• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-4D7364E10FFC0D4D - Taken by danhese007
Chip -- MB-CA21494CA153BB1A - Taken by arts&crafts
Kairo -- MB-80595753BED81A09 - Taken by bronson
//N.P.P.D. RUSH//- THE MILK OF ULTRAVIOLET -- MB-31D7F1BD85E25733 - Taken by Scipius
Radical Roach Deluxe Edition -- MB-E8F8A0DA141D05D5 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-0D92881BB91AF863
Canyon Capers -- MB-D36DA5647700BE40 - Taken by Aitor

Hugstable

Banned
I should play The Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls.

The only game I've played on my ps3 recently is the Destiny beta.

Or I could just play more CS:go.

I was planning to play Last of Us Remastered since it comes out tomorrow, but the recent Surprise that TitS is also releasing tomorrow ensured that I'm still gonna be gaming on Steam and playing Trails again ha.

derExperte

It's so stupid. I havn't read anything past the first page, but basically if a game doesn't get an 11/10 it's considered shit.

Read the rest, it goes to places no one could ever have expected. You'll learn a lot about yourself and love.

My boys have been playing Vertical Drop Heroes HD. They seem to really like it. So much so that I haven't even gotten any time with the game. So I'll post some of the things I've overheard while they've been playing:

"Oh no, what was that?!"

"Ahhh, bombs! Run!"

"Woah... COOL!"

"I'm totally using death puppet all the time now."

So thanks Derexperte (sorry if I butchered the spelling on your GAF name there) for your impressions earlier in thread. Money well spent! Hopefully I will get a chance to play some of it soon.

Mind the correct capitalization please, Ordnung muss sein! And good to know that you already think the purchase was worth it, cool game, I hope more here will get to it eventually.

Anteater

I wasted 80€ on that game, and for me is...no. I mean, tech side is impressive what they did with a PS3 hardware (but is also true that areas are very tiny and there's no action at all), but basically there's no plot. The plot is "the life of Jodie", and there are several little scenes that explain problems of being Jodie. Only duriing the end of the game developers tried to put some kind of deadline, but for me it failed miserably. I don't want to spoiler, but it's so out of place...yes, they introduced it in one chapter of the game, but I think is one of the lowest plot point of the game.
Also, every choice you do is useless. Is not like in Heavy Rain, here is all useless.

yeah I wouldn't pay that much for it, but it still seems interesting enough for me to go through if I can find it for cheap

I think it's a really neat game. Has a surprising amount of interactivity with Aiden, some great characterization and development of Jodie, and moments where there is actually subtlety. Not to mention there is some great stuff with Jodie as a child which stands in stark contrast to Heavy Rain's hilarious uses of children. Of course there are out of place hollywood cliches that pop up(especially in the CIA/military sections), the end of the game hints at something really silly, and some of Cage's typical writing weaknesses show up rather frequently. Think it was a really great step forward though and it makes me very excited for Quantic Dream's next game.

Yeah seems like a lot of people have issues with his writing, while his concepts are usually interesting, I heard they were hiring new writers for the next games so I wonder how it will be.

Wish their games were on PSN though, so it could get some better discounts or even offered on PS+. Maybe they'll release those games on ps4 as remastered, and I'll probably just play it on there when I get a ps4.

edit: oh wait it's actually available on psn :0

Dr Dogg

Actually folks what is the command to clear out your unclaimed keys in ModBot? I tried searching the previous thread for ModBot and beta but got a lot of giveaway and Destiny posts and I don't really want to trawl through Stumps post history. Cheers in advance.

Yes, and it's gorgeous! Some screens I took: http://minus.com/m5GlzSD9i69NT (still uploading)
There is no PhysX in the Enchanted Edition afaik. I never dipped below 60 at those settings on my 7870 GHz / 4570. Didn't try to shoot for 3xSSAA or higher tho but I really didn't feel the need to: http://puu.sh/auSKK/c03d116ff1.jpg

I don't know if it's my new monitor but that looks way more vibrant and colour rich than I remember Trine looking. Also the stages themselves look deeper as in more layer of detail so I don't know if I'm going mad or Frozenbyte put a lot of extra love in this. Cheers for the pics.

Read the rest, it goes to places no one could ever have expected. You'll learn a lot about yourself and love.

...and '90's Europop.

Zeknurn

I'm 90% the people I talk too a lot on GAF are just trying to groom me. Doesn't help I've flown to two different countries to meet three different gaffers. One of these guys will eventually be a rapist right?

I'm 19.

It could be worse, they could be one of those people with a anime bodypillow.

Double

Oh man... I feel so bad for you. That is horrible :\. Such a frustrating game haha. It took me a long time to get that key to him for the shortcut... definitely had some crappy things happen like that too.
Haha thanks, don't worry. It was so cruel that I can't every really take it seriously.

It showed me that the constant feeling of being rushed isn't really helping making smart decisions in that game, though :D

Also after watching the first part, I think I could have activated the trap by just throwing a rope upwards, eh? Gonna try it out next time. Wouldn't have made as good a scene for the video though, lol.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah I wouldn't pay that much for it, but it still seems interesting enough for me to go through if I can find it for cheap

Yeah seems like a lot of people have issues with his writing, while his concepts are usually interesting, I heard they were hiring new writers for the next games so I wonder how it will be.

Wish their games were on PSN though, so it could get some better discounts or even offered on PS+. Maybe they'll release those games on ps4 as remastered, and I'll probably just play it on there when I get a ps4.

i mean if you like narrative games then you probably are gonna want to try it

imo "little moments in the life of jodie" is a cute concept but it doesn't work because of how hamfisted david cage's style can be

like scene 1 you see her lying in the street, homeless. scene 2, another homeless guy takes her to his spot under a bridge. scene 3 you get to control jodie and walk around looking for objects to kill yourself with. now suicide and homelessness are super interesting shit to tackle in videogames and i can appreciate the effort but you know, it's so poorly done

then you get actually genuine moments in which stan shares details about his life and you connect with him and it's great but then in the background you have like cardboard characters of like a methhead and a black drunk guy and a pregnant chick called tuesday

it's like if you're gonna be an exclusively narrative game you must absolutely get this shit right. you just can't go so far into cliches and you can't let david cage anywhere near the actual script lol

RealMeat

Banned
gg minecraft
w7a2SaQ.png

15,000 people are watching other people play RuneScape!?!

derExperte

Over 1hr of Velvet Sundown: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-velvet-sundown/2300-9270/ I have no idea what to expect.

Actually folks what is the command to clear out your unclaimed keys in ModBot? I tried searching the previous thread for ModBot and beta but got a lot of giveaway and Destiny posts and I don't really want to trawl through Stumps post history. Cheers in advance.

See the FAQ:

People won't claim this random game I'm trying to give away, but it's really driving me nuts to see it in my list of games. Can you take it off my hands?

This is really a waste of my time and a waste of your time. Please don't do this. But since some people really can't let it go, you can do this. Send a PM to ModBot with the subject line scrap me and any body text. Any games you have that are currently outstanding with ModBot will be removed from your account. The keys will be recycled and given away by ModBot later and you will not get credit for them. Please do not do this if you have any raffles that are not yet drawn for--it could negatively impact drawing for these raffles

If I understand right what you need, you send a pm to modbot with the word "nuke" in the title. And in the post itself you post the keys (actual game keys, not modbot code!). That's it. You won't get a confirmation from modbot, so no need to wait.
This is in the modbot faq thread though and I believe you read that thread, so maybe I understood wrong what you're inquiring?
To request all registered but untaken keys, you send a pm with "my full loot" with anything in the post to modbot for that.

ßthePenguin;123047977 said:
Haha thanks, don't worry. It was so cruel that I can't every really take it seriously.

It showed me that the constant feeling of being rushed isn't really helping making smart decisions in that game, though :D

Also after watching the first part, I think I could have activated the trap by just throwing a rope upwards, eh? Gonna try it out next time. Wouldn't have made as good a scene for the video though, lol.

Yea it definitely looks like one of those moments where you just have to laugh because its so ridiculous! That is a hard mindset to not have but you are right. I think your best option would have been to put up a rope as you were going down but easier said than done of course. I would've went for it just like you did haha

Double

Good thing it feels so good once you accomplish it, makes it all worth it. I say, as I never actually use the shortcuts.
I know right? I'm always going in right from the beginning to try to amass as big of an advantage as possible. The shortcuts are kinda the only thing marking a progress in this game though, so... :D

Looks like I have to choose another track for the Vid so that my fellow germans can watch it too. Man, little green bag is even perfectly watchable on youtube by itself, wtf GEMA?

Turfster

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does anyone here know if there is a current method of idling multiple games at once for card drops? I have over 800 card drops remaining and I've slowly come to the realization that I'm buying games faster than I can idle them.

I'm thinking about idling about 200 games at once and just letting it run for a solid week.

Dr Dogg

Over 1hr of Velvet Sundown: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-velvet-sundown/2300-9270/ I have no idea what to expect.

Ah top stuff. Cheers.

If I understand right what you need, you send a pm to modbot with the word "nuke" in the title. And in the post itself you post the keys (actual game keys, not modbot code!). That's it. You won't get a confirmation from modbot, so no need to wait.
This is in the modbot faq thread though and I believe you read that thread, so maybe I understood wrong what you're inquiring?
To request all registered but untaken keys, you send a pm with "my full loot" with anything in the post to modbot for that.

Oh yeah I know about the nuke command but what I've got stuck in my inventory is a) stuff I can't nuke due to the syntax and b) better served by the super-dooper beta feature so they go to the Clear Out thread eventually. Cheers though anyway.

Does anyone here know if there is a current method of idling multiple games at once for card drops? I have over 800 card drops remaining and I've slowly come to the realization that I'm buying games faster than I can idle them.

I'm thinking about idling about 200 games at once and just letting it run for a solid week.

Hahaha No idea though I think Jase has talked about in the past. I really want to see your drop rates doing that. You craaaazzzzyyy!

pahamrick

I know you can idle 4+ games with SAM, however I've had the experience that after 3 card drops (not 3 per game, but 3 total) cards just stopped dropping. It might be because I didn't let it go long enough, only 4 hours or so, but after 3 drops nothing else would appear until I closed out SAM and restarted Steam.

Hugstable

Banned

I think even using SAM (I have no experience with it) that having more than one game running at a time really reduces the drop rate to where it's not really worth it to run more than one game at a time. I ended up idling about 48 games for cards since my brother had never done it and didn't want them, and it took me approx. 4-5 days of constant idling to be able to get most of them. Ended up getting me Dead Rising 3 though!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Valve plugged that hole real good.

Articalys

What percent of Steam games have cards by now? Are a lot of them ex-bundle games, which explains why so many people have so many games they need to idle?

Strazyplus

Valve plugged that hole real good.

I havent cared for these cards, I am not gonna waste my time idling.

JaseC

What percent of Steam games have cards by now? Are a lot of them ex-bundle games, which explains why so many people have so many games they need to idle?

Well, the waters are muddied a little bit by the fact that some card-supporting games are no longer available on the store (e.g. FM 2013), however there are approximately 3,500 games currently available for purchase and ~870 of those support cards.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

There are currently 894 games on Steam with Trading Cards, and 3,533 total games on Steam. So 25.3% of all Steam games have trading cards at this point in time.

Oh yeah I know about the nuke command but what I've got stuck in my inventory is a) stuff I can't nuke due to the syntax and b) better served by the super-dooper beta feature so they go to the Clear Out thread eventually. Cheers though.
Ah, yes. I have steam gift link which was never claimed and I tried nuking it, but it still shows in my modbot loot. Guess stump is already working on that. Good luck with your problem.

Strazyplus

Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition -- MB-219EDD65BB1004F1 - Taken by Deitus. 188 entrants total.

CURSES! Deitus you win so often, congrats!

Hugstable

Banned
There are currently 894 games on Steam with Trading Cards, and 3,533 total games on Steam. So 25.3% of all Steam games have trading cards at this point in time.

Hot damn that's a lot of games with Steam trading cards. Also Jase is only 400 games away from having every Steam game!

JaseC

Hot damn that's a lot of games with Steam trading cards. Also Jase is only 400 games away from having every Steam game!

Well, I have my fair share of stuff that's no longer available, so the number is a bit higher than that. Plus there's also software to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom