• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I bought the Hori Mini 3 stick on british amazon. Hope it rocks!

It's not the size that matters, but the motion of the ocean

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not as 'JaseC' at least ;)
My life's mission has now become to get you to enter a giveaway

Good luck with that. ;) I'm not even sure what could compel me to enter one, really.

- I wouldn't enter for [some random game], because it wouldn't feel right to pinch it from somebody who may have wanted to actually play it
- I wouldn't enter for [some licensed game], for the same reason
- I wouldn't enter for [this year's AssCreed] because even though I would actually play it, it wouldn't feel right to win something that I could just buy myself

My arcade stick gets tons of usage with Steam. There is just no beating the feel of an arcade stick for specific genres of games. Ten or even five or so years ago there would not have been near as many arcade stick options on the PC. But when you combine more consistent PC gamepad support (I credit the wired 360 pad here) with the explosion of indie platformers, shooters, and retro styled games there is no shortage anymore. If you get the bug hard enough you'll end up in Arcade Stick GAF like I did.

Plus knowing that you won't have a buy a new stick per generation (or replace the PCB or something like that) is another great bonus of PC arcade stick gaming.

pahamrick

Good luck with that. ;)

Would you not even enter if someone, by some miracle, gave away a steam copy of Wheel Man? I'm assuming that would be the only thing that has a chance.

Course, any nice SteamGAFFER would give you first dibs before raffling, I think.

zkylon

zkylewd
Aw, thanks, man. : ) Hope you shake that headache soon. I'm an occasional migraine sufferer, so I can sympathize. : /
lol i have no idea how you managed to get a compliment out of that post in which i call you super old but hey i'll take it!

Olivia's taking a break for a bit, though. I figured I was due for a change. I ended up settling on Stahma Tarr from Defiance (Jaime Murray), everyone's favorite scheming Castithan. (Okay, maybe just my favorite scheming Castithan. But yeah, she's awesome.)
yea i have no idea who you're talking about

she looks like a weird alien version of scully from the x files to me

Omikron's one of those older games I really enjoyed, but never got to finish. : / I got a new PC while I was playing it, and the game didn't want to play nice with "newer operating systems" at the time ("newer" in this case meaning WinXP. >.> ) Now that it's on Steam, I'll have to wishlist it.

Omikron's one of those games that deserves a remake. The core concept was really ambitious at the time (being able to jump from body to body, with the inhabitants of the world having different stats and levels of combat skill), but having been released back in 1999, the game never really got to realize the potential of that premise. I'd love to see what could be done with the idea now - the futuristic city of Omikron brought to life with a GTA/Saints Row level of detail, the FPS and hand-to-hand combat bits integrated seamlessly with the rest of the game, character-specific skills that could be leveraged to solve puzzles (Need to pick a lock? Find a thief to possess! Searching for data hidden in a government mainframe? Take over a hacker!)... so much could be done with the basic idea now.
yeah i was really going off the david bowie's in it thing but that actually does sound really cool

JaseC

Would you not even enter if someone, by some miracle, gave away a steam copy of Wheel Man? I'm assuming that would be the only thing that has a chance.

Course, any nice SteamGAFFER would give you first dibs before raffling, I think.

WB is going to bring Wheelman back. Patience is a virtue!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck with that. ;) I'm not even sure what could compel me to enter one, really.

- I wouldn't enter for [some random game], because it wouldn't feel right to pinch it from somebody who may have wanted to actually play it
- I wouldn't enter for [some licensed game], for the same reason
- I wouldn't enter for [this year's AssCreed] because even though I would actually play it, it wouldn't feel right to win something that I could just buy myself

what if Saoirse Ronan made an account and gave a kiss away?

Autofokus

You guys also know I'm a huge proponent of audio quality. They kept bringing up how the narrator's voice through the speaker in the controller was 'next-gen' and 'awe inspiring design.' I probably shouldn't have argued that point, I just found it extremely hard to believe that was a compelling reason to push the PS4 version.

While I wouldn't use it as a selling point, it's works really good with the narrative. The DS4 speaker also sounds way better than the old Wiiremote.

And I'm probably more of an audio buff than you are. I have a range of studio-class headphones and eagerly waiting for my Oppo HA-1/PM-1 Combo (hopefully in August, not so easy to get them in europe - at least not without manufacture warranty shenanigans). But it doesn't really matter. The speaker feature isn't about audio quality, it's about immersion/atmosphere.

Shadownet

Banned
Hey guys, for game night any suggestion for tonight?

We can do multiple games if you want. I have CSGO, Sonic All Stars Racing lined up.

Anything else anyone is interested in?

Yeah you see it with everything, I don't really like talking about only console fanaticism due to it being a steam thread and I don't like people getting an impression that people here are "console haters" or having a strong bias, so take PC for example, you still see a lot of obnoxious "pc master race" garbage sometimes everywhere else so it's not really a console only thing, if you're willing to look outside of gaf, heck the steam community is a terrible place and I'm sure they are probably in there somewhere.

I'm just glad that most of that garbage are usually filtered out of gaf, but you'll still run into that "this will melt the ps4 lol" guy every now and then.
Steam community forums can be absolutely awful about that stuff. And yeah, it's not like PC guys are immune to that stuff either. What boggles me is that people actually believe that stuff. Like I'll say it sometimes just to be funny or dumb, but I don't actually believe that shit.
Hey guys, for game night any suggestion for tonight?

We can do multiple games if you want. I have CSGO, Sonic All Stars Racing lined up.

Anything else anyone is interested in?
I think Sonic Racing would be cool. I'll probably participate in both that and CS if I can.

JaseC

what if Saoirse Ronan made an account and gave a kiss away?

Haha, that'd be cheating. If she wanted to kiss me I'd prefer it be by her own volition rather than obligation. ;)

Wait Jase, what're SEGA doing with their Steam Dreamcast games?

No idea yet. They're all now tied to a silent launcher aptly named AppLauncher.exe, however I'm not sure why. It would appear as though Sega is patching in DRM but surely that's not the case, haha.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Replaying Mirror's Edge, first time on pc. Game is still so much fun. I still remember all the level layouts from the time trials back in the day. And it looks drop dead gorgeous on pc.

Mokoi

Banned
My top picks in no order:

Viscera Cleanup Detail
South Park: SoT
Divinity: OS
Spintires

Viscera Cleanup Detail is now one of the top games I played this year. I've been really enjoying it since I like to clean shit up. Almost done with the cryogenics level.

That's odd. I had thought that everything that was 360 would just show as a 360 pad and work fine. Didn't realize there were some compatibility issues.
Yeah, some USB chipsets don't really like MadCatz sticks. But I'd thought it was more an issue with the PS3 sticks than the 360 ones... No better way to find out, I guess.

Shadownet

Banned
t1406588400z1.png

How to join: Quote this post with which game you want to play to reserve a spot, and add me on Steam (if we're not already friends) I'll invite you when the game is starting.

14d68e05_capsule_467x181.jpeg

Counter Strike Global Offensive
(If we have 5 then we do Comp, if we have 10 then we can split into two groups and do Comp or stay as one and do Casual)

1. Shadownet
  2. Phoenix
  3. PAULINK
  4. Junko
  5. InvinsibleStride
  6. Kanokage
  7. Empty Spot
  8. Empty Spot
  9. Empty Spot
  10. Empty Spot

header.jpg

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
(Up to 10 players) *This can start at anytime depends on who is hosting and when there is enough people*
  1. Empty Spot
  2. Empty Spot
  3. Empty Spot
  4. Empty Spot
  5. Empty Spot
  6. Empty Spot
  7. Empty Spot
  8. Empty Spot
  9. Empty Spot
  10. Empty Spot

header_586x192.jpg

Serious Sam 3: BFE *This can start at anytime depends on who is hosting and when there is enough people*
(Up to 16 players)

1. morningbus
  2. Hugstable
  3. Empty Spot
  4. Empty Spot
  5. Empty Spot
  6. Empty Spot
  7. Empty Spot
  8. Empty Spot
  9. Empty Spot
  10. Empty Spot

Kanokare

t1406588400z1.png

How to join: Quote this post with which game you want to play to reserve a spot, and add me on Steam (if we're not already friends) I'll invite you when the game is starting.

(If we have 5 then we do Comp, if we have 10 then we can split into two groups and do Comp or stay as one and do Casual)

1. Shadownet
  2. Phoenix
  3. PAULINK
  4. Junko
  5. Empty Spot
  6. Empty Spot
  7. Empty Spot
  8. Empty Spot
  9. Empty Spot
  10. Empty Spot

CS:GO fo sho.

How do I get separate keys for Humble games that I can register with ModBot? I got a gift pack of the 2K Bundle some time ago and, if possible, would like to give the games out separately.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
t1406588400z1.png

header.jpg

(Up to 10 players)
  1. Empty Spot
  2. Empty Spot
  3. Empty Spot
  4. Empty Spot
  5. Empty Spot
  6. Empty Spot
  7. Empty Spot
  8. Empty Spot
  9. Empty Spot
  10. Empty Spot

I do enjoy a good race.

Anteater

... and we're getting Red Dead Redemption released tomorrow on steam ;)

I wonder if Rockstar is doing anything with it, if they're doing a ps4/xbox one release maybe they would release it on pc too like they did with GTA5

Replaying Mirror's Edge, first time on pc. Game is still so much fun. I still remember all the level layouts from the time trials back in the day. And it looks drop dead gorgeous on pc.

I was kind of glad I missed out on it on consoles, I remember the jaggies were kind of terrible on the ps3 when I played the demo, the increased resolution and framerate really makes it into a super gorgeous game, so playing it for the first time on pc is like some next gen shit. I didn't like anything related to the gun dudes but man I really love the platforming and just running around the city.

Steam community forums can be absolutely awful about that stuff. And yeah, it's not like PC guys are immune to that stuff either. What boggles me is that people actually believe that stuff. Like I'll say it sometimes just to be funny or dumb, but I don't actually believe that shit.
I think Sonic Racing would be cool. I'll probably participate in both that and CS if I can.

Yea my friend likes to find all sorts of crap posts on there and link me, I refuse to click on them nowadays!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Bah, just playing a game of Borderlands 2 with some buddies and Steam falls over?

Well, we'll kill the Sandman another day!

Shadownet

Banned
t1406588400z1.png

(1st Group)
  1. Shadownet
  2. Phoenix
  3. PAULINK
  4. Junko
  5. Kanokage

(2nd Group)
  6. InvisibleStride
  7. MarcoZombieCannon
  8. FromTheFuture
  9. animlboogy
  10. Beelzebubs

header.jpg

(Up to 10 players) *This can start at anytime depends on who is hosting and when there is enough people*
  1. Gurthang
  2. salazar547
  3. Elija2
  4. EzioCroft
  5. Empty Spot
  6. Empty Spot
  7. Empty Spot
  8. Empty Spot
  9. Empty Spot
  10. Empty Spot

header_586x192.jpg

Serious Sam 3: BFE
(Up to 16 players) *This can start at anytime depends on who is hosting and when there is enough people*

1. morningbus
  2. Hugstable
  3. ricochetguro
  4. Deitus
  5. lashman
  6. The Dear Leader (40oz)
  7. PrematureQuiche
  8. Empty Spot
  9. Empty Spot
  10. Empty Spot

header_586x192.jpg

Serious Sam 3: BFE
(Up to 16 players) *This can start at anytime depends on who is hosting and when there is enough people*

1. morningbus
  2. Hugstable
  3. ricochetguro
  4. Empty Spot
  5. Empty Spot
  6. Empty Spot
  7. Empty Spot
  8. Empty Spot
  9. Empty Spot
  10. Empty Spot

I will play Serious Sam 3. 16 player coop always seemed neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom