• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I played Putt-Putt Travels through Time as a kid, so I can write that review right now.

Brilliant mate, I needed a good laugh. Game also doesn't sound too bad, but I doubt I could get my daughter interested in it as she doesn't like anything anthropomorphic.

"cars are cars daddy, not people" she says. It's going to be tough when the singularity happens for her.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That there are people in this thread that were born after the release of Windows 3.1 is maybe the most terrifying realization i've had in a while.

For me it's that some of you are almost the same age as my kids.

Anteater

Mystery Gift -- MB-97CAFFA5FC3AC125 - Taken by Anteater. 3 entrants total.

emot-smuggog4iep.gif

It's putt putt

CWj7EAN.jpg

Has anyone here played Heli Heroes?

I know it has mostly bad reviews, but I'm curious anyway - and it's only 74 cents right now.

Two questions:

1. Does it support the 360 pad? (No "controller support" icon, but the page says "Support for nearly all pads and joysticks." It is an older game though, I believe, so that's why I'm asking.

2. Is it at all reminiscent of the old NES game Tiger Heli?

The wife and I continued on with Gaucamelee yesterday. Strangely enough, the jumping bits of the game are a lot easier when it isn't 3 am and you're bleary eyed from sleep deprivation. The humor is still there and we're still having fun with it.

My boys have been playing Vertical Drop Heroes HD. They seem to really like it. So much so that I haven't even gotten any time with the game. So I'll post some of the things I've overheard while they've been playing:

"Oh no, what was that?!"

"Ahhh, bombs! Run!"

"Woah... COOL!"

"I'm totally using death puppet all the time now."

So thanks Derexperte (sorry if I butchered the spelling on your GAF name there) for your impressions earlier in thread. Money well spent! Hopefully I will get a chance to play some of it soon.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if anyone care to see, but I took a snapshot off all the gifts I recieved for my birthday from you generous gafers. I just want to say thank you to all of those people, and even if you didnt gift me anything, your awesome birthday wishes was more than enough. :) I did had an awesome day.

Here is the link

I think I missed some.

But thank you to:
lashman for The Cat Lady
Huggie for 100% OJ
billmcdougal for (well actually he helped me out with the giveaway, a lot of help)
Nito & Dunder, Ventara, and AngerdX too for helping out. couldn't have done it without them.
I feel sad. I have bad taste for gifting, and also live in the wrong country :(

Dr Dogg

1977 is cool too, right? Star Wars came out that year!

And speaking of failing at life, that TLOU review thread....

Uncharted 3 Reviews thread 2.0 by the looks of things.

Cat Lady is an amazing game, but I find Downfall pretty much superior. With the proper enhancement the developer is doing, I think it will one of my favourite point and click adventure.

Ohhh nice P&C as well. And who said they were dead.

What's really worrying for me is that I've been playing Championship/Football Manager longer than some people in this thread have even been on the planet!

1977 is cool too, right? Star Wars came out that year!

And speaking of failing at life, that TLOU review thread....

Only a TLOU thread can have a serious post as to what, exactly, is the definition of love.

wtf is happening over there.

at least they'll live in a post-enhanced steam world. They never lived through an era where people actually bought games through digital river ::shivers::

I accidentally included register in the pm for the Trails giveaway and got a receipt back. Do I need to do anything to fix my horrible mistake? Sorry, just clicked the first subject title that came up :p

Vuze

Oh great, I've just beaten Trine Enchanted Ed. but the game decided to glitch out after I finished it (black screen, Steam overlay worked though)... no cheevo, no outro movie and apparently it didn't save the checkpoint I reached. Last level is kinda tedious so... guess I'll leave it at that. Otherwise a great little platformer and extremly pleasing visually.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I accidentally included register in the pm for the Trails giveaway and got a receipt back. Do I need to do anything to fix my horrible mistake? Sorry, just clicked the first subject title that came up :p

So basically you registered a copy of trails with modbot, where the game key is MB-<whatever>. You are not entered for the raffle. At some point I'll probably do some error handling code to prevent this exact issue.

14/F/LA and looking to explore my budding sexuality.

So basically you registered a copy of trails with modbot, where the game key is MB-<whatever>. You are not entered for the raffle. At some point I'll probably do some error handling code to prevent this exact issue.
I should nuke it right?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why not find the youngest person here instead?

its impossible since they would just lie about it

and we are again, going way off topic as usual

edit: Blinkbundle sure take their sweet fucking time in revealing the mystery game dont they >_>

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
On the age thing, I don't really think about it too heavily. But even when growing up I've always been social with people much older and much younger than me, I think when you spend a lot of time with people a variety of different ages it becomes less relevant when just socializing with people.

For the record, I'm on the younger spectrum here, I only turned 23 a little over 2 weeks ago..

rtcn63

On the topic of soon becoming a husk of regret and whatever-the-fuck-lies-within-Dusk-Golem's-avatar, I'd really consider getting a refurb Wii U, if Mario 3D World wasn't still near MSRP.

On the topic of soon becoming a husk of regret and whatever-the-fuck-lies-within-Dusk-Golem's-avatar, I'd really consider getting a refurb Wii U, if Mario 3D World wasn't still near MSRP.

nintendo games tend to hold MSRP for a lonnnnnnnggggggggg time. You might be waiting for years. Maybe get it used during a 2-get-1-free sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom