• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
For all I know there's an excellent game after that "challenge". But I don't have the patience for that shit when I've got several hundred other games I could be playing that won't frustrate the shit out of me. Frustration is the single thing that will make me quit a game and never come back.

I'd have to go with promising but inherently flawed. There's just so much chance involved that it becomes tedious and frustrating, to the point that winning in the strategic management portions of the game just feel as if you're succeeding through dumb luck more than anything else. It's kind of like banging your head against a wall and hoping that you break through to the other side without hurting yourself.

The narrative, art style, and music really make me want to like it, but there's so much working against it.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the impressions you two.

Grand Teton national park, Yellowstone, Zion national park, then I'm going to visit my aunt in NY, and go wherever their family wants to go.

Depending on your attitude toward nature, you will either have a wonderful or awful time. I hope it's the former.

So this weekend I finally played a bit more of Divinity Original Sin and I'll just say that I'm terrible at sneaking.

I just gave up after a while, did some other quests, leveled up Aerotheurge to 5 and bought invisibilty spells.

Spells? You mean scrolls? It's cheaper and more efficient to just purchase or craft a spellbook.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
lol looking at all the "uninstalled" I'm guessing it's not that good?

I bought it just hours ago. ;)

I thought you didn't care about the dlc count. Have you changed your mind?

It's not that I don't care about DLC; I just don't care about it quite as much as I do games. I paid 20 keys for Strategy First's "illegal" version of Paper Monsters but I'd never go that far for a piece of pulled DLC.

Copons

In a couple of hours I'll be officially holidaying, and I'll be on the road to get here:

195397.jpg

I just wanted to say goodbye to the great SteamGAF as for the next week I won't have a proper internet connection (and my mobile one will be needed for Google Maps, so I'll try to keep it as much as possible) and therefore I won't be able to scroll down all your gifs.

So, I'll ask you two personal favours:

1) during this week please restrain yourself from posting hundreds of hot giveaways, because I most likely won't be here to lose them;

2) when I'll come back, don't make me search for this thread in Community, because I've never been there and I'm too old to learn where is the button to get there.

Thank you!

Shadownet

Banned
In a couple of hours I'll be officially holidaying, and I'll be on the road to get here:

I just wanted to say goodbye to the great SteamGAF as for the next week I won't have a proper internet connection (and my mobile one will be needed for Google Maps, so I'll try to keep it as much as possible) and therefore I won't be able to scroll down all your gifs.

1) during this week please restrain yourself from posting hundreds of hot giveaways, because I most likely won't be here to lose them;

2) when I'll come back, don't make me search for this thread in Community, because I've never been there and I'm too old to learn where is the button to get there.

Thank you!

Farewell buddy! Hope you will enjoy your vacation and stay safe! We'll be here when you get back!

I'll think of you whenever I use a coupon.

Thank you!

Enjoy your vacation, by the time you come back we all will probably be banned.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Thank you!

We'll do you one better. NeoGAF will simply become SteamGAF. None can escape our all-encompassing power.

Enjoy, man. <3

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Destroyed the alien brain in X-Com: UFO Defense. It's been a while since I had that much fun with a game, to the point where I played it nonstop.

Is it even eligible? Anyway, it's probably going to be Destiny.

I assume the Remastered version will be eligible. I mean, looking at last year's, games like Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut were eligible. Destiny has a lot of hype behind it, so maybe.

Lyne impressions.

I'll pick it up the next time it's bundled then. I could always use another relaxing game.
Insert Floating Point comment here.

There's a special kind of Steam person who's up at this hour.

North Americans with insomnia and and a cold?

It's the F-Zero game I've been waiting years for. Well, except it has guns.

btw been playing beyond two souls and while david cage games have always intrigued me, i think he's really crumbling as a game designer...

it's also still hilariously bizarre, i love how extreme everything even barely related to sex is. like jodie goes to a bar, there's gotta be a rape scene, jodie kisses a boy at a party and she gets humiliated and called a slut in front of everybody.

really hope the man makes an indigo prophecy sequel one day

David Cage games, at least post-Omikron, always have some creepy sexual scenes involving women in them and I don't know why (haven't played/seen Omikron either so don't know about that one). It always makes me uncomfortable every time.

And I hope there's no Indigo Prophecy sequel. One is more than enough for me >_>

I still like Heavy Rain the most overall. I feel like he needs to be reined in when it comes to writing so he doesn't go out of control with paranormal stuff.

(i still think indigo prophecy has one of the best videogame beginnings of all time).

like what the fuck is this game about lol

Though I agree with that. The opening is so good, but then the bug scene happens and then it gets progressively worse :/

The game's about spooky ghosts and weirdly written in military sequences in nonsensical settings. It gets progressively dumber over the course of the game and the big plot twist is so obvious that it hurts.

Vacation stuff

Have fun and stay safe.

hitoshi

Repost

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (hitoshi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dino D-Day -- MB-D06B5460ACB61F14
Pid -- MB-523EC8B0C1B1CD23
Woodle Tree Adventures -- MB-7E8B4AB9432EA82F
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-B779F8ED482512E5
Finding Teddy -- MB-882C347E03D12602
Really Big Sky#2 -- MB-F86AEFE71D9BCDD5

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Dino D-Day was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Pid was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Rush Bros was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Finding Teddy was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Really Big Sky#2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

oipic

In a couple of hours I'll be officially holidaying, and I'll be on the road to get here <insert photo of dream-like holiday destination here>

Safe travels, and have a wonderful time, Copons!

If you don't mind me asking (totally not for stalking purposes), where is this picture-perfect and idyllic place to which you are headed? Looks lovely! (Melbourne is cold, windy and grey)

zkylon

zkylewd
David Cage games, at least post-Omikron, always have some creepy sexual scenes involving women in them and I don't know why (haven't played/seen Omikron either so don't know about that one). It always makes me uncomfortable every time.
yea, me too

it's very awkward as i think he's trying to empower female characters somewhat but then sneaks pseudo-rape scenes out of nowhere which are just weird overall

like beyond two souls scene jodie just goes to a bar, plays pool for like 3 balls and guy throws her on the pool table, what the hell?! what fucked up kind of bar is this!?

And I hope there's no Indigo Prophecy sequel. One is more than enough for me >_>
well, yeah, i kinda meant in the way that it was this sort of time-management heavy game more than anything

heavy rain has some of it but isn't nearly as succesful as it as indigo prophecy imo

I still like Heavy Rain the most overall. I feel like he needs to be reined in when it comes to writing so he doesn't go out of control with paranormal stuff.
he probably needs to not write the damn things himself

just throw some ideas around and then have an actual writer actually write the script and trim the weirdo frenchie stuff

after the mess that is beyond two souls, i think he shouldn't be directing either

Though I agree with that. The opening is so good, but then the bug scene happens and then it gets progressively worse :/

The game's about spooky ghosts and weirdly written in military sequences in nonsensical settings. It gets progressively dumber over the course of the game and the big plot twist is so obvious that it hurts.
yup

but dem beginning bathroom and apartment scenes are incredible

Copons

Thank you all! I'll try to stay safe, but I cannot be completely sure. :D

I'll think of you whenever I use a coupon.

This actually happens to me too everytime someone mentions coupons here. :D

We'll do you one better. NeoGAF will simply become SteamGAF. None can escape our all-encompassing power.

THIS is what I always dreamed, mostly because all in all console gaming is dead so who needs console-related threads?

If you don't mind me asking (totally not for stalking purposes), where is this picture-perfect and idyllic place to which you are headed? Looks lovely! (Melbourne is cold, windy and grey)

That's a tiny beach in Elba Island (Tuscany, Italy), called "Spiaggia della Crocetta", that happens to be just
several hundreds meters
below the place I'm staying. :)

It's also mostly to show off and impress people, because to get there you have walk a long staircase carved in the cliff, and on the beach there's nothing at all, like not even a little bit of shade, so I'm too lazy and it's too harsh for me to bother going down there anyway. Luckily Elba Island is literally full of wonderful - and more lazy-friendly - beaches!

milena87

Spells? You mean scrolls? It's cheaper and more efficient to just purchase or craft a spellbook.

Spellbooks of course, sorry. That's why I needed Aerothurge to 5 (I didn't have room for new spells).

I only used scrolls at the very beginning and to revive the occasional party member.

Tektonic

Safe travels, and have a wonderful time, Copons!

it wasn't cold today! :) i was amazed to see the sun on my drive into work

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition -- MB-599B400F44DB3F2F - Taken by SinineSiil. 34 entrants total.

t1406542899z1.png

JaseC

Let me know what you think of it :) I got 33 hours to make a move. I wanted that game but forgot about it till now.

PS. are the DLCs region-locked?

They're region-free. The three starter packs and two upgrade subs cost me about $70 all up.

zkylon

zkylewd
i love how late night posting adds typos to my already terrible writing style

and yea there are not nearly enough david bowie games ever

the only two i can think of right now are omikron and space oddity being played on the credits of alan wake (praise the remedy gods)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
yea, me too

it's very awkward as i think he's trying to empower female characters somewhat but then sneaks pseudo-rape scenes out of nowhere which are just weird overall

like beyond two souls scene jodie just goes to a bar, plays pool for like 3 balls and guy throws her on the pool table, what the hell?! what fucked up kind of bar is this!?

It's a tie between that one and the scene with Madison and the surgeon guy if he knocks her out that bother me the most. Honestly, it sometimes feels like he's writing in bizarre sexual fantasies and it just makes me uncomfortable.

well, yeah, i kinda meant in the way that it was this sort of time-management heavy game more than anything

heavy rain has some of it but isn't nearly as succesful as it as indigo prophecy imo

Heavy Rain, and Indigo Prophecy too, really feels like a game with so much potential that falls short. Like the whole solve the puzzles before Shaun dies element to Heavy Rain could have been handled way better. I still think that the blackout dream sequences should have stayed in the game minus the connection the sequences were originally supposed to have with the killer.

he probably needs to not write the damn things himself

just throw some ideas around and then have an actual writer actually write the script and trim the weirdo frenchie stuff

after the mess that is beyond two souls, i think he shouldn't be directing either

He probably shouldn't, but his games are liked to the point that he'll be directing and writing for a long time. I just hope Cage's next game turns out better, because I feel like if he could just get things right, it could possibly be great. Beyond kinda ruins that idea though.

Actually there is a creepy sex scene in Omikron too, near the beginning of the game.

I'm not surprised.

that would be creepy... but in true bowie style, it would be effortlessly cool

You're not wrong :p

milena87

Thank you!

Isola d'Elba is a really nice choice for a relaxing vacation. I really hope you enjoy it and find good weather.
In general, I hope that that August will bring some sun and nice weather in all of Italy. Because I have 15 days of vacation as well :p

JaseC

i love how late night posting adds typos to my already terrible writing style

I know it's time to hit the hay when I start omitting entire words from my posts but don't realise this until after I've already hit "Submit Reply", haha.

_hekk05

Banned
only one more day left

it's happening.gif

Only 8 people on the train, 1 who buys every single game anyway (lol), another who most likely responded to TiTS (lol), and me who can only buy the game in august (not gonna pay SG tax).

The situation is bleak

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of dmix90, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 19 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dmix90, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-8E82C4BE44D66123 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Assassin's Creed Revelations (uPlay) -- MB-C611F2B9C8A7E24D - Taken by hitoshi. 8 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-39F2F382C075D548
SpaceChem -- MB-E86D63E1ECB784D0
SpaceChem -- MB-D390FAF7A143BC8F - Taken by okiemok. 2 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-5698B2B3567F959F - Taken by Helmholtz. 3 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-77EEE15F1454925C - Taken by Majukun. 2 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-43C4296ECDFAE656 - Taken by .Anema. 1 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-73A2C16A902E6B16 - Taken by Lobogris. 1 entrants total.
SpaceChem -- MB-D446ABE329E6D7A2
Gun Monkeys -- MB-C5E37796E0EF3C03 - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-F54DE271D84EC4B5
Gun Monkeys -- MB-B796DFD213942388
Gun Monkeys -- MB-2391C6397DB761C4 - Taken by Xamdou. 1 entrants total.
Dino D-Day -- MB-B46A86626352345A - Taken by Shadowplay1979. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition (uPlay) -- MB-F6652D2975248C80 - Taken by saunderez. 6 entrants total.
Dino D-Day -- MB-DE69539DD760F88C
Dino D-Day -- MB-24D9248FC2EA5597 - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Dino D-Day -- MB-EA240F9224588D4F

t1406544219z1.png

Dr Dogg

I think ModBro has got a hangover or something. What's with the weird spacing and numbers?

only one more day left

it's happening.gif

I just need a price is all. I've been surprising good in hoarding card money the last week or 2.

20$ with 15% first week discount

Hahaha oh I know that I want the Euro tax price. XSEED have been alright in the past so fingers crossed they don't pull a Ubisoft.

Ah top stuff, cheers. So £12.99 then going by Origins price -15%. I can dig that.

Got to stop future quoting!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I just need a price is all. I've been surprising good in hoarding card money the last week or 2.

In addition to what The_Super_Inframan said, here's the Euro price:

That's roughly around the USD price for it, not too bad.

JaseC

I think ModBro has got a hangover or something. What's with the weird spacing and numbers?

It seems dmix90 used the comment function to number the games (copy #1, copy #2, and so on) but it didn't quite work out, haha.

Lain

I received 2 50% discount coupons for concursion, so I wen to look what game it was and saw this awesome deal:
bxX.png

I love paying more for a pack than the single items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom