• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I'm down for CSGO if we're playing casual, otherwise I'll just spectate you guys in comp.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/roboitodatoneguy/

I think at this point the 1st group is playing comp for sure. (1st group being the 1st 5 people. I'm not sure about the other 3 people who are made up of the second group. It might be comp or casual)

I might be down for CSGO Casual depending if I'm still awake and I don't lag too much.

I would be down for Speedrunners but the game is too buggy for me atm. So that's a no.

mmk, let me know later.
-------------------------------

I added everyone to the list.

Morningbus will be hosting Serious Sam so you gotta go to talk to him about when the game start. No one is hosting Sanic Racing yet so if no one want it I'll just take it out. and MAYBE replace it with something else if anyone has a suggestion.

and yeah I think after tonight we probably should make a thread for game night.

t1406588400z1.png

How to join: Quote this post with which game you want to play to reserve a spot, and add me on Steam (if we're not already friends) I'll invite you when the game is starting.

header.jpg

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
(Up to 10 players) *This can start at anytime depends on who is hosting and when there is enough people*
  1. Empty Spot
  2. Empty Spot
  3. Empty Spot
  4. Empty Spot
  5. Empty Spot
  6. Empty Spot
  7. Empty Spot
  8. Empty Spot
  9. Empty Spot
  10. Empty Spot
i want to play some SANIC racing

StAidan

On a completely unrelated note, what are everyone's favorite games of 2014 so far, now that we're 7 months in? Mine would be Shovel Knight, which I'm playing on Wii U, and Broken Age, which I started on Steam and finished on a friend's iPad, weirdly enough.

This question made me refer to my list of games completed for 2014 (all 26 of them), and subsequently realize that the only game I've played this year that actually *released* this year is Mario Kart 8.

So, uh, Mario Kart 8.

cbxyxb.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z -- MB-E310796496FDBF8F - Taken by Rhaknar. 20 entrants total.

t1406585334z1.png

E48CD1069F7D0C0267F120885E9DFB1942340CE4

I think at this point the 1st group is playing comp for sure. (1st group being the 1st 5 people. I'm not sure about the other 3 people who are made up of the second group. It might be comp or casual)

Alright, well let me know if/when we ever get a 5v5 casual going, I'll be open. Thanks for the heads up.

What kind of performance are people getting with Landmark? Can't seem to hold a steady 60 FPS no matter what I do. Constantly drops to the 40s and flies all over the place.

zkylon

zkylewd
thanks for replying

I guess that's fair enough. I didn't really feel this way.
cool by me, i'm not trying to shit on the game, just give my thoughts

i often come off as like "my opinion over others" but that's not my intent

just the way i talk

I don't think there is much of a central story until the last hour of the game tbh. Just small vignettes tied together very loosely. It was an experiment and I enjoyed it for what it was. I still took some meaning from the scenes that appear pointless at first glance.
i don't think i've said they were pointless tho, but aimless. maybe it'll make sense in the end but i feel like this game would've been much better as a linear thing. just small scenes of life-sucks that build up until you get to be badass cia agent jodie.

at least less back and forth, at one point i was actually thinking if the order of the scenes might've been chosen randomly at the start of the game or something (which would be kinda dope)

things are kinda coming together now after the whole navajo business but damn if it took a long time to get there.

I'm a sucker for anything where you can explore though and there is lots to be explored and found in Beyond that give some additional context to things, which I guess was a big part for me. A lot of the cool things are actually hidden in the environment and can be missed permanently. So most of the fun for me came from exploring the with love and attention to detail crafted scenes.
you know, i'm actually surprised you mentioned the diner thing since i never thought about that. i didn't think about that cos i wanted to check out inside a truck and it didn't let me so i just assumed i wasn't gonna get anything out of aiden that scene

i think playing the game with friends is actually worse in this game, at least coop, cos basically one person is bored as hell while the other one plays and you're always thinking "is it my turn? is it his?" instead of just working together to get the most out of the game

i'm really surprised some of the action scenes which involve both jodie and aiden have you just playing as him as they would've been really cool situations to make you and your coop buddy coordinate with like both trying to run in the same direction with no on screen prompts

I really liked scene 3. Everything was optional, you don't have to look for objects to kill yourself at all. And there are some pretty emotional moments when searching the trashcan as Jodie, playing guitar and flying into the diner as Aiden. Also finding out that Stan's wife died to leukemia and channelling her later was pretty damn well done. Especially since it changes his character convincing him to find a job again as you can see in the flashbacks in the hospital.
i really want to understand how did everyone magically get a job after
jodie falls into a coma
(imma spoilertag this a bit). felt really awkward. i can't remember if i did the wife thing cos we split playthroughs in the middle of the homeless section cos it was getting late but i got what you say to happen so i guess i must have

stan is a cool character, i enjoyed him

not so much meth head jimmy and tuesday and whatnot

Well, you are indeed on easy mode (first chosen when the game was installed). The difference is mostly that the fight scenes have no arrows and require looking at Jodie's body parts instead to determine the right inputs. No automated walking anymore during some action scenes and some more inputs in general (e.g. sixaxis prompts). Also Aiden can be controlled freely through the environment in 3D with no stupid yellow balls limiting you or showing you the way to go. Easy mode was built with the smartphone app in mind, so the app defaults to easy.
well what's weird is that i have full aiden control, but i know it can be set by player so i guess it must have bizarrely set itself different on both things

i'm not opposed against shitty modes (tho i'll reserve my right to call em that) but defaulting to them is like the most cynical thing ever :/

t1406588400z1.png

How to join: Quote this post with which game you want to play to reserve a spot, and add me on Steam (if we're not already friends) I'll invite you when the game is starting.

14d68e05_capsule_467x181.jpeg

Counter Strike Global Offensive
(If we have 5 then we do Comp, if we have 10 then we can split into two groups and do Comp or stay as one and do Casual)

1. Shadownet
  2. Phoenix
  3. PAULINK
  4. Junko
  5. InvinsibleStride
  6. Kanokage
  7. Empty Spot
  8. Empty Spot
  9. Empty Spot
  10. Empty Spot

header.jpg

(Up to 10 players) *This can start at anytime depends on who is hosting and when there is enough people*
  1. Empty Spot
  2. Empty Spot
  3. Empty Spot
  4. Empty Spot
  5. Empty Spot
  6. Empty Spot
  7. Empty Spot
  8. Empty Spot
  9. Empty Spot
  10. Empty Spot

header_586x192.jpg

Serious Sam 3: BFE *This can start at anytime depends on who is hosting and when there is enough people*
(Up to 16 players)

1. morningbus
  2. Hugstable
  3. Empty Spot
  4. Empty Spot
  5. Empty Spot
  6. Empty Spot
  7. Empty Spot
  8. Empty Spot
  9. Empty Spot
  10. Empty Spot

i'm in for counterstrike but I owe it to Morningbus to play Serious Sam 3 with him when he is ready so i'll hop out at the end of the current game then!

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Finding Teddy -- MB-848296170E0BC7EA - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Ethan Meteor Hunter -- MB-C64CD8DD0164B7A1 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.

t1406586054z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
CS:GO BRO, YO YOU DIDN'T KNOW?

I did not know. I'll start a 3rd group for you to lead. but if no one else join. then you might have to wait or play another game?

Dunder said he might join so if he doesnt. you can take his spot in the 2nd group

-------------

i'm in for counterstrike but I owe it to Morningbus to play Serious Sam 3 with him when he is ready so i'll hop out at the end of the current game then!

So ummm.. do you want me to sign you up for Serious Sam or CSGO? lol

Double

[URL="http://www.twitch.tv/poucino/]Streaming the game DSix made and released on Steam today, Proxy Blade Zero[/URL] (maybe my stream's lagging, could someone tell me? :>

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I did not know. I'll start a 3rd group for you to lead. but if no one else join. then you might have to wait or play another game?
I was just rhyming. I didn't expect you to know.

Nah, don't bother with another group - I'll log on, if I'm needed: cool, if not I'll just play solo

MayMay

Banned
Steam is up http://www.issteamdown.com/

That said I've managed to schedule the games night events through the browser.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NeoGAFGN#events/242384631263775549
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NeoGAFGN#events/242384631263864370

Shadow, add Beelzebubs to counter strike.

EDIT: Apparently I can't make an event for Sonic since I don't own it.

Took care of that

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NeoGAFGN#events/242384631265966494

header.jpg

Count me in for Sonic,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom