• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's my birthday. [...]
Congrats, Cocaine Head!
So I picked up the Hori Mini 3 and giving my feedback on how well it works with Steam.
[...]
Also it's super cute <3
Ah, it reminds me of my time playing Amiga 500 with the black/red joysticks. Good times.
Visually it resembles the older Sega consoles and it's cheap, too.
I don't play fighting games, is there another practical use for it, e.g. non-2D games, combination of stick+keyboard for sims like Arma?

Parsnip

Oh, so The Room is out. Now I'm sort of bummed that I bought it on my phone like 2 or 3 weeks ago. Maybe I'll double-dip during a sale.

MRORANGE

Awesome, thanks for the info! I think this looks great, as I feel the fightsticks I got for 360 are too large for my tastes. The price is right, too. Any tips on where I can score this for closer to the price you got it?

I found mine from a amazon retailer, but they've sold out normally it goes for 28 pounds GAME once had then for 10 quid, it's more of a case of looking out for one.

Congrats, Cocaine Head!

Ah, it reminds me of my time playing Amiga 500 with the black/red joysticks. Good times.
Visually it resembles the older Sega consoles and it's cheap, too.
I don't play fighting games, is there another practical use for it, e.g. non-2D games, combination of stick+keyboard for sims like Arma?

That should be feasible with some software.

Ruruja

Because the king of the potato people won't let me.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-D64A3D22C0BA7036 - Taken by swx
GTR Evolution -- MB-8DB2D2629C01364B - Taken by .Anema

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Haha. Luckily my birthday was in June before the summer sale started.

funny story (well not for me), I didnt say when mine was because I thought it would be rude >_> jokes on me since everyone does it aparently lol

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I just want to remind everyone that, in the multiverse, there must exist a Morningbus whose birthday is today.

So I'll gladly accept all those Arkham Knights you'd send to him as that 'Bus is also probably the asshole that doesn't have to play Serious Sam.

Turfster

Speedrunners is back on bundlestars, guys.

GMG is also doing a 66% off sale on Star Wars games.
  • Jedi Knight II
  • Jedi Academy
  • The Force Unleashed
  • KOTOR

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
since when do you care about not being rude? :p

you would be surprised. I would have been banned already if I said a third of the things I wanted to say. But Ill save those for my inevitable account suicide

DSix

Banned
I just released my very first solo game on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/313980

Proxy Blade Zero is a pretty hardcore 3d character action game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for DSix:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DSix, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Proxy Blade Zero #6 -- MB-A49D73C3F2D37F08 - Taken by Nabs. 9 entrants total.
Proxy Blade Zero #4 -- MB-65405E7ED783D4CA - Taken by Terra_Ex. 12 entrants total.
Proxy Blade Zero #5 -- MB-188255A212FD072A - Taken by thePenguin. 9 entrants total.
Proxy Blade Zero #2 -- MB-17BC84F50BEFFD2B - Taken by EzioCroft. 7 entrants total.
Proxy Blade Zero #3 -- MB-996F128C756A9553 - Taken by _hekk05. 11 entrants total.
Proxy Blade Zero #1 -- MB-754232EAD881AFD2 - Taken by Kiru. 4 entrants total.

t1406570560z1.png

Toki767

I just want to remind everyone that, in the multiverse, there must exist a Morningbus whose birthday is today.

So I'll gladly accept all those Arkham Knights you'd send to him as that 'Bus is also probably the asshole that doesn't have to play Serious Sam.

I think with your free year of internet, you could probably afford to buy Arkham Knight for yourself. :p

StAidan

More FCFS SpeedRunners goodness. I've been having a blast with it, the couple hours or so I've played so far.

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (StAidan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

SpeedRunners #2 -- MB-F7921CCC19D869AE - Taken by Sarcasm
SpeedRunners -- MB-1D498200CCE29CC7 - Taken by kadab

SteamGAF, Steam Achievement Manager, yay or nay?

I wanna use it only to get the cards from games I already played and finished before the cards were introduced. Don't want to download and run 20GB games I already finished and have no interest in playing it again.

Kiru

Submarino Conversível;123014524 said:

I wanna use it only to get the cards from games I already played and finished before the cards were introduced. Don't want to download and run 20GB games I already finished and have no interest in playing it again.

Yay. Also you could idle cards with some .txt trick. SAM just makes it easier. Won't get you banned for idling.

Turfster

I just released my very first solo game on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/313980

Proxy Blade Zero is a pretty hardcore 3d character action game.

Congratulations, man.

Use the steam_appid trick instead.

GaussTek

I've used that for a while, without problems so far. Just make sure you only use it for idling, and not on Valve and/or VAC enabled games, just to make sure. But, as always, use it at your own risk lol.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think with your free year of internet, you could probably afford to buy Arkham Knight for yourself. :p

I'm still worried that I'm the multiverse Morningbus that either M&Ms or Verizon decides to crush underneath their boot heel by refusing to honor the codes.

Yay to just idling. You're not doing anything really wrong on principle, since there's no difference between downloading the game and idling or idling with SAM outside of the fact that you're making your ISP, your HDD, and Valve happy by not being wasteful.

? That picture looks fine to me.

Sure, what I meant was the footage shown before release had similarly dynamic shadows and lighting everywhere. So much of the game looks flat and it's a shame.
It's just weird you can have areas like Majula or the Dragon Aerie and then have half the game be barren rooms with nothing gray slab.
It's probably the most graphically inconsistent game I've ever played. Went back to the PS3 version to mess around with my first character and I was shocked at the IQ. Really easy to forget how bad last gen had gotten.

kudoboi

I've used that for a while, without problems so far. Just make sure you only use it for idling, and not on Valve and/or VAC enabled games, just to make sure. But, as always, use it at your own risk lol.

does idling for games using SAM record into your steam profile? eg: shows up on profile as played 2 hours of *insert random game with cards*

Lain

It's my birthday.

Happy Birthday!

-

To keep up the spirit of giving:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-73D7FAC4C5843997 - Taken by dot
99 Levels To Hell -- MB-DF04DAFF732A3827 - Taken by Hugstable
The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-1AA0FEBA0EB406FC - Taken by Henry Swanson
QuestRun -- MB-3542E80E6D1E8D90 - Taken by Autofokus

Ban Puncher

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone.

I hope everyone enjoys their roulette prizes.

Now totally feel free to go through my Steam wishlist and buy everything on it.

FREE SHIT 4 LYFE

Submarino Conversível;123017035 said:
Thanks for the replies about SAM.

I will only use it to get the cards by idling, never planned to unlock achievements, don't really care about them.

I have been playing a lot of vertical drop and the achievements dont unlock for me. I have been manually unlocking them as I go because....I want what I earned! Hope i dont get in trouble for a bug in the game.

Locust

Still got some unclaimed stuff here:

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please don't send them to me.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Making History: The Calm & The Storm -- MB-101FDF682A3DE884 - Taken by okiemok. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-C3F7B405AEB7647B - Taken by AudioFenix. 1 entrants total.
Inversion (US region lock) -- MB-D2D30DF3AE03A88E - Taken by morningbus. 4 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (Origin) -- MB-5886C8D19CF5BF83 - Taken by Valkrai. 3 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-B279FD64229997EB - Taken by Roboleon. 3 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-3A010E6B0845DF39 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box -- MB-FAA3B8ABB6EECF07 - Taken by Shadownet. 3 entrants total.
Arena Wars 2 -- MB-78673230077B6081
Pid -- MB-5FC0961B98B238E0 - Taken by Darknight. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-862A721F7BE2A31A - Taken by cyrok. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Red Alert 3: Uprising (Origin) -- MB-3EE13A75FE1310B8 - Taken by WavekSra. 1 entrants total.
Gravi -- MB-BE6C3DFA4E7A7979 - Taken by fernandes. 4 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (Origin) -- MB-278B4603BED6D530 - Taken by Groupthink. 3 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-0CFF82D8588023EF - Taken by redlacs
xheRJRF.gif
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta -- MB-8AE65F2EC2BA4AF6
Kings Bounty: The Legend -- MB-C67591700231B55F - Taken by Flandy. 2 entrants total.
Red Alert 3: Uprising -- MB-98AC03263C3C9304 - Taken by aku:jiki. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-95CE7974D6B81A1B - Taken by suppadoopa. 2 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror -- MB-4CB919E4A5588448 - Taken by MikeHattsu. 3 entrants total.
The Maw -- MB-EC5995C4FD90B82F - Taken by Axass. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-E15F1D794D262BE8 - Taken by NEO0MJ. 1 entrants total.
Little Racers Street -- MB-7900E7A079095971 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-D5020164B2897FA4 - Taken by Egamer. 6 entrants total.
Major Mayhem -- MB-C899DD10C072B68E - Taken by Vazduh
Subject 9 -- MB-81BE438BA9BCA042 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 1 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-81047B0E4D05D8C1 - Taken by Altazor. 3 entrants total.
Angvik -- MB-A27CD3832DD90E0F - Taken by RoadDogg. 5 entrants total.

Paranormal -- MB-16ACAF203AC2208E - Taken by Ozium. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-2018EEC2B496DCC8 - Taken by anastef
Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon -- MB-6BBCC61BA885187F - Taken by dream. 5 entrants total.
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-397F7A26D32EF70C - Taken by City 17. 2 entrants total.

t1406427976z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom