• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

o.o

no like this...

Yes... "it"...

we know very well what exactly you'll be touching ;) ... and stop that!! you can go blind, you know!! :p
Bloody hell, he deceived me and gifted me an actually decent game. Without rats.

jCaRqU2PBh7GJ.png

Oh, this cruel, ratless world.
Hehe Chariot is finally a Rad Bat! Go play it and discover true Badness!
I already have Bad Rats, some Gaffer gifted it to me, even before I knew he was a Gaffer or that GAF existed.

Altazor

good morning (yes, it's morning around here) SteamGAF!

I'm going back to my hometown for a week! It's my little brother's birthday
he's actually taller than me
, and I miss him a lot. I haven't seen my family since... um, April, IIRC, so it's always nice and warm to see them again.

All of this means I won't be able to play mah Steam gaems for a while, 'cause I have a NETBOOK for these kinds of travels - but fear not, I'll carry Baldur's Gate 2 with me to see if I can progress. I'll still hang out here though, you're not getting rid of me >:D

I only hope this goddamn netbook can play BG2 without stuttering. Otherwise I'll be kinda pissed off.

Hugstable

Banned
Bloody hell, he deceived me and gifted me an actually decent game. Without rats.

jCaRqU2PBh7GJ.png

Oh, this cruel, ratless world.I already have Bad Rats, some Gaffer gifted it to me, even before I knew he was a Gaffer or that GAF existed.

That how I remember Bad Rats becoming a thing. I learned of Bad Rats and Pat and Mat for a good while before I joined GAF. I think it was during the Christmas sale of either 2011 or 2012 where they had the Coal that you could collect from achievements that you could use to craft... but half the time what you crafted ended up being copies of Bad Rats and Pat & Mat.

jCaRqU2PBh7GJ.png

Oh, this cruel, ratless world.I already have Bad Rats, some Gaffer gifted it to me, even before I knew he was a Gaffer or that GAF existed.

Are you saying you entered a Bad Rats giveaway when you already had Bad Rats?

Also, Happy Birthday Manpuncher!

Uzzy

Here are my thoughts on Tomb Raider (2013), which I finished a few nights ago with 100% completion:

header_292x136.jpg

*snip*

I’m sure the classics will still be fun and all, but the notion of a Tomb Raider whose content is predominantly puzzle-oriented is an idea that’s ready for retirement.

Nice write up, but the bolded bit makes me sad. Because you're almost certainly right, and the idea of a Tomb Raider being about puzzles rather than shooting everyone in the face is sure to be dead. The next game promises tombs, but I'd be surprised if we got anything substantial.

Chariot

*Checks activity feed*

Chariot got Hate Plus

dammit only seconds too slow
Hey, I had two competitors, you know!

That how I remember Bad Rats becoming a thing. I learned of Bad Rats and Pat and Mat for a good while before I joined GAF. I think it was during the Christmas sale of either 2011 or 2012 where they had the Coal that you could collect from achievements that you could use to craft... but half the time what you crafted ended up being copies of Bad Rats and Pat & Mat.
Ah, I always wondered how that became a thing.

Are you saying you entered a Bad Rats giveaway when you already had Bad Rats?
Sure, these Rats make a killing in B/S/T.

Also stump said that Bat Rats are joke giveaways anyway, so this is of no big concern. I actually aim to collect a reasonable amount of Bad Rats copies for something big.

Ban Puncher

You're the birthday.

You're the birthday.

You're the birthday boy or girl.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-1C8C89DD30351685 - Taken by Blak_Status. 20 entrants total.

t1406558979z1.png

MRORANGE

So I picked up the Hori Mini 3 and giving my feedback on how well it works with Steam.

So the main reason why I bought it was just to use it with arcade games on steam as well as fighting games, this was my first stick and chose this mainly for the size and the fact it was compatible with the PS3 so I could end up switching between the two at will. Being super small made it great for something that can be kept on the desk and tucked away easily. I managed to find a new one for $15/£11 so it was a pretty good bargain.

The stick feels great, bear in mind though the stick is not a standard size arcade stick being a lot smaller; to give you an idea: the surface base is slightly larger than a ipad mini. The joystick feels great and really well made, the buttons felt okay – not as click as you would expect, for comparison sake each button is the size of a British pound. In terms of executing moves it felt perfectly fine and it didn't feel cramped at all, I have medium sized hands bear in mind. Length of the cable is a big plus – it’s really long, PS3 support is top notch.

On support for games on PC it really was a mixed bag, I won’t lie I am slightly disappointed that SteamOS can’t support the stick without some 3rd party software. Fighting games on the hand worked perfectly, other games vary quite a lot in terms of support. But you can use a 3rd party tool to map your controls which will solve all of your problems. Playing games on this is an absolute blast, platformers are just amazingly good, feels a lot more responsive than gamepad I've used.

Games that worked amazingly well

- Any Street Fighter game
- Mortal Kobmat
- Blazblue Calamity Trigger
- KOFXII (Haven’t tested but should be fine from forums)
- Castle Crashers
- Rayman Origins

Games that just didn’t work (without custom mapping tools)

- Steam BPM
- Megadrive Games on Steam
- Sonic Generations
- Fly’n

Overall for the price and what you get it’s a fantastic little stick for anyone wanting to start off, downsides is the game support that can be fixed with software/drivers. However I’m completely in love with playing games that support it really well, games such as Rayman and Castle Crashers just work and it would be impossible for me to go back to my 360 pad, seriously if you can find one cheap I would highly consider that you should pick one up.

Also it's super cute <3

StAidan

Nice write up, but the bolded bit makes me sad. Because you're almost certainly right, and the idea of a Tomb Raider being about puzzles rather than shooting everyone in the face is sure to be dead. The next game promises tombs, but I'd be surprised if we got anything substantial.

I definitely expect the heavy doses of action to be continued. This kind of thing seems to happen with reboots. As I implied in my review, I personally prefer the toned-down puzzles, but at the same time it's unfortunate that longtime Tomb Raider fans have to watch their favorite part of the series lobotomized. (I know how it feels, I was a Zelda fan from the early days ;) )

Kifimbo

New Indiegala:

Shadows on the Vatican Act I
Greed
The Samaritan Paradox
Rogue's Tale
99 Levels To Hell
QuestRun
The Howler
Chester

Only the last one isn't a Steam game. 1.70$ (they keep increasing the starting price).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
FUCK ME that mission was hard. Lame that you cant do all side missions, I had 2 to choose and now the other one is locked... oh well

Nabs

So I picked up the Hori Mini 3 and giving my feedback on how well it works with Steam.

Does your stick have the ability to switch between D-Pad/Left Stick/Right Stick like the MadCatz sticks? I ask because I was able to go into the BPM menu and configure my stick without issue.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm starting to wonder if Valve's "primary server" is actually your brain, jacked in through some sort of neural interface to control their server farm. (They let you take a nap on Tuesdays). That's the only way you could possibly be aware of all this stuff as it happens. >.>

That's classified information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom