• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

saunderez

I still don't know if TGWBW is a good if flawed game or if it is a bad game that showed promise during previews. All the impressions suddenly turned into a metaphysical critique of the steam review population.
After failing the first chapter a dozen times and giving up I'm gonna go with the latter. There's no fun to be found in that shit.

dot

Nice giveaways around this time..... maybe i shouldn't go to sleep yet.

i'm totally going to sleep right now bye

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I love it when this happens. It's rare.

landmarklfxs3.jpg

Steam can be told to ignore certain apps when running its ownership cross-check, which is why, for example, you can't upgrade a Uplay game from the standard edition to the DDE just by buying the DDE when it's on sale (Steam is set to look at only the base game and you already own it) -- but once in a blue moon a publisher forgets to do this.

I'm not sure what possessed me to write such a lengthy review for Deus Ex: The Fall, but there it is.

TL;DR: The base game has its problems, but the issues that stem from a rushed portjob chip away so much, making it tough to recommend on PC. If you're thinking of upgrading your HB to BTA for it, wait and see what bonus games they add on Tuesday.

There's a special kind of Steam person who's up at this hour.

Well, I'm a Steam "person". And I'm sure I'm "special" in some way.
Maybe that way is that I already procured my copy of DR3 so that I cannot play the speevy raffle game. :p

Apparently Megagivers are only up at this hour...

Always complaining about the MEGAGIVERS gate and yet you do nothing to get through it... shame on you, Sajaja. :p

saunderez

This is concerning the portion of the game that features a mandatory game of
russian roulette
?
Nah, just the very first "puzzle". Though I wouldn't really call it a puzzle it's more like a trial and error micro-management nightmare. I'm usually not too bad with micro-management but this is the exact opposite of fun.

Arthea

Why corrosive person is playing Yaiba? It was on sale somewhere?
not going to watch any streams as I plan to play it, just tell me shortly do you enjoy stupid amounts of violence or was it PR talk.

Why corrosive person is playing Yaiba? It was on sale somewhere?
not going to watch any streams as I plan to play it, just tell me shortly do you enjoy stupid amounts of violence or was it PR talk.

Because lash somehow convinced me to do a run of it on Hell difficulty.
And because I like it.
It got a pricedrop awhile back, but it's still $30 in the US.
And yeah, it's violent. As violent as you would expect a game about slaughtering zombies as a robotic ninja to be, anyway.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
No, that's the
second chapter
, he's still in the opening.
Nah, just the very first "puzzle". Though I wouldn't really call it a puzzle it's more like a trial and error micro-management nightmare. I'm usually not too bad with micro-management but this is the exact opposite of fun.

Oh dear. I didn't know it had other early issues.

Correct, and I'm going to do what the gaffers to best: not playing games.

As Moloch decreed. If you don't mind, what city/area are you visiting?

And the undead.

You're old enough to get the reference Tellaerin. You're killing me here.

Arthea

Because lash somehow convinced me to do a run of it on Hell difficulty.
And because I like it.
It got a pricedrop awhile back, but it's still $30 in the US.
And yeah, it's violent. As violent as you would expect a game about slaughtering zombies as a robotic ninja to be, anyway.

You like it? That's something unseen so far, everybody seemed to hate it. (><)
I'll pick it up at winter sale, most likely.

saunderez

Oh dear. I didn't know it had other early issues.
For all I know there's an excellent game after that "challenge". But I don't have the patience for that shit when I've got several hundred other games I could be playing that won't frustrate the shit out of me. Frustration is the single thing that will make me quit a game and never come back.

AngerdX

Steam support is killing me, been since the 14th and still no damn response and resolution to my issue. :/

This seriously gotta be the worst support i have ever had the displeasure of having to deal with.

For such a large corp it just leaves me speachless that it can stand. :(

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Most likely. Me too. I'm gonna try to hold off a little bit longer since I'm not exactly short a backlog right now. Impulse buying is a bitch.

I generally tend to hold off on buying early access games until full release unless there's a sale that's too good to pass up. Darkwood looks so good though.

I still don't know if TGWBW is a good if flawed game or if it is a bad game that showed promise during previews. All the impressions suddenly turned into a metaphysical critique of the steam review population.

I'd have to go with promising but inherently flawed. There's just so much chance involved that it becomes tedious and frustrating, to the point that winning in the strategic management portions of the game just feel as if you're succeeding through dumb luck more than anything else. It's kind of like banging your head against a wall and hoping that you break through to the other side without hurting yourself.

The narrative, art style, and music really make me want to like it, but there's so much working against it.

I do want to try Gods though. I wonder if its problems can be patched, or if there are functions/techniques that bypass those problems.

It could use a balancing patch, but I sort of doubt it'll happen. It feels like the luck based stuff is supposed to make you feel frustrated to prove a point.

Someone hold me, everything is TLoU on the main page...
When it's obvious it should be TitS.

I really hope that TLoU isn't Gaf's GOTY two years in a row. I get the feeling that it's going to be though.

wilflare

so these are the sites I frequent for bundles

Groupees
IndieRoyale
Humble
IndieGala

IndieGameStand
Flying Bundle
Lazy Guys Studio
Blink Bundle
Bundlestars

do you guys frequent anywhere else
Bundle Bandits?

---
*** Bundle in a Box is shutting down in early August ***
Please ensure you back up your codes, downloads, etc before then!

dmix90

I guess it's time to test ModBot. Please someone enter :D
ModBot said:
Instructions for dmix90:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dmix90, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xWBm0BY.png
Assassin's Creed Revelations (uPlay) -- MB-C611F2B9C8A7E24D - Taken by hitoshi. 8 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition (uPlay) -- MB-F6652D2975248C80 - Taken by saunderez. 6 entrants total.
Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-8E82C4BE44D66123 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
SpaceChem#1 -- MB-39F2F382C075D548
SpaceChem#2 -- MB-E86D63E1ECB784D0
SpaceChem#3 -- MB-D390FAF7A143BC8F - Taken by okiemok. 2 entrants total.
SpaceChem#4 -- MB-D446ABE329E6D7A2
Thief Gold#1 -- MB-5698B2B3567F959F - Taken by Helmholtz. 3 entrants total.
Thief Gold#2 -- MB-77EEE15F1454925C - Taken by Majukun. 2 entrants total.
Thief Gold#3 -- MB-43C4296ECDFAE656 - Taken by .Anema. 1 entrants total.
Thief Gold#4 -- MB-73A2C16A902E6B16 - Taken by Lobogris. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys#1 -- MB-C5E37796E0EF3C03 - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys#2 -- MB-F54DE271D84EC4B5
Gun Monkeys#3 -- MB-B796DFD213942388
Gun Monkeys#4 -- MB-2391C6397DB761C4 - Taken by Xamdou. 1 entrants total.
Dino D-Day#1 -- MB-B46A86626352345A - Taken by Shadowplay1979. 1 entrants total.
Dino D-Day#2 -- MB-DE69539DD760F88C
Dino D-Day#3 -- MB-24D9248FC2EA5597 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Dino D-Day#4 -- MB-EA240F9224588D4F
t1406544219z1.png

pahamrick

Steam support is killing me, been since the 14th and still no damn response and resolution to my issue. :/

This seriously gotta be the worst support i have ever had the displeasure of having to deal with.

For such a large corp it just leaves me speachless that it can stand. :(

Steam support is so great. I sent in a ticket because Steam no longer lets me use any credit card after I used 4 prepaid cards from the whole M&M fiasco. In the meantime, I used Paypal to make a purchase for a friend.

I finally got a response back from steam support.

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Paul,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

It appears as though you were able to complete your purchase.

If you have any further questions please let us know.

Meanwhile, I still can't use credit cards on steam.

Speevy

Banned
Attention Users:

To the person who wins my Dead Rising 3 giveaway, please be advised that I accidentally left my email in the URL.

Just take off the question mark and everything after it, and you can redeem the game.

If you're having problems doing this, just add me on Steam and I'll gift the game to you.

When I get up in the morning, I'll contact you if you're still having trouble.

pahamrick

Attention Users:

To the person who wins my Dead Rising 3 giveaway, please be advised that I accidentally left my email in the URL.

Just take off the question mark and everything after it, and you can redeem the game.

If you're having problems doing this, just add me on Steam and I'll gift the game to you.

Thanks for the heads up Speevy, I'll be sure to do so when I win.
I love you Modbot.

JaseC

Attention Users:

When I get in the morning, I'll contact you if you're still having trouble.

It'll work with or without the e-mail address. It's a completely immaterial detail.

Arthea

It was in couple of bundles lately and people were saying how it is a good game, thank you, nice people.

Lyne probably is most contemplative game one can desire. There is no rush, no stress, you just get small set of rules (nobody even explain them, praise be to Odin) and then you think some, and draw some lines and it is awesome!
Such simple yet elegant idea. And you can play your contemplative music in background for even more pleasure.

So what I'm trying to say:
If it's too hot to play anything, play Lyne, it is cool!

Dr Dogg

So this is not something I expect to see first thing this morning

image.php

It's the perfect combination of evil and genius (hat's off to Tellaerin). You have to keep this avatar forever now bus.

woke up, refreshed the page and saw this

then this happened

no matter what modbot tells about thanking in thread - i have to thank you here as well Dr Dogg, people must know youre awesome!

im sure i will enjoy the hell out of it but it will be also one tough cookie in terms of getting all achievements. seems like the rarest one was only unlocked by 0.1% of players so far. challenge accepted! installing right now and will jump into it in few hours. to divinity and beyond!

Hahaha oh I don't mind (though I can't speak for everyone else here). Hope you enjoy it, though I've heard very few people that don't love D:OS. I'm sure if you get into any scapes or problems the folks in here

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=842708

Will be more than willing to give you a hand. Glad everything went ok and it went to a good home.

dmix90

Oh hey, I thought Modbot capped the game images at 4. Did you add them in?
Yeah manually edited post. There was a mess with comments too. If i changed game name (added #1, #2 etc) can this lead to any trouble? Or all that important is untouched MB-########## generated code?

JaseC

Yeah manually edited post. There was a mess with comments too. If i changed game name (added #1, #2 etc) can this lead to any trouble? Or all that important is untouched MB-########## generated code?

The latter.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition -- MB-219EDD65BB1004F1 - Taken by Deitus. 188 entrants total.

t1406578238z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom