• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I wonder if Rockstar is doing anything with it, if they're doing a ps4/xbox one release maybe they would release it on pc too like they did with GTA5

oh man .. I really hope so ... if Jase can dream about Wheelman returning to steam, I might as well dream about a PC port of RDR, goddammit!! :p haha

Ibuki

Banned
Put me down for CSGO, I suppose.

smile-zoom-in.gif

Turfster

How do I get separate keys for Humble games that I can register with ModBot? I got a gift pack of the 2K Bundle some time ago and, if possible, would like to give the games out separately.

I don't think you can regift a humble bundle link.
Are there "gift box" links behind the keys?
Like so:
4ilD9XV.png

If there aren't, you're basically out of luck.
If there are, clicking them should generate separate links for each line there is one available for.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol won putt-putt goes to the moon

yay

gonna have such a nostalgia trip to the age of 8 year old zky

back to an age i had really short hair, was very squeamish about gore in videogames (still am) and was starting to discover i really liked depressing stories

t1406588400z1.png

How to join: Quote this post with which game you want to play to reserve a spot, and add me on Steam (if we're not already friends) I'll invite you when the game is starting.

14d68e05_capsule_467x181.jpeg

Counter Strike Global Offensive
(If we have 5 then we do Comp, if we have 10 then we can split into two groups and do Comp or stay as one and do Casual)

1. Shadownet
  2. Phoenix
  3. PAULINK
  4. Junko
  5. InvinsibleStride
  6. Kanokage
  7. Empty Spot
  8. Empty Spot
  9. Empty Spot
  10. Empty Spot

I'd be down to play if there's still room.

Ozium

Anyone waiting for a game to update before they start a playthrough?

I'm holding off on Dark Souls until GFWL is removed, and until Terraria gets those sweet, sweet achievements in its next update.

Same for Terraria, most EA titles...

Same here (first I heard that Terraria was finally getting achievements). Don't Starve honestly should have them as well considering they're apparently mandatory on PSN games and Klei had to add them when they made the port, but never bothered to retroactively add them to PC.

They don't want achievements in Don't Starve. Period. If you ask in the Steam forums about achievements prepare to be villified.

didnt you hear, Steam User Reviews are the new Gaf metric for quality.

They are the best way to gauge an interest in a game outside of Polygon and Kotaku!

Your kids might be GAF members.

Find them. Tag them with "My dad made Enhanced Steam"

Time for *drumroll* SPEEDRUNNERS!

RLoomaX.png

3 players will compete against the mighty chicken!
Be the winner of a full race (3 wins) and earn yourself a free random game! (up to 10)
Only official levels, except for the prototype level.

There's a catch (or is it a win?) though, the worst player will win Graveyard!
You have to play it this week and, if you are able to, stream it.
You get one point for every point you score in a race (not to be confused as a full race win).

#1: DunderHassan
#2: dot.
#3: Nabs
#4: The_Super_Inframan

Kiru

Internal Server Error - Read
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.ee9b5ecc.1406583790.46beed8a

Arthea

oh steam, you couldn't choose worse time to go down.

edited:
in other news, the Room is great, ya and it's about alchemy! Almost too good to be true (><)

MRORANGE

I'm going to be talking to stump about it in the near future. It's getting too big for this thread.

Just make a thread, and just quote from that thread on what games are going on for that night in here, people can use the other thread to confirm if they are joining or not.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, it's like it's Tuesday already.

On a completely unrelated note, what are everyone's favorite games of 2014 so far, now that we're 7 months in? Mine would be Shovel Knight, which I'm playing on Wii U, and Broken Age, which I started on Steam and finished on a friend's iPad, weirdly enough.

I should probably play more games that were released in 2014, because at this point it's either Bravely Default or the iOS port of SMT I.

One Way Heroics doesn't really count because it came out in 2013 originally, but arrived on Steam in 2014. Yoshi's New Island was okay. Always Sometimes Monsters has too many flaws. Noir Syndrome was okay, but was also really flawed, might have to check it out again since the game's been patched a lot since launch.

I still have to play the Banner Saga, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Mario Golf: World Tour, Tomodachi Life, and Shadowrun: Dragonfall. At least The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth might come out this year, along with Hotline Miami 2, Fantasy Life, the new Pokemon games, and Smash Bros, so there's all that too. I don't think the Trails in the Sky PC version counts :/

I don't think you can regift a humble bundle link.
Are there "gift box" links behind the keys?
Like so:
4ilD9XV.png

I read that as Steely Dan and got really confused for a few seconds.

and u know, it's in line with how i really don't care for superhero teenager stories

my problem with his directing, tho, is its pacing. like it feels like he's wasting so much of my time, the story seems aimless and it's just so full of cliches, yuck :/
I guess that's fair enough. I didn't really feel this way.

i love disjointed storytelling but imo this feels like it's hiding how weak the story in general is.
I don't think there is much of a central story until the last hour of the game tbh. Just small vignettes tied together very loosely. It was an experiment and I enjoyed it for what it was. I still took some meaning from the scenes that appear pointless at first glance. I'm a sucker for anything where you can explore though and there is lots to be explored and found in Beyond that give some additional context to things, which I guess was a big part for me. A lot of the cool things are actually hidden in the environment and can be missed permanently. So most of the fun for me came from exploring the with love and attention to detail crafted scenes.

like scene 1 you see her lying in the street, homeless. scene 2, another homeless guy takes her to his spot under a bridge. scene 3 you get to control jodie and walk around looking for objects to kill yourself with. now suicide and homelessness are super interesting shit to tackle in videogames and i can appreciate the effort but you know, it's so poorly done
I really liked scene 3. Everything was optional, you don't have to look for objects to kill yourself at all. And there are some pretty emotional moments when searching the trashcan as Jodie, playing guitar and flying into the diner as Aiden. Also finding out that Stan's wife died to leukemia and channelling her later was pretty damn well done. Especially since it changes his character convincing him to find a job again as you can see in the flashbacks in the hospital.

i'm starting to think the game bugged out (yay) and set me on shitty ass "tell me a story!" mode cos run, jump? full control of anything? more than one blue object to interact with as drunk ghost?

specially since i just watched like 5 minutes of a let's play and it didn't have dem big ass arrows pointing out what to do, so maybe we getting to the root of the matter, in which case fuck this game for like saving the one variable that matters incorrectly
Well, you are indeed on easy mode (first chosen when the game was installed). The difference is mostly that the fight scenes have no arrows and require looking at Jodie's body parts instead to determine the right inputs. No automated walking anymore during some action scenes and some more inputs in general (e.g. sixaxis prompts). Also Aiden can be controlled freely through the environment in 3D with no stupid yellow balls limiting you or showing you the way to go. Easy mode was built with the smartphone app in mind, so the app defaults to easy.

dot

RLoomaX.png

Be the winner of a full race (3 wins) and earn yourself a free random game! (up to 10)

You have to play it this week, if you are able to, stream it.
You get one point for every point you score in a race (not to be confused as a full race win).

#2:
#3:
#4:

I'm in...

funny that you mention only official levels :p

What determines the worst player though? First to die? I hope it isn't me.

Nabs

Might be a good idea to make a thread at this point for game night, or send requests for slots through PM's.

I think it's cool that we're finally playing games here.

RLoomaX.png

#2:
#3:
#4:

Me?!

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

RLoomaX.png

#2:
#3:
#4:

Duuuundeeer!!!

RLoomaX.png

#2:
#3:
#4:

Y'know I'm in.

that is correct
If you play with morningbus, I think you have to start over, since he's probably not midway through where we left off.

I'm in...

funny that you mention only official levels :p

What determines the worst player though? First to die? I hope it isn't me.

Haha, unofficials are too messy and random :D
for each single win in a race, you get one point.
The player with fewest points lose, if it's a tie we will have a sudden death between those two or three.

Divius

I might be down for CSGO Casual depending if I'm still awake and I don't lag too much.

I would be down for Speedrunners but the game is too buggy for me atm. So that's a no.

edit: and the whole reason I bought Speedrunners is so I could play it with you guys :(

Y'know I'm in.

Seems like you missed out by seconds :(

Duuuundeeer!!!

Schnitzeeeeeeeeeeeeeel! (I guess you're in? :p)

Steam is down right now though for me so i might have to drop out.

Out for me as well, so don't worry.
We'll start when it works for us all.

t1406588400z1.png

How to join: Quote this post with which game you want to play to reserve a spot, and add me on Steam (if we're not already friends) I'll invite you when the game is starting.

Counter Strike Global Offensive

Put me in reserves, might join in.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Shame I missed the SpeedRunners match. I don't even want to win anything, I just wanted an excuse to play it again after having so much fun with friends the other day.

Just make a thread, and just quote from that thread on what games are going on for that night in here, people can use the other thread to confirm if they are joining or not.
C'mon, it's not like this isn't Steam-related or anything :/

Aaron D.

Viscera Cleanup Detail is now one of the top games I played this year. I've been really enjoying it since I like to clean shit up. Almost done with the cryogenics level.

Internet High Five!

VCD is so golden.

20+ of shooting up the place since Doom and no one ever stopped to wonder what happens when the smoke clears and the winners & losers go home.

Amazed it took this long to get a game like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom