• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Browsing weeklong deals is so annoying. I click on a game that seems interesting to find out more about it, then I go back to check the other deals and everything has shuffled.

Yup, same thing with the game lists and searches.
The only way to browse Steam is in a modern browser with tabs, so one that's less than like, what, 7 years old? =p
(Seriously, Valve, fix your stupid browser based client)

I'm a little annoyed too by this issue - incidentally the same happens also with Steam winter/summer sales or those weeklong sales of games developed/produced by a date company, or just last week it was Quakecom - and the only possible reason I can think of about why they randomize the position of games is because they think the first games in the list are the most clicked.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
good on them, I never played it (but I bought it) but it looked great if youre into that type of thing (and by type of thing, I mean multiplayer)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
There's a pool game on Steam? I must have it.

more than one

$20 for the humoungous complete pack? how complete is it? :O

calling Koalaman to the front desk, Koalaman to the front desk please

Turfster

Humble Humongous Entertainment bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Putt-putt Joins the Parade
  • Freddi Fish and the case of the missing kep seeds
TIER 2: BTA
  • Putt Putt Goes to the Moon
  • Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside
  • Spy Fox in Dry Cereal
  • Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse
TIER 3: 20$
  • Humongous Complete Pack

Ruruja

waiting.jpg

Rhaknar

why you fuckers shitting on that bundle when months ago when the games were added everyone was excited and said they used to play all those games!

bunch of hypocrites all of yous!

1397802_o.gif

two pool nations in a row?

how is it?

It is very good, just grab it, at that price it's a steal.

The physics are excellent, it's easy to perfom pretty much all kinds of shots, besides there's plenty of contents, both singleplayer and online multiplayer - I have only never played online multiplayer so I don't know whether there's an active community though.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Humble Humongous Entertainment bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Putt-putt Joins the Parade
  • Freddi Fish and the case of the missing kep seeds
TIER 2: BTA
  • Putt Putt Goes to the Moon
  • Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside
  • Spy Fox in Dry Cereal
  • Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse
TIER 3: 20$
  • Humongous Complete Pack

Hey, this is quite awesome and convenient. I didn't expect a humble bundle today.

I can understand what you mean, but if I get 100 copies of Bioshock or something. I would do a garbage dump, because I didn't do spend anything on it so I should reap the benefit of it adding to my megagiver status. humble bundle games and stuff you actually spent something on is different. Thats my opinion on it.

I'll just repeat what i stated at that time, then:

If someone does pick up a person's spare copy of Sims 2/Shuggy/whatever, then the giver gave and the winner won. If people don't want the riff raff that they're giving out to qualify for this rule then they will not be flagged as a giver and, thus, they'll be eliminated from the drawing.

The pay it forward rule worked as intended, no?

I'm sure that people who set the rules are aware that some people might do this. If they're not comfortable with these rules then the way i see it:

A) they should not give the game away in that fashion. Do one of those ms paint giveaways or a make me laugh giveaway. Modbot isn't the only way to go about things.
B) petition for rule changes. Stump seems to be very open minded about this stuff and the system isn't perfect.
C) blacklist users they feel aren't acting in the spirit of the giveaway (not sure you can do this once you've posted a giveaway but you can for a future giveaway.)
D) don't give something away if they're not comfortable with the multitude of options available to them.

I saw that you recently did that great batman giveway. I thought that was excellent. You were able to give away the game to someone you thought earned it. I didn't participate (again, i'm like 3 bat games behind so it would be wasted on me) but i thought it was really smart that you did it that way and managed to give the game away to a gaffer you thought was worthy of it in a manner you saw fit.

I just didn't like it where those people were getting chastised for something they did while following the rules. You took it upon yourself to modify a giveaway to your own tastes. Hey, that's fair. They played by the rules. I think that's fair, too, even if it is fair via a technicality.

Just feel that big givers are kinda like giver role models or ambassadors, and that maybe that giver's tone at the time wasn't necessary. Givers shouldn't have to think twice about what they're giving, whether it's a game that is free through facebook registration or a game that is no longer on steam and carries a huge demand from steam peeps. No one should be penalized for something that, in the end, is a good thing.

That and I believe to be a PC gamer, you have to be sort of out of the 'mainstream' focus of gaming right now, as marketing and media is obviously more geared towards consoles right now.

i remember that thread about the RPS 2013 goty list
most of them were indies

10 pages of people calling them hipsters, garbage list and "no the last of us ?"
then john walker posted and quoted among other posts one that read "but what if they just picked games they liked *gasp*" and he answered "ding ding ding"

gud times

Rhaknar

Holy shit, lol.

Man, Humble making a liar of me after I was just saying how we were getting spoiled with the last couple of bundles.

but we are, this is the best bundle in months. Suck it conspiracy cat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom