• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then he'll get a gaming experience vastly superior to anything Serious Sam offers.

Fuck it, I'll do it myself:

image.php

You know what you want. I respect that.

(Well done!)

Sure, these Rats make a killing in B/S/T.

Also stump said that Bat Rats are joke giveaways anyway, so this is of no big concern. I actually aim to collect a reasonable amount of Bad Rats copies for something big.

I'm sorry if you got the impression that I was accusing you of wrongdoing or anything. I just couldn't wrap my head around the motivation :p

I'm the Bad Rats winner. My library finally has it lol.

edit: I didn't punk out and I accepted the gift. I can't take screenshots right now but everyone can check my steam profile.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Questrun -- MB-D30C11914314F5A2 - Taken by Deadbeat
99 Levels to Hell -- MB-7F50859263ABA2CF - Taken by Saty
Rogue's Tale -- MB-6259969AEBF71426 - Taken by derExperte
The Howler -- MB-FA80AE4993AE6608 - Taken by Kifimbo
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-302E7A825C4139AF - Taken by Turfster

Garbage dump rule since everyone is so paranoid about being throttled lately

First, I understand the issues with the tombs. Each one (of maybe 7 optional tombs, and 2-3 required ones) is basically a single-room puzzle that I was able to solve as easily as if I were playing with a baby’s shape sorter. At the same time, I believe that a high quantity of challenging (or time-consuming) puzzles really tends to kill the replay value of a game, because who wants to go through the motions of redoing puzzles that they’ve already solved in a previous run? Boring. So I’m of two opinions about the whole thing, but sort of favoring the way this reboot treats its tombs - short and simple. I do wish there had been more of them, in any case. My favorite tomb in the game? That would have to be the Flooded Vault.

Like you said, most are optional so the replay issue isn't really a problem. Making them a side thing was actually a perfect opportunity to give people looking for more challenging puzzles something to sink their teeth into.
The writing is ridiculously bad but other than that I agree that it's a great game.

Ban Puncher

GBCDbAw.jpg

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-A2B875AAF4700486 - Taken by City 17. 26 entrants total.

t1406560420z1.png

Final for the day.

Do you dare play Russian Birthday Roulette?

Look down, one great point and click and one pretty average IAP grind-fest mobile port. But which one is which?

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Questrun -- MB-61994B6973CEE0EF - Taken by drakaenae
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-3AB75A1AAA114838 - Taken by dave is ok

Volimar

I entered. I already have the Bad Rats plague. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So many people are going to be confused when that game doesn't have trains in it.

All this batman stuff in the news recently has finally pushed me to play Arkham City.

I had about 30 minutes to myself on Saturday and I spent all of it seeing which level of AA gave me the best performance VS jaggies ratio and watching the benchmark do its thing for about 5-6 loops. I also managed to check out the sweet models of characters from the batverse, such as animated catwoman and Dark Knight Bats.

Then my GF arrived and we were off for a staycation for the rest of the weekend. But boy, that was one hell of a benchmark.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why do I think im being conned by all these birthdays all of a sudden?

futurama-fry-not-sure-if.jpg

iosefe

i feel sad because i almost entered the first giveaway. though since i don't own Bad Rats, thats probaly what i would have gotten

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
THE SAMARITAN PARADOX (Desura) -- MB-7AD851C60CC9A3AF - Taken by Sammichu
t1cxE6r.gif
Aerena -- MB-CF6A07DF36915385 - Taken by GaussTek
ulgzbKC.png
LUMINOSITY (Desura) -- MB-A242B8C536276529 - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
TRACE VECTOR (Desura) -- MB-5120D740E26E7F53 - Taken by Henry Swanson
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box Origin Key -- MB-3C15EEAAB7051E19 - Taken by Sarcasm
vRvbDCu.png
Command Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising Origin Key #2 -- MB-285C05403D575C58 - Taken by Sarcasm
ulgzbKC.png
RAILYARD MATCH-3 EVOLVED (Desura) -- MB-5058C45992B5A0C5 - Taken by Zero-Crescent
ulgzbKC.png
THE LOOTCASTLE (Desura) -- MB-7D75662DC21CA22D - Taken by Henry Swanson
ulgzbKC.png
BATTLEPATHS (Desura) -- MB-AE1F806456B8E9FA
ulgzbKC.png
ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE (Desura) -- MB-6691EFB0E572F646 - Taken by Catshade
ulgzbKC.png
YELAXOT (Desura) -- MB-EB03066D2A29570B - Taken by Sammichu
ulgzbKC.png
6180 THE MOON DELUXE (Desura) -- MB-7537B916EDA81A88 - Taken by Henry Swanson

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for THE SAMARITAN PARADOX (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Aerena was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for LUMINOSITY (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for TRACE VECTOR (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box Origin Key was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Command Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising Origin Key #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for RAILYARD MATCH-3 EVOLVED (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for THE LOOTCASTLE (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for BATTLEPATHS (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for YELAXOT (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for 6180 THE MOON DELUXE (Desura) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

MRORANGE

Does your stick have the ability to switch between D-Pad/Left Stick/Right Stick like the MadCatz sticks? I ask because I was able to go into the BPM menu and configure my stick without issue.

No :( this was the real issue with Bpm, it just didn't acknowledge the stick at all.

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of oupi, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (oupi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-A1EAB9BCE55AC495 - Taken by freshVeggie. 22 entrants total.

t1406564257z1.png

So I picked up the Hori Mini 3 and giving my feedback on how well it works with Steam.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I think this looks great, as I feel the fightsticks I got for 360 are too large for my tastes. The price is right, too. Any tips on where I can score this for closer to the price you got it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom