• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugstable

Banned
They make a new thread if someone on the dev team goes to the toilet. I get that there's nothing else to play for them and TLOU is a great game but It's getting a bit much now.

yeah it seems a bit to have gotten out of hand. I understand the Petite thing was derailing the other thread... but did something like that really need to have it's own thread lol

Well, I have my fair share of stuff that's no longer available, so the number is a bit higher than that. Plus there's also software to consider.

Ahh that's true I had forgotten about all the software that's now on steam

Kanokare

Is this the video with Kuma's SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKA while going through the smoke and getting a headshot? I heard about it but missed that moment since I walked away from the stream for a bit.

I forgot which one it was but I'm going through them all now so I'll let you know when I find it XD

Dr Dogg

There are currently 894 games on Steam with Trading Cards, and 3,533 total games on Steam. So 25.3% of all Steam games have trading cards at this point in time.

See what you're missing Valve? This man know's your store insdie out.

Ah, yes. I have steam gift link which was never claimed and I tried nuking it, but it still shows in my modbot loot. Guess stump is already working on that. Good luck with your problem.

Yeah Humble Bundle links are like that also. I wouldn't do it as they're not hurting being in there (in fact it's stuff I made a booboo with and didn't post) but for me it helps keep up the key admin :p

dear lord, they really made a thread about that Carolyn Petit review?

Well not to got meta or derail this thread but half the conversation in the review and now the new thread is like when the Alpaca stuff happened in here that instead of just cutting it out on getting back on topic it was spun off into it's own thread.

Speaking of Minecraft, this article ran in my local newspaper some weeks ago. I think they really nailed the essence of Minecraft with that picture.

Is that what I think it is or do I have a filthy mind? My Finnish is obviously non-existent.

Hugstable

Banned
I forgot which one it was but I'm going through them all now so I'll let you know when I find it XD

XD that 40 second clip was hilarious. Turned down for hhhhwhat

Well not to got meta or derail this thread but half the conversation in that thread is like when the Alpaca stuff happened in this thread that instead of just cutting it out on getting back on topic it was spun off into it's own thread.

lol watch someone now go make a Alpaca Appreciation Thread on OT. Don't give em ideas! :p

Turfster

Nope. What branches?

I skipped all the rapey shit those other people encountered, so that's a big couple of branches right there, and when I tried to talk to a friend about the chapter where you're hunted, we basically had totally different experiences.
Yes, the branches sort of reconverge eventually, but still, there's not many games in these days of voice acting and full 3D models that offer real "sticking" branches.
It's still an impressive tour de force, and much more coherent than the joke that was Heavy Rain =p

Anyway, not really relevant to the Steam thread.

Planetary Annihilation is 50% off, 25$!
Wonder how much further it'll drop by the time it's going to be released.

Deitus

Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition -- MB-219EDD65BB1004F1 - Taken by Deitus. 188 entrants total.

CURSES! Deitus you win so often, congrats!

Awesome, and thanks. I just saw the PM before checking this thread. Thanks anonymous benefactor. I just hope the game runs decently well on PC.

I don't think it's true that I win all that often though, at least not for big things.

I'll do a giveaway later though when I can think of something good to give.

Congrats Delius.

Who?

I can only wonder if that thread would have gotten made if the review score was 10/10. There's something rather terrifying about some of the ND fans on this board. The last time I dared to say that I didn't think TLOU was a very good game, someone actually went digging into my PSN profile to prove that I hadn't played the game (I have, just not synced achievements).

iosefe

Awesome, and thanks. I just saw the PM before checking this thread. Thanks anonymous benefactor. I just hope the game runs decently well on PC.

I don't think it's true that I win all that often though, at least not for big things.

Who?

the real question is...

Can you run it?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
See what you're missing Valve? This man know's your store insdie out.

It helps that I have a database of all the community market items and their current values (thanks to steam.tools) and can easily go in and "SELECT DISTINCT appid" for a quick answer. :)

Well not to got meta or derail this thread but half the conversation in that thread is like when the Alpaca stuff happened in this thread that instead of just cutting it out on getting back on topic it was spun off into it's own thread.

So kind of like spinning off community talk into its own thread? HMMM
Seems like the thread is getting a bit back on track lately though

They make a new thread if someone on the dev team goes to the toilet. I get that there's nothing else to play for them and TLOU is a great game but It's getting a bit much now.

I just counted 9 TLoU threads on the front page now. Not sure I've ever seen anything quite like it?

For those with an x86 tablet, how do games work with touch controls?

Something like Divinity would be perfect for that type of play.

I really enjoy playing things on my Surface. The turned based stuff seems to work best. Civ, Shadowrun Returns, that sort of thing.

I like The Last of Us, but why there are something like 234072348 topic...about a re-released game?
Only because "is 1080p 60 fps"?
:l

To be honest, I think it's a topic which could spur some interesting discussion. And I'll leave it at that, because it's not really Steam related ;)

For those with an x86 tablet, how do games work with touch controls?

Something like Divinity would be perfect for that type of play.

Streamed games work great, I was going to post some stuff later about it. As for native games, they need to support borderless windowed mode or be played in a window, otherwise you get weird cursor offset problems. Also, for older games like Fallout, you have to enable mouse keys in the accessibility settings or the game thinks you have no mouse attached.

pahamrick

Who?

Pardon, I couldn't see the correct spelling through the bitter tears of defeat. :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
This also didn't happen in my HR playthrough ;)
Hint:
If you're visiting a creepy doctor guy you suspect of supplying drugs, don't drink the tea
=p
Your fault for not making better and smarter choices :p

You even missed a trophy if you didn't.

I played HR twice and watched a playthrough of it to see more of the choices :p

Well, it was more like "I was forced to play through the game a second time," but still.

Just preordered HuniePop.

lewd.gif[/QUOTE]

I think I might preorder it when it gets a store page. I know you can preorder from the game's website, but I'll pass on that for now.

It looks so bad. Expect things to happen closer to release though.

[quote="Tellaerin, post: 122997814"]...what gets me about those toys isn't so much the fact that they exist in the game (I'm assuming). It's that the artist managed to make them look so [i]cute[/i]. They're like something out of Kirby's Dream Sex Land. O_o[/QUOTE]

Couldn't not quote this.

[quote="Man Puncher, post: 123003826"]It's my birthday.[/QUOTE]

Happy birthday!

[quote="Rhaknar, post: 123028231"]didnt you hear, Steam User Reviews are the new Gaf metric for quality. Its part of the SteamGAF revolution... like the NWO, but without Hulk Hogan[/QUOTE]

When will SteamGaf challenge people to yapapi strap matches?

[quote="Turfster, post: 123032641"][b]Humble [url=http://www.humblebundle.com/flash]Humongous Entertainment[/url] bundle[/B]
[u]TIER 1:[/u] 1$
[list]
[*] Putt-putt Joins the Parade
[*] Freddi Fish and the case of the missing kep seeds
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]
[u]TIER 2:[/u] BTA
[list]
[*] Putt Putt Goes to the Moon
[*] Pajama Sam: No Need To Hide When It's Dark Outside
[*] Spy Fox in Dry Cereal
[*] Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse
[/list]
[u]TIER 3:[/u] 20$
[list]
[*] Humongous Complete Pack
[/list][/quote]

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/ib20VaMoFxemNa.gif

I played Putt-Putt Travels through Time as a kid, so I can write that review right now.

header_292x136.jpg

This is the best review you've ever written.

As someone who faced tLoU evangelists before, I warn you friend, there is no good coming from that place. Only a place of ill intentions and hurt feelings, where a 9 or an 8 is not good enough.

I wish I could be playing Abyss Odyssey :D
I hope the dev team releases an art book.

Parsnip

Is that what I think it is or do I have a filthy mind? My Finnish is obviously non-existent.
It's probably what it looks like. I almost suspect that whoever picked the picture did so just to see if he could get away with it. :p
The article itself is just your usual 'hey it's a game where you can build stuff'.

As someone who faced tLoU evangelists before, I warn you friend, there is no good coming from that place. Only a place of ill intentions and hurt feelings, where a 9 or an 8 is not good enough.

I wish I could be playing Abyss Odyssey :D
I hope the dev team releases an art book.
An Abyss Odyssey art book??? That's something that I didn't know I wanted.

Grief.exe

I can only wonder if that thread would have gotten made if the review score was 10/10. There's something rather terrifying about some of the ND fans on this board. The last time I dared to say that I didn't think TLOU was a very good game, someone actually went digging into my PSN profile to prove that I hadn't played the game (I have, just not synced achievements).

I just counted 9 TLoU threads on the front page now. Not sure I've ever seen anything quite like it?

That kind of brand loyalty is starting to dip into fanaticism.

Reminds me of the Transistor review thread where I reminded people the game was available on PC and was subsequently called a 'Steam Shill.'

rtcn63

"Can so and so still love" seems like one of those cheap ways to "promote" discussion with regards to a work, and well, garner page views. I've never heard of Carol Petit before today, so that worked, I guess. Forget her tomorrow too.

Can 900+ year old lords of time still love after surviving a war against laser-shooting dildo monsters?

FUCK YEAH!
506x278.resizedimage

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z -- MB-86036DA277F54591 - Taken by pahamrick

t1406580174z1.png

lpmwuk.gif

Reminds me of the Transistor review thread where I reminded people the game was available on PC and was subsequently called a 'Steam Schill.'
What the hell? Console wars bullshit is just insane. How do these people get into that kinda mental space and then not realize how goddamn crazy they sound?

pahamrick

Reminds me of the Transistor review thread where I reminded people the game was available on PC and was subsequently called a 'Steam Shill.'

Ugh. Reminds me why I don't bother posting in most other threads.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I aprove of that ninja giveaway, cyborg ninjas are afterall, the best ninjas

edit: what the fuck at the shit icon? the game looks awesome. Stump is a Ninja Gaiden fanboy clearly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom