• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

sometimes i wonder why i play with dunder with dunder so much

it's so hard to win, but sometimes you get real close and it feels good, then suddenly bam, Falcon wins.
yet i still learn

man, i love this game.

Same here.

I don't even know why i play it. I just end up swinging into spikes.

Jawmuncher

It's always been about the world building and story and characters as far as I remember, thanks to how much text there is in the game, how people have different things to say depending on when you talk to them and all that stuff and the writing in the game being better than what is usually expected from JRPGs (I don't think anyone hyped it as a masterpiece story but still more prominent than the rest).
The gameplay is fine but I don't remember people putting it over the rest in general, though I'm sure some found it more interesting than the rest of the game.

This is straight out of the OT:

Hmm that's interesting. Its at a cheap enough price that I'll be jumping on it easily either way. But this helps bring back some of my original interest .

I have now been awake for more than 18 hours.
These freakin' night shifts mang...

I know the pain well friend.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
CHOO CHOO

irKim0D67mfm7.png

I should probably quote these so they don't start eating the page alive. Sorry if anyone's been annoyed by the hype train spam.

Spare

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Samaritan Paradox -- MB-3D175274F0ECD374 - Taken by bronson. 4 entrants total.

t1406605734z1.png

saunderez

can't find an affordable acoustic to use with it though :/

Are you learning from scratch? If so you'd probably be better off with an electric, so much easier to fret an electric guitar compared to an acoustic. I started on electric and I was surprised how much force is necessary to depress the strings the first time I picked up an acoustic.

wilflare

Are you learning from scratch? If so you'd probably be better off with an electric, so much easier to fret an electric guitar compared to an acoustic. I started on electric and I was surprised how much force is necessary to depress the strings the first time I picked up an acoustic.

yea from scratch... but haha I would be playing acoustic/classic more... (don't have situations where i'll use electric)

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Steam is so incredible and so evolved compared to the other platforms. I've been off in Playstationland for the last two weeks playing Destiny. I get back onto steam wanting to buy OlliOlli and I see a notification in my inventory thats a 20% of coupon for olliolli since I own hotline miami. So I click the thing and it takes me right to the check out with a "you saved 2.25$ highlighted in green.

I mean what?!? I guess its just devolver being good at what they do because I think the same thing happened with luftrausers when that came out. but that kind of thing is very manipulative and it works. at least it works for me.

Hugstable

Banned
Another fun night of Serious Sammage 3 with Iashman and Frosty again tonight, but this timed joined with Deitus and RionnaM! (I think I might have spelled your names wrong haha). That was insane fun though, and we should only have about 4 levels left in the game. All about that Cannonball. Plus that glitch was hilarious at the start of the level, can't wait to see the clip from that.

Steam is so incredible and so evolved compared to the other platforms. I've been off in Playstationland for the last two weeks playing Destiny. I get back onto steam wanting to buy OlliOlli and I see a notification in my inventory thats a 20% of coupon for olliolli since I own hotline miami. So I click the thing and it takes me right to the check out with a "you saved 2.25$ highlighted in green.

I mean what?!? I guess its just devolver being good at what they do because I think the same thing happened with luftrausers when that came out. but that kind of thing is very manipulative and it works. at least it works for me.
Yea Devolver loves tossing about coupons.

saunderez

yea from scratch... but haha I would be playing acoustic/classic more... (don't have situations where i'll use electric)

Fair enough. For the record I started from scratch with Rocksmith. I'm not gonna say I'm any good, but I'm getting better every time I play and I came from barely even knowing to hold the guitar which has impressed a lot of my friends.

Hugstable

Banned
CHOO CHOO

I should probably quote these so they don't start eating the page alive. Sorry if anyone's been annoyed by the hype train spam.

My avatar is like the smallest on the train haha :D This hype train really grew since I last saw it! Only half a day more til it's time to get off!

Binding of Isaac update on controls and resolution

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863756

Is there still no date for it yet? And thank god we are finally get true controller support. I spent about 40 hours or so on the original and have been waiting for Rebirth so much since we first started hearing about it.

chronomac

Finished Arkham City a couple days ago and decided to jump in to Arkham Origins. It's just a touch buggy:

I'm supposed to be holding Killer Croc's head. When he started disappearing, the audio completely died. It started up again after the next cutscene. I can say that I like the HUD better, though. So there's that.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Another fun night of Serious Sammage 3 with Lashman and Frosty again tonight, but this timed joined with Deitus and RionnaM! (I think I might have spelled your names wrong haha). That was insane fun though, and we should only have about 4 levels left in the game. All about that Cannonball. Plus that glitch was hilarious at the start of the level, can't wait to see the clip from that.
Seriously man, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw you glitching like that. Someone should make a .gif out of that!

Alright, looks like I can use my VM for image editing now...Paint.NET ain't shabby! Here's an amateur's crop:

Rx5SNZE.png

It's from Psychic Detective Series Vol. 3 AYA for the FM Towns and Windows.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Binding of Isaac update on controls and resolution

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863756

That 3DS tease though.

Is there still no date for it yet? And thank god we are finally get true controller support. I spent about 40 hours or so on the original and have been waiting for Rebirth so much since we first started hearing about it.

It's still slated for 2014, but no official date yet.

As long as more of the game's really great soundtrack is slowly revealed over time, I'm okay with this.

Little known fact:
Ryu is my financial planner. After seeing my account balances, he has "advised" me that this is the last giveaway.

jjnnix.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
Note: Please only enter this if you have a real interest in the game and honestly think you might like it.
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
YAIBA: NINJA GAIDEN Z -- MB-DAD1B634FDCDD535 - Taken by Fuzzification. 30 entrants total.

t1406617795z1.png

awmaqd.gif

Does anyone know if websites that sell Steam Keys are reliable? I'm looking for the best deal for XCOM (I would prefer Steam), and I came across a website that listed all of the best deals for the game. Currently Steam and Amazon are selling it for $30, but there are sites such as OnlineKeyStore and OnePlay selling Steam Keys for as low as $7...

I really want to get the game but I'd rather not give my credit card out to a shady site, on the other hand I don't want to feel like an idiot because I could have saved $20. Help GAF!

Is that the scene you were talking about after the boss fight? Super Izuna drop? o_o

Yeah, that comes from the midway part of chapter 5 -- but you can't really see any spoilers in it... it's just some really cool fight sequence bits that leads to a Super Izuna Drop. :p

Fun Fact: one of my featured achievements on my steam profile page is from Yaiba for beating the game on Nightmare difficulty -- it's called Izuna Drop the Mic.

Updated Hype Train:

Is Yaiba on there?

Caerith

Does anyone know if websites that sell Steam Keys are reliable? I'm looking for the best deal for XCOM (I would prefer Steam), and I came across a website that listed all of the best deals for the game. Currently Steam and Amazon are selling it for $30, but there are sites such as OnlineKeyStore and OnePlay selling Steam Keys for as low as $7...

I really want to get the game but I'd rather not give my credit card out to a shady site, on the other hand I don't want to feel like an idiot because I could have saved $20. Help GAF!

Some are reliable, but if you have to ask about one it probably isn't. The ones you're asking about? I've never heard of them.

Finished Arkham City a couple days ago and decided to jump in to Arkham Origins. It's just a touch buggy:

I'm supposed to be holding Killer Croc's head. When he started disappearing, the audio completely died. It started up again after the next cutscene. I can say that I like the HUD better, though. So there's that.

Yup. That game blows. They straight up said they weren't going to finish fixing bugs and instead focused on making DLC for that broken game.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
since Huggy, Frosty, RionaaM and Deitus wanted me to post this - here you go :) hehehe

ss3_glitch.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
those are some fucking high quality gifs, did you make them yourself frost?

If you can purchase some TF2 keys you'd be able to get xcom for 5-8 keys ($2.50 a key = 12.5-20) depending on whether you get the complete version or not.
check here

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

A lot of key reseller sites aren't really reliable, and you can sometimes risk having your key rescinded by a company, meaning you can't play the game, and the site you bought it from may or may not give you a refund. Plus a lot of those sites are banned on Gaf.

Basically, any site not in this thread's OP = probably not safe to buy from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom