTA2 noob here
(okay... I only played with my friends vs bots... in the original Three Corridors and DOTA)

I always play the Drow Ranger -and only the Drow Ranger-
I kinda prefer AGI heroes cause they are easier and more straightforward (to me at least)

any suggestions what other heroes I should look at?
my friends are bugging me to try something else

Bloodseeker, Riki, Viper and Sniper.

There should be a custom background for 4.99 that lets you choose your own picture, but only once

There could be legal troubles for Valve this way, if one company decided to sue them. Right now Valve has the copyright for these backgrounds, but if you upload your own pictures and use them as backgrounds, someone could sue Valve for copyright infringement.

Not to mention lewd backgrounds.

dot

There could be legal troubles for Valve this way, if one company decided to sue them. Right now Valve has the copyright for these backgrounds, but if you upload your own pictures and use them as backgrounds, someone could sue Valve for copyright infringement.

Not to mention lewd backgrounds.

But i already see lewd avatars all over the place on steam.

I mean stuff like boobs hanging out.

Ventara

Guys, after 22 attempts at winning it through Modbot, my search for Divinity: Original Sin is over.

Just a little while ago, I received a gift item from Fuzzification, and it was none other than Divinity:Original Sin. The number one item on my wishlist. And here it was, randomly gifted to me. Apparently, Fuzzi had done a giveaway of his own with 5 copies of Divinity: Original Sin, with the entrants being the friends on his Friends List who wanted the game, and I won. I won Divinity: Original Sin. Out of the kindness of Fuzzi's heart, because he just felt like being awesome and giving 5 copies of the game away. I've never done anything for Fuzzi, and I never even talked to him. In fact, the only reason he was on my Friends List was because I had won Transistor from him. I was a complete stranger to him. Absolutely zero benefit to giving me the game. Yet here he was giving it to me.

Guys, what I'm trying to say is, is that Fuzzification is a great dude with a heart of gold. You've all seen the amazing giveaways he does. I'm extremely happy to have him on my Friends List, and that you should all try to get to know him. There aren't very many people like him. Fuzzification, thank you so much for Divinity: Original Sin, and an even bigger thank you for just being such an amazingly generous person! You can bet that I'll get you back for this.

Guys, after 22 attempts at winning it through Modbot, my search for Divinity: Original Sin is over.

Just a little while ago, I received a gift item from Fuzzification, and it was none other than Divinity:Original Sin. The number one item on my wishlist. And here it was, randomly gifted to me. Apparently, Fuzzi had done a giveaway of his own with 5 copies of Divinity: Original Sin, with the entrants being the friends on his Friends List who wanted the game, and I won. I won Divinity: Original Sin. Out of the kindness of Fuzzi's heart, because he just felt like being awesome and giving 5 copies of the game away. I've never done anything for Fuzzi, and I never even talked to him. In fact, the only reason he was on my Friends List was because I had won Transistor from him. I was a complete stranger to him. Absolutely zero benefit to giving me the game. Yet here he was giving it to me.

Guys, what I'm trying to say is, is that Fuzzification is a great dude with a heart of gold. You've all seen the amazing giveaways he does. I'm extremely happy to have him on my Friends List, and that you should all try to get to know him. There aren't very many people like him. Fuzzification, thank you so much for Divinity: Original Sin, and an even bigger thank you for just being such an amazingly generous person! You can bet that I'll get you back for this.
Is that what the story behind the random Divinity was? Awesome. <3 Fuzz

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Because it's a girl, it would be inappropriate to post the image in the Steam thread.

meh do it, we're heading straight to community soon anyway

ive given up

edit: also Fuzz isnt amazing at all, he cant take a gift without going into panic mode, quite annoying in fact!

I hate you. Congratulations! I know that feel when you wake up or log on to a random gift. feelsgoodman

this is true. even when the gift is some hentai dlc, right Lash? Pervert!

Volimar

I hate you. Congratulations! I know that feel when you wake up or log on to a random gift. feelsgoodman

Adnor

Banned

Congrats! :D Can't believe how generous Fuzzi is.

Lain

After Vertical Drop Heroes HD and SpeedRunners yesterday and spending a bit too much time at the PC, I was so tired I ended up falling asleep like a log and missing even a couple episodes of 666 Park Avenue (which I'm only watching because of Terry O'Quinn).
It was cool to come back to the PC, look at the emails and see I had received a gift from Mokoi (Nozomi is the best Love Live! character!). Saving me money so I'll be able to grab Trails tomorrow. Much love <3.

Now for something more related to Steam games, since it was added to indiegala and I already have it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Chaos Engine -- MB-01B7E89B5CCDA543 - Taken by DaBargainHunta

Rhaknar

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

I try but most people dont so whats the point? back to avatar quoting my way to community, at least I have Man Puncher's amazing avatar to use

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of dirtywhirlwind, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dirtywhirlwind, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Concursion -- MB-FE07EA69CCC2C5CD - Taken by bobnowhere. 13 entrants total.

t1406530599z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

that's Fuzzi for you :) one of the most awesome, kind and generous people I've ever gotten to know ... he's DA MAN!! :)

this is true. even when the gift is some hentai dlc, right Lash? Pervert!

hey, don't try to pin that on me ... YOU had that on your wishlist, you dirty perv you!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom